Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

buttplug posted:

Believe it or not, I agree. People say stupid, obnoxious poo poo on the Internet - that's what the Internet is for. I highly doubt anybody that posts in this thread regularly says or does any of the poo poo they post here and if so, most of it is some pretty forehead-slapping-worthy poo poo.

Also, to the guy whose commander said he needed "more experience in his AOR before he was ready for Annapolis" - your CO sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

Wait, who offed themselves?

Quarterly Prophet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

nwin posted:

Quarterly Prophet.

Oh, I didn't realize it was over some goonette (loving bitches man)... I was thinking he was talking about somebody else, sorry.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Some retired 0-4 who was in the Navy but got out to fly planes for one of the airlines bought my lunch today. I guess you guys are pretty cool.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://www.thelastshiptnt.com/

:lol:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
That looks incomprehensibly, painfully stupid. Also

A .docx file in 2014? Spreading a virus as a promo of a spreading virus TV show is taking, uh, viral marketing a touch too far, no?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
So bad it's good. They are fight Russians so it will own tho

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I know it's Michael Bay and all, but didn't prime-time TV learn their lesson with "Last Resort"? This is going to get old after about 2 episodes and people will lose interest. So much for being the "Last Ship" when they run out of loving gas and food because they haven't UNREP'ed in 2 whole weeks.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

buttplug posted:

I know it's Michael Bay and all, but didn't prime-time TV learn their lesson with "Last Resort"? This is going to get old after about 2 episodes and people will lose interest. So much for being the "Last Ship" when they run out of loving gas and food because they haven't UNREP'ed in 2 whole weeks.

Then they become what every sailor dreams. :yarr:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pandasmores posted:

A South African I know says that should be the worlds's greatest fear. America collapses and her Navy turns to piracy

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

A South African I know says that should be the worlds's greatest fear. America collapses and her Navy turns to piracy

I would consider reenlisting.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Booblord Zagats posted:

Your friend is a retard.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
JAG was hugely popular and spun off one of the most successful dramas of all time. You can't really blame TV execs for biting on a Navy show.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
if you liked jag, or especially ncis, please please kill yourself

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

if you liked jag, or especially ncis, please please kill yourself

Just be sure to write your own SITREP for the incident before you do it, save the duty officer for your ISIC the hassle :chiefsay:

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
When I saw the trailer for that show, I thought to myself: how the gently caress are they going to pick a destroyer? That thing won't survive 15 days.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Pandasmores posted:

Adrift?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I've never seen NCIS but is it literally just a TV show revolved around NCIS "agents" or w/e they're called chasing down petty officer _______ for raping a chick or dealing drugs out of the barracks? Well I guess they cover the Marine Corps as well but even then with both branches combined there isn't that many people?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Christoff posted:

I've never seen NCIS but is it literally just a TV show revolved around NCIS "agents" or w/e they're called chasing down petty officer _______ for raping a chick or dealing drugs out of the barracks? Well I guess they cover the Marine Corps as well but even then with both branches combined there isn't that many people?

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/07/ncis-episode-navy-spice/

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Cerekk posted:

JAG was hugely popular and spun off one of the most successful dramas of all time. You can't really blame TV execs for biting on a Navy show.

Wasn't the main character a lawyer-SEAL-F-18 pilot?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

buttplug posted:

Wasn't the main character a lawyer-SEAL-F-18 pilot?

He was a lawyer-SEAL-F-14 pilot.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I wonder if you still have to shine your boots after the apocalypse.

Sir Lucius fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 21, 2014

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sir Lucius posted:

I wonder if you still have to shine your boots after to apocalypse.

What do you think, shipmate? :chiefsay:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Honestly, I think if the system broke down and it was pretty much just a single ship then there would probably be mutiny, followed by hangings at mast.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

Honestly, I think if the system broke down and it was pretty much just a single ship then there would probably be mutiny, followed by hangings at mast.

Keelhaul all Chiefs.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

I worked out the math while doing counter piracy ops. If we took an entire LHD to pirate ships, the entire crew could be paid by the ransom money a normal pirate group received.

They would just have to pirate like 2-3 ships per month to cover fuel and parts. Not sure what they would do about the gaping torpedo hole they would mysteriously receive one night though.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Posting. Hello everyone. I worked while the forums were down.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I pretended to work while the forums were down.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

DustyNuts posted:

Posting. Hello everyone. I worked while the forums were down.

You hosed up

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Now that our forum is back, let's talk about the medical board process.

it is a relevant topic for me. :smith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

just wanna say lean six sigma is the worst loving thing i have ever seen

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

orange juche posted:

what about that stupid decision making process the navy had

gently caress what was it called

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

genderstomper58 posted:

what about that stupid decision making process the navy had

gently caress what was it called

Business as usual?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

The navy really drank the koolaid with this program.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I wasn't sure what to do without my gip support group so I just drank. Think I did the right thing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

I wasn't sure what to do without my gip support group so I just drank. Think I did the right thing

tbh you'd be drinking with the gip support group too.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

is LEAN why you have no punctuation?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

is LEAN why you have no punctuation?

optimizing my keystrokes and minimizing waste shipmate

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

optimizing my keystrokes and minimizing waste shipmate

bz

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
BRAVO ZULU SHITMATE ON YOUR SUPERIOR USE OF INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES TO FURTHER ADVANCE YOURSELF IN THE SPIRIT OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY

• Locked thread