Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
We got a new chapter of both Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai and Kimi Ni Todoke today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And they were both good!

Especially the story of a woman and her insatiable love of meat.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Let's sleep together again, meat" :haw:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I love how all of Shuunin's delinquent mates are great people. I'm glad it was a bumper chapter this time, too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hello, Otomen just finished. Its good. read it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter of Last Game.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What the gently caress? When did this happen?

You can buy Volume 1 of Sweet Blue Flowers/Aoi Hana digitally for kindle and/or the kindle app on amazon. :aaa: Is there more coming, has anyone heard anything else about this?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAU8WC4?ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&qid=1403467170&sr=1-1&keywords=sweet%20blue%20flowers&pldnSite=1

Bonus sketches by Shimura:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 23, 2014

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

Allarion posted:

New chapter of Last Game.
Finally some progress. I'm sure they'll manage to ignore this for the next 10 chapters though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Latest chapter of Horimiya is pretty :3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Latest chapter of Horimiya is pretty :3:

Wow, and it only took 37 chapters. What sorta Shoujo pacing is this?!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Terper posted:

It's technically a Shonen, but distinctions between shonen and shoujo are arbitrary for certain series anyways. Pretty nice to have a series that's just a normal relationship though.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Terper posted:

I'm having a difficult time figuring out whether you think that is short or long.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

buzmeg posted:

I'm having a difficult time figuring out whether you think that is short or long.

Short, when you consider stuff like Kimi ni Todoke. :v:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Good news everybody! Moto Hagio's sci fi classic Marginal is finally being translated again. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/marginal-r1531
Good poo poo.

There's also a new chapter of Yasha by the always excellent Yoshida Akimi http://www.batoto.net/read/_/253249/yasha_v4_ch20_by_megchan%e2%80%99s-scanlations

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Terper posted:

I'd say most shoujo doesn't even have sex between the leads, especially if it's a high school setting. Unless it's sex focused.

For school setting stuff, there's Say I Love You. Can't think of many others.

Obviously it's different once you get into adult characters

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kare Kano is one other that comes to mind.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

coathat posted:

Good news everybody! Moto Hagio's sci fi classic Marginal is finally being translated again. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/marginal-r1531
Good poo poo.

There's also a new chapter of Yasha by the always excellent Yoshida Akimi http://www.batoto.net/read/_/253249/yasha_v4_ch20_by_megchan%e2%80%99s-scanlations

Awesome! I read A Drunken Dream and Heart of Thomas and have been itching for more Moto Hagio.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Terper posted:

Yeah, my thought was "Wow, the main characters actually did something, and we're only 37 chapters in. Is this really shoujo?"

If the original poster thought this was slow, he really is in for a bad time reading any more this kind of stuff.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I'm mostly reading Horimiya and Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai at the moment (I would also be reading Sekitou Elergy but it feels like that one's never getting a newly released translated chapter again so I can't really count it). Horimiya is moving at lightspeed in comparison; it's weird and yet really great.

If your only point of reference is, say, Bonnouji then I can see it maybe feeling a bit slow. That's not really a great example for pacing, though, because that was finished up way faster than the average one appears to have its leads even consider start dating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That escalated quickly. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I apologize if this has already been posted -- I admit I'm not a regular watcher of this thread -- but there's a really neat and heartwarming/cute romance manga out: Between Smooth and Rough. The translation is really excellent and professional, too, I hope the group stays with it!

Third chapter!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Very cute again. I like the slightly sketchy art for the characters and the loving realism for the amphibians and reptiles. I also like that the romance is progressing quickly, although it all seems a bit insubstantial.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Just discovered Horimiya. It's so refreshing and easy without the same old same old looooong frustrating will they/won't they tropes. I'm constantly losing my mind trying to find good romance manga. I feel like I've read them all or I'm caught up with all the good ones happening right now. :( also just discovered Hana yori dango. How did I miss this??? I spent last week watching the anime, reading the manga, and watching the drama. I hate that I rush thru things I enjoy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did you read Sekitou Elergy yet? It's only a quarter scanlated, but at least the latest chapters end without a cliffhanger so there's no frothing anticipation for new chapters(though I wish someone would pick it up again).

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

Captain Invictus posted:

Did you read Sekitou Elergy yet? It's only a quarter scanlated, but at least the latest chapters end without a cliffhanger so there's no frothing anticipation for new chapters(though I wish someone would pick it up again).

I'm scared of the ones that are long since done but not scanned yet. Those are so loving frustrating ><

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's seriously okay to read the currently scanlated Sekitou Elergy stuff and be done with that. I'm seriously when I say the currently scanlated stuff wraps up fairly nicely by the end of it, even if there's still 15 volumes untranslated.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Meanwhile it's time for a celebration in Taiyou no Ie!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was really confused for a couple of seconds considering what happened last chapter, then I noticed it's just a bonus chapter. Oh well, it's pretty cute and funny, and I can't imagine we'll have a lot of that in what's to come, so it's welcome.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Candy Dawn posted:

I'm scared of the ones that are long since done but not scanned yet. Those are so loving frustrating ><
Yeah, it is frustrating. I'd still read it though, since where the translation ends is actually a better ending than most real manga endings.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, poor Daiki. Nice Gendo Pose-like take on :ughh:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I love Chihayafuru, but I hate how the scans suddenly skip a bunch of chapters. :mad: I'm fruitlessly looking for updates on Chapters 48-89. Does anyone know who is scanning them?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Violet_Sky posted:

I love Chihayafuru, but I hate how the scans suddenly skip a bunch of chapters. :mad: I'm fruitlessly looking for updates on Chapters 48-89. Does anyone know who is scanning them?

I think they're slowly getting to them but they were skipped to get to where the anime left off.

They're working their way back because 88 and 87 went up in the past few months.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Mind you, from what I've heard, the anime is a very good and faithful adaptation, so there's that--they probably figured it's good enough to just skip ahead to where it leaves off. Anyway I watched it to fill in the gap and enjoyed it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The chihayafuru anime owns. watch it!!!

I'm reading My Little Monster now and I liked the anime much better, once you get over the initial episode its really good and I really don't like the panel layouts and writing style (though this may just be the fault of the translators) in the manga.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I didn't notice any problems with the translation on the two volumes that have been released so far.

Also volume one of My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!! In Japanese) is finally in stores. If you haven bought it yet you better get it soon.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

coathat posted:

Also volume one of My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!! In Japanese) is finally in stores. If you haven bought it yet you better get it soon.

Good to know. I've been waiting for it to come out but wasn't sure when it was actually going to be on sale.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

coathat posted:

Thanks, I wasn't even aware that this was licensed. Picked it up yesterday.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Davincie posted:

The chihayafuru anime owns. watch it!!!
Not emptyquoting, just saying it's one of the best anime like, ever, and if you haven't watched it then you are dumb.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It did not grab me by episode 9, so maybe it's not actually for everyone and people hype it up way too much!(!!!!)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I liked Chihayafuru once they moved into high school. Though I still need to finish it.