Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

That wasn't the crazy guy's only thread, he went nuts in here too. In some thread he told us some of the jokes he'd written, but i can't remember where it was.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

It was probably the only time I've read GBS in years and it was worth every bit

Yeah, someone posted his write-up of one comic on page 3. A poster took a stab at illustrating it.

:nws:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post426803665:nws:

edit:

Jesus, I'm on page 10, it's incredible.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Febreeze posted:

It was probably the only time I've read GBS in years and it was worth every bit

The brief glory period of GBS 2.0 was pretty cool if only for the Miles O'Brien thread, but all good things must come to an end.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

:confused:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Probably Magic posted:

The brief glory period of GBS 2.0 was pretty cool if only for the Miles O'Brien thread, but all good things must come to an end.
GBS 2.0 peaked at the Insult Abe once a day for a month thread.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Well, in a relative sense. Good for GBS, I guess...very relative....

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Jesus Christ, I'm making my way through that E/N thread that started it all, and the OP's not trolling or autistic, it's performance art, and spectacularly beautiful at that

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I almost died when the three Goku pants moon drawing appeared.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

GBS 2.0 peaked at the Insult Abe once a day for a month thread.

Don't forget the glory that was "Photoshop 9/11 into Star Wars".

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm making my way through that E/N thread that started it all, and the OP's not trolling or autistic, it's performance art, and spectacularly beautiful at that

He's off probation in 4 days. I hope he doesn't try this again, the sequel is never as good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
old AFL poo poo owns

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I feel like that dude is violating SOME copyright but gently caress if i can remember

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Don't forget the glory that was "Photoshop 9/11 into Star Wars".
poo poo yeah that was good too. Let's just say it peaked a month after the change.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Alouicious posted:

I feel like that dude is violating SOME copyright but gently caress if i can remember

Using Elmer Fudd's likeness

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alouicious posted:

Looks a little elf on the shelf

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Looks like Big Boy to me

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Fair weather fan

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/football-fans-the-fair-weather-fan/

Also Blindsite with a cameo again

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Fairweather Fan and the Bandwagon Fan are similar in a general sense, but there are some important differences. The Bandwagon Fan is often generally more invested in the sport, and solely focused on getting as much enjoyment out of it as they can on a year to year basis over establishing loyalty to a single team. The Fairweather Team, meanwhile, is often more of a casual fan who is willing to more or less ignore the sport for entire seasons if their hometown team is down. But when they're up again, bam, they're back on the local bandwagon and act like they've always been the *biggest* fan, remember that one time that one thing happen well yeah I was *there* man

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JT Jag posted:

The Fairweather Fan and the Bandwagon Fan are similar in a general sense, but there are some important differences. The Bandwagon Fan is often generally more invested in the sport, and solely focused on getting as much enjoyment out of it as they can on a year to year basis over establishing loyalty to a single team. The Fairweather Team, meanwhile, is often more of a casual fan who is willing to more or less ignore the sport for entire seasons if their hometown team is down. But when they're up again, bam, they're back on the local bandwagon and act like they've always been the *biggest* fan, remember that one time that one thing happen well yeah I was *there* man

Yeah that was pretty much my reasoning. Well said.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

JT Jag posted:

I've become this way with the Mariners and it kinda sucks :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All the fair weather Raider fans are wearing gold and red these days.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Green and gold too. gently caress them forever

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

I mean, to be fair, you could probably throw a pass from the coliseum to candlestick.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Seahawks fairweather fans in the Bay Area annoys me. I keep thinking "oh a Warriors fan/Cal alum" when I find a blue shirt in public then I see a streak of bright green or silver. :doh:

We're chugging through the AFC. Reading about the AFL/AFC history is way more interesting than the pre-merger NFL/NFC.

Throwback - New York Jets (né Titans)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Febreeze, it looks like you're getting some cool projects from dudes on Twitter :hfive:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Yeah I got lucky yesterday when Matt Miller of B/R was asking for a cartoonist and several followers mentioned me so I reached out to him and whipped something up and he loved it. Now half the bleacher report NFL staff is asking me for pictures. I also got a request from Tony Jefferson, which makes two NFL players following me and using my work for avatars.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 30, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Febreeze posted:

Yeah I got lucky yesterday when Matt Miller of B/R was asking for a cartoonist and several followers mentioned me so I reached out to him and whipped something up and he loved it. Now half the bleacher report NFL staff is asking me for pictures. I also got a request from Tony Jefferson, which makes two NFL players following me and using my work for avatars.

Aw man, I cant wait when we can all say "Man, I used to know that guy. He was a cool guy. Before all the hookers and drugs, that is."

Is there a fan category for 'The Suck'? Like, the silent screaming insanity that comes from following teams year after year that seem to be in ten year slumps? Not just Browns fans. The kind of desperation where getting first downs is amazing and a win is a sign of god's love.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I need to commission portraits of the entire Portland Timbers team to drive Febreeze insane.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Suspect Bucket posted:

Is there a fan category for 'The Suck'? Like, the silent screaming insanity that comes from following teams year after year that seem to be in ten year slumps? Not just Browns fans. The kind of desperation where getting first downs is amazing and a win is a sign of god's love.

There's a possibly apocryphal story that the thing where the stadium announcer says something like 'and that's good for a [team]' and all the fans go 'FIRST DOWN' originated with Kansas State before Bill Snyder got there. Because first downs were the only thing they could hope to cheer for you see.

I can sort of believe it, check this out before 1989.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Grittybeard posted:

There's a possibly apocryphal story that the thing where the stadium announcer says something like 'and that's good for a [team]' and all the fans go 'FIRST DOWN' originated with Kansas State before Bill Snyder got there.

Move those chains! Move those chains! Move those chains! MOVE.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Febreeze posted:

The Fair weather fan

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/football-fans-the-fair-weather-fan/

Also Blindsite with a cameo again

Wooo. I've been using the last one as a display picture on facebook. It confuses people.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Febreeze posted:

An NFL player reached out to you and requested you make an art of them? That rules!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
New avatar time folks, MEGADOG or other?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Detroit_Dogg posted:

New avatar time folks, MEGADOG or other?

Megadog is funny but not av worthy, in my opinion.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
free chiche

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Yeah, idk. It loses a lot of it's luster.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mods namechange him to Mega_Dogg

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
:effort:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Someone add a second G and put Megadogs head on that dogs head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I recently learned that the size limit is not strictly true. Talk to a mod, they can upload it to the servers and accommodate oversized images. I'm not sure what the real limit is, but this should be small enough.

• Locked thread