Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Maha Yodha is in its last 18 hours. I think it looks beautiful, the price is very reasonable ($35 with free shipping in the US for the game plus expansion), and it's cool to support a game that utilizes lore and artwork from India.

There are a couple of nice add-ons that I was tempted by, particularly the limited edition box, but I decided I couldn't quite justify $50 for a nice box.

There is a single stretch goal that got hit, that adds kick starter-exlusive content (six scrolls) to the expansion pack. Which is kind of bleh, I'd rather not see exclusive content, but it's a pretty minor thing compared to the scope of the rest of the game.

There is a print-and-play version you can download immediately, and the rules are also available for download, so you can check that out if you want to see what the gameplay is like before buying.

Neat. I like projects that dip into lesser-seen mythologies in the West. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
If you missed it the first time, you can now Kickstart the reprint of the Little Urban Achievers line of Big Lebowski-inspired minis for your tabletop gaming needs!

I did these the first time and they're really loving rad. Walter is my Shadowrun decker's avatar.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Peas and Rice posted:

If you missed it the first time, you can now Kickstart the reprint of the Little Urban Achievers line of Big Lebowski-inspired minis for your tabletop gaming needs!

I did these the first time and they're really loving rad. Walter is my Shadowrun decker's avatar.

I painted the whole line and I agree, the Walter figure is awesome. I think the Zombicide guys even wrote up fan rules for him as a character, as well.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Iris of Ether posted:

I painted the whole line and I agree, the Walter figure is awesome. I think the Zombicide guys even wrote up fan rules for him as a character, as well.

Nice! Walter's the only one I've finished, and I'm halfway through the Dude and the Cowboy. Any chance you could put up pics of yours?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Peas and Rice posted:

Nice! Walter's the only one I've finished, and I'm halfway through the Dude and the Cowboy. Any chance you could put up pics of yours?

Heh, sure. The only caveats I have are that this is before getting a shitload of practice during Oath Season 4 and before discovering Citadel Shades (i.e. 'Skill in a Bottle'). :v:

My adult entertainment producer figure picture seems to have floated off into the ether somewhere, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Speaking as a fan of co-op games, I also felt pretty meh about it on first glance. But I was bored and watched the review of a prototype being played, and it actually looked pretty good. I printed out the Print & Play components this evening, and was able to get a game in. It does feel pretty solid for what it is... Kind of a perfectly distilled to the basics co-op experience that reminded me a lot of Pandemic.

Given that it plays so quickly and everything is available for free, I recommend co-op fans trying it out.

There's a little groggy part of me that wants to be all 'eh why are they doing another KS I don't have my TEK game yet eeeeeeh!' but these guys seem to know their poo poo and I too hosed around with the pnp version with my friends and we had a great time, so I'm in for this too.

Also this game can cause some Pandemic level arguments for sure, the phrase 'goddamnit hurt yourself and come help me out' got tossed around a decent bit by the end of the game. I love the slow burn that comes from constantly adding more monsters to the horde, it really captures the 'heroes with their backs against the wall' feeling. It's kinda amazing that a tiny meeple game got the whole Helms Deep feeling that a lot of way bigger games failed at.

edit: It helps that the prices are very reasonable, 25 bucks for the game+the KS bonus+the inevitable pile of stretch goals that'll flood this like TEK is a very fair price.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 21, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Crosspostin'

I'm pretty happy with the quality of this insert, thanks kickstarter

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How long have you had it? Waiting on mine over here.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Fix posted:

How long have you had it? Waiting on mine over here.

Got it today, it took me a good 5-10 minutes to figure out and set up. I actually just put in an order for a bigger box that can hold both Devastation and War + Promos in select screen boxes, hopefully it all fits the way I expect. Truth be told the insert doesn't actually fit everything that came in the box.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

100 Dungeons Deluxe print coupon codes just went out. Yay for being almost done.
Non-backers can also buy it in print now too: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/129216/100-Dungeons-Deluxe

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Note that if you use that coupon now, it won't include the bonus content (like it says in the update, I just wanted to emphasize that point.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Soooo...we should wait, then?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I think so.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

If you want it all in one book, you should wait. Or buy both at cost and give one to a friend or something. Even if you use the one that just went out, when the 100 Dungeons NG+ is out, you'll get another coupon.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Aaaand we're back. Kickstarter stuff happened, some of it relevant to this thread!

Dungeon Lords Anniversary Edition seems like a great value if you don't already own DL (usually ~$70 on CSI), kinda a lovely value if you already do. I hear they're thinking about doing a gameplay-relevant pledge level, which would be great.

BattleCON: War Revisited is wrapping up in 3 days. Almost always a great value. Get on it!

Edit: Not a game, but Stonemaier Games has a Chest of Tokens. As cool as they are, I don't think I have any game that could actually use them.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 26, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I went down to the $20 level on BattleCON, if I buy the boxed game when it comes out do I basically get everything at the $70 level?

This is way confusing. What's exclusive? All of it? None of it? The promo packs? The stretch goals?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

moths posted:

I went down to the $20 level on BattleCON, if I buy the boxed game when it comes out do I basically get everything at the $70 level?

This is way confusing. What's exclusive? All of it? None of it? The promo packs? The stretch goals?

They don't do exclusives (this is a good thing), but things tend to be cheaper on Level99 Kickstarters than they would be in retail (or even online retail), plus the promos which you may or may not care about. For reference, Devastation is $75 on CSI (according to its out of stock price), and that doesn't include its Extended edition, which is $15 more. Devastation+Extended was $50 on Kickstarter, but they've said that that was severely discounted. I still expect retail War to probably cost $15-25 more than the $70 level, though. And of course no promos, which probably aren't anything to write home about, but they're nice extras. Because, y'know, Bruce loving Lee.

Edit: You also get a free copy of Noir, which is a fun 2 player deductive game. Nothing to rave about, but it's a fun little diversion of a game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just hopped onto a deductive card game called Antidote. Premise is that you're researchers in a lab exposed to a toxin and you're trying to figure out the antidote out of a set by trading for info with other players and deducing which cards are the antidote. Plus, for 16 bucks including shipping, it's kind of hard to go wrong with.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Somehow quoted the wrong thing and then doubleposted. :(

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Aaaand we're back. Kickstarter stuff happened, some of it relevant to this thread!

Dungeon Lords Anniversary Edition seems like a great value if you don't already own DL (usually ~$70 on CSI), kinda a lovely value if you already do. I hear they're thinking about doing a gameplay-relevant pledge level, which would be great.

They have pledge levels for just the new stuff from the KS or the expansion + the new stuff. The expansion is $40 on Amazon so $55 for that plus a couple of miniexpansion things and some stretch goals seems reasonable.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Coupons for the PDF of The Lost City of Barakus were sent out to backers today. It's my first Frog God Games product, and I have to say, it seems to have turned out pretty well. I'm looking forward to getting the physical book plus the add-ons I ordered (maps and a copy of Stoneheart Valley, which I'd had my eye on). Another to add to my somewhat impressive pile of megadungeons; someday I'll have to run one.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
So, you guys remember the Ice Age Mammals Kickstarter? Someone made a thread about it on the Reaper forums, and there was some discussion about how well it was likely to go. The project creator hopped onto the boards and posted very little to actually allay those concerns. It got rather heated, and the mods eventually closed down the discussion and warned everyone involved.

Apparently the creator took it as a deliberate slight against them by Reaper management, with posts like the following:

quote:

Hi Sable Fox
You are totally and complety wrong
I know you are a from the CReaper Mini Forum. The same forum that posted from both Owner/brothers Misogynist posts because they are worried about their late delivery on the millions they raised and the fact they sell lead figures, neither of which is ethical or worthy of a KS Campaign.
So: you have trouble with the most simple of stretch goals now?
Nothing was ever "converted"
Every goal is as it always has been.
Did they teach you to lie about their delays? (Please read our FAQs)
Please withdrawl your pledge if your purpose is to confound and confuse. We are a serious company with the ability to achieve what your other forum memberrs can not.
You must not be able to read the simple rules: everyone (because everyone who loves extinct mammals and birds) is a pledger gets the free stretch goals + the the terror birds.
I think you should disclose idf you are being paid to be stupid by the Creaper Mini people? We have already had the anti-woman posts submitted to the AG. Are you here to kick women for Bones? This is getting stupid at this point..We get it: Bones don't want womenfolk in the miniworld. Nice.
This is a very simple KS.
We are sculpting 8 minis. We are giving away Terror Birds, as we go along. No one else is doing this because everyone else is very , very cheap, and has no fulltime sculptors, AND your friends are using lead/ poison for thier minis. And, no other mini K, with an excuse, has the spin casting team to pull it off.
Do the math. This KS makes no money. We provide something decent to a very small community. then we move on to bigger projects. Flames, in the name of the Creaper, are in no way going to stop us from providing very simple goals: high quality minis of extinct animals.
Why are you so afraid? did the Pukes get to you with their hate posts?
We have 40 years more exprience then they do. Hang out wiht somone how wants to cast another skull necklace. Your post has actually gotten to the point wher you are a troll. As said in Idny 3: choose wisely.

This is a rather... jaundiced view of events, to say the least.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The backer only updates on this one are going to be absolutely fantastic. I hope my 1 dollar pledge gets me some talking sun action.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Less talking sun action, but there's a KS up for the Wolsung expansion that looks pretty cool, albeit on the pricey side.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

JackMann posted:

So, you guys remember the Ice Age Mammals Kickstarter? Someone made a thread about it on the Reaper forums, and there was some discussion about how well it was likely to go. The project creator hopped onto the boards and posted very little to actually allay those concerns. It got rather heated, and the mods eventually closed down the discussion and warned everyone involved.

Apparently the creator took it as a deliberate slight against them by Reaper management, with posts like the following:

This is a rather... jaundiced view of events, to say the least.

:stare:

I was wondering where all this supposed anti-woman and lead poison referencing was taking place. (There were sourceless mentions of it in the rare email update.) Jesus Christ.

It's like...if they are legitimately getting misogynistic posts directed towards them, that's unfortunate and needs to stop. But the concerns about production, clarity of the Kickstarter, and amount of experience are valid. The only things I could find on their Doggerland line were a cancelled Kickstarter, an Indie Gogo graphic novel, and a future product line plan. Whereas Reaper...well, I was poring over one of their print catalogs back in '99.

I guess I didn't put anything into my pledge that I wasn't willing to lose. :downs:

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 26, 2014

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I saw the Reaper stuff before it was deleted. There was no real misogyny there. The forum users on their kickstarter sub forum were asking a bunch of questions amongst themselves that were fairly reasonable. "What scale is it actually going to be in?" "What's the material they list metal and resin?" They also expressed doubt that it was going to go well, noting similarities to the CSM kickstarters. Eventually the project lead made an account and started answering a few questions, but responded to most of them by calling the questioner a "troll". This all ended in a mess of arguing that got the moderators to purge and lock the thread. The project lead assumed this was so sort of plot by Reaper to keep them down.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Are you rad enough dude to pledge on these 80s recasts?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/941525798/rafm-fantasy-miniatures-universal-soldier-game-and

Just look at them!

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho
*fanfare* Our second kickstarter, Beasts of Burden, is live!

Nikki, the goon/artist who did the illustrations for Three Days Until Retirement, is collaborating with me on a card game about managing encumbrance!

Here's the back of the cards:

After Three Days, I wanted to put together an extremely competitive card game. Beasts of Burden is a 30 minute game for 2-6 players where you have to constantly juggle weapons and treasures as you explore an absurdist dungeon full of things like party orcs and angry, sentient furniture. There's also curses and traps a plenty for making other players extremely angry with you.

Here's some more art:

Incredibly Vain Goblin

Evil, animated archery target

$20 gets you the card game shipped to your door, an extra $5 gets you a sweet fanclub pack full of physical goodies, just like Three Days Until Retirement.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

is collaborating with me on a card game about managing encumbrance!

I read the page, but I'm not clear on how the game would function in practice. Would it be fair to describe it as Munchkin-esque? (Edit: Not in specifics, but general "screw-you you're winning" sort of interactions).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Beautiful Flower posted:

Nikki, the goon/artist who did the illustrations for Three Days Until Retirement, is collaborating with me on a card game about managing encumbrance!

After Three Days, I wanted to put together an extremely competitive card game. Beasts of Burden is a 30 minute game for 2-6 players where you have to constantly juggle weapons and treasures as you explore an absurdist dungeon full of things like party orcs and angry, sentient furniture. There's also curses and traps a plenty for making other players extremely angry with you.

Here's some more art:

Incredibly Vain Goblin

$20 gets you the card game shipped to your door, an extra $5 gets you a sweet fanclub pack full of physical goodies, just like Three Days Until Retirement.

Gonna need a game play video for this one before you get my :20bux:

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho

jmzero posted:

I read the page, but I'm not clear on how the game would function in practice. Would it be fair to describe it as Munchkin-esque? (Edit: Not in specifics, but general "screw-you you're winning" sort of interactions).

It's a little like Munchkin in that players can steal items from each other, curse each other and place traps in front of each other. Winning is done via accumulating points, which is done by stockpiling tools and treasure (which have individual weights), killing monsters, solving puzzles, avoiding traps and completing quests. Players have a weight limit of 10, and the monsters, traps, puzzles and quests all have inventory requirements, ranging from the generic (i.e. 5 points of weapons) to the specific (i.e. must have "rare books" and "ornate chess set").

The game ends the round after a player completes one of the four quest cards, which allows for plenty of backstabbing.

Re: Indolent--I'm working on a gameplay video this afternoon, I hope to get it finished this evening or tomorrow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Beautiful Flower posted:

Here's some more art:

Incredibly Vain Goblin

Already pledged because I am a special cool dude.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
why you should be careful on kickstarter

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I am not sure what this article is saying besides the standard "buyer beware." Like it doesn't actually go to any depth to talk about anything. Take this, for example:

quote:

Adding more disincentive for backing Kickstarter campaigns is this: if the game kicks and enough people like it, it will likely find a place at your local brick and mortar game store. Your store may back the campaign, the title may find a traditional publisher, or the game’s creators may ramp up production themselves.

There is no actual point being made here. It doesn't even make the super easy connection of saying "You may pay less if you buy it from CSI [examples here]", it just says "You can buy it from a B&M store, therefore bad."

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, it's kinda a lovely article. The charts are borderline pointless, and the text can probably be summed up somewhere between the old rule of "90% of everything is crap" and a general warning that sometimes Kickstarters go south.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Well, they're saying that the risk of kickstarting something untested can be avoided by waiting for it to hit retail, because "only good games hit retail". It's obvious and/or specious, but hey I guess it's a point. They're really just reacting to the reality of kickstarter, which is that people are dumb and make poor choices. I think there's a benefit to reminding people to chill and balance desire with common sense. :shrug:

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
The average rating chart is especially bad. There were so few games released in 2009 and 2010 compared to all the other years that the error is likely huge, nullifying the entire hypothesis that Kickstarter was good for a couple years and then went to poo poo. Also, apparently Kickstarter ratings being 0.2/10 lower on average than non-Kickstarter = BE CAREFUL.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Caedar posted:

Also, apparently Kickstarter ratings being 0.2/10 lower on average than non-Kickstarter = BE CAREFUL.

Excellent dirty lying chart there. Hiding over 95% of the chart to make your bad point look good is REALLY awesome.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hey, I guess this is kind of late now as he's already in the last 10 hours, but my friend has a nifty quickish drafting game on kickstarter called Shadow Throne.
He's already funded and looks to be headed for his first stretch goal, but I thought some goons might be interested in checking out the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I know Savage Worlds is basically no one's favorite system but every Pinnacle Kickstarter's I've participated in has been pretty well done when it comes to setting expectations and delivering on stuff. Hell, the recent one actually overestimated delivery time and had the PDF out this week instead of the original prediction of sometime in July. If they manage the same trick with the physical books I'll probably back the next one if it's something I'm at all into.

• Locked thread