Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

:allears:

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kennel posted:

This wasn't posted here, right?

Because :psyduck:

I figured she cleaned up the glass, because she cleans compulsively, but I'm not seeing how that contradicts her story...

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Tiggum posted:

I figured she cleaned up the glass, because she cleans compulsively, but I'm not seeing how that contradicts her story...
Her story goes
1. open door, See the burglar
then immediately
2. lock door, leaving her in a different room.
3. call police.

if no one entered the room after that, how could she have cleaned up the glass?
sorry but I think this one actually works.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Howard Beale posted:

drat, that's a fine Christopher Guest.

Isn't it though?

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

e - fixed! I'm not fully awake yet I think. I start my vacation today at 3:30PM EST anyways so :v:.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 28, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Manuel Calavera posted:

Isn't it though?

[comics]

Something went wrong, because these are the exact same images you shared yesterday.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

Isn't it though?
Did you intentionally repost all the same comincs from before as some sort of weird meta-joke I'm missing?
E: Beaten.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 28, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Hel posted:

Her story goes
then immediately
3. call police.

4. unlock door
5. compulsively clean glass
6. wait for police to arrive
7. get framed for theft

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That child is transforming into Nathan Explosion.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I have never before actively been rooting for Romeo and Juliet to just die already.

Same here. I quit reading it months ago because I was annoyed at how stupid it was, but I check in from time to time to see if they're either about to die, or dead, so we can move on to his next sordid storyline.

Their faces in the last panels of both of these are just priceless. :v:

Non Sequitur

:ughh:

Double Heavenly Nostrils today...

Ew.

9 Chickweed Lane 6/28/2003

Whatever.

Zits

You're letting your stupid show, Jeremy.

Kevin & Kell

BWAHAHAHAHAHA OH HOLBROOK YOU CRACK ME UP WITH YOUR species has characteristic!

God, sorry...

:v:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Julet Esqu posted:

Thank you, Quill, you are the only voice of reason in this dumb thing.
On the other hand, he's dating Luann.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy gives us...America. :patriot: (April 9, 1927)

Choose your own tagline:

"I'm an Evangelical, and you're all doing it wrong."

OR...

"I'm a Baha'i, and you don't even know what that is."

ORRRRR...

"I'm a Muslim and..." "JUDAS PRIEST, HE'S REACHING FOR SOMETHING! SOMEBODY TACKLE HIM!"

Peanuts (July 1, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Chateau Marmont! Dorothy Parker! F. Scott Fitzgerald! Tim Burton! Hunter S. Thompson! Some sad-sack schmuck who's trying to grind out a low-grade basic cable movie!

Kind of kills the romance of the whole thing, doesn't it. Maybe if we threw in the Belushi overdose?

Popeye

Rip Haywire knows the temperature of the room.

And now, because the long trudge back to normal must continue, here's Out Our Way (March 9-10, 1925)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 28, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

:effort: Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

I loaded this into photoshop and added the extra Rs to the speech bubble, but I'm getting kind of burnt out on the penis-shaped hole edits, so I didn't save it.

Ballard Street

If I had a real Ballard Dog, I don't think I'd ever stop hugging it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
So what's the deal with Sally Brown warping to roughly the same age as all the other Peanuts characters?

Bloom County

Economic woes in the 1980s? Why, I never!

Not a single drat :boat: smily.

Calvin And Hobbes

dat pounce-crouch

Today's DOGG guested by Rose Is Rose.

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What on earth is going on in Apartment 3G?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Haha, holy gently caress.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Hel posted:

Her story goes
then immediately
3. call police.

She never actually said she didn't go back in the room afterwards though. She merely says she locked the door and called the police, and then Inspector Danger himself says "And nobody has been in the room since." Even if she did go back in the room to clean up the glass it still doesn't mean she's the crook, the comic itself states she's a compulsive cleaner.

Yeah sorry this Inspector Danger is even worse than usual.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Two women are probably talking angrily at each other while smiling (I honestly don't remember, something about Tommie having a thing for Jack and the other woman saying not to bother pursuing it?).

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Why would you take your small child to see a Darren Aronofsky film?

Darthemed posted:

This is like toxic waste. We should bury Gilchrist in Yucca Mountain, who's with me?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Mr. Squishy posted:

We don't know because the story has been at some upstate vet's office for the past month or so.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Mr. Squishy posted:

Well, as far as I can tell:

Tommie is a nurse. She recently had a fiancee that I don't think was every shown in the strip, but he died in a plane crash. She then found a fawn, raised her in her apartment, walked away from her nursing shifts and is now living on an upstate veterinarian's farm. His girlfriend is jealous. He just up and left. Oh, and some time ago, Tommie was writing songs and had a budding recording career that she decided she didn't want to work hard enough to succeed at. She used to have curly hair, but that went away with no explanation.

Lou Anne is a teacher, but she doesn't ever seem to go teach. She is a widow whose husband was killed in Vietnam (recently retconned to Afghanistan or Iraq, I can't remember which).She has a habit of getting serially engaged to controlling creepy guys who all look alike. Her hair hasn't changed since the 1960's.

Margo has lots of careers, sometimes all at once. She currently has an art gallery or something. For a while, she managed performers or politicians or something like that. Before that she worked in a big corporation but wasn't good enough to advance, so she left. She wears her hair in a bun, like so many young modern women in NYC.

All three share a flat with furnishings from the 1950's. Their clothes all came with the apartment, and all the clothes are Pepto-Bismol pink.

I am appalled that I remember this much. I need those brain cells for other things, dammit!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Okay, suspect one said she can't prove her story, so she's definitely not it.

I'm going to guess the real answer is that suspect 2's hair is done up, which means she wasn't actually in bed.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay, suspect one said she can't prove her story, so she's definitely not it.

I'm going to guess the real answer is that suspect 2's hair is done up, which means she wasn't actually in bed.

Ding ding ding. The exact phrasing was that no woman would go to bed with a string of pearls in her hair.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wanamingo posted:

Ding ding ding. The exact phrasing was that no woman would go to bed with a string of pearls in her hair.

You'd think her obvious hangover would explain that though.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Why would you take your small child to see a Darren Aronofsky film?

Because it's a bible story and bible stories are for families, duuuh.

(The most egregious kids-in-the-wrong-movie I have ever experienced was the family with a toddler and an infant watching the first part of Kill Bill. Loudly.)

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been thinking of him too ever since that Tijuana bible got posted.

Wimpy, from Popeye posted:

Until you can produce a hamburger I shall refrain from enjectin' my luscious dick.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That is one lovely Nancy.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Out Our Way, guest written by GBS 1.4.

Public Service Announcement

(click for big)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Same here. I quit reading it months ago because I was annoyed at how stupid it was, but I check in from time to time to see if they're either about to die, or dead, so we can move on to his next sordid storyline.

You know how recently people have been emphasizing that Shakespeare was writing a couple of not-very-bright teenagers and their romance is presented as kind of foolish and impulsive, and there's something to that, but you still empathize with them and see that the greater folly is the feud that's been allowed to continue for generations and that there is something redemptive in their sacrifice, etc. ?

Here I actively hate these characters. Romeo is completely useless and Juliet is so stupid that I think instead of stabbing herself she'll just accidentally fall on her dagger.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

But #4 is wearing heels! Who wears heels when they're at home just watching TV alone?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Darthemed posted:

For God's sake, Gilchrist, I'm trying to eat my lunch over here.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Believe me. I read the stupid thing every day and I'm still not sure. It's boring though, I'll tell you that.

That vet is grieving or bored or something, so he took his horse and rode off somewhere leaving that old lady who looks like Lu Ann melted to hold down the fort. She's not a vet, as far as we know, but that's no reason she can't do the job, right? Anyway, she's not actually the vet's girlfriend; she's just the best friend of the vet's late wife and he may or may not blame her for the death, I don't know. She throws herself at him, but he mostly seems interested in standing around.

For the last week Old Lu Ann has been attempting to explain to Tommie that the vet took a horse and rode away for a while and that she's in charge. Tommie's been reacting to this simple concept as if the old lady were talking to her in Martian (lots of, "Wait, what are you trying to say?"). They both hate each other so the conversation is full of passive aggression and, of course, lots of friendly smiles.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Maxwell Lord posted:

But #4 is wearing heels! Who wears heels when they're at home just watching TV alone?

Someone who likes feeling pretty.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm so sorry you don't know what it means to truly be alive.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thanks for the A3G gloss everyone.

Why can't her friends go to the prom with her? What sort of prom does one get invited to that all one's friends aren't immediately invited to too?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Why can't her friends go to the prom with her? What sort of prom does one get invited to that all one's friends aren't immediately invited to too?

The theme of the prom this year was "Class of 2014: Making This Punchline Work!"

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thanks for the A3G gloss everyone.

Maybe her date goes to a different school? It's her date's school's prom?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Those aren't her friends, that's the lesbian coven that has legal guardianship over her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Aardmania posted:

It's another one of Brooke's strips that is dripping with excitement.

You misspelled excrement.

• Locked thread