Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Killsion posted:

Next Tokyo pack on Thursday according to Joel.

Where is this posted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Le Saboteur posted:

Where is this posted?

[quote="Joel" post=""""]
My crystal ball says...Thursday.

Beyond that, the future is hard to predict.
[/quote]
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1769977&postcount=10

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Any hint at how much it is going to cost?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Any hint at how much it is going to cost?

My crystal ball says $10 for GMs. Because that's theoretically the most they can charge and not get any negative feedback. But that's expecting pubbies to stop fellating Funcoms dick.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Killsion posted:

Next Tokyo pack on Thursday according to Joel.

Already?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Morglon posted:

Already?

It's probably the i9 missions they gutted from the game before launch.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
At least it beats the grind for those sequins of sunrise.

Think they'll release kits for upgrading AEGIS beyond 1.4, or will that be issue 10?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Do you think I could get pubbies to watch me stream Polaris regular solo with my only offensive ability being Exquisite Corpse? Because I could become a super star!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Do you think I could get pubbies to watch me stream Polaris regular solo with my only offensive ability being Exquisite Corpse? Because I could become a super star!

I thought we talked about you posting while drunk. You need to drink more to wash away those lovely ideas.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

HughGRect posted:

I thought we talked about you posting while drunk. You need to drink more to wash away those lovely ideas.

Hey, I think it'd work if he did it for fifteen hours.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

No that was a sober posting. I would have to be drunk to do it though. Very, very drunk. Like drunker than shot-teens night drunk.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Fewd posted:

Leech healing question. I'm trying to make babby's first leech build and was looking at some thread on official site. It mentioned that 300ish hit is enough. Is it really? Just seems a bit on the low side, especially for hell dungeons. Is 300 hit + FP enough for HR leeching for example?

As far as I know, 650 hit is still the magic number. I haven't played much in a long time, though.

Maybe they mean 300 is do-able while you're gearing up? I dunno.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Maybe they mean 300 is do-able while you're gearing up? I dunno.

300-350 is the desirable amount for Scenarios, so that's where the number probably came from. Or it's a leech build for Transylvania?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ok, someone tell me I'm not crazy that the mechanic at the cops, the hippie, and the junk yard guy repairing the school bus don't use the same exact head model in Kingsmouth.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
June/July dev letter is out, phone won't copy and paste it though. Happy anniversary, have golems.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

HughGRect posted:

June/July dev letter is out, phone won't copy and paste it though. Happy anniversary, have golems.

And enjoy the new AEGIS golem in tokyo.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
To be fair in april I ended up making about 200 million pax on all the genizah bags I saved from last years event.

Not worth much now as I can't be bothered to log in...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Anyone find the irony how so many quest givers talk about a supposed 'secret world' exists when one does while literal demons are invading from hell? Whats up with the pastor telling basically anyone he totally knows about the Illuminati and is one, from learning about it from "secret internet forums". And when you get to Kingsmouth, everyone says that this is just a quite town with unsolved murders, witch trials history, haunted killer theme park, tradition of passing down monster knowledge through the league of monster slayers(seriously how are any of them shocked about monsters, there is a book in the tree house with pictures of everything), a school for magic, ancient magic rock formations to literally ward evil, an evil cult, and motel with a door to hell. You would figure zombies and Cthulhu wouldn't even make them bat an eye, oh well another drop in the barrel.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Another gamedev letter, another round of angry commentary from me.

quote:

You’ve been extremely patient with us and I hope that what we create still moves you, inspires you, teaches you and improves you – just as we are moved, inspired, taught and improved by our community every day.

Unless you have something negative to say. Then you can gently caress right off.

quote:

deliver experiences that you just cannot find anywhere else in the MMO genre.

Content delays, bugs and wave defense missions are pretty standard aren't they?

quote:

With all of that said, our anniversary event, the Guardians of Gaia returns – with new loot tables, a new golem in Tokyo and a week of insanity.

At least Fusang works this time right guys?

quote:

Sidestories: Love and Loathing. The pack contains a new clothing item: The Cracked Noh Mask as well as five new missions from characters across the playfield.

Here's part 1 of the things we had to gut from Tokyo so we could make money to keep the game afloat.

quote:

July means a slight break for the dev team

Ah, there we go. The customary "Hey we just launched content. Gonna go quiet for a few months." announcement. We'll see i10 by Christmas if we're lucky.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Ah, there we go. The customary "Hey we just launched content. Gonna go quiet for a few months." announcement. We'll see i10 by Christmas if we're lucky.

They need to release Issue 9 before they can release Issue 10, right now we are in Issue 8.33.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

They need to release Issue 9 before they can release Issue 10, right now we are in Issue 8.33.

Good point. Since they released a gutted thing to charge everyone three times. I wonder if the logic was "We promised grandmasters they won't pay over their stipend on a dlc. So let's release it in parts so we don't quite break that promise."

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!
Any organized goon presence left in the game? On what server? I got the game 75% off during the summer steam sale.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Mr.Drf posted:

Any organized goon presence left in the game? On what server? I got the game 75% off during the summer steam sale.

Organized presence is dead, still a couple stragglers in game and a ton of vets who lurk this thread for a chance to give advice and answer questions. Server choice only affects which of the two PvP groups your in, all servers are linked for PvE content.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still hang around in mumble when I'm at my desktop. But it isn't like the old days it's usually dead as hell.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I miss the mumble crew.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

I miss the mumble crew.

Morning mumble crew best crew.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

I have a question about blood magic. I thought that in the past you could spam your two point spender like bloodshot while bloodline was channeling the 5th charge. Then you would end up with four points of charge instead of three for some weird reason. This trick would let you use three bloodshots instead of two. Did this get patched out or am I misremembering?

I'm pretty sure I learned this trick from someone in this thread a long time ago, but I'm a poor pleb without the search function.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Wildebeest posted:

I have a question about blood magic. I thought that in the past you could spam your two point spender like bloodshot while bloodline was channeling the 5th charge. Then you would end up with four points of charge instead of three for some weird reason. This trick would let you use three bloodshots instead of two. Did this get patched out or am I misremembering?

I'm pretty sure I learned this trick from someone in this thread a long time ago, but I'm a poor pleb without the search function.

This was fixed

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

couldn't find any pubbies to run the the polaris dungeon with me today.
if anyone here wants to help me run it/destroy everything in it while I cluelessly follow you around,
I was planning on being online in SW tomorrow night around 8pm EST.
ingame name is "hudtc"

I'm not kidding about the clueless part.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tuluk posted:

couldn't find any pubbies to run the the polaris dungeon with me today.
if anyone here wants to help me run it/destroy everything in it while I cluelessly follow you around,
I was planning on being online in SW tomorrow night around 8pm EST.
ingame name is "hudtc"

I'm not kidding about the clueless part.

What difficulty? Most of us can solo regular polaris. Elite/NM we can get you through them but we'll actually need a group.

You could always join my (fictional) stream of Polaris normal where I try and kill everything using only Exquisite Corpse!

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Len posted:

What difficulty? Most of us can solo regular polaris. Elite/NM we can get you through them but we'll actually need a group.

You could always join my (fictional) stream of Polaris normal where I try and kill everything using only Exquisite Corpse!

normal difficulty. I'm a week old player, and most of my gear is QL3. soloing polaris with that setup is impossible.
Does it matter what server I"m on in regards to SA team-ups?....I went grim like the OP suggested.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tuluk posted:

normal difficulty. I'm a week old player, and most of my gear is QL3. soloing polaris with that setup is impossible.
Does it matter what server I"m on in regards to SA team-ups?....I went grim like the OP suggested.

I meant most of us can run through Polaris without the rest of a group and you can just eat the delicious xp and item drops. I'm about to sign in and gently caress around Tokyo if you're still online and want run through it.

Edit: EvilBillMurray in game.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

thanks!
give me 2 minutes to login for the polaris run.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i'm logged in.
joined #awful chat channel and am by polaris helicopter.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tuluk posted:

i'm logged in.
joined #awful chat channel and am by polaris helicopter.

And done. Thanks Raiser for the assist. I think it helped it go a little faster.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Len posted:

And done. Thanks Raiser for the assist. I think it helped it go a little faster.

thanks for the help.
I truly was/am a clueless bastard in this game.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
I am the biggest poo poo in this game apparently, as I appear to be the only person who cannot beat Gatekeeper with Ql10 blues and what WAS a solid DPS build up til now. My main problem is having to run around like a madman avoiding AoEs whuile killing him.

I'm told the Tank test gives you a DPS Ai buddy and the heal test spawns both a Tank buddy AND some DPS buddies (who mimic idiot dps for you to practice on)

My main beef is this: In what strange funcom world does a DPS solo fight bosses? If the Tank test is literally 'stay alive until the AI buddy kills him" and the heal test is "keep the AI alive while they kill him", why is the DPS test not "Kill him before your AI tank buddy dies", or "Stay above X DPS for X seconds"? Why this mad dance about a tiny platform dodging AoEs that take up half the platform's space while ALSO having to deal with a DPS gate that will instantly kill you if you drop below it?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

HapiMerchant posted:

I am the biggest poo poo in this game apparently, as I appear to be the only person who cannot beat Gatekeeper with Ql10 blues and what WAS a solid DPS build up til now. My main problem is having to run around like a madman avoiding AoEs whuile killing him.

I'm told the Tank test gives you a DPS Ai buddy and the heal test spawns both a Tank buddy AND some DPS buddies (who mimic idiot dps for you to practice on)

My main beef is this: In what strange funcom world does a DPS solo fight bosses? If the Tank test is literally 'stay alive until the AI buddy kills him" and the heal test is "keep the AI alive while they kill him", why is the DPS test not "Kill him before your AI tank buddy dies", or "Stay above X DPS for X seconds"? Why this mad dance about a tiny platform dodging AoEs that take up half the platform's space while ALSO having to deal with a DPS gate that will instantly kill you if you drop below it?

Not standing in poo poo is actually a big part of nearly every boss fight on NM. If you hate having to avoid things while doing deeps then you're going to hate every NM dungeon and be bitter and angry and hate everything and probably kill yourself. v:shobon:v

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
It sounds like it's just a matter of practice. Keep at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Fewd posted:

Not standing in poo poo is actually a big part of nearly every boss fight on NM. If you hate having to avoid things while doing deeps then you're going to hate every NM dungeon and be bitter and angry and hate everything and probably kill yourself. v:shobon:v

I don't mind moving around a lot but the thing is most areas where i've got to move around a lot aren't gonig to be tiny tiny platforms where i have maybe a few pixels of give space between me and INSTANT BILLION POINT DAMAGE. Also most NM fights are not likely to basically be me, a single dps, alone against a boss monster in a situation where not doing a certain amount of damage will instantly kill me. Because, you know, usually there's 2 other DPSers there, AND a tank (who's doing damage too) AND a healer keeping us all alive. So, a situation completely unlike the test DPSers are given to 'prove' they're NM worthy.

It says a lot about this "Test to become NM worthy" That i'm basically going to cheese it with healing and then go back to DPSing once I can get to NMs

• Locked thread