Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Putting Satan aside for a bit, I can remember playing the original Super Mario Bros. game as a child. I mean the one on the NES, not the arcade game. Sometimes I did run really fast and complete a level without getting any coins or extra lives. That may have something to do with Awesome Games Done Quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Something that amuses me is when people take some completely random activity, and then turn it into a charity. It's for a good cause! You have to beat that video game as fast as possible!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Knowing for sure that I have not drunkenly contracted an STD is a bit of morning happiness that I would never want to sacrifice to the gods of alcohol. Peace of mind is happiness, indeed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

These dudes raised a million dollars playing video games in AGDQ 2014. I guess that's cool, because that's not a small amount of money.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I suppose it is for a good cause as well. Some of the money went to a relief agency called CARE.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Asiina posted:

Winson has failed to make a post within 5 minutes and has been eliminated from the competition.

A judgement from GOD, perhaps for sassing Cena. Hellish storm here, brief power outage. Good luck to Props and FL!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If one drinks a lot on a regular basis, they will see its impact on their back account. They see their savings, their future vacations, their retirements, all gone to alcohol, instead.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I will give CARE and the people of AGDQ the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes these NGO relief organizations are not as sweet as they seem. The CEO might make an exorbitant salary, and the services they offer might not help people the way they claim.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If I can talk for thirty minutes about Awesome Games Done Quick, which I have never heard of, I think I have a good chance in this challenge. Hopefully the future topics will be easier, because I believe the difficulty may also begin increasing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In the long term, it's difficult to reconcile the sacrifice of safety and security for momentary pleasure. Of course, if budgeted for properly, one can avoid falling victim to their vices, maintaining a healthy balance of responsibility and fun.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wonder if this posting challenge will become an Awesome Game Done Quick. It's possible, depending on the spelling of certain words. I'd advise the moderators to look up the spelling of the word "bank" in determining how quickly this awesome game gets done.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In Awesome Games Done Quick, no emulators are allowed. The event does not want people conducting tool-assisted runs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TOPIC CHANGE

Still Two Sentences per post.

FAST LUCK What was your worst school dance experience
PROPAGANDA MACHINE Talk about regional barbecue

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Potential negative impacts on health cannot be ignored, either. Drinking too much too often can lead to myriad issues, including but not limited to weight gain, liver disease, and high blood pressure.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It appears I have a new topic and the game continues, despite Propaganda Machine writing the word "bank" as "back." I think for my worst school dance experience, I'd have to go back to middle school.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I spent my early childhood in St. Louis, and I've been to Texas several times. As a food-lover, I have to appreciate the regional stories told by their various barbeques.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There were some good things that happened during this dance. A girl approached me on behalf of her friend and asked if I'd dance with that friend.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Inconclusive, back account is vague, game continues.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
One of my earliest memories comes from the local farmer's market. The smell of rotisserie chicken was overwhelming.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Now, I didn't know the first thing about how to dance. Neither did almost anyone else, however.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In middle school, dancing often just meant putting your arms around the other person and slowly moving in circles with them. Actually, that's pretty much still what dancing means to me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The girl in question was pretty cute. She was short a short Asian girl who was somewhat quiet and studious!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The skin on the chickens was always dark and crisp. In retrospect, they must have been smoking, and then marinading in sauce, for hours and hours.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was still an awkward experience, however. My nerves were rattled and my heart rate increased! A more awkward moment was yet to come, of course.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Certain people began dancing more raucously. People were getting silly and a bit wild, kind of throwing their arms up and dancing in a big group. Certain posters had six minutes between their time stamps.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

The skin on the chickens was always dark and crisp. In retrospect, they must have been smoking, and then marinading in sauce, for hours and hours.

You have failed to make a post within 5 minutes Forums Time. You've been eliminated, which means

FAST LUCK

WINS

IMMUNITY

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Long story short, a popular girl asked me to dance with her and the wild kids and I went and did it despite being scared and knowing how awkward I'd look. A friend who was sitting on the bleachers the whole time (the dance was in a gym) came and grabbed my arm and said, "Have you no shame??" I'm not sure how terrible I was or how much of a spoilsport my friend was, but anyway, I left the dance floor feeling like a goober.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good job Fast Luck! Kinda bummed that I went out immediately on a sneaky play but I guess I should have read the entire topics post instead of just my topic :haw:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I sank myself trying to get that backlog together. Came in handy when I messed up the i tag, and then when I misspelled barbecue.

Now that it's over, I have to say I kind of agreed with Fast Luck about the back account thing :shobon:

Whatever. I'm pretty happy that's not going all night. Congrats dude.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Btw Winson, you were amazing! A power outage really is no fair. I had worried about that myself haha. Luckily no thunderstorms here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Congratulations Fast Luck. This win guarantees you a slot in the Final Three and a seat at the Final Tribal Council. One final person will be voted out of this game however. Prepare yourselves, because Tribal Council is in Thirty Minutes. I will see you then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:munch:

This is not the blood, sweat and tears I was hoping for :colbert:

Way to go Fast Luck! Well done! :neckbeard:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity, if it helps, I stubbed a toe. But I pushed through the pain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

Rarity, if it helps, I stubbed a toe. But I pushed through the pain.

The legacy lives on! :patriot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

Btw Winson, you were amazing! A power outage really is no fair. I had worried about that myself haha. Luckily no thunderstorms here.

:munch: yeah we haven't lost power here but the lights are flickering and the storm appears to be right on top of us. :munch:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Your Lego post-apocalyptic nightmare was quite interesting to read, Winson.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Also if you haven't voted, please PM me your votes for AWFUL SURVIVOR: BYOB PLAYER OF THE SEASON!!!!! or email them to poquefromsa at gmail dot com

Deadline is when Final Tribal starts!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

Prepare yourselves, because Tribal Council is in Thirty Minutes. I will see you then.

:stare:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akjIgsxIvQ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

They're not TRICKS! They're illusions.

• Locked thread