Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why is the a kid in blackface crying?

Because he's in blackface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boot polish in his eyes.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Is that really something Kirby drew?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Senor Candle posted:

Is that really something Kirby drew?

It's from Captain America Comics #5, which is by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. As far as I know, Joe Simon was writing and Kirby was drawing, so apparently he did draw it.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Ah, Whitewash Jones, a character from an age where racial sensitivity was associated with communism. Good thing we had Roger Stern set us straight in Young Allies rather than flush him down the memory hole.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Goatses???? :goatsecx:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also the bit in New Frontier where Cooke points out how racist it was to call Hal's old sidekick Tom Kalmaku "Pieface."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

There's also the bit in New Frontier where Cooke points out how racist it was to call Hal's old sidekick Tom Kalmaku "Pieface."

He wasn't the first. Kalmaku took Hal to town himself in an old GL comic. (Or maybe it was New Guardians, I forget.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wasn't even aware that "black people are afraid of ghosts" is a stereotype until I read some Seanbaby articles.

Dillbag posted:

Goatses???? :goatsecx:
Well, that's a more reasonable fear. But he said "gostesses", ghosts of all the dead Hostess pies that was sacrificed to defeat numerous supervillains.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Say Nothing posted:

Who's more extreme and 90s than extreme 90s Thor?
Thunderstrike!

Scrolling down the page, it looked at first as though Thunderstrike was swinging a chain with Captain America's head on it.

EXTREEEEME

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

The MSJ posted:

Well, that's a more reasonable fear. But he said "gostesses", ghosts of all the dead Hostess pies that was sacrificed to defeat numerous supervillains.

Or fed to Pieface.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Today, I learned something special about the JLA Watchtower transporter:

Green Lantern 108

Also, I learned that Jade has a potty mouth.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 30, 2014

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
That actually explains a lot about why the people who can fly at super speeds/open magic portals to where they want to go even bother with the teleporter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Wade Wilson posted:

That actually explains a lot about why the people who can fly at super speeds/open magic portals to where they want to go even bother with the teleporter.

"Snotty beamed me twice last night. It was wonderful."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don't most people puke their first time through?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Die Laughing posted:

Don't most people puke their first time through?

Well how would you react to you fist involuntary teleport rape?

Did it? Did I? oh god :barf:

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 30, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

redbackground posted:

Today, I learned something special about the JLA Watchtower transporter:

Green Lantern 108

Also, I learned that Jade has a potty mouth.

I love this.
Wonder Woman has suggestive dialogue/jokes about whether the male Justice Leaguers get aroused from going through the teleporter.
Jade runs with the joke suggestion that they just stare at their crotches to try and judge, at which point Wonder Woman chides her FOR GOING TOO FAR!

I guess she's Hippolyta's little Hypocrit.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Excalibur #34 Nightcrawler is a hit with the teens.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ah yes, the story arc where Kitty must enroll in an all girls school while the rest of Excalibur gets mind controlled.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Inferior posted:

Been re-reading Doom Patrol lately. The extended pastiche in issue #53 is pretty great:

From Doom Patrol #53

:stare:
What the hell is Constantine wearing?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Really all of them - it's the Trenchcoat Brigade except, for a reason that I guess is a better name-determined superpower riff, Morrison has substituted Doctor Thirteen for Doctor Occult (13 wears glasses but otherwise dresses the same)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I love how completely and perfectly Mr. Malleable encapsulates the Fantastic Four.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Bravo posted:

I love how completely and perfectly Mr. Malleable encapsulates the Fantastic Four.

Mr. Malleable is much more modest.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

robziel posted:

Captain Britain's rear end is sick of people fawning over Captain Britain.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 1, 2014

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

robziel posted:

Is it just the artwork, or has Nightcrawler always been able to turn his head 180 degrees?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Diskhotep posted:

Is it just the artwork, or has Nightcrawler always been able to turn his head 180 degrees?

For a brief period in the '80s he could teleport individual body parts, and sometimes he didn't get them back on the right way the first time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

robziel posted:

Well, an evil version of him in Belasco's dimension boob-groped Kitty Pride.

Uncanny X-Men #160

Not a funny panel, so here's the first appearance of a Bamf instead.
Uncanny X-Men #153

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Kalli posted:

Ah yes, the story arc where Kitty must enroll in an all girls school while the rest of Excalibur gets mind controlled.

It made perfect sense at the time... and they also had to include a few panels of the older girls in "sexxy" nightwear because reasons...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

robziel posted:

It made perfect sense at the time... and they also had to include a few panels of the older girls in "sexxy" nightwear because reasons...

It was written by Chris Claremont and he needed mind control.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Not a funny panel, so here's the first appearance of a Bamf instead.
Uncanny X-Men #153

Wasn't this part of a story that Kitty was telling to a sick child or something? Because that's what we buy comic books for, our favorite characters telling make believe stories that they aren't in at all.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

zoux posted:

Wasn't this part of a story that Kitty was telling to a sick child or something? Because that's what we buy comic books for, our favorite characters telling make believe stories that they aren't in at all.

If you can't enjoy X-Men #153, you have no soul.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Unless I'm mixing up issues where Kitty tells stories, that child was Illyana Rasputin. A lot of things happened since then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Modern Magik is so different than old school Magik it's crazy but then again I guess what being lost in time in hell for a decade will do to you.

Is Illyana actually a mutant and if so what would her powers be if she never went to Limbo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

Modern Magik is so different than old school Magik it's crazy but then again I guess what being lost in time in hell for a decade will do to you.

Is Illyana actually a mutant and if so what would her powers be if she never went to Limbo.

Her mutant power is opening teleportation circles, which use Limbo for the back-end transportation.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

As mentioned, her mutant power is teleportation via Limbo, but within Limbo she is (was?) basically its sorceror supreme.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
You can tell that she's a mutant because after she was reverted back to little-child-age she died of the legacy virus I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How'd she come back?

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I don't know man I didn't really read all of the return comics. But I think it's possible in some sense she didn't. The Illyana that came back was the soulless husk that was left after she sacrificed herself in Inferno so that her child-version could live, and was kind of extra-evil, but then it went on an adventure to find the appropriate soul and get it back, so it all kind of worked out?

Except I'm pretty sure before Inferno Illyana only had 3/5ths of her soul left, so I don't know if she now has all of it. This fraction was a result of losing two bloodstones or something from the pentagram because of demonic stuff, not a slavery allusion.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stagger_Lee posted:

I don't know man I didn't really read all of the return comics. But I think it's possible in some sense she didn't. The Illyana that came back was the soulless husk that was left after she sacrificed herself in Inferno so that her child-version could live, and was kind of extra-evil, but then it went on an adventure to find the appropriate soul and get it back, so it all kind of worked out?

Except I'm pretty sure before Inferno Illyana only had 3/5ths of her soul left, so I don't know if she now has all of it. This fraction was a result of losing two bloodstones or something from the pentagram because of demonic stuff, not a slavery allusion.

You know who else had three-fifths of his soul left?

This guy.

(Master Pandemonium, from one of the John Byrne issues of West Coast Avengers.)

Edit: Holy cow, I didn't know Master P got a job teaching. :monocle:

(Wolverine and the X-Men #31, looks like.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Say Nothing posted:

Well, an evil version of him in Belasco's dimension boob-groped Kitty Pride.

Uncanny X-Men #160

Does Tom Orzechowski still letter? He was the best.

• Locked thread