Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Arghy posted:

You also need to understand their play time, take vonic for example. Hes got loving way more time in this game then you and his game looks like poo poo because its entirely geared towards making him kill you before you kill him. Hes not inherently better then you its just your not putting as much dedication into killing him as hes putting into killing you. Yes they literally do have revenge builds that they will pull out if you keep killing them, if good players appear they will all swap to NW5 HA's with whatever is the most crazy 1v1 weapon they have.

Be loving glad you dont have to face them when they play on NC because then the cyclone comes out and you need to just redeploy because unless their running in a straight line towards you its loving over.

When did Giggily and GlennBeckistan go MLG and join this outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Popcornicus posted:

When did Giggily and GlennBeckistan go MLG and join this outfit?

when their mlg abilities outweighed their desire to play with goons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

poo poo, I've been outfit hopping on mine, I'll start one when I get home

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

sitchelin posted:

We tried to run two dedicated TR outfits before but could never drum up enough interest to keep it afloat. I actually play my TR guy often but most of the TR outfits aren't worth the time of day.

We could change that ;*)

The VS has all the cheaters

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

That was horrible. Stop in to do a quick check-in and found I spawned in the middle of a zerg of combined PXH and TAS.

Though it was kind of amusing to watch the weak-pathetic-terrible Magrider horde spider-tank along and PPA farm the whole lot of them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay, Emerald TR's new GOON refuge for people playing TR more than weekly is up. HANK HILL APPRECIATION STATION [K0TH] is now accepting applications. Mention that you are a goon in your app or just ask someone (all can invite)

I wouldn't mind playing a bit more TR outside of prime so this should be fun.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Okay, Emerald TR's new GOON refuge for people playing TR more than weekly is up. HANK HILL APPRECIATION STATION [K0TH] is now accepting applications. Mention that you are a goon in your app or just ask someone (all can invite)

But your main is NC.

I wanted to name it the Terran Applied Research Division [TARD] or [RTRD] :/

Both tags are taken but I got the outfit. Whatever.

What are some names of people in K0TH?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 1, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vigorous sodomy posted:

But your main is NC.

I wanted to name it the Terran Applied Research Division [TARD] or [RTRD] :/

I wanted to name it BWAA but it (and all variations) were taken :(

I'll still mostly play NC, don't you worry. I'm approaching 200,000 certs on WEARY though, gotta branch out a bit ya know

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Oh snap I'm a TR on Emerald maybe I should join that outfit thing

But then I'd have to give up my 3-man outfit with my real-life friends!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I used to play PS1 a lot back in the day. What game is this most comprable to? I don't have a lot of time to spend on MMO shooters anymore but the original Planetside created some of my fondest gaming memories.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I used to play PS1 a lot back in the day. What game is this most comprable to? I don't have a lot of time to spend on MMO shooters anymore but the original Planetside created some of my fondest gaming memories.
It's like Battlefield with a little bit of Planetside in it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

HJE-Cobra posted:

Oh snap I'm a TR on Emerald maybe I should join that outfit thing

But then I'd have to give up my 3-man outfit with my real-life friends!

Merge it.

A Tartan Tory posted:

It might be because I want more EU players playing at EU times in my squad or something! Or that I haven't thought much about GOON in about 4 months. Also I said most, not all, because I assumed you would want to advertise yourselves as well.

Feel free to call me a clown for trying to recruit EU refugees though, I am well aware GOON exists, no need to be passive aggressive about me in a thread I barely read, when I just want more dudes on at times I am.

Or you could be faithful to your avatar and just play NC with them! You need to aurax both the Bandit and the TROSS. Get to work. :smugbert:

Also, SECOND BREAKFAST.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nakar posted:

It's like Battlefield with a little bit of Planetside in it.

Which Battlefield? I stopped playing those after BF2.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Which Battlefield? I stopped playing those after BF2.

It's free and it's fun, just give it a try.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vargs posted:

I wouldn't mind another shooter now that I'm getting good at them, but which one is free? Is it the battlefield play-for-free game? Because I've heard that game's pretty cut rate from some of the prominent BF youtubers

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Vargs posted:

Epic High Five posted:

I wouldn't mind another shooter now that I'm getting good at them, but which one is free? Is it the battlefield play-for-free game? Because I've heard that game's pretty cut rate from some of the prominent BF youtubers

I believe Vargs is talking about how Planetside is free to play and to just try it. However, the free to play Battlefield is simply called Battlefiend Play4Free, which I have never tried before.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Prophecy120 posted:

I believe Vargs is talking about how Planetside is free to play and to just try it. However, the free to play Battlefield is simply called Battlefiend Play4Free, which I have never tried before.

Oh, haha, nevermind me didn't see his original post.

v v v starter weapons aren't just viable, they're some of the best weapons in the entire game. It's seriously a pay2differentiate game. My zero cert Connery guy had identical stats to my 180,000 cert guy, for example v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 1, 2014

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

If you're a PS1 vet that managed to really enjoy it despite so many shortcomings, this game is one of the few (only?) games that will trigger those same feelings. Were you in an ouftit on PS1? What server?

The TTK and pacing is a lot faster than PS1, but the scale, mix of (often lopsided) small/large fights, and numerous ways to have fun or become an uber :spergin: still remain. Factions still find irrational hate for each other, and make over-emotionally charged claims on weapons balance.

Best of all, it is free/fun to play (starter guns are very viable) without any $$$ being thrown out. There are also several goon outfits that will take you in and help you get started, or if you hate goons, plenty of other ones out there.

Play with an outfit though (preferably a "good" one), it makes for the best experience, and they can help you through the :soe: quirks that make this seem like a small production indie beta kickstarter game at times.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Vargs posted:

Yes PS2 is a free battlefield, i agree.

There are some walls of stupid stopping whole sale importing of PS1 poo poo into PS2--i'm talking the good stuff that can be properly translated in. Flexible classes structures and an inventory like loadout system would be loving amazing.

I'd love to see ESF's come with 2 roles, a heavy fighter and an interceptor along with some flight model changes. Relegate the lib to an assault transport and make the new heavy fighter into the premier ground attack craft.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Arghy posted:

Yes PS2 is a free battlefield, i agree.

There are some walls of stupid stopping whole sale importing of PS1 poo poo into PS2--i'm talking the good stuff that can be properly translated in. Flexible classes structures and an inventory like loadout system would be loving amazing.

I'd love to see ESF's come with 2 roles, a heavy fighter and an interceptor along with some flight model changes. Relegate the lib to an assault transport and make the new heavy fighter into the premier ground attack craft.

I highly disagree with the idea of a inventory/loadout system being loving amazing. It sounds cumbersome, even if the UI is intuitive. It takes away from the idea of "just shoot stuff." The meta and depth should come into play with things like (you mentioned it) flexible class structures, resource revamp, ANTS and logistics.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Epic High Five posted:

What is your name on TR? I submitted my app via the outfit screen as Prophecy12Zero.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I was hoping this TR outfit could be called Cool Action Team (CAT) and we could follow around Dangerous Operations Group (DOG) and make fun of the stupid poo poo they put on their website.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Prophecy120 posted:

What is your name on TR? I submitted my app via the outfit screen as Prophecy12Zero.

Oh, sorry, I'm FlakemoreBloodstab who will likely be availing himself of a name change when those tokens become available because I've since thought of much better

sitchelin posted:

I was hoping this TR outfit could be called Cool Action Team (CAT) and we could follow around Dangerous Operations Group (DOG) and make fun of the stupid poo poo they put on their website.

Lol dat rabbit hole. They've already got their hands full with VDOG though I'm sure

I'm also not sure they really understand Shakespeare's intent with that bit of prose they quoted

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Westy543 posted:

All bases should do this:

There's supposed to be glass you can stand on and look down, but it somehow got removed during the build for live. Anyone running up to get a tank would just fall to their death.

This is a direct buff to Emerald NC, because pubbies not pulling tanks means they can finally go and take bases they still won't take bases.

EDIT: I should also add as a disclaimer that I didn't believe it was a thing, then ran over to investigate it and fell into the hole. In a MAX suit :downs:

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 1, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

kidRiot posted:

I highly disagree with the idea of a inventory/loadout system being loving amazing. It sounds cumbersome, even if the UI is intuitive. It takes away from the idea of "just shoot stuff." The meta and depth should come into play with things like (you mentioned it) flexible class structures, resource revamp, ANTS and logistics.

Are they still looking at and trying to implement limited base resources/resupplies? I look foward to the resource/ANT update. I can't wait for GOKU to save a base by driving a giant truck convoy of fresh nanites into it screaming in yell about how they brought fresh spandex. :allears:

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

This is a direct buff to Emerald NC, because pubbies not pulling tanks means they can finally go and take bases they still won't take bases.

No kidding. GOKU held off an entire platoon and a half NC hellmarch earlier today with only 1-2 squads just because NC wouldn't get out of their vehicles. It glorious in the stupidest of ways.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

EDIT: I should also add as a disclaimer that I didn't believe it was a thing, then ran over to investigate it and fell into the hole. In a MAX suit :downs:

I spent a few minutes under that hole once just resurrecting people who would fall through. I lost count after 15.

Alkydere posted:

No kidding. GOKU held off an entire platoon and a half NC hellmarch earlier today with only 1-2 squads just because NC wouldn't get out of their vehicles. It glorious in the stupidest of ways.

Not that they would have had much of a chance if they did get out. They tend to all bunch up and die to explosives. A lot.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 1, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

sitchelin posted:

Ice wolves aint nothing on these guys ARROOOOOWWWW! do they take the nott together?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

'We poop together in our purestrain pedigree' is a sentence I strung together subconsciously as I skimmed that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4QOf1cspMM

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It's happening! #DAWASRIGHT https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/test-server-update-notes-7-1.192092/

Big things on PTS update...
  • Rocket primary nerfed (direct hit still kills but flak actually stops it)
  • Bulldog splash nerfs, velocity nerfs on gal bulldog
  • MBT AP guns nerfed against tanks???
  • MBT HEAT loses 1hk (via splash damage) against infantry
  • MBT HE buffed vs. tanks, can still 1hk but has HEAT blast now and fires faster.

Edit: Clarified on MBT HEAT

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 2, 2014

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

sitchelin posted:

"Bitches and sires of the purebred."

Considering that purebred dogs are by and large- inbred mutant retards it makes sense that they would play TR.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Westy543 posted:

It's happening! #DAWASRIGHT https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/test-server-update-notes-7-1.192092/

• MBT HEAT loses 1hk against infantry
  • MBT HE buffed vs. tanks, can still 1hk but has HEAT blast now and fires faster.

Looks like only Lightnings and Prowlers had their HE shells buffed vs. tanks. Everyone else merely got a reload buff on HE for faster shelling to make up for the loss of splash radius.

Honestly the whole tank rebalance thing makes no real sense. I'm all for the nerfing of Rocket Primaries against infantry if these changes make it off PTS.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 2, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Westy543 posted:

[*]MBT HEAT loses 1hk against infantry

I might be wrong but I think HEAT still 1hks infantry, its just that splash can no longer 1hk. If I'm wrong, that's a stupid loving change.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Westy543 posted:

• MBT HEAT loses 1hk against infantry

The tears in that thread are delicious. So much crying about "tank vs tank" nerfs. You know because that's definitely what any of these weapons are primarily used for.

edit: In case I wasn't clear I was being sarcastic. Weapons on tanks that are meant to fight tanks shouldn't have any splash damage on them. The balance around being able to splash non primary targets and perform defined roles will always make this impossible to please players because the farmers and the actual tank v tank autists are intermingled into the same screaming child.

Chance fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 2, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Away all Goats posted:

I might be wrong but I think HEAT still 1hks infantry, its just that splash can no longer 1hk. If I'm wrong, that's a stupid loving change.

That is what I meant, I'll edit my post.

Chance posted:

The tears in that thread are delicious. So much crying about "tank vs tank" nerfs. You know because that's definitely what any of these weapons are primarily used for.

Yes, I do think the AP nerf is another symptom of Rotary Syndrome. They're going to make the weapon that is designed to hard counter farming vehicles only marginally useful over the all rounder. Sure, you can farm infantry with an AP tank but your goal usually pulling an AP tank isn't to farm infantry.

And for those who don't know what Rotary Syndrome is, ESF rotaries used to be the best anti-fighter gun. Now they're borderline useless, except the Reaver's... which still isn't that great.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Away all Goats posted:

Just the splash. AP is now better at AI since the higher velocity makes it easier to direct hit.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

This thread caused me to indirectly decide to digital-buy the everything is terrible 'DOGGIE WOGGIEZ!' movie. You can buy it for $7 on their VHX digital stream site: http://everythingisterrible.blogspot.com/p/store.html

I'm watching it now. Oh my god. Highly recommended. :stare:

:laugh:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Westy543 posted:

• MBT HEAT loses 1hk (via splash damage) against infantry

Edit: Clarified on MBT HEAT

Get off my nuts, SOE.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Now they need to half the ammo reserves and tankspergs can feel the libsperg pain

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Really they should just get rid of HEAT rounds at this point and make AP the standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Vanguard and Mag AP loses over 200 damage per shot and they only reduce the Prowler's by 50? Alrighty then.

• Locked thread