Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I have access to a tablet now! Let's celebrate!

Wait, what are you doing Yukiko

No

Stop it

That is not how you celebrate

This may be a terrible, terrible game, but posts like this make it all worth it. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

HellCopter posted:

What do you mean? Can't you tell when a girl's into RSA Encryption, Game Theory, and growing your own coffee beans, just by looking?

That depends. What is the Japanese cultural equivalent of an XKCD T-shirt, and did Serika wear one at any moment?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

HellCopter posted:

What do you mean? Can't you tell when a girl's into RSA Encryption, Game Theory, and growing your own coffee beans, just by looking?

Serika is kind of awesome. Her suit rocks as well. We picked a great character for this run and I can't imagine how unbearable this run would be with anyone else.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The_Frag_Man posted:

We picked a great character for this run and I can't imagine how unbearable this run would be with anyone else.

Oh, don't worry. You'll find out next run. :unsmigghh:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tarezax posted:

No

Stop it

So if we do a Yukiko run we rename the thread "Tokimeki Memorial or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomber", right?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

The translation of the No Game No Life novels has recently completed volume 4, and they're referencing Tokimemo left and right. I'd have been lost on half the namedrops without this LP...

"I want a male comrade that has the social skills and ability to collect information like Saotome-kun – but... compared to Saotome, you're more of a... someone like Ijuuin..."

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

HellCopter posted:

That brings up a good question, actually: how are you supposed to know this ingame? Is it as utterly unstated as the clothing choices? Or do you find out by asking their friends?

Also, are you literally showing the whole conversations? They couldn't be bothered to come up with a little flavor text actually talking about RSA? That's sad.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Karia posted:

That brings up a good question, actually: how are you supposed to know this ingame? Is it as utterly unstated as the clothing choices? Or do you find out by asking their friends?

Also, are you literally showing the whole conversations? They couldn't be bothered to come up with a little flavor text actually talking about RSA? That's sad.

You can ask them about their hobbies - otherwise it's purely trial and error.

And yes, that's the entire conversation. Choose an option, they reply with a single line, and you get feedback on how well they enjoyed talking about the subject.

Tarezax posted:

No

Stop it

That's how I'll be celebrating in a few hours if the USA-Belgium game goes well. I'll add this to the OP. Thanks, this makes the process less painful.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kay Kessler posted:

Oh, don't worry. You'll find out next run. :unsmigghh:
Really? You really want to subject us all to another go-through of TM3? I mean, okay, making the LPer suffer is something of a forum tradition, but I'm getting sick of this game's poo poo, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
If we do another run of Tokimeki Memorial 3, we'll have to do another run of TM2 before I'll have the strength of will to not bite my tongue off.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Next run of TM2, vote for Hikari or be a jerk forever. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coolguye posted:

Next run of TM2, vote for Hikari Homura or be an jerk evildoer forever. :colbert:

Seigi no mikata. :colbert:

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
One run of TM3 is enough. More than enough.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

vibratingsheep posted:

And yes, that's the entire conversation. Choose an option, they reply with a single line, and you get feedback on how well they enjoyed talking about the subject.

They're not characters with interests. They're goddamn 3d paper dolls with a checklist of things they respond favorably to. It would have been pretty goddamn easy to come up with lines responding to at least the responses they liked, and would have been great character building. It's just so horrifically lazy, and it makes me very sad.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Karia posted:

They're not characters with interests. They're goddamn 3d paper dolls with a checklist of things they respond favorably to. It would have been pretty goddamn easy to come up with lines responding to at least the responses they liked, and would have been great character building. It's just so horrifically lazy, and it makes me very sad.
It's not really fair to call anything about this game "lazy". Unless you're Valve or Blizzard, games aren't made in some isolated vacuum with unlimited time and resources. It's painfully, depressingly clear that that's where this game's problems came from. It wasn't from a lack of talent on the development team's part, and certainly not a lack of ambition. If anything they were too ambitious, trying to add a new conversation system and a new hobby system and a new clothing system all at once.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

FractalSandwich posted:

It's not really fair to call anything about this game "lazy". Unless you're Valve or Blizzard, games aren't made in some isolated vacuum with unlimited time and resources. It's painfully, depressingly clear that that's where this game's problems came from. It wasn't from a lack of talent on the development team's part, and certainly not a lack of ambition. If anything they were too ambitious, trying to add a new conversation system and a new hobby system and a new clothing system all at once.
This would normally be a good point. But Konami is just like Valve or Blizzard in that they have some ridiculous cash-cows that would have allowed them to keep developing the game until it got good, without really impacting the yearly profits. They just decided not to.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

tonberrytoby posted:

This would normally be a good point. But Konami is just like Valve or Blizzard in that they have some ridiculous cash-cows that would have allowed them to keep developing the game until it got good, without really impacting the yearly profits. They just decided not to.

Correct me if I'm misremembering, but part of the sordid tale of Tokimeki 3 is that the proto-Kickstarter model they used to fund it hosed them over by creating certain expectations and obligations that meant they couldn't just take another year or two to make the game better.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Opposing Farce posted:

Correct me if I'm misremembering, but part of the sordid tale of Tokimeki 3 is that the proto-Kickstarter model they used to fund it hosed them over by creating certain expectations and obligations that meant they couldn't just take another year or two to make the game better.

Yeah pretty much - lot of games get released in buggy or bad states simply because they can't afford the development time to fix it. Like Broken Age is a recent example of the crowdsource model expectations and it drastically affected the game, they went overbudget but are still obligated to release it so they broke the game into two parts with the idea that sales will help them finish the second half.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
The sense I've gotten from all the characters in this game is that they are a bunch of aliens trying to act like a convincing human. And failing miserably.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I just lost the latest post to hitting Ctrl+Shift+R in this window instead of another window, so I can't get my draft back. :bang: Anyway, I'll work on typing everything back up and putting it up later tonight. It may involve digging through my cache, which should be fun!

There won't be a stream this week - I'm on vacation and the connection here is a bit unstable.

Here's a quick preview of what's coming in the next post:

A weekend at Bernie's!

Budgie smugglers!

Bombs!

And more bombs!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

What is wrong with Red's arms?!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Robindaybird posted:

What is wrong with Red's arms?!

Her hands are huge and the arms are too long and not thick enough to match them. However, that huge-hands-over-mouth expression reminds me vaguely of some manga's art style and it is going to bug me all drat night until I think of what the hell it is.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Raitzeno posted:

Her hands are huge and the arms are too long and not thick enough to match them. However, that huge-hands-over-mouth expression reminds me vaguely of some manga's art style and it is going to bug me all drat night until I think of what the hell it is.

She looks like she has yaoi hands to me so maybe it's that.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Gay Abortions posted:

She looks like she has yaoi hands to me so maybe it's that.
Yup. They're called Yaoi hands.

Yabe (I think that's his name, I'm not sure) has a real bad case of Yaoi hands as well.

Dycroma
Apr 20, 2014

vibratingsheep posted:

Budgie smugglers!

Nice to see that Goon has an impeccable taste in swimwear and hankering for sprained ankles. Seriously, who wears platform shoes when walking on uneven ground? You might trip when girls are watching. :derp:

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Dycroma posted:

Nice to see that Goon has an impeccable taste in swimwear and hankering for sprained ankles. Seriously, who wears platform shoes when walking on uneven ground? You might trip when girls are watching. :derp:
Even then, nobody in their right mind would go out in just sunglasses, thongs and platform shoes with stars on them.

I bet all the girls in the game would pretty much say "Uh, I gotta go somewhere else... bye!" if you tried wearing them at dates, or rather ANYWHERE.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Dycroma posted:

Hey, with an outfit like that, you could be a world-class archaeologist, just like this fine gentleman here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tokimemo 3, Chapter 8: Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAKE!

4/21: Introduction to Mari, part 2

After leveling up Art, there's an opportunity to meet Mari after school for the standard "hey, you wanna walk home?" event. However, since it's Mari, we'll be getting a very different version of this event on the first time.

Goon: Oda-san!
Mari: Pardon my manners, but could you please go away and leave me alone?
Mari: You're just one of the many trying to talk to me because I'm a curiosity to you.
Mari: I hate those people.
Mari: They buzz around me, and even when they ask "How do you do" it's just because my parents happen to be famous.
Option 1: What are you talking about?
Option 2: I didn't mean it like that at all.

Both options lead to the same conversation. Thankfully, there's no way to bomb your relationship with Mari before it starts.

That's Yukiko's job. :rimshot:

Mari: What?
Goon: I just wanted to talk to you. And, uh, maybe ask you if you wanted to walk home together.
Mari: ...
Option 1: I didn't know your parents were famous.
Option 2: Honestly, I don't know the first thing about you.

Again, both options are the same. I chose 2 here because Yabe's introduction to Mari makes 1 a lie.

Mari: Wow, you truly know nothing?
Mari: I have no choice but to forgive you - and educate you.
Mari: Follow my lead, and learn.
Mari: We'll start by having you carry my bag.
Goon: Um. Sure. My pleasure.
Goon: (When did I become a manservant?)
Goon: (Oda-san... allowed me to have a fun time walking home with her?)

4/26: O Takumi Where Art Thou

So, remember how I said that the only reliable way to get information is by calling up the girls and asking them about their friends? Yes, there's an annual update from Yabe or Masaki, but since they were designed as rival characters and fail horribly as friends, they won't give you information like Yoshio or Takumi did. How bad can it be, right?

Serika: Hey, I was wondering when you'd call. What's up today?
Goon: I'd like you to tell me what the other girls think of me.

Serika: Other... girls? Why are you trying to ask me that?
Serika: Screw that.
(Click)
Goon: (What's up with her?)

This conversation happens with any girl once their affection is slightly higher than neutral and significantly shortens their bomb timers. Note that, other than Yukiko, you can only get a girl's phone number when their affection is right around neutral. So, basically, we're going to have to fly blind for the rest of this game.

You know what? Screw this game.

YKWSTG count: 6

This is half of the relationship chart, by the way. Yukiko gladly provided it and was glad to help, which will cease to be the case in about 2 months. Note that she doesn't provide information about herself, and doesn't know anything about Serika.

5/17: Sports festival, year 2

Goon: Alright, time to go out there and work hard!
Serika: I don't usually go to these kinds of things, but since you're here, I came to cheer you on.
Serika: Good luck.
Goon: Thanks!

We've waited a year for this. It's time for a rematch with the 3-legged race, this time without an anchor tied to Goon's leg.

Serika: Haha, looks like we're teaming up for this.
Serika: Honestly, I wasn't very excited at first, but now I'm a little fired up.
Serika: Let's win this thing.
Goon: Yeah, let's kick some rear end!

Year 1: Tied to Masaki. Retired from the race without even finishing.
Year 2: Tied to Serika. Won by something like 20 lengths.

I try not to nitpick the art too much, but between her lack of expression, lack of animation, and the angle of her head, mini-Serika looks dead. It's a little creepy.

Serika: We did it, $playername, we took first.
Serika: I knew you had it in you.
Serika: You were amazing out there.
Goon: Thanks.
Goon: (I hope I'm not blushing.)

5/23: The payoff

Goon: (Time to head home.)
Serika: Goon.
Goon: Hey, Shinjo-san. What's up?

Serika: It's, uh, nothing big.
Serika: By the way, it looks like you've been working out lately.
Serika: Emi was telling me about it, it's pretty cool.
Serika: Anyway, want to head home together?

I reloaded 55 times so that this could happen. There is no way Goon is saying no here.

Goon: Yeah, sounds good. Let's get going.
Serika: Nice! Let's go.

Serika: Say, this is kind of out of nowhere, but are you free this Sunday?
Serika: I was thinking we could head to the riverside park together. What do you think?

See previous note. Can you imagine how horrifying this would be if this were Yukiko and not Serika, and we had to keep saying no? It chills the spine.

Goon: Sure, that sounds good.
Serika: Alright, it's a date!
Serika: Thanks for saying okay. I was pretty nervous asking you, honestly.

Goon: So, should we meet in front of the park on Sunday?
Serika: Yeah. Don't be late.
Goon: (This Sunday. I have to make sure I remember.)

5/25: Day at the park with Serika

Cut: The usual "what do I wear?" and "where was I going, again?" idiot checks that come before every date. They're more tedium than game mechanic at this point.

Goon: Hey, Shinjo-san.

Serika: Haha, right at the same time. Looks like you had the same idea I did.
Goon: Yeah, looks like.
Goon: Let's head into the park.
Serika: Sounds good. Let's hurry.

Serika: Look at that, there are so many flower petals floating down the river.
Serika: It's really pretty.
Option 1: They're all gonna end up as trash.
Option 2: I want to see where they come from.
Option 3: It's pretty, but kind of ephemeral.

Goon: It's pretty, but kind of ephemeral.
Serika: I think that's what makes it pretty, though.
Serika: Hey, you okay with sticking around a little?
Serika: It feels like we haven't talked enough.
Goon: Yeah, let's head somewhere.

Serika: I was thinking about what couples find so fun about going to places like this.

Serika: Right now, I kind of get it.

The only important part of these conversations left is the "Can I call you XXX?" question.

The standard options are Shinjo, Shinjo-chan, Serika-san, Serika, and Serika-chan. The "other" tab is pretty much full of random nicknames, most of which will bomb with Serika. We'll go with Serika-san until the last push, and just call her Serika at that point.

Goon: Can I call you Serika-san?
Serika: Sure, I don't mind. You can call me whatever you want.
Goon: (Yay!)

Serika: It feels like we still haven't talked enough.
Serika: But we can always come back. It's not like this place is going anywhere.
Goon: Yeah.
Serika: Today was pretty fun.
Goon: Thanks for inviting me out. I'll invite you somewhere next time.
Serika: I'll be waiting.

5/27: More Mari

(sobbing noises)
Goon: I hear someone crying. Did something happen?
Option 1: Check it out
Option 2: Leave it alone

Mari: ...
Goon: (Is Oda-san... crying?)
Goon: Oda-san, what's wrong?

Mari: (Sobbing)
Goon: Hello? Oda-san?
Goon: (What should I do?)

Mari: Pardon my manners, but could you please be quiet?
Goon: What?
Mari: You have no clue, do you $playername?
Mari: I'm rehearsing right now.
Mari: Please don't barge in and interrupt me.
Goon: S, sorry. I didn't realize.

Mari: I suppose it's my fault for being so good.
Mari: You must not be able to help it.
Mari: Now, if you'll excuse me.
Goon: (That was incredible acting.)

5/31: Exploration actually becomes useful

It took a year, but Goon finally discovered one of the five date spots you can discover with the Exploration hobby command. It'll help provide a little variety. This one only becomes available after you've been on a date in the hilltop park.

Goon: I bet if you looked out on the city from the Marine Bridge over there, the view would be great.
Goon: Maybe I'll invite someone out there some time.

6/1: The evils of infomercials

The Secret Boots are pretty much useless. The last few months had the "Get taller set", which raises Sports by 4 levels each use. This one, though...

Bob: What's wrong, Johnny? You look down!
Johnny: Hey, Bob. Well, tomorrow I'm going on a date, but I don't have anything to wear.

Woman's voice: We have just the thing for you!
Woman's voice: If you wear these bikini briefs, you'll be so sexy she'll swoon!

Johnny: Wow, it totally works!
Johnny: I can't wait to put this on tomorrow!
Woman's voice: Order now, and receive 10 free spare pairs! What an amazing bargain!
Bob & Johnny: Operators are standing by!

The budgie smuggler, like the Secret Boots, is a completely useless item. You can't give it as a present (no one would take it anyway), and wearing it instantly makes girls flee.

But it's funny, and we need some of that in this game, so I went ahead and bought it for Goon.

Moegino Watcher update

The only things to note are that the amusement park has closed the Marchen World attraction and replaced it with a Ghost House. Oh, and the upper right part says that there's some sort of movie based on a video game playing in theaters, too.

Mechanically, pretty much every girl enjoys watching Metal Gear Solid, so expect to see it at least a couple of times.

6/9: Bomb warning - Emi

Ugh.

6/11: Emi event

Sadly, these don't clear bombs. Only dates and birthdays.

Emi: Oh, $playername, good afternoon.
Goon: Hey, Tachibana-san. Did you just finish getting changed?
Emi: Yes. The freshmen are so enthusiastic, there's so much I can teach them.
Freshman girl: Tachibana-senpai!

Freshman girl: Everybody's been waiting for you to help us train, Tachibana-senpai!
Emi: Just for me?
Freshman girl: Yes! We all want to be like you, Tachibana-senpai, and be able to shihonage two people at once!
Goon: You're pretty popular, Tachibana-san.
Emi: No, I'm not that special.

I will not look in the background. I will not look in the background. I will not mock the hastily-drawn 2D characters behind the 3D characters.

Freshman girl: Come on, senpai!
Emi: I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me.
Goon: (Those girls sure look up to her.)

6/15: Aikido exhibition

Another easy victory. The dialogue doesn't really change.

6/21: Bomb-clearing date with Emi, troll edition

Because I had to do it at least once: black-rimmed glasses, no shirt, budgie smuggler, and Castlevania boots.

Emi: Are you... planning on walking around wearing that?
Emi: I, I've just remembered a pressing matter I must attend to.
Emi: I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me.
Goon: Tachibana-san?
Goon: (Is there something wrong with my outfit?)

Bah, it's the movies, no one would've noticed.

6/21: Bomb-clearing date with Emi, for reals

Goon: (Metal Gear Solid is a hard science fiction anime about a lone mercenary's fight to infiltrate a military base.)
Goon: (...It's really awesome.)

Emi: That was quite intense. I was so impressed that I forgot it was an anime.
Option 1: Yeah, it's the best of Japanese anime.
Option 2: I kinda got bored of it halfway through.
Option 3: That guy who plays the main character was really cool.

Goon: Yeah, it's the best of Japanese anime.
Emi: Yes, I've heard that Japanese-made animation is being watched around the world.
Goon: (Eh.)

6/24: Walk home with Serika

Same dialogue as before.

This time it's a bit more standard, with Goon able to ask Serika out. With Goon's weekends consumed by growing coffee beans, making lunches, and ordering flattering codpieces fron the television, it's nice to get some days back like this.

Goon: Want to go to the movies with me on the 5th?
Serika: Hmm, that day's bad for me.

Serika: The 21st would be perfect though, what do you think?
Goon: Let's go on that day instead.

6/25: Critical bomb warning

Oh for the love of...

7/12: Bomb-clearing date with Yukiko, troll edition

We're going to make this work. Hawaiian shirt, bikini briefs. Perfect for a day at the beach.

Oh. It was a trip to the department store. Oh well. Nothing of value was lost.

7/7-7/11: Midterms

7/12: Bomb-clearing date with Yukiko #4

Yukiko: There are so many candy shops here! It's like I'm in heaven!
Option 1: You don't have to act so excited.
Option 2: Don't forget all the Japanese sweets, like red bean!
Option 3: If all you eat is sweets, won't you get fat?

Again, there's no option for a middle ground. Dammit.

Goon: Don't forget all the Japanese sweets, like red bean!
Yukiko: Oh, I almost forgot! Ehehe...
Goon: (Looks like I made a great impression!)

7/14: Test results

Goon: Looks like I did pretty well.

63rd: Shiratori Masaki
72nd: Fudou Gunzou
92nd: Makihara Yukiko
117th: Oda Mari
144th: Tachibana Emi
191st: Shinjo Serika
231st: Yabe Takuo

Serika: I saw your test scores. Not bad. You did way better than I did.
Goon: Nah, it's nothing special.
Serika: Haha, it must be nice though. I just barely passed.
Goon: How about we study for we study for the next tests together?
Serika: You mean it?!

Serika: Oh. Wait... maybe next time...
Serika: Or some other time.
Goon: (I wonder what's going on, she just suddenly looked sad.)

7/17: School swim meet, year 2

Goon: Hey, Serika-san.
Serika: Don't worry about what will happen with the classes.
Serika: Swim like I know you can, and you can win. Be confident.
Goon: Thanks, Serika-san. I'll do my best!
Serika: Keep your cool.
Goon: (Alright, I'm fired up!)

While the bar has moved up from the previous year, Goon's concentrating on his athletics, and in the one-stat system, being great at aikido translates to being a great swimmer.

Goon: Alright! I took first place, and the class won too!
Serika: You did great! And the class took first, too!
Goon: Yeah!

Serika: It's all thanks to you. I knew you had it in you.
Serika: I'm glad my pep talk helped.
Goon: I owe it all to your support. Thanks, Serika-san.
Goon: (I'm glad I could contribute to the class' win. I was right to train for this.)

Next time: Let us go out this evening for pleasure. The night is still young.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 11, 2014

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

You have a few $playername tokens in the post yet, might want to run a find and replace.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:stare:

...Oh my god Serika is literally a Persona 4 FeMC and it's like the game somehow knows and I can't unsee it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Well duh. She can't study with Goon ever because she's busy whacking Shadows.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Well duh. She can't study with Goon ever because she's busy whacking Shadows.

...Sigh. This game would be much more fun if it had Chie and Rise and Naoto and a Yukiko who isn't intent on bombing you back to the stone age.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh I get it now, we're Yosuke.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Yosuke does suffer for our amusement. Also appropriate that we're going after the MC equivalent, since Yosuke clearly had a thing.

It's also pretty cute to see that Serika is pretty clearly into us at least a bit. In the last two games, it seemed to be us doing all the pursuing, so the reciprocating interest is nice.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Well, if Seriko is gender-flipped MC, then that must mean we're gender-flipped one of the girls.

Given our obsession with martial arts, my money would be on Chie

Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

Mechanically, pretty much every girl enjoys watching Metal Gear Solid, so expect to see it at least a couple of times.

I believe this is the first game mechanic we've seen that is 100% well-conceived and executed. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Can I take the fact that Metal Gear Solid is a beloved movie as admission that even Konami realizes that it's basically more a movie than a game? :v:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

ChaosArgate posted:

Can I take the fact that Metal Gear Solid is a beloved movie as admission that even Konami realizes that it's basically more a movie than a game? :v:

I wonder... how much would its sales figures have changed if it had been released as a movie instead of a game?

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vibratingsheep posted:

I will not look in the background. I will not look in the background. I will not mock the hastily-drawn 2D characters behind the 3D characters.

:stare:

So creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Coolguye posted:

You have a few $playername tokens in the post yet, might want to run a find and replace.

They're actually in the game, as a 3-second awkward pauses in line delivery while the game tries to find an EVS file and doesn't. Tokimemo 2 would usually have the decency to put the text there; Tokimemo 3 just leaves in really long $playername pauses.

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Sigh. This game would be much more fun if it had Chie and Rise and Naoto and a Yukiko who isn't intent on bombing you back to the stone age.

Hell, this game would be more fun with Dracula in it, like the Castlevania arcade game ending linked a while ago that had Dracula waiting under the legendary tree.

• Locked thread