Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

My certmas was sadly very modest. That crossbow is very tempting though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Why did no one tell me a grip on the Gauss Rifle makes it feel like an Anchor? :magical:

Prophecy120 posted:

Along with Reddit, Planetside Universe, Official forums, Twitter etc. etc. I have never seen so much universal rage regarding patch notes like that in a long time. SOE has been pretty great listening to feedback and I knew they wouldn't let those changes fly with that much of a negative response from the player base.

Someone on reddit asked me for proof of my comment that none of the balance devs drive vehicles. I just told him patch notes then dropped the mic and walked off stage.

Xae posted:

The "problem" with the tank changes is that they are geared toward Connery. The server where no one ever uses AV.

It's true, even Emerald players start telling everyone to pull tank swarms to counter tank swarms when they come to Connery.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Why did no one tell me a grip on the Gauss Rifle makes it feel like an Anchor? :magical:.

An anchor with better reload efficiency, greater accuracy, better hipfire, and ridiculous velocity! And better iron sights! And it's the free gun given to the best all-around class!

The Gauss Rifle is pretty much the perfect gun, if I weren't such a slut for 200 damage guns I'd be using it exclusively.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
TROSS has a better sound effect. Like some sort of weird VS sounding thing that also kills things in 3 hits.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Xae posted:

The "problem" with the tank changes is that they are geared toward Connery. The server where no one ever uses AV.

Higby said in a tweet that the tank nerfs against infantry were going to be accompanied by infantry nerfs versus vehicles.

"In general we want these changes to bring MORE combined arms, by reducing armor lethality vs infantry we can reduce infantry AV power a bit."

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lassitude posted:

Higby said in a tweet that the tank nerfs against infantry were going to be accompanied by infantry nerfs versus vehicles.

"In general we want these changes to bring MORE combined arms, by reducing armor lethality vs infantry we can reduce infantry AV power a bit."

Which, of course, made the nerfs to AT ammo even more nonsensical. They'd want to buff AT or leave it as-is if they want to make tanks the ideal counter to tanks.

That being said, I have full confidence that GOKU lancer-swarms will melt any and all comers even with generic launcher nerfs.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I'm thinking of getting Coyotes with my certmas, do they still own?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Lassitude posted:

What's the overall design here? What are they trying to accomplish? Reduce the TTK between infantry and vehicles? What does that serve overall?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Westy543 posted:

Someone on reddit asked me for proof of my comment that none of the balance devs drive vehicles. I just told him patch notes then dropped the mic and walked off stage.

Cool story bro, care to back it up with a cite?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Gobblecoque posted:

I'm thinking of getting Coyotes with my certmas, do they still own?

They are effective, but they aren't the absolute face-fuckers they were. All they did was add 1s to the reload timer though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/test-update-notes-7-2.192291/

Looks like there is a Vanu burst pistol now, an NC shotgun pistol and an TR MG pistol.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

What's the overall design here? What are they trying to accomplish? Reduce the TTK between infantry and vehicles? What does that serve overall?

The goal is ultimately to improve the new player experience I'd imagine. Reducing infantry effectiveness against ground vehicles just helps to ensure that this nerf to MBTs comes with the perk of giving them a new niche, that of anti-ground-vehicle. I may be wrong, but I'd think this has a lot to do with trying to nix as much farming stuff before the PS4 release drops (first ESFs/libs, now MBTs/lightnings).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KakerMix posted:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/test-update-notes-7-2.192291/

Looks like there is a Vanu burst pistol now, an NC shotgun pistol and an TR MG pistol.

Downloading now to see if they trash heaped the Magscatter, glad to see the AP changes reverted. Guess some other changes too I guess but I never use anything but AP so who cares

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Prowler AP still getting nerfed. :laffo:

What are the SC costs for attachments? If I have to re-buy all my ALS/AFGs I'd rather do it with SC and spend the certs on rank unlocks.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

SOE posted:

NC08 Mag-Scatter
The NC08 Mag-Scatter’s powerful tungsten buckshot and compact frame make it an excellent close-range sidearm that can quickly dispatch nearby targets.

T4 AMP
The Terran Republic’s Automatic Machine Pistol functions similarly to an SMG thanks to its lightning-fast, fully automatic fire.

Spiker
Reverse-engineered from ancient Vanu tech, the Spiker’s hovering powercore allows the standard 2x burst to be held and charged into an accurate 4-round salvo.

The T4 AMP sounds like a beast if it got somewhat large magazines, but i guess they can´t make it ridiculously good.

Edit: NC gets another shotgun. Why do you guys hate hugs?

BRB pooping fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 3, 2014

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

This is why I have you guys pull mass Phoenixes so often

Well, one of the reasons

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can't log onto PTS just yet. The anticipation, it kills

BRB pooping posted:

The T4 AMP sounds like a beast if it got somewhat large magazines, but i guess they can´t make it ridiculously good

You must be new here, the AMP will be the best pistol of the three by far and will function every bit as well as a primary

Keeshhound posted:

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SkOaGIBNfs

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

BRB pooping posted:

The T4 AMP sounds like a beast if it got somewhat large magazines, but i guess they can´t make it ridiculously good

The only way to balance a full auto pistol would be ridiculous recoil or extremely low DPM. Giving TR stalker infils a mini SMG with no downsides seems cruel even for :soe:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

KakerMix posted:

So they're trying to reduce the amount tanks farm infantry, but while they have nerfed the splash damage of said infantry-farming weapons they have buffed the reload speed across the board. So while you have to be more accurate, follow-up shots on wounded infantry are that much easier and the reduced damage per shot on armor is less of a deal because you can land more shots in the same amount of time? I mean, I imagine AP is still better than HE even with those reload buffs, but it these make it off the PTS it sounds like less of a reason to load up on HEAT as compared to full AT or HE.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

KakerMix posted:

quote:

These changes are part of an overall goal to improve combined arms gameplay. Removing some of the instant twitch kills that tank primaries can dish out is part of that. These won’t be the only changes in this regard; this is just a first step and more changes will be coming, likely on both the infantry and vehicle side of things. We are discussing the tank secondary weapons as the potential next step, such as improving the anti-personnel effectiveness of Canister and Marauder.

quote:

We are discussing the tank secondary weapons as the potential next step, such as improving the anti-personnel effectiveness of Canister and Marauder.

quote:

improving the anti-personnel effectiveness of Canister

quote:

improving the ... Canister

quote:

Canister

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mag-Scatter trip report

Mauler spread, jackhammer damage curve now. Fires reaaal slow (120rpm) and while it's a reliable 2 shot within 8m or so it's a reliable 8 shot outside of that

Appears to be doing 1.5x damage headshots now as well

I dunno, it seems fun but realistically the Rebel outclasses it dramatically damage curve wise and the Mag Shot is better up close without sacrificing range

It can one hit quick knife, but so can a lot of other guns

The AMP has a much faster TTK at all ranges and in all scenarios against all targets. AMP is also 937rpm @ 100 damage with a 21 round mag. Lots of vertical kick but that actually helps with headshots as it's all up. Is going to be OP as poo poo on stalker infils, so OP that the mag-scatter is going to get nerfed. Still quite capable bursting down range.

Spiker is capped at 769rpm @ 125 damage. Cannot charge while cloaked, seems to take a full second to charge meaning that spamming is going to be your best bet 100% of the time. Also far more lethal than the mag-scatter at all ranges tested, both moving and still. Cool effect on charge and firing, looks like it does shoot spikes. Pretty bright muzzle flash tho

They've done this like 6 times already. Unless it's getting 50 rounds it's going to be total garbage compared to the Kobalt

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 3, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Increased the damage of each pellet by 5. To compensate for this reduced the magazine size by 2.

Also I immediately take back what I said about buying the ex mags on my bursters. 8 bucks total, screw that.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Epic High Five posted:

They've done this like 6 times already. Unless it's getting 50 rounds it's going to be total garbage compared to the Kobalt

To be fair, a lot of guns are garbage compared to the Kobalt. It really is amazing how few people use that thing when it's probably the best anti-infantry vehicle weapon that isn't the PPA.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Wait wait wait, a Vanu pistol that might not be plain jane semi-auto? REALLY?

How are they going to make it suck? HOW? It's a VS faction pistol. There has to be something lovely about it. They literally can't make it good, that'd fly in the face of everything they've ever done with VS pistols.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gonkish posted:

How are they going to make it suck? HOW? It's a VS faction pistol. There has to be something lovely about it. They literally can't make it good, that'd fly in the face of everything they've ever done with VS pistols.

It's 125 max damage w/ a 2 round burst. You can either dump 500 damage worth of shots out a second with charging or mash that button for 1600dps with a not insubstantial kick

I'm not actually sure how well this will fare in live combat. It's a very, very obvious gun when fired and charged for one.

You guys will be better off sticking with the Beamer and click macros

edit - worth noting, the Mag-Scatter when used on the move had a horrible tenancy to send every single pellet in an outline around the target, which is a deal breaker for a weapon that's balanced around 1 full mag earning 1 kill, generally. This is to say, the TTK of the Mag-Scatter is ~2 seconds starting at 10m, and if it needs to reload you're looking at 6 seconds

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 3, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Gonkish posted:

This just in. A post by Gonkish in which he complains about VS guns. Film at 11. :rolleyes:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I dunno, VS pistols are pretty underwhelming right now. The Beamer's "ok", the Manticore is "meh", and the Cerberus is a joke (but it looks cool). At least this one might be a little different.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

This just in. A post by Gonkish in which he complains about VS guns. Film at 11. :rolleyes:

To be fair, VS pistols really ARE lovely though.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Just so folks know, 4 hits with uncharged bursts (e.g. 2 pulls of the trigger) will do more damage than 4 hits with a fully charged burst. At least, with headshots--4 hits to the head with regular bursts at point-blank will kill, whereas a fully-charged burst to the head will leave them with something like 50 health.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The burst seems underwhelming and useless but as a burst pistol it has some potential, so it's not all bad!

Also the AMP still has its loving crazy bloom, but since the model isn't back in it's a little hard to get a feel for its ADS.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

As a pistol on its own, the Spiker is actually probably going to be really good; it has practically no bloom and seems really promising. I don't understand the point of the charged shot, since it doesn't kill on headshots and doesn't seem to actually fire any faster than just pulling the trigger twice. I'm sure it will go through more iterations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

novaSphere posted:

As a pistol on its own, the Spiker is actually probably going to be really good; it has practically no bloom and seems really promising. I don't understand the point of the charged shot, since it doesn't kill on headshots and doesn't seem to actually fire any faster than just pulling the trigger twice. I'm sure it will go through more iterations.

Silly gimmicks is our faction trait. If they ever find out that the Lancer is a useful gimmick we're hosed.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

I really really hope the Spiker turns out to be Desperado or Repeater levels of good; Despite complaints about VS guns being kinda boring and samey, there are only two areas we actually lack in: Assault rifles and pistols. The Terminus is a step in the right direction and all, but it's like on par with the stock TR medic gun... And they get the SABR, TRV, and TORQ, and the NC get the Gauss Rifle and Reaper DMR.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

TR night was awesome. The MCG is so brutal and doesn't require any firing discipline, kind of like Blueshifts. I wish I could use it all the time.

Edit: Ugh I posted in the wrong thread. There's nothing I can do.

Popcornicus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 3, 2014

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Popcornicus posted:

TR night was awesome. The MCG is so brutal and doesn't require any firing discipline, kind of like Blueshifts. I wish I could use it all the time.

Edit: Ugh I posted in the wrong thread. There's nothing I can do.

Whatever, lets take this time to appreciate the best gun in the game, the MCG.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Rayjenkins posted:

Whatever, lets take this time to appreciate the best gun in the game, the MCG.

I shot down a scythe with mine tonight. I haven't played in a while so I kept holding my fire when allies walked in front of me, I need to stop doing that.

bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Leal posted:

Increased the damage of each pellet by 5. To compensate for this reduced the magazine size by 2.

Damage per pellet is now 30.
Reduced clip size by 8 (to 1)

Now fires 1500 pellets per shot in a 30 degree spread.

E: If mounted on a Harasser, throws the vehicle 10m backwards with recoil

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 3, 2014

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
The MCG needs a NS variant pronto. Giving the MCG to the TR who hate good guns was clearly a huge mistake.

I just want a gun that screams BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH like the MCG/Vulcan.

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 3, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Does anybody know who this guy is? https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428168624838780865/weapons

Is anybody even going to pretend they think he is legit that has gone up against him, or is he like another NivX/Mattimer whose going to end up being TK'd endlessly by some VS hero until they're chased off to Connery? Just now he landed about 5 headshots in a row with the Orion from a solid 80m (I know because I had just killed a guy next to where he was and got a Marksman ribbon), killing me instantly. I've literally only ever seen two other people do this before, and guess what their names are.

Evilreaver posted:

Damage per pellet is now 30.
Reduced clip size by 8 (to 1)

Now fires 1500 pellets per shot in a 30 degree spread.

This is pretty much how it was before the first revamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
An NS heavy gun that combined the Lasher, MCG, and Jackhammer would be cool.

The Rocklet launcher?

• Locked thread