Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 49

They did a show I don't know what they talked about until questions

http://www.mediafire.com/download/17zu246dn25vpqb/049+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

We completed the rite of podcast passage and reviewed Heroes of Wrestling.

Also my friend Lobo came on to review MitB, since he was there live, we talked Raw, and we briefly touched on some of the all time worst TNA segements - AJ Styles with a chainsaw, Russo vs Athena, Piper wondering "why did you kill my cousin Owen?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

For the Punchsport Podcast: If instead of 1998 WCW or 1998 WWF, the Brawl IV All was held in 1998 ECW, how many people would be dead at the hands of New Jack by the time he won?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I Before E posted:

For the Punchsport Podcast: If instead of 1998 WCW or 1998 WWF, the Brawl IV All was held in 1998 ECW, how many people would be dead at the hands of New Jack by the time he won?

I just picture Taz getting knocked out in the first round and the entire ECW crowd looking like they just found out Santa Claus isn't real.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Something that came up during the latest Austin podcast that I found fascinating is that apparently Austin refused to ever deliberately work to the hard camera. He felt it didn't flow naturally and since there were so many cameramen available he figured they would be in position to catch the finish wherever it came.

Also apparently the last five minutes of the Joe/Daniels/AJ match in 2005 was called completely on the fly because Joe accidentally went to the finishing sequence early. :stare:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I tried listening to both Russo episodes but I had to turn it off after a while. Along with the stupid poo poo he's saying, I can't stand the way he talks. Hearing Russo say "Let me tell you something Steve" and "You know, I'll be honest with you Steve" made me irrationally angry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Something that came up during the latest Austin podcast that I found fascinating is that apparently Austin refused to ever deliberately work to the hard camera. He felt it didn't flow naturally and since there were so many cameramen available he figured they would be in position to catch the finish wherever it came.

Also apparently the last five minutes of the Joe/Daniels/AJ match in 2005 was called completely on the fly because Joe accidentally went to the finishing sequence early. :stare:

I've heard Daniels tell that story before and it reminds me of him and AJ giggling at the idea of Samoa Joe on the Ultimate X.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

AJ and Daniels said the planned match was twice as a long than what they did.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave Meltzer thinks you are a dumb poo poo if you use the terms "IWC", "smark", "mark" or "haters".

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

Rounds would be timed to Natural Born Killaz.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

rovert posted:

Dave Meltzer thinks you are a dumb poo poo if you use the terms "IWC", "smark", "mark" or "haters".

Which you are. Dave also loving buried Russo which was amazing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jerusalem posted:

I liked how he lets Russo go on and on about how no Southern wrestler ever made it big (including dismissing a number of Southern wrestlers who made it big because "they don't count") and then finishes with,"Well I could sit here and give you a list of names but let's just move on to the next subject."

I just wanted Steve to drop two words right there (although Steve would be way too humble to do it):

"Victoria, Texas."

I mean, Vince, you're talking to a man who is easily in the top 3 wrestling draws of all time, who also happens to be from the depths of lower Texas, telling him that no Southern wrestler made it big.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 3, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I liked how he lets Russo go on and on about how no Southern wrestler ever made it big (including dismissing a number of Southern wrestlers who made it big because "they don't count") and then finishes with,"Well I could sit here and give you a list of names but let's just move on to the next subject."

Did Russo really say that no southern wrestler has ever made it big to Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Texan Stone Cold Steve Austin?

"Let me tells you Rack, No Samoans wrestlers or black wrestlers ever mades it big."

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

rovert posted:

Dave Meltzer thinks you are a dumb poo poo if you use the terms "IWC"
Obviously

quote:

"smark"
Without doubt

quote:

"mark"
Generally

quote:

or "haters"
Well that just sounds like something a hater would think

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Mark is one of the oldest carnie terms, how could he think that's stupid? If you spend money on a fake sport you are a mark, that's the whole point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Mark is one of the oldest carnie terms, how could he think that's stupid? If you spend money on a fake sport you are a mark, that's the whole point.

Calling people marks as a derogatory term is stupid, that's the point.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Calling people marks as a derogatory term is stupid, that's the point.

Psh, whatta mark!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Psh, whatta mark!

Just look at the problems Kanyon had later in life.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

We completed the rite of podcast passage and reviewed Heroes of Wrestling.

Also my friend Lobo came on to review MitB, since he was there live, we talked Raw, and we briefly touched on some of the all time worst TNA segements - AJ Styles with a chainsaw, Russo vs Athena, Piper wondering "why did you kill my cousin Owen?"

We made sweet sweet radio love. It was my first time seeing Heroes of Wrestling. Holy crap that show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Did Russo really say that no southern wrestler has ever made it big to Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Texan Stone Cold Steve Austin?

"Let me tells you Rack, No Samoans wrestlers or black wrestlers ever mades it big."

No, he justified it by saying that Texas is its own thing and not the south. Seriously.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

Of course now if you do this you'll have Vince and/or Dunn screaming at you telling you you don't know how to work.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

No, he justified it by saying that Texas is its own thing and not the south. Seriously.

He'd have a point if he wasn't culturally and geographically wrong.

I mean Ric Flair and the Hardy boys alone prove he's talking bollocks and that's just North Carolina.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

He'd have a point if he wasn't culturally and geographically wrong.

I mean Ric Flair and the Hardy boys alone prove he's talking bollocks and that's just North Carolina.

Flair grew up in Minnesota nearly from birth so he's as much a Southerner as Hank Hill is a New Yorker. Hank Hill loves NY.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If we're going to go into a list of big name Southern wrestlers to prove Vince Russo wrong, we're going to be here a long god-drat time.

MassRafTer posted:

In terms of the headlining National Non Texan Southern stars there are fewer than you'd think. Of course, Hulk Hogan is one of them.

Let's be real, the "not-Texas" constraint is bullshit. Arguing that Texas isn't part of the South is like arguing that Minnesota isn't in the North. You're arguing against basic geography.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 3, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If we're going to go into a list of big name Southern wrestlers to prove Vince Russo wrong, we're going to be here a long god-drat time.

In terms of the headlining National Non Texan Southern stars there are fewer than you'd think. Of course, Hulk Hogan is one of them.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Let's be real, the "not-Texas" constraint is bullshit. Arguing that Texas isn't part of the South is like arguing that Minnesota isn't in the North. You're arguing against basic geography.

Lots of people legitimately consider Texas as its own thing because Texas is pretty much a small country of its own. I've never really considered Texas the South. It's just Texas. There's the South, Texas, and then the Southwest.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I was just about to say Hogan.

Although I'm sure that Russo would say that doesn't count because of some bollocks like Miami is basically California.

No point in looking for the logic in it, he's just a bigoted twat trying to justify his bigoted twatness.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Lots of people legitimately consider Texas as its own thing because Texas is pretty much a small country of its own. I've never really considered Texas the South. It's just Texas. There's the South, Texas, and then the Southwest.

In California the tripartition is California, Southwest, South

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Of course now if you do this you'll have Vince and/or Dunn screaming at you telling you you don't know how to work.

Don't forget that they got on Generico for posing from the turnbuckles to get the crowd hyped as well. Funny how much poo poo their biggest star during their most profitable period did in the ring that's now considered unacceptable.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Don't forget that they got on Generico for posing from the turnbuckles to get the crowd hyped as well. Funny how much poo poo their biggest star during their most profitable period did in the ring that's now considered unacceptable.

yea it's just a control issue. They want to discourage any possible way guys could get themselves over so that they can completely control who's getting over.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I'm Canadian, so excuse me not being really familiar with it... but California is considered part of "The South"?

Like I get that it's southern, but I dunno I just picture "The South" to be yeehaw yokels and cowboys, not cool dudes like The Hulkster

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I'm Canadian, so excuse me not being really familiar with it... but California is considered part of "The South"?

Like I get that it's southern, but I dunno I just picture "The South" to be yeehaw yokels and cowboys, not cool dudes like The Hulkster

Born in Georgia, raised in Florida, billed from California.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Born in Georgia, raised in Florida, billed from California.

I am shocked the Hulkster would lie to me about being from Cali, brother :smith:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

triplexpac posted:

I am shocked the Hulkster would lie

This was your first mistake

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dave trying to book a hypothetical match off the top of his head and settling on Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston was my favorite thing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

"South" in the US basically = Southeast/ex CSA states

Texas/Arkansas is about as far west as you get that's still considered the South by many people and even that's often disputed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I am shocked the Hulkster would lie to me about being from Cali, brother :smith:

I think the autobiographical album "Hulk Rules" mentions he moved to CA (because it was where he needed to be.) It's a concept album, a concept the Hulkster invented.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

So was Hogan the definer of Progressive Rock, or just its refiner? I know Rush asked him to play bass for them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Del Raminos posted:

So was Hogan the definer of Progressive Rock, or just its refiner? I know Rush asked him to play bass for them.

He was the original bassist for the Moody Blues which is why he told a young Sexton Hardcastle that he should try using the name Edge.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Quite good patter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I was going to say "gently caress the Pisscast forever" since this is like the eighth or so week in a row they have refused to answer any questions I have asked, while continuing to answer Blank's questions when they said they wouldn't.

And then, right at the end of the episode, Oatgan comes in and in the last 60 seconds of the show lays down probably the greatest story ever told.

So Manflurry, you need to thank Oatgan for keeping me as a fan of the show.

• Locked thread