Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm watching this and joe hildebrand is staring at the people talking about compassion like he is going to spit his acidic bile at them or something.

First loving thing Hildebrand said was "well look it's not that bad".

Hang yourself you idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I was watching the video going "wow this is actually good and not at all bad *camera pans over Hildebrand* but it will end being that way".

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Ita Buttrose is literal loving human filth and should be put up against the wall along with hildebrand morrison and abbott.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Like seriously, Joe Hildebrand sits there, watches that video, and defends scott morrison, but nah, the greens are psychopaths.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Well it's irrelevant because they didn't actually do it so :shrug:"

And then they actually did.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nuclear Spy posted:

To counter the argument that the video doesn't matter when it was never shown to asylum seekers, The Guardian reports that the video was screened and continues to be shown to detainees in Papua New Guinea and Nauru.

In other news, this email response from Liberal MP Andrew Laming is doing the rounds online:

On his Facebook page, each of his statuses is debunked within each top comment:

what other dumbfuck piece of poo poo thing did andrew laming do recently I honestly have a hard time keeping up with in what specific ways each of the minor players in the coalition are scum.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
oh thats right said people fighting against the chaplaincy program were out of touch green communist fascist terrorists or something

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

DO NOT COME TO AUSTRALIA OR OUR SECURITY MINOTAURS WILL EAT YOU!!!!!111one

Also kinda looks like a guy with his hands over his ears going "What's that? You'll be tortured and killed if you're returned to your country of origin? LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

oh thats right said people fighting against the chaplaincy program were out of touch green communist fascist terrorists or something

something something gay green alliance something something

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
pictured: the hon andrew laming mp

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

what other dumbfuck piece of poo poo thing did andrew laming do recently I honestly have a hard time keeping up with in what specific ways each of the minor players in the coalition are scum.

I covered this in the OP :argh:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SvnJDq5s0Y

You know you've hosed up when Dicko hates you

Whoa. I now like dicko. Thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Captain Pissweak posted:

I covered this in the OP :argh:

lol like anyone reads that poo poo m8

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
when even bottomfeeding programs like studio loving 10 come out against offshore processing it theoretically should give some hope that maybe people care about not torturing vulnerable people but at this point I think the neurons in my brain which process positive emotions are dead from lack of use.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Is this a particularly horrible media cycle? I'm finding this latest batch of horror particularly depressing, I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult not to quit my job and withdraw to oblivion.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Is this a particularly horrible media cycle? I'm finding this latest batch of horror particularly depressing, I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult not to quit my job and withdraw to oblivion.

Always darkest before the dawn.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

always darkest before the even darker next bit

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I dunno man, poo poo's been getting real dark for a real long time.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Amethyst posted:

A message from Prime Minister Morrison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0EqwMJwD0

You know, I'm not one to advocate violence or any kind of harm, but seeing someone talk to desperate people trying to flee for their lives in such a manner, I can't help but think that someone should just shoot this guy.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Just when I thought these guys couldn't top their last batch of signage:

:golfclap:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

CrazyTolradi posted:

You know, I'm not one to advocate violence or any kind of harm, but seeing someone talk to desperate people trying to flee for their lives in such a manner, I can't help but think that someone should just shoot this guy.

I'm not an advocate of violence either, but I wouldn't be sad if a plane crashed into his house.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mattjpwns posted:

To be honest this just depresses me as I know there is absolutely no chance it will actually happen, no matter how much it should.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
At this point the only thing that will change policies anytime soon is international pressure/condemnation.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

dr_rat posted:

To be honest this just depresses me as I know there is absolutely no chance it will actually happen, no matter how much it should.

Yeah I'm afraid the Hague is really only for the trial of people who piss off the first world. For it to actually have an effect over the behaviour of western nations like ours, we'd need to give them discretionary control over the moon so they could slam it into the planet in order to cleanse the filth.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Mattjpwns posted:

I'd never heard of the Gosford Anglican Church before, but I'm glad I know about it now.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

In amongst all these stories of Tories being scum I've managed to find another Labor shill: the admin of the "Keep Calm Abbott Won't Be PM Forever" Facebook page.

This smug piece of poo poo.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Jonah Galtberg posted:

In amongst all these stories of Tories being scum I've managed to find another Labor shill: the admin of the "Keep Calm Abbott Won't Be PM Forever" Facebook page.

Good to see all the comments are calling him out. Oh and here's another quote from him:

quote:

Seriously what is wrong with the C-word - I'm annoyed I cannot spell it out because the Guardian will deleted the comment.

If you care to consider the word's long history you might recognise it is a far better word than the "proper" words we're told to use.

Seriously why is a word for a women's privates the most offensive word in the English language? While all the other "rude words" have lost its power the C-word has gained in power. Something that should be considered if you're going to discuss its use in modern society.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Gen Y Labor-ites are the smuggest of fuckers

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I dunno about that page, but I had to unlike the "Tony Abbott: Worst PM in Australian History" page due to all the hypocritical sexism as well as Labor shilling.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Captain Pissweak posted:

I was watching the video going "wow this is actually good and not at all bad *camera pans over Hildebrand* but it will end being that way".

Same. Literally the exact same thing happened in my head IRL

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Haters Objector posted:

Gen Y Labor-ites are the smuggest of fuckers

I'm good friends with one of them :eng99:

though he is more one of those people that are just looking for any in to politics than he is a shill for any one party. He's pretty loving dumb, he's working with Kelly O'Dwyer of all people on gay rights and he thought Brandis had a good point about freedom of speech with the 18C changes. also George W Bush is unironically his favourite president for whatever loving reason

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Jonah Galtberg posted:

though he is more one of those people that are just looking for any in to politics than he is a shill for any one party. He's pretty loving dumb, he's working with Kelly O'Dwyer of all people on gay rights and he thought Brandis had a good point about freedom of speech with the 18C changes. also George W Bush is unironically his favourite president for whatever loving reason

Get better friends.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Wheezle posted:

I dunno about that page, but I had to unlike the "Tony Abbott: Worst PM in Australian History" page due to all the hypocritical sexism as well as Labor shilling.

I haven't heard of that page before but I just went on it and saw a post by the admin describing GetUp as radical, I think I've seen enough

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Dicko is actually a pretty decent guy, one of my best mates used to work as a producer on his radio show, and amongst my friends we have a rich tradition of trolling each other's shows while the other is at work going back to when we were at uni, and Dicko loved us.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Jonah Galtberg posted:

He sounds fuckin' dumb.

In my experience, the only 18-30 year olds who are actively involved with the ALP are the smug "Politics is serious business and I'm a serious grown up dude so I'm going to join a serious grown up party and not going to waste my time with dumb baby parties like the greens. Let me tell you why we need offshore processing..." type

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Splode posted:

Get better friends.

The only reasons I'm still friends with him are a) politics doesn't come up very often and b) every time it does and he says a dumb thing he is gratifyingly amenable to changing his mind when presented with the actual facts. He's not smug, he's just ignorant.

Another one of the guys from school that I always hated has turned out to be the real smug piece of poo poo. That guy I don't talk to at parties.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Thinking I'm great automatically makes someone decent FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

All of the labor voters I know are in constant sincere apology mode.

• Locked thread