Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

genderstomper58 posted:

Took the week off after Tuesday for july 4th(unrelated to AntBeating)

Colin continues to be hilarious(I hated him on SNL and his show but he's loving hilarious I was an idiot)

https://twitter.com/iamcolinquinn/status/484888087257157632

I don't give a care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God I hate what somethingawful has become. Yes, Ant is a big fag but jesus, wanting a guy to lose his job because he said some words that offend you after being he was assaulted? Jesus.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Law Cheetah posted:

All the same, if you think that Anthony was being "angrily quiet" during the Neil Degrasse Tyson interview you should smoke less weed or something

No, there was a noticeable tension. I think he was mad that one of the "animals" was coming in to enlighten a bunch of unread crackers about science and the wonders of the universe. But maybe I was just making unfair assumptions based on Anthony's well-documented hatred of black people. Could be.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

zapplez posted:

God I hate what somethingawful has become. Yes, Ant is a big fag but jesus, wanting a guy to lose his job because he said some words that offend you after being he was assaulted? Jesus.
If a public figure wants to spout vitriol about how blacks are literally "not people," then who are we to judge?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

zapplez posted:

:regd06:
What a world we've come to when Corsican pimps can't walk through shouting "friend of the family" without reprimand.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:regd06:
What a world we've come to when Corsican pimps can't walk through shouting "friend of the family" without reprimand.

Yuck, 04's are the worst.

Oh wait,

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

zapplez posted:

Ugh, he is such a fag. But at least he hates niggers I guess. Luckily I work at a place where I can jump into public places and scream racial epithets at people who's boobs I'm trying to photograph.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

OlyMike posted:

Ugh, he is such a fag. But at least he hates niggers I guess. Luckily I work at a place where I can jump into public places and scream racial epithets at people who's boobs I'm trying to photograph.

But, I thought that Anthony unequivocally can't stand black people? Why would seeing an attractive black woman make him want to photograph her?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

No, there was a noticeable tension. I think he was mad that one of the "animals" was coming in to enlighten a bunch of unread crackers about science and the wonders of the universe. But maybe I was just making unfair assumptions based on Anthony's well-documented hatred of black people. Could be.

Uh what? No there wasn't any tension in the room. Like the other poster said Ant was a giddy little girl during the whole thing because he got to act somewhat knowledgeable about science compared to clueless Opie and dummy Jimmy.

There's plenty of other occasions to attack Ant for being a racist shithead but the NDT interview wasn't one of them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Stop being a grovelling baby boy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

zapplez posted:

I don't really care what happens to him, but he will almost certainly lose his job, nearly as certainly wreck it for Opie and Jim, probably will sue, fairly likely will lose all his remaining money in the process, and quite possibly will cap it off R. Budd Dwyer style. So it doesn't really matter whether I find him entertaining or not.

He's yet another in a long line of horrible people who have brought me joy in one form or other at one time. Generally, much like not knowing the horrors that go into producing the food I eat, it's much better for my sanity to not pay attention to how awful literally everyone I've admired in even the slightest respect until it's shoved out in public loudly. If he goes away forever, oh well, I guess I have to enjoy some Ron and Fez for a month or two until they follow suit.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I doubt the media hype machine, and anyone who's actually upset at him, will keep the pressure on until monday. Not having to take any live calls or meetings for the next few days will give this a long time to blow over. It'll have to be a dead news week for Anthony to catch any flak beyond cohost and caller ribbing when he comes back.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

zapplez posted:

Anthony's racism was funny years ago when you could pretend it was tongue-in-cheek. Getting fired after a black woman beat him up while black men laughed at him could not be a more hilarious end.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nipplebox posted:

Anthony's racism was funny years ago when you could pretend it was tongue-in-cheek. Getting fired after a black woman beat him up while black men laughed at him could not be a more hilarious end.

There certainly aren't many theoretical scenarios that are funnier.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

The NY Post is calling out SiriusXM for being silent, but of course they're not going to say a word in the hope it goes away by Monday.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Maybe Jimmy can finally get over his fear of travel and become a comedian for the BNP.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Nipplebox posted:

The NY Post is calling out SiriusXM for being silent, but of course they're not going to say a word in the hope it goes away by Monday.

Which is a good strategy, the shelf life of this story is 3 days maximum.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Droopy Goines posted:

Which is a good strategy, the shelf life of this story is 3 days maximum.

If Anthony can shut up for that long.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The only limit on this story is how much work they want to put in to digging through the unlimited ammo he put out there voluntarily. He has more than enough to sink the SiriusXM gig at minimum.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I guess you could say Ant's tweets were steeped in folly

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I think the worst of it is over now, judging by the extremely limited shelf life of internet world scandals. It's already no longer 'news' in the sense of it being a new event, so I can't see any non-internet, non-trash mag outlets picking it up from here. Feel free to quote this three days in the future when CNN hosts a "CUMIA: DID HE GO TOO FAR?" prime time panel.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

cochise posted:

Uh what? No there wasn't any tension in the room. Like the other poster said Ant was a giddy little girl during the whole thing because he got to act somewhat knowledgeable about science compared to clueless Opie and dummy Jimmy.

There's plenty of other occasions to attack Ant for being a racist shithead but the NDT interview wasn't one of them.

Well, Bob Kelly did make a joke about Ant being a racist during it and it got a little uncomfortable for a moment, although I don't think they really addressed it until after the interview was over.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
The best case scenario is that this blows over, but the bosses tell ant to drop the race diatribes on the show and to focus on the comedy.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Droopy Goines posted:

The best case scenario is that this blows over, but the bosses tell ant to drop the race diatribes on the show and to focus on the comedy.

Cue the food bits! :taco:

Edit: In a less sardonic way of speaking: I feel that if the boys are somehow forced into staying off of a sensitive subject (They can say "friend of the family" without impunity, they just can't say outright hate speech...like Anthony has on Twitter), then I feel like they'll be bratty children about it and do decidedly unfunny things to stick it to the boss/whoever might be in disagreement with Anthony.

Morter fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 4, 2014

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Lindy West, the woman who Jim debated about rape culture on W. Kamau Bell's show, chimed in:

https://twitter.com/thelindywest/status/484755125081481216

https://twitter.com/thelindywest/status/484755370922225665

https://twitter.com/thelindywest/status/484807243968163840

https://twitter.com/thelindywest/status/484810050016645120

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Anthony Cumia ‏@AnthonyCumia 28m

I wouldn't apologize. I'm not sorry. Talk to you all after a great summer!

Anthony Cumia ‏@AnthonyCumia 22m

RT @jlsturge: @AnthonyCumia suspended? For being attacked? -Suspended? Haha, no, not quite.

Hm. So "talk to you after a great summer" but "not quite suspended." Wonder if he's just loving around at this point.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Never Tweet your heroes, folks

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Oh, here it is:

Anthony Cumia ‏@AnthonyCumia 3m

Sirius decided to cave and fire me. Welcome to bizarro world. Fired for poo poo that wasn't even on the air & wasn't illegal. So, who's next?

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr
Welp, I guess that's that.

I honestly didn't expect this from Sirius, and while I think his views are vile and boring, I just wanted him to go back to being funny, not to be fired.

I can't imagine what's coming next. We've been joking about Ron and Opie, but I don't even know if that's feasible.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Thankfully Ron and Fez moved off their channel so they have a place to stay when the O&A channel blows up.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
let's all take a moment here to realize that saying friend of the family a whole lot is completely legal and totally cool to do

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Wow, if he does a Compound show, it's going to be glorious

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I always figured their final firing would be over the casual use of "human being" on air, didn't really expect it to be for Ant's off-air rants.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And that how O&A ends, not with a bang but with a *Ding*

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Anthony "The Greaseman" Cumia waddle doodle

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Bowser still hasn't been fired from nintendo btw

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Well all thats left is the paternity suit and the statutory rape charges and we can put a bow on this thing.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Mob posted:

Anthony "The Greaseman" Cumia waddle doodle

Does Scorch need a cohost?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Waiting for someone to call Sirius hypocrites, because it's the last refuge of the scoundrel. :allears:

(They kind of are though, they were happy to make money of Anthony's racism right up until someone else noticed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

:lol:

• Locked thread