Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

If you can't trick shot revive grenade on demand you should probably uninstall.

Off a wall out a window? No big deal :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
My favourite is intentionally bouncing them off enemy players to get them right where you need them to go.

But yeah, the power of revive grenades was shown a lot in a fight last night for me, I was literally the only person left alive in a room of like 20 bodies, chucked all 4 res grenades out in every direction before I died and single handedly started the fight again. :goku:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I notice a lot of times, in the 34 minutes it takes a revive grenade to blow up, 3 shithead medics with level 2 medic tools will swoop in and revive 99% of the bodies before my nade explodes.

I howl in frustration.

This game really makes me mad a lot.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

vigorous sodomy posted:

I notice a lot of times, in the 34 minutes it takes a revive grenade to blow up, 3 shithead medics with level 2 medic tools will swoop in and revive 99% of the bodies before my nade explodes.

I howl in frustration.

This game really makes me mad a lot.

Maybe so, but as long as the people are ressed, it doesn't matter. Being a medic is not about certs, or killing, it's about completely turning the tide of battle.

If you are looking for a 'I still really want to kill people, but HA is getting a bit boring' you should try SMG infil or LA for a change of pace. That's what I do!

Engineers and Medics are basically exclusively there to support and turn the tide of battle, not to kill people, unless you are pretty bad at the game...or TR I guess.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 4, 2014

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'm enjoying LA with the NS-11C right now and a crossbow, especially on Hossin. Alternately, LA + Grenade Bandolier + Flash Grenades + SMG.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Waiting for a half off sale for SC before whaling out again. :smith: Goddamn attachments change is loving with my impulses

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Waiting for a half off sale for SC before whaling out again. :smith: Goddamn attachments change is loving with my impulses

Do SC unlocked attachments unlock for all guns, or for all guns of that type, or what? If I got a NV scope with SC for instance, would I unlock it for any gun that had a NV scope?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

Do SC unlocked attachments unlock for all guns, or for all guns of that type, or what? If I got a NV scope with SC for instance, would I unlock it for any gun that had a NV scope?

It only works for an individual guns, I think.

So to get a bigger bang for your buck, get them for common pool stuff.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 4, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Extended Mags for the Burster Arms ain't a bad deal. Especially since you'll want it on all your alts.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Fans posted:

Extended Mags for the Burster Arms ain't a bad deal. Especially since you'll want it on all your alts.

I bought some but they seem to be faction specific, which doesn't make much sense since the bursters themselves aren't.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

vigorous sodomy posted:

TORQ seems pretty good. It has a faster ROF than even the TRV which is bananas, and because of this it's like the gun is impossible to control.

How do you guys 'medic'? I can't stand not having my overshield and 100 round guns, but Heavy is growing stale after auraxing my 5th LMG today. I figured since TR medics are all literally poo poo for brains stupid and don't know their class role, I have a maxed out med gun I never use, why not fix the problem?

It depends. Grenade bandolier is recommended with revivegrenades , just throw them, run up to your newly ressed buddies and heal with aura/medgun. If you want to use the bubble, use medpacks for your utilityslot. Regen 3 as an implant is awesome for a shieldmedic aswell. When it comes to guns i heartily recommend you aurax the T1 Cycler, if it doesnt click with you Cycler TRV or TORQ. I use the TORQ exclusively, with a foregrip it is just fantastic for pretty much anything

Edit: If you havent yet upgraded your medgun to max, always stay and heal your newly risen corpses. Use cover and healing aura to whittle down your enemies , collect certs.

BRB pooping fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 4, 2014

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Epic High Five posted:

Someone has already posted about having their account forced over to the Korean one: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/28pvub/forced_server_change_in_korea_hundreds_of_dollars/

You should be good, but it seems like newer members will probably just go to Briggs if K-PS2 is such a transparent fleecing, unless the Asian market seriously is just into that sort of thing. I always thought the "big" trait of Asian multiplayer games was that a long and senseless grind was to be expected for every little thing? Never knew it was a P2W embracing gaming culture as well.

The reason K-MMOs are grindy to the point of insanity is you're supposed to be playing them at internet cafes, where you get double-ultra-premium rates on whatever bar you're trying to fill. When publishers port over those games they tend to forget that 99% of westerners play MMOs at home so the game is a miserable slog.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

BRB pooping posted:

It depends. Grenade bandolier is recommended with revivegrenades , just throw them, run up to your newly ressed buddies and heal with aura/medgun. If you want to use the bubble, use medpacks for your utilityslot. Regen 3 as an implant is awesome for a shieldmedic aswell. When it comes to guns i heartily recommend you aurax the T1 Cycler, if it doesnt click with you Cycler TRV or TORQ. I use the TORQ exclusively, with a foregrip it is just fantastic for pretty much anything

Edit: If you havent yet upgraded your medgun to max, always stay and heal your newly risen corpses. Use cover and healing aura to whittle down your enemies , collect certs.

I'm about 400 kills away from auraxing the T1 Cycler, and I've figured out why I've been aiming wrong. I was staring at the dot and trying to put it on the target rather than putting the target on the dot. Sounds weird, but it works for me if I look at the target and not the sights. Now the cycler is like a CARV with 60 fewer bullets.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Well you're gonna be waiting for eternity then. I think the last sale on SC was like a year ago.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Any chance the Flare Gun will go back on sale?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gobblecoque posted:

Well you're gonna be waiting for eternity then. I think the last sale on SC was like a year ago.
I guess my 500 SC/month will keep me warm in troubled times :unsmith:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

(The warmth comes from Smedley's jizz between your buttcheeks.)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:siren:SALE IS UP!!!:siren:

So far it's infantry cosmetics (helmets, armor, decals, voice packs).

And flare gun too.

EDIT: The infantry decals for the flags are also on sale. :911:

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 4, 2014

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Been waiting for this one, just bought the Murrica armor decal. :911:

Probably will look into getting another VS helmet as well.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Finally gonna get that heavy cloth helmet I've been lusting after

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEqR0CHHJUA

DEATH TO THE IMPOSTORS

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Does anybody know why the TR always get beat on? Every continent since Hossin it's NC and VS vs. TR. The NC and VS literally do not fight each other on their fronts. The map shows no hotspots on the VS/NC borders, but both factions are hosed in the poo poo against the TR. Fights are fun, but it gets demoralizing when you log on to find your faction being SHREKTED.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EDIT:

U.S. flag is the best selling flag decal! :patriot:

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 4, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vigorous sodomy posted:

Does anybody know why the TR always get beat on? Every continent since Hossin it's NC and VS vs. TR. The NC and VS literally do not fight each other on their fronts. The map shows no hotspots on the VS/NC borders, but both factions are hosed in the poo poo against the TR. Fights are fun, but it gets demoralizing when you log on to find your faction being SHREKTED.

The NC and VS fight each other all the time. All factions fight each other a lot. The problem is the TR lose a lot of territory because they blob everybody up in one spot and lose the rest, then lose what they were defending with the blob when they leave

Like during the Amerish alert earlier, probably 6-7 combined platoons of NC/VS were battling over Xelas and Xelas South while the TR hellzerg ate up NC territory up to Sungerey. Did we worry though? No, because as soon as we were able to break the will of the VS they went to fight where they had lanes they could push aka the TR front meaning the hellzerg would devour itself and we could gobble up a victory. It probably felt like getting double teamed, but it was basically just a trap that your command fell for hook, line, and sinker. You had the lead at the time we put this in motion, and most of the VS/NC were tied up at Xelas. Had TR just played defensive they would've won.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

The NC and VS fight each other all the time. All factions fight each other a lot. The problem is the TR lose a lot of territory because they blob everybody up in one spot and lose the rest, then lose what they were defending with the blob when they leave

Like during the Amerish alert earlier, probably 6-7 combined platoons of NC/VS were battling over Xelas and Xelas South while the TR hellzerg ate up NC territory up to Sungerey. Did we worry though? No, because as soon as we were able to break the will of the VS they went to fight where they had lanes they could push aka the TR front meaning the hellzerg would devour itself and we could gobble up a victory. It probably felt like getting double teamed, but it was basically just a trap that your command fell for hook, line, and sinker. You had the lead at the time we put this in motion, and most of the VS/NC were tied up at Xelas. Had TR just played defensive they would've won.

Yeah but the carv, how can you expect TR to play with the carv?

Epic High Five posted:

Also:

DEATH TO THE IMPOSTORS

Seriously are they bragging about foot zerging? what is with TR and thinking it is a good idea to mass rush an enemy on the high ground. They loving love tactical ditches to, oh hey i got a good idea lets all spawn at the end of this ditch so VS can farm us as we run in a straight line funneled by loving canyon walls!

Arghy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 4, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

If you can't trick shot revive grenade on demand you should probably uninstall.

Off a wall out a window? No big deal :smugdog:

A Tartan Tory posted:

My favourite is intentionally bouncing them off enemy players to get them right where you need them to go.

I love doing this with AV grenades. AV 'nade bandolier HA has become my new favorite "gently caress you" loadout in chokepoint base fights.

Unrelated- Are EU retail boxed editions still being sold? I have a friend who wants one and I can't find anything other than one for $25 on ebay.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Arghy posted:

Yeah but the carv, how can you expect TR to play with the carv?

Seriously are they bragging about foot zerging? what is with TR and thinking it is a good idea to mass rush an enemy on the high ground. They loving love tactical ditches to, oh hey i got a good idea lets all spawn at the end of this ditch so VS can farm us as we run in a straight line funneled by loving canyon walls!

Self-hating fascism.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I saw BCP the day Hossin came out but not since. Did he quit again?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

vigorous sodomy posted:

I saw BCP the day Hossin came out but not since. Did he quit again?

Who cares.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Who cares.

Just curious is all.

Look. The top two outfits of the TR on Emerald are GOKU and NNG alt character outfits.

How abso-loving-lutely sad is that?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Teamwork is OP. So are TR guns.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Hopefully this is cool otherwise I'll delete it, but I'm trying to sell four SOE time cards over in the mart if anyone's interested. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647788

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

vigorous sodomy posted:

Just curious is all.

Look. The top two outfits of the TR on Emerald are GOKU and NNG alt character outfits.

Hm, didn't realize GOON had gotten so high. We weren't that high last time I checked but neato.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finally got my first aurax despite playing so long: The sirius. Guess now I should go get the eridani

:soe:

EDIT: If I buy a month of subscription and set it to reoccur, will I get my 500 SC now or will I have to wait till the next payment?

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 4, 2014

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaghskull posted:

Hm, didn't realize GOON had gotten so high. We weren't that high last time I checked but neato.

Honestly, the others should be ashamed. I'm sure SG is currently weeping into their swastika-embroidered handkerchiefs at the thought of a bunch of casuals like us doing better than them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gaghskull posted:

Could be higher if I trimmed the roster a bit but ehhhh :effort:

Or not, depending on how DA tracks these things.

But yeah we're pretty boss make no mistake

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This may seem like a dumb question, but do camoflauge patterns get applied to player-made helmets? I wanna get the Arctic Wolf helmet, but my character's wearing snow camoflauge so if he wanders out with a bright red head he'll look like some sort of weird fascist matchstick. I can't be a fashion dilemma in this game about mass infantry warfare!

E: It's occured to me that I can just check in VR zones. For the record: Yes they do :3:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 4, 2014

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Songbearer posted:

This may seem like a dumb question, but do camoflauge patterns get applied to player-made helmets? I wanna get the Arctic Wolf helmet, but my character's wearing snow camoflauge so if he wanders out with a bright red head he'll look like some sort of weird fascist matchstick. I can't be a fashion dilemma in this game about mass infantry warfare!

I haven't noticed any helmets that ignore camo, but I can't say for sure that there are none. You should always check out how that stuff looks in VR before buying anyways, though.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Epic High Five posted:

Also:

DEATH TO THE IMPOSTORS

I like this video because it gets across just how zergy this outfit really is on the live server.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

vigorous sodomy posted:

Just curious is all.

Drop the min members to 50 and the top TR outfit is SV0, or was a day or two ago. Look at KPH too, I find that a better indicator of who's getting work done than SPH - especially with the recent SPH inflation from boosts and member boosts (gotta love that +88% from a stacked squad.)

Keeshhound posted:

Honestly, the others should be ashamed. I'm sure SG is currently weeping into their swastika-embroidered handkerchiefs at the thought of a bunch of casuals like us doing better than them.

Man, it's pretty shameful how SG, the Crippled Mongoloid Legion and the Bad Lions score these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

A Tartan Tory posted:

Nothing in the game can change the flow of an infantry fight than a medic with 4 revive grenades, that's like 40 resses.

That's as many as 4 tens... and that's terrible a hell of a cert income.

• Locked thread