Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey Piper, think I saw you were scheduling an ACC game tonight. Will you be able to do our game here tonight also? I'll be free any time tonight starting around 6:45pm Eastern. I can play late tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

cletus42o posted:

Hey Piper, think I saw you were scheduling an ACC game tonight. Will you be able to do our game here tonight also? I'll be free any time tonight starting around 6:45pm Eastern. I can play late tonight.

can you go at exactly 7pm EST? My ACC game is 8pm EST

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Guys, I'm leaving for Colorado in the morning and I'll be gone until next Tuesday, so either AP or wait for me!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Piper posted:

can you go at exactly 7pm EST? My ACC game is 8pm EST
Yeah, I can - I can try to be online a little before that in case you're ready.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

cletus42o posted:

Yeah, I can - I can try to be online a little before that in case you're ready.

yeah i can play at 6:30 EST now.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

good game, Cletus.

A dropped 3rd down conversion before halftime and a foolish INT while rolling out when I should have thrown the ball away will haunt me. I gotta play near perfect when I'm trying to beat an A team with a B team and I certainly didn't do that. Also, Cletus figured out he could run the ball for 8 YPC every down in the 2nd half and that was a problem... That 3rd and 17 QB scramble was a real kick in the pants, too. You used to be all run and option but you've turned into a very smart passer, Cletus.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We should be good to advance now, right?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

good game, Cletus.

A dropped 3rd down conversion before halftime and a foolish INT while rolling out when I should have thrown the ball away will haunt me. I gotta play near perfect when I'm trying to beat an A team with a B team and I certainly didn't do that. Also, Cletus figured out he could run the ball for 8 YPC every down in the 2nd half and that was a problem... That 3rd and 17 QB scramble was a real kick in the pants, too. You used to be all run and option but you've turned into a very smart passer, Cletus.
Good game! Yeah, that dropped pass was a killer. Would have been a very different game, and what a simple pass for the game to decide it would get dropped.

This was my first game without Gardner as QB this season, so I really didn't want to put Morris to the test with a lot of option plays - he's a redshirt freshman if you can believe that after this game. So I was more cautious than usual with my passing plays, I think I only had one pass I really shouldn't have thrown. Luckily my HB is no slouch (he was just playing in Gardner's shadow all season), and you're right about me figuring out the running game in the 2nd half.

Not to add insult to injury, but here's the QB scramble that pretty much sealed the game. I would have had to kick a FG otherwise with too much time still on the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5ViVuAvKg

TWO MORE WEEKS, OHIO STATE

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

We should be good to advance now, right?

Anxious are we lol?

Advanced to Week 13!

User Matchups:
:siren: #8 UCLA (AF) @ #4 USC (Sly) :siren:
#17 NWU (Piper) @ #5 Mich St (Dio)

CPU Games:
Nebraska
OSU
Michigan

Byes:
Penn St (Wreckus)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, I can either play tonight or Tuesday. I know you're playing a game right now and 3 tonight is a bit much, but let me know

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Sly when do you want to play?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

AfterFather posted:

Sly when do you want to play?

My schedule this weekend starting now if very hit or miss so post when works for you and I'll let you know when would be best.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'll be free most nights after 10 and free all weekend.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I'll be free most nights after 10 and free all weekend.

How late tonight do you mean by after 10? Could go at 2 AM eastern later tonight (full disclosure I won't be drunk). Otherwise I could probably play Sunday afternoon but I won't know when until that day.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Really late. I'm up most nights.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Really late. I'm up most nights.

Look for me at 2AM eastern (10 hours 15 minutes from now)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC over UCLA 34-28. I gave myself what I thought was a comfortable 17 point lead before AF brings it to within 6 after a pick and a FG. Seemed like my Oline just dominated the whole game as my "bad" runs were 3 yards. In retrospect I should have gone for it on that 4&1 instead of kicking the FG as being up by 6 isn't much better than 3 late in the game (I'd rather encourage you to kick a FG than force you to score when you are throwing the ball well). GG AfterFather. Having the whole season be moot basically before this game is quite anxiety provoking.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can't wait until you guys join us in the B1G next season. Should make things interesting for Ohio State.

Let's try to advance after Piper and Dio play their game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

I can't wait until you guys join us in the B1G next season. Should make things interesting for Ohio State.

Let's try to advance after Piper and Dio play their game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the teams and conference alignments.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can play Tuesday when I get back

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Soooo my brand new apartment complex hosed up and did not supply me with power in my living room, therefore my setup with Time Warner has been delayed to next Saturday. If this problem can be fixed soon I'll try and get an earlier date scheduled for installation.

Please move forward with getting your games in because I will advance ASAP (assuming Dio & Piper duke it out of course).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Ohio State and Washington still have CPU games to play, other than the one user game happening around Tuesday.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

I can play Tuesday when I get back

Tuesday night is no good for me. Could you do Wednesday night?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yes that's fine

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It'll get done this week for sure.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Well poo poo. TWC can't come install my internet any sooner than 2-3pm CST on Saturday.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Piper posted:

Tuesday night is no good for me. Could you do Wednesday night?

I should be around tonight, but the earlier the better. Real depressed right now and probably going to take meds to force me to sleep tonight

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Diodeous posted:

I should be around tonight, but the earlier the better. Real depressed right now and probably going to take meds to force me to sleep tonight

Keep it together buddy, your internet football friends are here for you. Maybe this B1G championship game will be your time to shine.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Dio, I can play now or anytime over the next 3 hours

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Okay, I'm ready to go. I will jump on by like 8:35, so hopefully you see this message.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I went to bed pretty immediately after we played, but GG Piper. MSU started the game off by marching down the field, each play earning 8-10 yds a pop, but once I hit the red zone, Piper's defense got a crucial sack on a bad screen play and made me walk away with a FG. NU goes down the field, scores very quickly, and then I get the ball again, turn it over, and NU scores, making it 14-3 in the 1st. We trade shots back and forth, but I find some momentum and at half-time the game is 17-10. Piper gets the ball, scores quickly, makes it 24-10, but after that he never scores again. I get a couple of crucial stops on 3rd down and after a few attempts and and I manage to score and make the game 24-27. Piper plays a tight 4th quarter, but is undone by a late INT on my side of the field. I keep converting and use up most of the 4th to get down field in position to score again. I kneel and let the clock run out, MSU at home over NU 27-24. I managed to come back from a 14-pt deficit and a terrible first quarter to get back into this game. Proud to have won such a tough one.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Should I attempt to advance from the web?: [yay],[nay]

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

No, just wait til you get home. Advance from Web is a ho

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Home

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Then we'll have to wait until Saturday because I don't have internet at home yet.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
That's ok from my end, we are onto championship week next right? When do you want to go Zimbo? Sometime midafternoon works on Sunday or Saturday unless you are up super late Afterfather style. I may get some more times to play in the morning and midday if we decide not to go anywhere. I'll let you know.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Zimbo dropped a whole ago and I need to remove him. You'll likely have a user BCSCG instead.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
:saddowns: need a South Carolina loss. Go Clemson.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

That's ok from my end, we are onto championship week next right?
The Game is next week. Conference championships are the week after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

What do you mean by the game? I already won the state

• Locked thread