Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm sorry, but if they take out Xiahou Ba's rocket spear this Dynasty Warriors can go right back to me not playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Internet Friend posted:

My only complaint with the weapon selection is that there isn't another two instruments so I can roll around with a bodyguard band.

I will never understand why they gave Zhang Jiao an asparagus instead of the awesome microphone from DW7 as his joke weapon in this game. :smith:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
A few pages ago someone mentioned missing the old after battle replays. I miss that. I also miss the list of generals I defeated. But you know what I miss most? Having 8 bodyguards with crossbows. Having a personal roving firing squad was the poo poo man. Some battles I'd just sit back and watch 'em go.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I don't like that weapon that is just a bunch of flying swords. I thought it was a bug at first and my weapon just wasn't animating but its some weird sci-fi thing

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davincie posted:

I don't like that weapon that is just a bunch of flying swords. I thought it was a bug at first and my weapon just wasn't animating but its some weird sci-fi thing

Uh that might be a bug because either your flying swords are dancing all over the place or your fingers are broken.

Flying Swords own and are one of the few weapons that get legit good 5/6 star versions.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think he just means how the swords float in the air magically, not that they're not moving during attacks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Magic? In my Three Kingdoms themed game? I won't have it!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Magic? In my Three Kingdoms themed game? I won't have it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTtNhNyA_o

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

straight jerkers posted:

The Stamen DLC for Reborn might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a DW game. I don't even know what half of its attacks do.

Welcome to the hilarity that is 0083 mobile armors. :downs:

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
So in DWGR, if you set a playable pilot you own as your partner, they get points, right? Does setting a non-playable character as partner do anything for you points-wise or are you better off ignoring them unless you have every single playable pilot maxed out?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Another DWGR question: how do you get good plans and other than the card unlocks? The campaign on normal only goes up to D. Does playing on Hard make a huge difference? Are there a bunch of really tough missions hidden in Ultimate mode?

Same question for rare materials too.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Y'all fuckers talking poo poo about wingblades? You get to fight with a bigass canoe, that you can surf around on a giant wave. I won't hear it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Anonymous Robot posted:

Y'all fuckers talking poo poo about wingblades? You get to fight with a bigass canoe, that you can surf around on a giant wave. I won't hear it.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. The Canoe is awesome (Of which there is absolutely no question), therefore, the Wingblades (Which is a mediocre at best weapon, in my opinion) are awesome?

We are not saying it sucks because it is unrealistic, we are saying it sucks because it is bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Anonymous Robot posted:

Huang Gai's weapon is the Arm Blade.

Wingblades would be awesome if you had more control over where you ended up pingponging off to.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
poo poo, my bad. Canoe for life.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sindai posted:

Another DWGR question: how do you get good plans and other than the card unlocks? The campaign on normal only goes up to D. Does playing on Hard make a huge difference? Are there a bunch of really tough missions hidden in Ultimate mode?

You get better plan drops on missions with more stars. There are some pretty tough ones further down the list in ultimate mode, and eventually you get the option to manually set the stars on any stage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I've just finished building the Tongquetai in DW8XL's Ambition mode and the game cheerily informed me that some of my officers would leave, but why did nearly 800 of them have to go, I'm stuck with only Lu Bu, Diaochan, Dong Zhou, Cheng Gong and Lu Lingqi who I am playing as, and about 35 generic dudes.

Talk about clearing the field for the next part of ambition mode.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, you only get to keep a selection of playable officers from your current character's faction and that's considered the Lu Bu faction.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I'm sorry, but if they take out Xiahou Ba's rocket spear this Dynasty Warriors can go right back to me not playing it.

^^^
For real. you fuckers will take my finger razor wires from my cold dead hands. :black101:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So how do I increase morale in the second half of Ambition Mode? I kinda missed the tooltip saying how because I was a bit preoccupied fightin tons of dudes and the game won't let me redo the ambition mode tutorial. Now I'm always stuck at a slight disadvantage and it's getting annoying regaining playable officers whenever they flee.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
I decided to complete everything on the story mode section of DW8XL because I didn't realize there was so much content in there.

Just wrapped up Jin's section. I wasn't sure what those one-off stages were at the bottom, but boy did they end well.

THIS IS THE PERFECT MEAT BUN

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

-Dethstryk- posted:

Just wrapped up Jin's section. I wasn't sure what those one-off stages were at the bottom, but boy did they end well.

Those are the stages added in XL. If you were playing with just the expansion, those would be the only story mode stages available.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've discovered the best thing about cramming Gundam storylines into ~5 maps is the hilarious amount of deaths squeezed into the ends of Zeta and CCA.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think it's amusing that, if you're quick enough, you can even prevent at least one of them (You can stop Henken from dying in the Zeta finale if you kill Yazan fast enough).

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

-Dethstryk- posted:

I decided to complete everything on the story mode section of DW8XL because I didn't realize there was so much content in there.

THIS IS THE PERFECT MEAT BUN
I believe all the final XL stages for each faction are like that (I've only done Jin and Wei).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think it's amusing that, if you're quick enough, you can even prevent at least one of them (You can stop Henken from dying in the Zeta finale if you kill Yazan fast enough).

Sindai posted:

I've discovered the best thing about cramming Gundam storylines into ~5 maps is the hilarious amount of deaths squeezed into the ends of Zeta and CCA.

I can't put into words how salty I was when saving everyone at the colony laser fight didn't change the story at all in DWG2. I was hoping it'd throw in some weird hypothetical where I'd get Kamille in CCA, or have Emma stick around into ZZ. :smith:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Any tips on beating the last mission in the True Gundam Dynasty Warrior operation? Knight Gundam keeps kicking my poo poo it, that or some other random ace unit which turns up at just the wrong time.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Sindai posted:

I can't answer for materials, but in addition to what straight jerkers said, you also get good plans from getting 2.5, 5 or 10k kills with a suit dependent on its type - the more generic the suit, the lower the requirements. Certain suits (generally those belonging to newtypes) also get A rank plans for getting 5k kills with their pilot - IIRC, Char gives A-rank Zaku II and Amuro gives A-rank Nu Gundam plans.

Jibo posted:

Velocity helps everything but it really makes the crossbow way more usable.

Still probably the worst weapon, though.

Wheeled Halberd says hi.

Trollhawke fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 5, 2014

Kreittis
Jan 7, 2010

Foxhound? Houndfox.

drat, DWG:R is 51,99€. I think I'll pass since I know pretty much nothing about gundam and I'm not a big scifi fan.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just played the Char's counterattack story mode. They really nerfed the Nu gundam compared to all the previous games. Weak Musou and the c5 is not that good. I feel like the flagship gundams should all be pretty OP, its a single player game afterall

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Trollhawke posted:

Wheeled Halberd says hi.

Yue Jin and Li Dian both suck and I always laugh when they ambush me or whatever as they are about as easy as a generic to beat

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The most OP thing I've found so far is the Zaku II. No, seriously. Rank three Instant Hero makes it surprisingly mean, and you only need to use one to shoot down 2500 targets for an S-rank plan. I admit that I did invest a lot of resources into my Doom Zaku, but even on high difficulties, I can take out aces with two cracker grenades. Mobile armor parts that aren't broken are being held on by string and hopes. A handful of charged attacks spraying machine gun fire into crowds are all I need to start massive chain reactions that drain huge chunks of a field's gauge. It gets a little crazy.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

Yue Jin and Li Dian both suck and I always laugh when they ambush me or whatever as they are about as easy as a generic to beat

Yeah, two new officers that get a lot of screen time and they are both so incredibly uninteresting and ineffective. The best thing I can say about Yue Jin is that the grabs from his hook moves sometimes slow down my destruction by 2 or 3 seconds while he slings me around.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Fauxtool posted:

I just played the Char's counterattack story mode. They really nerfed the Nu gundam compared to all the previous games. Weak Musou and the c5 is not that good. I feel like the flagship gundams should all be pretty OP, its a single player game afterall

The trick with Nu Gundam is that the major damage in its first musou comes from the barrier coming up. Also, while its C5 is kinda weak, you can keep comboing while its going off letting you focus on separate things, and its C3 is pretty strong and useful for basic applications. I haven't seen its second Musou so can't really comment on what that's like.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinity Gaia posted:

The trick with Nu Gundam is that the major damage in its first musou comes from the barrier coming up. Also, while its C5 is kinda weak, you can keep comboing while its going off letting you focus on separate things, and its C3 is pretty strong and useful for basic applications. I haven't seen its second Musou so can't really comment on what that's like.

its a serviceable gundam, but by no means good compared to previous games or other gundams.

Its c5 used to be the same musou barrier that would nearly one shot commanders and then hang around for 10s blocking beams

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 6, 2014

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
So I hadn't bothered going into Free Mode until after I had started Ambition Mode and maxed out my blacksmith there, so I don't know if the Weapon Fusion option and 4 star weaponry were always there or if it was unlocked when I got it in Ambition Mode. If I start Ambition Mode over, do I lose those options?

Ambivalent posted:

Yeah, two new officers that get a lot of screen time and they are both so incredibly uninteresting and ineffective. The best thing I can say about Yue Jin is that the grabs from his hook moves sometimes slow down my destruction by 2 or 3 seconds while he slings me around.

Point of disagreement, I love the poo poo out of the dual hookblades EX because throwing up a dude into the air and then zipping around the air juggling him and all his buddies who got caught up in it is my idea of a good time.

But I can think of nothing good to say about wheeled halberd

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Trollhawke posted:

Wheeled Halberd says hi.

Psh. The wheeled halberd does more damage and doesn't actively push people away from you. Though the wheel itself will definitely walk away from you and your enemy.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

booksnake posted:

So I hadn't bothered going into Free Mode until after I had started Ambition Mode and maxed out my blacksmith there, so I don't know if the Weapon Fusion option and 4 star weaponry were always there or if it was unlocked when I got it in Ambition Mode. If I start Ambition Mode over, do I lose those options?

No. When you hit phase 2, you lose most of your allies but keep all your building upgrades. Unless you're talking about actually starting a new Ambition Mode game entirely, but why would you do that?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Allelujah's second musou is amazing. He just katamaris an entire field's worth of suits together into a big robot ball and then blows it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

straight jerkers posted:

Allelujah's second musou is amazing. He just katamaris an entire field's worth of suits together into a big robot ball and then blows it up.

Im still doing the ultra serious melodramatic story where 3 characters die each mission. I cant wait to just gently caress around with crazy gundams