Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

The Dave posted:

This post gave me douche chills.

Forward a copy of it to Gawker dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Peter North posted:

First off, you hosed up with that bitch when you was out taking pictures of her at 3 am like you was on a fuckin' safari! Who THE gently caress do you think you are, Ansel Adams, bitch? You ain't a photographer! AIN'T NOBODY TAKIN PICTURES AT 3 AM! HA HAAAAAAAAA! Jane Goodall rear end nigga! Ohh poo poo! And you been fuckin with being racist for SEVEN YEARS, they was just waiting to catch you slippin, dude. YOU GOT STATUES OF HITLER IN YOUR MANSION, NIGGA!

Did you think you was gonna get away with it just because you didn't call this bitch a nigga? 'They ain't people?' Ha haaaaaaaaa! NOBODYS SAYING THAT AND KEEPING THEIR JOB! You made it too easy for them dude! Lemme ask you... How olds that girl you been dating? 16? And you're, what, 62? Nigga you're 79 years old and you still don't know how to play THE GAME?!

Oh my god its like Patrice rose from the grave and got a something awful forums account. That is amazing. You should do this on other message boards. Do you do anyone else? You should do a show. Like Kevin Pollack would do Walken and then on a screen next to him will be what Patrice would say in response in text form. Like Patrice was backstage with dragon naturally speaking or something. But instead its you. This is amazing!

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

shyduck posted:

I'm bummed there's no show anymore. I'm not happy that he's fired. However, he pretty much was asking for this. Ant made it too easy, and once someone outside the show bubble latched on, it was game over.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up for me.

When the tabloids found out that busting people for racism created page clicks/ad views and they started looking for people to "out" as racists, everyone who paid the slightest bit of attention to the show (Sirius XM obviously didn't) knew that it was just a matter of time before they would discover the jackpot that is Anthony Cumia.

If the bosses told him years ago to keep his racism, "fun" and not vitriolic he wouldn't have been fired. I have cringed every time Sam in his pre show talks about how there is a story today about a black guy killing a kid or something and "they can't wait to get Ant's take on this", because I knew that something like this would eventually happen.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Peter North posted:

It was bad dawg.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Peter North posted:

First off, you hosed up with that bitch when you was out taking pictures of her at 3 am like you was on a fuckin' safari! Who THE gently caress do you think you are, Ansel Adams, bitch? You ain't a photographer! AIN'T NOBODY TAKIN PICTURES AT 3 AM! HA HAAAAAAAAA! Jane Goodall rear end nigga! Ohh poo poo! And you been fuckin with being racist for SEVEN YEARS, they was just waiting to catch you slippin, dude. YOU GOT STATUES OF HITLER IN YOUR MANSION, NIGGA!

Did you think you was gonna get away with it just because you didn't call this bitch a nigga? 'They ain't people?' Ha haaaaaaaaa! NOBODYS SAYING THAT AND KEEPING THEIR JOB! You made it too easy for them dude! Lemme ask you... How olds that girl you been dating? 16? And you're, what, 62? Nigga you're 79 years old and you still don't know how to play THE GAME?!

:stare:

Holy poo poo. You are him.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Peter North posted:

Cool, done. Thanks.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
He does these impersonations I swear youd think it was the real people!

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012
$10 Anthony is swole as gently caress this time next year

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This Charming Goat posted:

Aye, corpses do tend to bloat up.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Ironically Anthony's ex girlfriend got fired from XOJane recently because they found a bunch of videos and tweets of her being racist. She said it was his fault because she did them when she was dating him and he used mind control to MAKE her dress like a nazi and rant about lazy niggers waah.

I wonder if she'll talk about how now his spell is broken. Like a Long Island Voldemort.

I remember seeing her on LFTC, bored and doing her nails while Anthony drunkenly laughed at video clips.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Peter North posted:

The only thing missing from this is the awkward silence from Ant, and Opie trying to stand up and get simply rolled over in between gales of Patrice-fueled laughter. And if there were more people in the studio at the time, there would be people just wailing on Ant and him taking it just like he (apparently) takes physical beatdowns as well.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is loving great.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Droopy Goines posted:

When the tabloids found out that busting people for racism created page clicks/ad views and they started looking for people to "out" as racists, everyone who paid the slightest bit of attention to the show (Sirius XM obviously didn't) knew that it was just a matter of time before they would discover the jackpot that is Anthony Cumia.

There is a small but significance difference between the tabloids ragging on a celebrity for calling some TMZ reporter a fag and Anthony's full on racial tirade.

I do think we have a problem where if you bust everybody on minor things that aren't really that prejudice when you put them in context, then busting the true racists gives their defenders wiggle room to say that the media is out of control.

If Donald Sterling and Cumia were the only two big "Look at what this racist said" stories this year they'd be way more effective then every little slip of words making the headlines.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tomahawk posted:

I don't understand how you can be a fan of the show but not think that Anthony grinding the show to a halt literally every day for the past 4 years with ignorant racist bullshit and retard politics was a cancer to the funny show we all used to tune in to every morning.
I may not have agreed with Anthony's views but I was entertained to hear him talk about them honestly, since for obvious reasons no other show could really get away with speaking frankly like that. However I understand that I'm vastly in the minority on that and I'd really rather hear funny stuff like when he was riffing with Dan on pit bulls anyway.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Anthony gets mega-jacked and on several training programs, then gets beaten up by a woman in heels again. I'm down.

Gambit32
Feb 16, 2003

M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything.
I canceled my subs earlier in the weekend. Theyve been kept as a courtesy since I supported the company, even though I was listening from pirated mp3s.

100K shares of stock will be sold monday. Nice profit, since I bought around 6 cents.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sam said on Twitter he spent time with both of the people that gave him a career so I'm thinking Opie might have been at Ants party working poo poo out. It makes sense to me if they aren't meeting with the bosses till Tuesday.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

TwistedNails posted:

Sam said on Twitter he spent time with both of the people that gave him a career so I'm thinking Opie might have been at Ants party working poo poo out. It makes sense to me if they aren't meeting with the bosses till Tuesday.

Yeah I was trying to figure that one out too. It's possible that Sam met Opie and Anthony separately, or called one and met the other in person or some such, but if he did meet them together & the rest of the staff then that probably says good things about O&A sticking together down the road.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I will openly say I am not looking forward to anything Opie does by himself in the future, because I'm convinced it will include a multiplied effort to sell his self-marketed bullshit, like shirts and mugs. He'll passively aggressively talk about envelopes and whine more about not getting comps from companies.

Honestly, unless they somehow go back to riffing on news, audio, and staff fighting, I think I'm okay leaving the show as is. :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I do feel sorry for all the staff who weren't massive racists that have had their job thrown into question because Anthony is a loving dummy. Who will keep Sam feed Sam's wrestling figure addiction? :(

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Gambit32 posted:

I canceled my subs earlier in the weekend. Theyve been kept as a courtesy since I supported the company, even though I was listening from pirated mp3s.

100K shares of stock will be sold monday. Nice profit, since I bought around 6 cents.
Hahaha, cool story. What's the wifi connection like on your yacht?

Gambit32
Feb 16, 2003

M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything.

TwistedNails posted:

I didn't see Op in any photos of the party, and in the past he has said he has never been there. I think that since this was a big thing to celebrate Dawnie's 50th, that even though may have been murmurings, it was generally kept off-topic.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah I was trying to figure that one out too. It's possible that Sam met Opie and Anthony separately, or called one and met the other in person or some such, but if he did meet them together & the rest of the staff then that probably says good things about O&A sticking together down the road.

I don't know. A meeting with the entire staff would seem foreboding.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If they can do what Carolla did but on the East Coast it would be interesting. Create a little podcast network with themselves and other comedians based out of New York.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

O__O posted:

Good call. I'm sure the Opie Show will be hilarious.
I think what he's saying is the Opie and Anthony Show is the 80 year old free-spirited lady who suddenly has her kidneys die and has to be hooked up to a dialysis machine for the rest of her life. Sure, you can listen to her every day, but the life is clearly dead in her eyes and the most merciful thing would be to pull the plug.

Gonzo McFee posted:

hahahahahaha jesus christ

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Morter posted:

I will openly say I am not looking forward to anything Opie does by himself in the future, because I'm convinced it will include a multiplied effort to sell his self-marketed bullshit, like shirts and mugs. He'll passively aggressively talk about envelopes and whine more about not getting comps from companies.
Opie actually just made a post about what he intends to do in the future here:

https://bit.ly/1f7oGhe

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I think what he's saying is the Opie and Anthony Show is the 80 year old free-spirited lady who suddenly has her kidneys die and has to be hooked up to a dialysis machine for the rest of her life. Sure, you can listen to her every day, but the life is clearly dead in her eyes and the most merciful thing would be to pull the plug.

The Opie and Anthony show is Fez?!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Ant's brother tweeted that the show's done.

quote:

I don't think there'll be any more live broadcasts. My opinion. A well informed 1. #DumpYourSub

https://twitter.com/JosephCumia/status/485820494696837121

I'll be really surprised if Opie & Jim walk after their meeting. Leaving money on the table and loving over the staff doesn't seem like something they'd do.

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

Lovechop posted:

Opie actually just made a post about what he intends to do in the future here:

https://bit.ly/1f7oGhe

Every. loving. Time.

I hope you get hit by a car.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'll be really surprised if Opie & Jim walk after their meeting. Leaving money on the table and loving over the staff doesn't seem like something they'd do.

Reading the replies to that tweet, I am quite amazed they don't understand why Sirius would fire him?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cory Lidle posted:

The Opie and Anthony show is Fez?!

The Opie & Fez show.

More bitching about management. More plugs. More one liners that aren't funny.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What kind of deals do they offer when you cancel? If it's just a month (which I think it was in the past), screw that.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Call Me Charlie posted:

Ant's brother tweeted that the show's done.

Jimmy describing the shows friends and family as "trusted idiots" is really fitting.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

My wife wants them to hire Ant back, but only because I've spent the last couple of days throwing out "waddle doodle" and "bone dryyyy-eh"s out left and right.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Blacks aren't people, I guess that's why they're dragged behind cars.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Niwrad posted:

What kind of deals do they offer when you cancel? If it's just a month (which I think it was in the past), screw that.

Just today they offered me 2 months alongside a refund of the 3 months for which I had just been billed.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gambit32 posted:

That'll show 'em.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TwistedNails posted:

Sam interned for Scorch back in the day, right? I think I figured out who Ant's replacement is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gambit32 posted:

6 Cents a share? That is a tad hard to believe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

TL posted:

That'll show 'em.

He'll be coming out with over 300,000! He can buy and sell this rinky dink website.

• Locked thread