Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Dicky B posted:

Hahaha crush a can for jay owen ahahaha lmao

hahahahaha funny computer joke hahaha mac os hahaha lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

wuat posted:

hahahahaha funny computer joke hahaha mac os hahaha lmao

I bet you're a real thrill at parties

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Soulex posted:

I bet you're a real thrill at parties

thank you

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The can crush sure got some nerds angry, and that's a success, and a good grief, in this goon's opinion

serbp
Nov 30, 2013

Dicky B posted:

Hahaha crush a can for jay owen ahahaha lmao

I don't know if you meant this towards me, but I didn't mean the can crush stuff was what I liked. I meant things like the jailbreak servers and stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1bdMxCRUs. I never watched the livestreams so I didn't even know the can crush stuff until a long time later.

serbp fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 6, 2014

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

serbp posted:

I don't know if you meant this towards me, but I didn't mean the can crush stuff was what I liked. I meant things like the jailbreak servers and stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1bdMxCRUs. I never watched the livestreams so I didn't even know the can crush stuff until a long time later.

Nah he's talking about wuat, the guy who dug up real life info on a girl to get her phone number, call her up, call her fat and ugly, then post it on the internet, then complain loudly that people didn't find it very hilarious and good.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

quote:

must post an example or die

boy howdy this all sounds awfully close to what closed this thread the first time

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

But if this thread were closed where would I post all these epic griefs??

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

Can you still kick people right before the end of a heist? That was really popular a few weeks after launch.

You absolutely can, and it still gives them nothing. Though if the Payday 2 thread here on the forums is any indication, it's currently pubbies doing this to goons overwhelmingly more often than it is goons doing it to pubbies. From a reaction perspective it's also kind of uninteresting because they obviously can't communicate with you after the kick, so you end up just sort of settling for 'man that guy must be SO MAD right now'.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Nah he's talking about wuat, the guy who dug up real life info on a girl to get her phone number, call her up, call her fat and ugly, then post it on the internet, then complain loudly that people didn't find it very hilarious and good.

I forgot that my name was hats! That's really weird, thanks for informing me, that I am actually hats, and not wuat.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ma1tacWFxU

Control Volume posted:

It was hilarious ponyboy.

circlen
Mar 21, 2009

Control Volume posted:

But if this thread were closed where would I post all these epic griefs??

s/these epic griefs/this dumb sperg poo poo and non-griefing content/

Goons haven't griefed anyone or anything since GiTT, and that fell apart after nerds like you showed up.

Speaking of real griefing though we had some fun yesterday on The Ship antagonizing nerds into killing us and getting themselves banned for 30 minutes on the first ban (and doubling every ban after that). Man I wish that game had mic chat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Coolguye posted:

You absolutely can, and it still gives them nothing. Though if the Payday 2 thread here on the forums is any indication, it's currently pubbies doing this to goons overwhelmingly more often than it is goons doing it to pubbies. From a reaction perspective it's also kind of uninteresting because they obviously can't communicate with you after the kick, so you end up just sort of settling for 'man that guy must be SO MAD right now'.

Even then it has become a lot less prevalent than it used to be. I think people generally either never realized it was possible due to being part of the infusion of new blood into the game or just realized that the potential for lulz was so low just for the very reason you brought up. It's not fun to dick someone over if you can't see how they react to it, after all.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

It's ironic how defensive and petty the mygot people in this thread get if you dare to suggest that maybe some of what they do is actually not that good. The way they all show up at once in a little gang is really funny.

I enjoy most of the videos you guys post but wow chill out it's ok that people have opinions. You can't expect to please everybody.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Holy poo poo, mygot is still a thing? I figured that would have died out years ago.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Dicky B posted:

It's ironic how defensive and petty the mygot people in this thread get if you dare to suggest that maybe some of what they do is actually not that good. The way they all show up at once in a little gang is really funny.

I enjoy most of the videos you guys post but wow chill out it's ok that people have opinions. You can't expect to please everybody.

At least this is the most activity the thread's had in the last 6 months :greencube:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe we should just kill this thread and go through it and repost a new thread with the best stories which we can all pretend we haven't heard before.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TheSpiritFox posted:

Well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe we should just kill this thread and go through it and repost a new thread with the best stories which we can all pretend we haven't heard before.

Hey guys I've heard of this new game called Space Station 13, anyone have any stories from playing it? :kiddo:

E.

Dicky B posted:

Is that what that was? I just thought that mygot was just a bunch of internet shitheads, I didn't know they hung around here.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 7, 2014

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

TheSpiritFox posted:

thats a good idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijgmO4A-Re0

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 7, 2014

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hey guys I've heard of this new game called Space Station 13, anyone have any stories from playing it? :kiddo:

there's a new thing where people mix the ingredients for a flashbang powder with a bottle of beer and then chug it, causing them to constantly emit flashbangs that stun everyone who can see them

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Knocking off the meta-commentary always helps this thread a lot. If you think something's stupid just don't reply to it. The entire benefit of a thread like this is that not every story needs to be a huge hit. Just chill and go with the flow.

In keeping with my own advice I'm now going to go back to ignoring the unfunny grief stories and the even more unfunny people who are failing to be more clever than the people posting the unfunny grief stories.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I disagree

circlen
Mar 21, 2009

Dicky B posted:

You can't expect to please everybody.

And nerds that post sanctimoniously in response to videos or other griefing content can't expect to walk away from a big steaming pile of smug shitposting without getting chided.

On another note: 6-10 nerds packed in a stairwell on most maps from The Ship makes for some angry nerds

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

except for the part where you guys threw a shitfit because people didnt like your videos, that was pretty good

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Control Volume posted:

except for the part where you guys threw a shitfit because people didnt like your videos, that was pretty good

Thanks for your opinion, we'll surely take it into consideration in the future, and will read through all your posts to become a master griefer, such as yourself!

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Control Volume posted:

when did that happen

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

g0t_hats posted:

when did that happen

At the part where you registered an account to defend your lovely video

The best grief of all is griefing idiots into paying :10bux:

Good work, goons

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Magres posted:

Good work, goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSC_VjVhpok

more griefing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynokupA87Yw

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 7, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

You're so cool.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Tracula posted:

You're so cool.

thank you

circlen
Mar 21, 2009

Magres posted:

Good work, goons

At least he didn't buy an avatar and a title, he'd look as spergy as you.

On a less spergy note: just got 3 kids banned by exploiting a poorly designed ATM addon on Garry's Mod, giving them the fruits of my wreckage and antagonizing the 15 year old transgendered administrator until she reset everyone's money and took away a few kids' VIP positions. I guess I'm "talentless" like that one nerd said. Yeah, that one that also used the word "lulz" in one of his more recent posts.

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

circlen posted:

At least he didn't buy an avatar and a title, he'd look as spergy as you.

On a less spergy note: just got 3 kids banned by exploiting a poorly designed ATM addon on Garry's Mod, giving them the fruits of my wreckage and antagonizing the 15 year old transgendered administrator until she reset everyone's money and took away a few kids' VIP positions. I guess I'm "talentless" like that one nerd said. Yeah, that one that also used the word "lulz" in one of his more recent posts.

Goons are babies about stuff like griefing now it seems.

Kind of surprised this thread is still active after that one mod killed it.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

The Daltony posted:

Goons are babies about stuff like griefing now it seems.

Kind of surprised this thread is still active after that one mod killed it.

This thread is going the way of the dodo it would seem anyway, which is a pity as I wont be able to read anymore spacestation 13 stories,

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 7, 2014

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

boy do I

So I joined a round of my favourite spaceman game late, and clearly some poo poo had been going down cause some dork security officer was throwing around a million credits in the bar.

So I stole it. Obviously. Nearly got away with it, too, but he hit me with his stun baton as I fled the scene, then dragged me off to security.

quote:

Tyson Hughes says, "hey"
Tyson Hughes says, "man jackson"
Tyson Hughes says, "heres your milli"
Without even breaking stride, Tyson Hughes flips open and lights the Zippo lighter in one smooth movement.
Tyson Hughes throws 1000000 Credits.
Tyson Hughes says, "go pick it up"

The bastard had set it on fire! But luckily, I still had my starting wage - a stack of 100 credits - in my pocket, and I quickly merged the burning million with the nice, not-on-fire 100, creating a nice clean million and a burning stack of 100 that got left behind (1 million being the maximum amount you can have in a single stack).

Unfortunately, he saw me shove the million into my backpack, and wasn't going to let me get away with it. With me trapped in the security lobby, it was no effort at all for him to pull out a flash and blind me into unconsciousness. While I was down, he searched my bag and pulled out the million credits.

Then lit it on fire and threw it on the floor again. What a dick.

But I had recovered! Rising to my feet, I grabbed the million and split a single credit off from it, creating a new, non-burning stack of 1 credit and a burning stack of 999,999. Then I simply merged that 999,999 into the 1 credit and voila, a million credits safely not on fire.

Now to make my escape, and by a stroke of luck it just so happened that the door to Officer Beepsky's house was open! The door's covered by plastic flaps that bots pass through freely but block humans, but a little limbo can get through those and into safety. The sec officer couldn't or wouldn't follow me in, so I was home free!

...Except that handling the burning money had set me on fire, and I was getting dangerously low on health. Another limbo out the other door got me to a handy fire extinguisher, but the damage was done - I was in critical health, and once in the corridor all I could do was stagger around calling for help.

And guess who showed up to give me a hand? Only the security officer again, with detective in tow and stun baton at the ready. I quickly pushed him down but collapsed before I could grab the baton, and the detective took the opportunity to stun me with it. As the officer cuffed me, I gasped my last few words.

quote:

Man Jackson gasps, "IIII wiiillll ddddiiee iihhoouutttt mmeddddiiiccaall aatttteeenntttiioonn"
Man Jackson gasps, "WWhheeenn I ddiee"
Man Jackson gasps, "it''ss oonn yoooou"
Tyson Hughes says, "he stole money"
˙!Tyson Hughes has added 1000000 Credits to the backpack!
Man Jackson gasps, "mmuureerreeerr"
˙!You have given up life and succumbed to death.

But! Helpful scientist Eric Jesse had turned up by now, and dragged me off to the cloner, where geneticist Jim Avernum was happy to scan me in and start my cloning going. Would I see a second life, a second chance to get away with the grand prize? No, because I didn't really feel like it and succumbed in the cloner. Doing that makes you die, then your corpse pops out, wobbles and explode into horrible gibs. There's no coming back from that one. But I had the last laugh!

quote:

DEAD: Ghost (Man Jackson) wails, "gently caress it, I value making a mess in genetics over actually playing the game"
Jim Avernum says, "WHAT THE"
Eric Jesse says, "JIM"
Eric Jesse says, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"
Eric Jesse [145.9] says, "Detective's a traitor"
Eric Jesse [145.9] says, "he beat some dude to death then turned off the cloner while he was being cloned"

Yep, I'd accidentally convinced Eric that the (totally innocent) detective had murdered and then remurdered me. Fantastic.

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

Foul Ole Ron posted:

This thread is goinf the way of the dodo it woukd seem anyway, which is a pity as I wont be able to read anymore spacestation 13 stories.

Yeah man this thread was one of the reasons I even joined SA nearly 4 years ago, quite a shame.

In other news, apparently that group Goroncity is making videos again? I remember those being funny when I was a teenager.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

The Daltony posted:

Yeah man this thread was one of the reasons I even joined SA nearly 4 years ago, quite a shame.

In other news, apparently that group Goroncity is making videos again? I remember those being funny when I was a teenager.

It's a long story, yeah they're back for the most part. Some funny videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2yn0eMyO4

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

circlen posted:

s/these epic griefs/this dumb sperg poo poo and non-griefing content/

circlen posted:

s/Jehovah's Witness/urban African-American Male/
s/Pro Nazi/average/
s/1942/DoD:S/

I hope my sed usage doesn't offend anyone.

quote:

sed (stream editor) is a Unix utility that parses and transforms text, using a simple, compact programming language. sed was developed from 1973 to 1974 by Lee E. McMahon of Bell Labs,[1] and is available today for most operating systems.[2] sed was based on the scripting features of the interactive editor ed ("editor", 1971) and the earlier qed ("quick editor", 1965–66). sed was one of the earliest tools to support regular expressions, and remains in use for text processing, most notably with the substitution command. Other options for doing "stream editing" include AWK and Perl.

ahahahahahahhaha
did you try to own me using linux

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dabir posted:

boy do I

So I joined a round of my favourite spaceman game late, and clearly some poo poo had been going down cause some dork security officer was throwing around a million credits in the bar.

So I stole it. Obviously. Nearly got away with it, too, but he hit me with his stun baton as I fled the scene, then dragged me off to security.

The bastard had set it on fire! But luckily, I still had my starting wage - a stack of 100 credits - in my pocket, and I quickly merged the burning million with the nice, not-on-fire 100, creating a nice clean million and a burning stack of 100 that got left behind (1 million being the maximum amount you can have in a single stack).

Unfortunately, he saw me shove the million into my backpack, and wasn't going to let me get away with it. With me trapped in the security lobby, it was no effort at all for him to pull out a flash and blind me into unconsciousness. While I was down, he searched my bag and pulled out the million credits.

Then lit it on fire and threw it on the floor again. What a dick.

But I had recovered! Rising to my feet, I grabbed the million and split a single credit off from it, creating a new, non-burning stack of 1 credit and a burning stack of 999,999. Then I simply merged that 999,999 into the 1 credit and voila, a million credits safely not on fire.

Now to make my escape, and by a stroke of luck it just so happened that the door to Officer Beepsky's house was open! The door's covered by plastic flaps that bots pass through freely but block humans, but a little limbo can get through those and into safety. The sec officer couldn't or wouldn't follow me in, so I was home free!

...Except that handling the burning money had set me on fire, and I was getting dangerously low on health. Another limbo out the other door got me to a handy fire extinguisher, but the damage was done - I was in critical health, and once in the corridor all I could do was stagger around calling for help.

And guess who showed up to give me a hand? Only the security officer again, with detective in tow and stun baton at the ready. I quickly pushed him down but collapsed before I could grab the baton, and the detective took the opportunity to stun me with it. As the officer cuffed me, I gasped my last few words.

But! Helpful scientist Eric Jesse had turned up by now, and dragged me off to the cloner, where geneticist Jim Avernum was happy to scan me in and start my cloning going. Would I see a second life, a second chance to get away with the grand prize? No, because I didn't really feel like it and succumbed in the cloner. Doing that makes you die, then your corpse pops out, wobbles and explode into horrible gibs. There's no coming back from that one. But I had the last laugh!

Yep, I'd accidentally convinced Eric that the (totally innocent) detective had murdered and then remurdered me. Fantastic.

Hahaha I remember reading a story in the SS13 thread from a newbie who got Chaplain his first round. He's tootling around trying to figure out the damned controls to SS13 when a guy stumbles in the door, mostly dead, and just says "YOUUUUUUUUUUU YOU DIIIDDD THIIISSSSSSSSS" then exploded, splattering gibs everywhere and coating the Chapel in gore. Poor guy was completely bewildered.

About five posts later, the traitor pipes in saying he had been traitoring with a belly full of microbombs, gotten shot up by the Detective, and decided he'd make a last hurrah out of it by finding someone, blaming them, and exploding just to scare the gently caress out of them and confuse them.

I love reading about SS13

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Control Volume posted:

ahahahahahahhaha

Pretty sure sed is available in OSX whis is UNIX™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Control Volume posted:

ahahahahahahhaha

dude nobody cares about your stupid slapfight, give it a rest and post some griefs instead

• Locked thread