Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

The Ape of Naples posted:

I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. Jeff Ulric said they didn't make any money off of the PPP. They may risk doing it again and I hope they do but it's not certain.

Also Andy Daly said that the PPP only came about because he had this weird gap in his schedule when Comedy Central sat on Review for about a year so they could get the budget to market it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's a good sign for it coming back.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Help Im Alive posted:

From the reddit ama thing he did ages ago: "Scott, Jason and I fully intend to finish what was started in the Gil & Golly episode. I'd look for it this summer!"

I'm betting it being episode #300 which just so happens to be around the corner.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Eel hovercraft posted:

I'm betting it being episode #300 which just so happens to be around the corner.

I thought they were going to Whomp it up! for #300 with another pool party. They could do both.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I don't

Cloks posted:

I thought they were going to Whomp it up! for #300 with another pool party. They could do both.

I don't think the show could support the weight of the Womplerverse combining with the Daly\Manzoukas timeline.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

The Senator Giroux posted:

I don't think the show could support the weight of the Womplerverse combining with the Daly\Manzoukas timeline.

They already kinda have, thanks to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

thefncrow posted:

I thought about that, but I feel like the Manzoukas/Daly CBB appearances are their own continuity altogether.

(I think too much about these podcasts)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thefncrow posted:

I hope Falcon comes back.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Scott mentioned in the AMA that the continuation of the Daly-verse would drop around episode 300.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm doing a cross-country trip with my big sis in a couple months (New York to Oregon). If I had to pick a must-hear CDR/CBB episode to break her in with, what do you reckon it would be? I kinda think the first Time Bobby episode, maybe?

As much as I love Daly and Adomian, I think peak PFT is the way to go.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I dunno, I started my girlfriend off with Daly and inadvertently ended with the Cavalcade of Andy Daly suicides and it was the most rewarding thing ever.

The 3rd (I think?) anniversary with Traci, Wompler, and the debut of the Bachelor Bros is a nice sampler with some amazing bits.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Farts and Procreation is my choice for road trips.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

The Senator Giroux posted:

I dunno, I started my girlfriend off with Daly and inadvertently ended with the Cavalcade of Andy Daly suicides and it was the most rewarding thing ever.

The 3rd (I think?) anniversary with Traci, Wompler, and the debut of the Bachelor Bros is a nice sampler with some amazing bits.

I agree, but it's actually the 4th and 5th anniversary shows that have that lineup. The 5th has a closing sentiment off, but the 4th has the funniest appearance the Bachelor Brothers have made so far.

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm doing a cross-country trip with my big sis in a couple months (New York to Oregon). If I had to pick a must-hear CDR/CBB episode to break her in with, what do you reckon it would be? I kinda think the first Time Bobby episode, maybe?

I don't think Time Bobby is the greatest thing to introduce someone to CBB with, it's mostly them trying to trip each other up with how weird and dumb their improv can get and I don't really think it's all that great even though I like everyone involved. If you get a chance to play her multiple ones, besides what was recommended above I'd say Two Thumbs & Not Much Else, which is episode 229 I believe, and Series Regulars, which is episode 174, are great examples of when Scott and the guests are just on fire and it never stops being funny. The first Farts and Pro is one of those, too.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
My go-tos are Dip Didda Dip Dow! and Wipeout, and the early holiday eps with Colin Hanks and Jon Hamm. People like to have a name they recognize when they're going in.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

Time Bobby is a bad choice. Go with something that has a guest a non-podcast nerd would actually recognize, like Amy Poehler's episode with Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian. There's been like 300 episodes; stay away from episodes with recurring characters.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Time Bobby is a bad choice. Go with something that has a guest a non-podcast nerd would actually recognize, like Amy Poehler's episode with Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian. There's been like 300 episodes; stay away from episodes with recurring characters.

That episode is one of my favs but Leykis might be a major turnoff for some.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'd second playing an episode with a well-known celebrity since that's how I first got into CBB. I think that episode was the Poehler/Mantzoukas/Adomian one because my god it was awesome.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Weird Al episodes and Bob Ducca episodes have been huge successes for me, followed by Hot Dog and Chip Gardner.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

If they're comedy savvy do Series Regulars.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

The Adam Palley and Andy Samberg episode works pretty good as an intro.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Hi guys, just started listening to this podcast, and I was wondering if there were any universally awesome episodes that I should listen to in the backlog? I'm also wanting to share this with another person and want to get them hooked too!

Texibus fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 7, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Texibus posted:

Hi guys, just started listening to this podcast, and I was wondering if there were any universally awesome episodes that I should listen to in the backlog? I'm also wanting to share this with another person and want to get them hooked too!

Listen to the year end best-ofs, most of the segments they highlight are from episodes that were great all the way through. In general, people love anything andy daly is in, paul f thompkins is normally really funny even if you do not like a character he is doing, and james adomian is also great in general. Jessica st clair and lauren lapkus are also stand outs who are funny just about every time they appear.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
In case you haven't listened to the plugs section of this week's (decent) CBB, :siren: new Analyze Phish this week!

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Anything with Jason Mantzoukas is a safe bet too. Same with Harris Wittels.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Texibus posted:

Any episode with Andy Daly as a guest - but make sure you go in order! Like many CBB regulars his characters develop their own internal continuity over time, with some fantastic pay offs.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

I think Time Bobby is the right choice.

Texibus posted:

Listen to the year end Best Ofs.

Wait, maybe the Best Ofs would work for the first question too...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the Best Ofs are generally pretty well cut for people who've not heard the episodes before, rather than just reminding people of fun times.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I heard about one of the Opie and Anthony hosts being fired (http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/opie-and-anthony-host-goes-on-racist-tirade-on-twitter-calls?bffbtop) and my first thought is What Would Gino Do?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This weeks CBB felt cluttered. Lots of people on.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Definitely include the episode with Harris Wittels and Adam Scott doing that Carl Sjunior bit to your CBB intro list.

EDIT: whups, I guess that was the already mentioned Farts and Procreation. I guess do the Adam Pally/Andy Samberg bro episodes.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 8, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think you have to include the Shelly Driftwood episode too

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Also worth checking out: 'A Worthy Uhhh' and 'Climbing The Ladder'. Björk dissing Ben Schwartz mercilessly never gets old for me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Eel hovercraft posted:

Also worth checking out: 'A Worthy Uhhh'

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

I also really like the episode with Chris Fairbanks and Werner H: #189 The Pancake Man

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

The writer's for CBB the show were on I4H a few weeks back and not surprisingly Paul Rust turns it into a literal poo poo show, all I'll say is Sonic the Hedgehog gets involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USh-KxOaXIc

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
The new Weird Al album comes out Tuesday, I wonder if that has anything to do with next week's episode coming out on Tuesday instead of Monday...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's time for the return of Weirder Scott

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Paul Scheer reading restaurant reviews of foreign Chuck 'E Cheeses is my clip of the year so far.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Droppin Wallets is a classic that I recently re-discovered, good guests, good bits and the song at the end is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

DJ Dougpound is pretty good, yah