Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Umiapik posted:

Jesus gently caress people: if I'm firing at an enemy and you run in front of me to see what I'm shooting at, I WILL hit you in the head and kill you. This is your fault, not mine. Stupid loving retards.

I'm sorry, I can't help it. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
In other news, I've finally invested in a rocket launcher with lock-on capabilities and gently caress me, what a difference! Finally being able to one-shot Scythes is so, so satisfying :D

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
2xp is over :qq:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

May it return again soon.

I didn't quite find a Certopia this weekend, but last night MercenaryS were on Hossin dropping the same base with MAX's over and over again and my AV Grenade Bandolier managed to get me to a point where I could see Certopia in the distance and the path leading up was not unrewarding.

Also brought the Marauder Harasser out of Mothballs and it did pretty good. It's no PPA, but on Hossin the terrain can favour it now and then as long as you stay WELL away from any tanks.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well that was a productive double xp weekend. I managed to finally get a repair sundie certed up (or, at least, the repair part of it), as well as kitted out the Lib, finished up some random misc. class stuff.

I need more certs.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

On Connery I always look for SWAT or JENK. 9 times out of 10 it's a guaranteed certopia. Except when that 10th time is when they're rolling as part of a hellzerg where the only chance you get to kill more than one without instantly being cut down by a hundred BR 20s is when they hit a tower base, where they begin to bunch up for easy AV grenade kills.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.
Just started playing this weekend and tried all 3 factions. Found out I really enjoy the way TR stuff is the best. Is there any goon presence on TR side Emerald server or am I stuck with pubbies forever?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

RiffRoff posted:

Just started playing this weekend and tried all 3 factions. Found out I really enjoy the way TR stuff is the best. Is there any goon presence on TR side Emerald server or am I stuck with pubbies forever?

You will regret this decision.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RiffRoff posted:

No dedicated one. K0TH is pretty active when I'm on my TR but seems pretty dead otherwise. Considering the interest I may try to get some non-goons in to shore up numbers for our TR guys

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

West007 posted:

You will regret this decision.

Well NC feels clunky and slow to me. VS feels weak and makes me feel like I'm playing a race of edgy teenagers who should be listening to My Chemical Romance.

I like the Imperial Guard and speedy feel of TR :shrug:

Epic High Five posted:

No dedicated one. K0TH is pretty active when I'm on my TR but seems pretty dead otherwise. Considering the interest I may try to get some non-goons in to shore up numbers for our TR guys

Good to know thanks, I'll post up with some pubbies for now then unless something gets started.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

RiffRoff posted:

Well NC feels clunky and slow to me. VS feels weak and makes me feel like I'm playing a race of edgy teenagers who should be listening to My Chemical Romance.

I like the Imperial Guard and speedy feel of TR :shrug:

Good to know thanks, I'll post up with some pubbies for now then unless something gets started.

You should really just go and play with GOKU or GOON (VS and NC respectively). I played with pubbies for a few months on Connery TR way back when because the goon group there was pretty much dead on arrival and when I finally said gently caress it and joined up with GOKU my enjoyment of the game loving skyrocketed.

Having better guns is absolutely not worth playing solo or with pubbies and you will not have a fun time if you do so.

Edit: Also, you're going to get real tired of getting curbstomped constantly by us (GOKU) if you pub it up with the TR.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

There are a few good outfits on TR Emerald, just no goon ones. Avoid 382, ODMN, AOD, BWC, VG, and AOD.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Westy543 posted:

There are a few good outfits on TR Emerald, just no goon ones. Avoid 382, ODMN, AOD, BWC, VG, and AOD.

And also AOD.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Fuzz posted:

And also AOD.

I heard Angels of Darkness were pretty lovely, and most goons are of the opinion that you should stay out of that outfit, complete garbo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Westy543 posted:

Please name the good ones lol.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mark Brouhard posted:

I would but I think emptyquoting is probably probatable.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, we're probably going to at best reccomend 'Seriously, just roll VS or NC' and at worst say 'Nobody, stop punishing yourself'. :v:

Moxieclock1
Apr 3, 2010
There are a few good outfits left on TR but they are all miniscule at this point and not enough bodies to win anything, If I could I'd transfer over to VS in a heartbeat but as it stands I'll probably just stop playing like a lot of TR.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It's all I did, really - I just abandoned my BR40'ish TR and just started again as Vanu. It's a hell of a lot quicker because you know how to keep yourself in fights the second time, and don't waste so much time following slow, stupid zergs about. If you have it, your Alpha Squad boost refreshes on new characters too. (Not certain if this is intentional, but it keeps happening)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mark Brouhard posted:

Just join K0TH. Maybe we'll get enough Goons to be a small force but at the very least it keeps you out of terrible TR outfits. You can always just a pub platoon if you want to feel like people have your back (But don't really)

Acceptance to K0TH comes with a complimentary TORQ and Pounder MAX. Which you have to buy yourself because we're not made of TORQ's and Pounder MAX's.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Double XP weekends are a great opportunity to experiment with an exchange program. It's how I jumped from NC to VS via leveling up through engineer and medic. I have a couple BR 50+ characters... Uh, and the SC sales helped kickstart things with a Lancer/Lasher purchase. Look for double XP or drop boosts from promotions on your alternate characters.
A lot of the stock weapons are versatile and powerful. The only infantry weapon particularly lacking is the default launcher. A lot of people recommend picking up a lock-on launcher so you can respond to aircraft without dropping resources on a single-burster MAX.
Some of the vehicle weapons are surprisingly cheap for their effect. 250 certs for Magrider PPA? That's a steal. Any gunner you have on that thing will love you for it. (Also Saron, but everyone uses a Saron already to cover your infantry-farming tank usually.)

I still play both sides because NC weapons are too much fun to use. Every gun feels like firing full-auto cinder blocks, but too many NC still run from fights that would be lucrative whether or not they're winning the nanowar. It's not nearly as bad anymore due to the server merge though. Also have an alt on TR that I barely use with a play style I'd never normally do as a dedicated infiltrator.

The grind isn't nearly as bad as it was in the past. Log in during prime time and join an outfit. Print certs with your rez tool and rez nades as medic in biofarm fights and in general. Take the dive. You aren't going to have a good time by dreading the game versus actually playing it.

Erata fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 7, 2014

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Moxieclock1 posted:

There are a few good outfits left on TR but they are all miniscule at this point and not enough bodies to win anything, If I could I'd transfer over to VS in a heartbeat but as it stands I'll probably just stop playing like a lot of TR.

Just start over in NC or VS. Both of our goon outfits are great and will get your back through BR 50 in no time at all. Much better than smashing your head against the rock wall of racism that is TR.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
My main is TR and there are a couple of good outfits left on Emerald, don't listen to goons. Of course it's harder to conquer territory as TR nowadays, but that doesn't mean you will be bored or whatever. Just find fun fights and shoot space dudes.

Relatively competent TR outfits are QPRO, SRCT, LUXE, ECUS, DD12 (if you're MLG enough) and TRAF.

They don't have the numbers to outweigh 382 and AOD though, so if you think you'll get frustrated at losing territory don't join TR.

edit: those are mostly Waterson outfits, I haven't become really acquainted with the Mattherson outfits, but I think BRGL and BWC may be good.

JuancitoEfectivo fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 7, 2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

RiffRoff posted:

Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald. Do not play TR on Emerald.

I've retired by BR 65 TR main because Emerald TR is such an insufferable wasteland of morons and bad. I've started over in VS and already my K/D is at a solid 3 and I'm only level 20. It's funny how much better you get when you can roll with even semi-competent players, like the kind found in the majority of VS squads.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 7, 2014

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So, with the talk of merging the EU servers (again), is the game struggling? I normally play for a day or two and burn out quickly, but was thinking of jumping in again.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

5RB is a nice outfit that has some real stand up guys who are very okay 4 being TR :blush: We aren't gosu or anything but we try and we don't mind showing new players the basics if you ever see us rolling a pub squad (or just join KOTH and they'll show you the way).

Gaghskull posted:

Just start over in NC or VS. Both of our goon outfits are great and will get your back through BR 50 in no time at all. Much better than smashing your head against the rock wall of racism that is TR.

Woah now, I've never personally heard more then ,idk, 4 or 5 racist things over comms(including prox) in the whole time i've played TR. You're looking at that BCP and TE drama stuff and getting the wrong impression about the majority. Each faction has it's share of shitters and just because we like to play pretend fascists with dakka guns doesn't mean we're all irl space nazis.

But yeah GOKU and GOON are both really good and you should still roll with them from time to time even if you main TR.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Do not play TR on Emerald.

Wrong.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 7, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I think people assume all of the VS is like GOKU and DA, when in reality most of the VS are as incompetent and confused about which way bullets go as any pubbie Outfit from the NC or TR. I'm not shooting DAPP and going "Wow, these guys sure are pro tier pubbies."

A fair few goons like playing on TR, get your butts in K0TH. You only need two people to be a Pounder MAX and Engineer and collect ALL THE CERTS IN THE WORLD.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hossin is pretty cool actually, good job SOE.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
What's the character limit on player names? I'm having trouble deciding what to name my TR alt. KotH reference, obviously, but which one?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Playing on Emerald TR is fine, but only as part of GOKU's alt nights on FRZA.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

What's the character limit on player names? I'm having trouble deciding what to name my TR alt. KotH reference, obviously, but which one?

ProPain
MeetThePropaniac
NarrowUraxium
CottonHill

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Who needs outfits when you can cert out the MCG. I'd recommend BWC if you're hell bent on joining TR. They're one of the few TR outfits that have any impact on the sever meta. I think they're hyper milspergs though.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Yes, more people should join Baby Wiener Company

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I was in Random Numbers Wasteland Warriors for a while and their Mumble was just constant talk about E-Cigarette inhalers and fluids. I wanted to stage an intervention but the MCG just got buffed and it was distracting me something awful.

The Milsperg is strong on TR though. The game is to see how much you can mock it by going over the top without getting caught.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I miss BCP to be honest.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Make a guy named Boomhauer and have your gimmick be mumbling in prox chat.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BWC is actually kinda bad and last I checked refused to use leader chat. They only have an impact when they have their multiplatoon "ops" that consist of backcapping esamir or whatever.

903 has some good players individually, no idea how they do together. VG is basically TE rejects led by a minor. AOD doesn't have leadership. SVO is a loose gaggle of spergs from various background it seems.

1TR I like because they really like when FRZA (#1 emerald TR outfit) plays and actively coordinates with us and others.

I don't know much about waterson TR other than odmn being worse than AOD.

If you're hellbent on TR I'd look into 1TR or maybe even 903. Or just join FRZA the #1 TR outfit on emerald.

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 7, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Azerban posted:

Yes, more people should join Baby Wiener Company

In as KingPies or hugeHugeHUGE or SonOfAsspope or did you hear that Andy Helms has an animated short coming out soon? :3: it's about a spacebear.

But on the other hand NarrowUraxium is loving gold.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just started playing probably like 3 weeks ago as TR. I lone wolf it most of the time, in KotH, and it's really not bad at all. The key thing to remember is that you don't own anyone poo poo and redeploy a lot to get to greener pastures. When you get there, the second the ship starts sinking, redeploy somewhere else. Most squads I've seen are bad and completely rely on numbers. Still, it's probably not the best idea for a starters since you'll die a bunch before you figure out what's going on. This is especially true if you haven't played similar FPS games. The last one I played was CSS like at least 5 years ago, probably longer.

I pretty much play infiltrator and heavy assault and have only bought the 100 cert sniper rifle as far as weapons go. I have like a BR 4 alt on NC. The biggest difference I've noticed in default weapons is that you don't need to buy the sniper rifle, but you'll probably need the forward grip on the default heavy assault NC weapon if you want it to be more similar to the TR one. The only other difference I've seen is the default pistol. The TR one is kind of nuts at very close range, and I'm not sure if there's an equivalent. I haven't noticed anything special about the rest of the default TR guns. If you're using mostly certs to buy things, it takes a while to get new guns since you're better off getting accessories for your existing weapons, consumables, or improving your classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

I just started playing probably like 3 weeks ago as TR. I lone wolf it most of the time, in KotH, and it's really not bad at all. The key thing to remember is that you don't own anyone poo poo and redeploy a lot to get to greener pastures. When you get there, the second the ship starts sinking, redeploy somewhere else. Most squads I've seen are bad and completely rely on numbers. Still, it's probably not the best idea for a starters since you'll die a bunch before you figure out what's going on. This is especially true if you haven't played similar FPS games. The last one I played was CSS like at least 5 years ago, probably longer.

I pretty much play infiltrator and heavy assault and have only bought the 100 cert sniper rifle as far as weapons go. I have like a BR 4 alt on NC. The biggest difference I've noticed in default weapons is that you don't need to buy the sniper rifle, but you'll probably need the forward grip on the default heavy assault NC weapon if you want it to be more similar to the TR one. The only other difference I've seen is the default pistol. The TR one is kind of nuts at very close range, and I'm not sure if there's an equivalent. I haven't noticed anything special about the rest of the default TR guns. If you're using mostly certs to buy things, it takes a while to get new guns since you're better off getting accessories for your existing weapons, consumables, or improving your classes.

Lone wolfing AND sniping? My most heartfelt condolences.

• Locked thread