Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

TopherCStone posted:

I have a trans-red Carvin TL60, circa 2001, neck-through, 2 C22 Vintage-voiced humbuckers, hardtail bridge, splitting for each pickup, ebony fretboard, straplocks (will come with gray Couch strap with locks installed) and Sperzel locking tuners (These are amazing if you've never used them). Mahogany wings, and I believe the neck itself is maple. Neck profile is a mm wider than standard Fender nut width, but slimmer front to back. Like a ( instead of a C. 14" radius. 25" scale length, little more than a Gibson, little less than a Fender. Comes with locking Carvin hardshell case.

This is redundant with my SG so I'm looking to trade it for something more novel though I don't have anything in particular in mind. Trade value is ~$550. Pictured are the front and back, as well as the only real flaw, a pinhead sized ding on the bottom rear of the guitar near the jackplate.

PM me for any offers/questions

edit: included scale length info

I realize that I have almost no working amps, so if anybody has a nice combo amp to trade (or a less nice combo amp + some cash, or a more nice combo amp that I can add cash to) I would be preferential to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TopherCStone posted:

I realize that I have almost no working amps, so if anybody has a nice combo amp to trade (or a less nice combo amp + some cash, or a more nice combo amp that I can add cash to) I would be preferential to that

Have any interest in a mid/late 2000s Peavey XXX 112 Combo? It's the built in effects model.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have any interest in a mid/late 2000s Peavey XXX 112 Combo? It's the built in effects model.

That's definitely something I'd have interest in. I'm heading to sleep but I will PM you in the morning (sorry for not responding sooner, forums outage and all)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TopherCStone posted:

That's definitely something I'd have interest in. I'm heading to sleep but I will PM you in the morning (sorry for not responding sooner, forums outage and all)

No problem at all and I feel like a jerk because I completely forgot it has some issues with the high gain channel. If you're still interested I'll get you some more info and I'll get it completely serviced and let you know what the problem was/the fix before any trade is set. Again, I apologize for not mentioning that. It completely slipped my mind.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I'm still interested, pending details. It looks like your PMs are disabled, want to email instead?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
dream mangler came in working fine. 10/10 would fuzz again!

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

dream mangler came in working fine. 10/10 would fuzz again!

I'm glad you like it. :mufasa:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Stravinsky posted:

I'm glad you like it. :mufasa:

yeah I really didn't expect the fuzzes to be so usable, was just hoping for noise and some wall of fuzz capabilities but the disaster fuzz is actually really nice fuzz

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I was wondering if some of you guitar guys could point me towards any kind of decent resources for selling my guitar. I really only deal with recording gear when it comes to buying/selling stuff so I'm a bit lost on this one. I never use it and it's way too nice to sit around doing nothing, so I'd like to see it go to someone who would actually use and enjoy it the way it deserves. It's a 2006 Spector USA Arc 6 set-neck guitar, a very nice spalted maple top version in a tobacco sunburst type finish, serial number 015 (complete with the usual Stuart Spector signature on the back of the headstock). It's a bit on the expensive side (list price is $4600 but I'm looking to get a lot less than that), and it's in excellent condition. It is a little bit dusty so it could use a good polish (and a setup is long overdue) but otherwise it has no scratches or blemishes.

Anyway, any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm in NYC if that makes any difference.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 28, 2014

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
need to make room on my board/wallet for ditto looper. selling my boss ce5, let me know if interested, just put it on eBay but can definitely take down the listing

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 28, 2019

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
I've still got the Moog and am very open to offers.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Been hoping to find a local buyer but not having the best luck in the world, so I guess I'll look at shipping to the mainland at this point! Shipping shouldn't be too bad, and I'm willing to pay for part of it so that it comes down a bit. The Phatty is in fantastic condition, I just don't need like five monosynths. I'm hoping to get 550 for it, maybe a bit cheaper if shipping ends up being more than I was hoping.

Let me know, and if you're local to Honolulu then we could definitely work out some kind of deal! Also, because I'm weird, if you have a bajillion frequent flier miles floating around and would be interested in trading a bunch of them (in the form of a plane ticket, since miles transfers get stupid expensive pretty quickly) and have a good reputation here then let me know and we could try to work out something.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I've still got the Moog and am very open to offers.

$17 + shipping?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Yeah, that works. Shipping will be 500.

Pale Sickly Trevor
Sep 28, 2001
Selling a Korg Volca Beats. It's in mint condition, used maybe twice? -- $100 shipped.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Pale Sickly Trevor posted:

Selling a Korg Volca Beats. It's in mint condition, used maybe twice? -- $100 shipped.

If no one else has dibs, done!

PM me to work out details?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm reposting this, I got a response I guess that I never saw.

An early 70's Applause AA-14

It has an aluminum fretboard!

In all seriousness it's not a bad guitar, sounds surprisingly decent and the action is actually very good. This would make a better than decent beginner guitar and people would ask you about it constantly.

I have no clue what it's worth but I'd trade it for cool pedals or sell it for like $125?

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

HollisBrown posted:

I'm reposting this, I got a response I guess that I never saw.

An early 70's Applause AA-14

It has an aluminum fretboard!

In all seriousness it's not a bad guitar, sounds surprisingly decent and the action is actually very good. This would make a better than decent beginner guitar and people would ask you about it constantly.

I have no clue what it's worth but I'd trade it for cool pedals or sell it for like $125?

Any interest in a Dingotone VFZ? It's out of production, and unfortunately they have taken down the product page otherwise I'd link to it. Pretty much a boutique germanium fuzz face with an extra knob that I think is a high pass filter. My fuzz needs are already taken care of, otherwise I'd keep it.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Seems like a pretty legit trade to me. Let's do it.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

For sale:

Pale Sickly Trevor
Sep 28, 2001

minidracula posted:

If no one else has dibs, done!

PM me to work out details?

PMed you! :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Got some pedals to trade around. I really like a few one them but my habit for hoarding random gear needs a kick to the liver and I'm always looking for something new.

http://i.imgur.com/DGCgIxm.jpg

Notes:

Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom (iostream has dibs on this but i haven't checked if he's still interested)

Rocktron Zombie (this pedals owns so loving hard, please buy it and stick it in front of your clean amp for one of the nastiest dirt tones you'll ever hear)

EP Booster (i love this pedal but it isn't fitting with my needs perfectly so i hope no one wants it before i decide how i'd like to use it)

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 6, 2014

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

Got some pedals to trade around. I really like a few one them but my habit for hoarding random gear needs a kick to the liver and I'm always looking for something new.

Notes:

Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom (iostream has dibs on this but i haven't checked if he's still interested)

Rocktron Zombie (this pedals owns so loving hard, please buy it and stick it in front of your clean amp for one of the nastiest dirt tones you'll ever hear)

EP Booster (i love this pedal but it isn't fitting with my needs perfectly so i hope no one wants it before i decide how i'd like to use it)

I'm pretty interested in the Maxon 808. What are looking for in trade? I don't have any pedals really, need an SM57?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

HollisBrown posted:

I'm pretty interested in the Maxon 808. What are looking for in trade? I don't have any pedals really, need an SM57?

Interesting random pedals are preferred but considering I'd like to do recording this year that'll work just fine. It's about time I owned one anyway. Email?

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Notes:

If you're interested in octaves I've got a Boss OC-3 for trade.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

Interesting random pedals are preferred but considering I'd like to do recording this year that'll work just fine. It's about time I owned one anyway. Email?

Sweet thanks! Email negativethree@gmail.com

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

FancyMike posted:

If you're interested in octaves I've got a Boss OC-3 for trade.

Can't say I am, sorry dude. Thanks for the offer though!

HollisBrown posted:

Sweet thanks! Email negativethree@gmail.com

Np emailing you asap.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC412
$2500 for the pair + shipping.
I'll deliver from Atlanta - Nashville - Birmingham - Somewhere in mid-Mississippi and thereabouts.
SG Bass - $900 + shipping w/hardshell.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

Np emailing you asap.

Hey, I just replied to your email, sorry it took so long, I've got crazy nonsense going on at home here.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

what are you looking to get for the twin reverb?

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Luna posted:

what are you looking to get for the twin reverb?

I was hoping for ~$500 + shipping. Got a local deal that should probably go through tomorrow though.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Looking to sell or trade a Tascam DP-008EX portastudio.

Have turned it on once, otherwise it's in new condition.

Looking for $100 shipped CONUS, or could do a trade for pedals.

No PMs, email me at maishaikosawa on g mail

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FancyMike posted:

I was hoping for ~$500 + shipping. Got a local deal that should probably go through tomorrow though.

ugh if I saw this a week and a half ago I woulda been alllll over that

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
I have a ton of poo poo I'd like to get rid of if you're in or near Vancouver BC. I'll try to take pictures over the weekend but if you PM me about something specific I might be able to get you one sooner.

Broken (?) Digitech Jamman $50 Rarely used, good physical condition. Velcro on the bottom which I can remove if you want. I have the external footswitch too, though the pedal just scrolls through every preset as soon as I plug it in and none of the buttons seem to work. All other functions work fine—as far as that goes. Also comes with power supply, 16gig SD card and USB cable. The review [here does a good job covering the features and shortcomings

Second Heaviest Pedalboard on Earth $50 Folded steel, PedalTrain type configuration. Velcro already attached. It seems plenty durable, but it also weighs a million pounds. I also couldn't find a bag to fit it. Comes with removable shield to protect against orbital bombardment.

Sigma Twelve-String Acoustic $40 Laminate-top Korean-made Sigma flat-top. Dot inlay. Very high action due to top bellying behind the bridge, though the cowboy chords are all okay. Some of the tuners are almost unusable, none are great. Butt plate is drilled for an endpin jack. No jack or button present. Comes with twelve-string capo and chipboard case.

Heaviest Pedalboard on Earth $30 This MDF monstrosity slowly pulls smaller objects into orbit around it. Also homemade (not by me) and very solid. Recommended only if you plan to leave it stationary in a studio or practice space, or if you can deadlift over 200lbs. Comes in a pretty nice keyboard case, but you have to take both.

Strat-Sized Flight Case $40 This is a Warwick "Rockcase" sized for strat-style guitars. It's been on a few flights, and successfully prevented my guitar from being crushed. It certainly shows some wear, particularly the slight bend in one corner of the frame. Still latches fine though, and the inside padding is in great condition. Possibly you can bend the frame back to how it was, but it was never a watertight case so I don't worry too much about it.

Hondo Fame Neck $60 80s or 90s Hondo neck, probably Korean in origin? Maple fingerboard, gloss finish, weird square neck heel and ridiculous pointy headstock. Frets are good, truss rod seems to work. Fairly flat radius, maybe 12" or 16". Not a bad chunk of wood, but it isn't a drop-in for a normal strat body and I have no real plans for it.

Ibanez Blazer Carcass $80 Sen (ash) body and maple neck/fingerboard. Body is coated in white primer and has a small crack between the neck heel rout and the neck pickup rout--as do many of this make. Body is routed for H/S/H. Neck has gloss finish that has been sanded from the back, and new bone nut cut for .10s. Tuners are original and in nige condition. Comes with neck plate and bolts, and weird Gotoh strat-type trem if you want it. For the right price or trade I could toss in an era-correct humbucker and a few original pots and such.

Broken 1970s Fender Strat Tremolo $60 This is an actual 70s bridge, as evidenced by the fact that the tremolo arm actually broke through the block at some point. This is the one-piece cast reso-whatever design, so the block can't be replaced. If you don't use the trem arm or do and would like to stop, this might be the bridge for you. I'm sure the actual 70s provenance will impress someone. No saddles, unless you feel like buying the next item too.

GraphTech Ghost Piezo Saddles and Passive Control $100 Set of American-spaced saddles for Strat trem, with individual piezo pickups inside. Comes with passive controls. If you buy the active preamp and MIDI boards from Graphtech you can install both at once. I installed them on the bridge above to make sure the spacing was right, but they've never been wired up or touched strings.

EB-Style Bass Pickup $20 Sidewinder pickup with no identifying markings. The coils are oriented as they should be and it's ready to drop in. Output is wired to a female T/S jack for some reason.

Okay, that concludes "poo poo I want to get rid of". Here begins Trades I am Interested In:

Ernie Ball MVP or VP Jr.

Pedaltrain PT-1 or Larger with GigBag.

Pedal Power Supply Anything with Isolated outputs; Voodoo Labs, MXR, etc...

Tremolo Pedal Ideally with tap tempo and/or square waveform but whatever. I'll take a newer Boss TY-2 if that's what's on offer.

12" 16 ohm Guitar Speaker Almost any major brand or model is fine as long as it can handle 75 watts or more. Neodymium would be cool.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
ignore this post!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I'm starting to break apart some of the racks in the studio and figured I'd throw a few odds and bobbins up here:

ART MDC 2001 Stereo Master Dynamics Controller
Works perfectly. Rack rash. $200 OBO

Peavey Addverb II (Don't laugh, the verb and delay on this are AWESOME):
$100 OBO

MXR 10 Band EQ: Velcro on bottom, no power adapter.
$75 OBO

Prices are packed, shipped and insured. I dig PayPal but I'll accept Amazon Payments too (and hell, I'm willing to swap for Amazon Gift Credit too, right now) and trades are always welcome.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 21, 2014

Red Garland
Jan 6, 2013
What was the most popular fuzz effect used in 60s' big-beat, rhythm and blues-ey rock and roll? I'm going for that twangy chord bang sound. I own a little Marshall combo which has a pretty warm sound... not sure if I should switch to something more twangy but I can't afford an amp change yet anyway so I'm not considering that for now.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Sure you're in the right thread?

In any case, you might be looking for a Burns Buzzaround or Arbiter fuzz circuit, though fuzzes vary widely from unit to unit and signal chain to signal chain. I think most of the players you're talking about would have been using something like an Arbiter or a Burns Buzzaround (both easily found in clone or kit form) into a small-ish combo amp. That's assuming what you're hearing is actually a fuzz pedal and not just a cranked amp, or treble boost into a cranked amp. Also bear in mind that part of the sound you're hearing is the recording signal chain, so duplicating the guitar gear probably won't give you the exact sound of a record.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Thinking about putting up my LTD AW-7 for sale or trade. If anyone has something like a peavey 5150 II/6505+ or MIJ Ibanez 7 string, send me a pm or somethin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

muike posted:

Thinking about putting up my LTD AW-7 for sale or trade. If anyone has something like a peavey 5150 II/6505+ or MIJ Ibanez 7 string, send me a pm or somethin

How much do you want for the guitar in a straight-up sale?