Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

CLARA
Doctor. Is that...?

THE DOCTOR
No.

CLARA
My god - oh my god, it is, isn't it?

CLARA (OS) (CONT'D)
You found him. You actually found Robin Hood.

THE DOCTOR
That is not Robin Hood!

ROBIN
Well then who, sir, is about to relieve you of your magic box.

ROBIN draws his sword.
On THE DOCTOR - his yes flash. Now it's personal. He leaps up on the log, confronting ROBIN.

THE DOCTOR
Nobody, sir! Not in this universe, or the next!

ROBIN
Well then draw your sword, and prove your words.

THE DOCTOR
I don't have a sword. I don't need a sword.

THE DOCTOR, with great ceremony, produces something from his coat. A gauntlet.
THE DOCTOR has slipped on the gauntlet, now fishes something else from his pocket.

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
Because I'm the Doctor. And this is my spoon!!

He advances to the middle of the log bridge.

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
En garde!

ROBIN laughs - and they set to.
Clang! Clang! Clang!
Sword hits spoon. Back and forth they go over the log bridge. ROBIN lunges, THE DOCTOR parries. He's coolly, casually absolutely brilliant at it.

----------

Haha, this is terrible fan fiction. Wait. What?

Unrelated:
http://imgur.com/wf2WqQv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

marktheando posted:

Moffat really should just not attempt to write comedy. He is bad at it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yes, exactly. Coupling is poo poo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Reading the first episode and its loving awful. Clara crying over the Doctor having regenerated makes no tucking sense at all.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Coupling owned. At least it did until Jeff left the show.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

CLARA
Doctor. Is that...?

THE DOCTOR
No.

CLARA
My god - oh my god, it is, isn't it?

CLARA (OS) (CONT'D)
You found him. You actually found Robin Hood.

THE DOCTOR
That is not Robin Hood!

ROBIN
Well then who, sir, is about to relieve you of your magic box.

ROBIN draws his sword.
On THE DOCTOR - his yes flash. Now it's personal. He leaps up on the log, confronting ROBIN.

THE DOCTOR
Nobody, sir! Not in this universe, or the next!

ROBIN
Well then draw your sword, and prove your words.

THE DOCTOR
I don't have a sword. I don't need a sword.

THE DOCTOR has slipped on the gauntlet, now fishes something else from his pocket.

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
En garde!

Clang! Clang! Clang!
Sword hits spoon. Back and forth they go over the log bridge. ROBIN lunges, THE DOCTOR parries. He's coolly, casually absolutely brilliant at it.

----------

Haha, this is terrible fan fiction. Wait. What?

Unrelated:
http://imgur.com/wf2WqQv

Holy poo poo that's bad. I mean even allowing for the fact that performances, staging, and direction might be able to make it bearable it just reads as everything critics of Doctor Who rail on the series for. It reads like exactly what the Tina Belchers of the world want and that is not a good thing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hahaha! The joke about Vastra eating a child killer for dinner is loving horrible. Especially because Jenny, her human lover warns Clara to stay out of the kitchen as it will get noisy.

What the gently caress?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ahahahaha spoons will be the new fez. They must be trolling the idiots.

Inside the Dalek is a solid C/C+

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Hahaha! The joke about Vastra eating a child killer for dinner is loving horrible. Especially because Jenny, her human lover warns Clara to stay out of the kitchen as it will get noisy.

What the gently caress?

Was it ever even established that Silurians eat people? They always seemed relatively civilized up to this point. I mean with another nastier character I could see that joke maybe working but with Vastra I just don't see it. Then again everything with her, Jenny, and Strax does feel like a weird mish-mash of half-baked ideas and wasted potential.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

mind the walrus posted:

Was it ever even established that Silurians eat people? They always seemed relatively civilized up to this point. I mean with another nastier character I could see that joke maybe working but with Vastra I just don't see it. Then again everything with her, Jenny, and Strax does feel like a weird mish-mash of half-baked ideas and wasted potential.

Vastra eating people is not new

At some point before she's alluded to eating Jack the Ripper, and she had a big jug of blood ("this is not red wine") when she was talking to Clara in Snowmen.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

mind the walrus posted:

Holy poo poo that's bad. I mean even allowing for the fact that performances, staging, and direction might be able to make it bearable it just reads as everything critics of Doctor Who rail on the series for. It reads like exactly what the Tina Belchers of the world want and that is not a good thing.

If it was Pertwee or Baker doing it half this thread would be jerking off right now. Doesn't make it any less stupid but it's true.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Huh. The Doctor wears a humans sliced off face as a disguise.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

PantsOptional posted:

If it was Pertwee or Baker doing it half this thread would be jerking off right now. Doesn't make it any less stupid but it's true.

Agreed, it would mean Pertwee wasn't dead and could potentially go on to make some episodes that aren't trash

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

The Doctor's real name is Doctor Hannibal Lector, calling it now

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

PriorMarcus posted:

Did Clara tell him about the how the lambs were screaming?

Also, reading the Doctor pulling out a spoon against Robin hood made me want to watch prince of thieves again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rita Repulsa posted:

Vastra eating people is not new

At some point before she's alluded to eating Jack the Ripper, and she had a big jug of blood ("this is not red wine") when she was talking to Clara in Snowmen.

That really casts her relationship with Jenny in an especially uncomfortable light.

PantsOptional posted:

True, but I'd like to think it wouldn't be done so "lol purple monkey dishwasher" random as it appears written there.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Ohh boy, this thread is not filling me with much hope.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

Ohh boy, this thread is not filling me with much hope.

Missy, the main villain of the series, is basically female River Song. She's obsessed with the Doctor, calls him her boyfriend and has a catch phrase. Also, the second episode has everyone shrunk down and exploring the inside of a Dalek. It's loving poo poo and reads like an awful parody of Moffat's tenure.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
According to others, apparently the episodes themselves were on the same open server in .mp4 format. No word on if those were also grabbed. Either way, somebody hosed uuuppp.

I read a few. Listen is another Blink/Midnight and it could be better than either of those. Time Heist sounds like it will be 45 minutes of pure loving fun.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Noxville posted:

The Doctor's real name is Doctor Hannibal Lector, calling it now
If this meant that Bryan Fuller is taking over for season 10, I'd be very happy with that.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

PriorMarcus posted:

Missy, the main villain of the series, is basically female River Song.

But River is female...I know people don't really like Alex Kingston, but no need to call her a man.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

But River is female...I know people don't really like Alex Kingston, but no need to call her a man.

That was meant to be 'evil'. Oops.

Also, there's a lot of body horror in these first two episodes.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

PriorMarcus posted:

Also, there's a lot of body horror in these first two episodes.

I chalked that up in a large part to Ben Wheatley being the director.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

THE DOCTOR
I don't have a sword. I don't need a sword. [/b]

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
En garde!

Clang! Clang! Clang!
Sword hits spoon. Back and forth they go over the log bridge. ROBIN lunges, THE DOCTOR parries. He's coolly, casually absolutely brilliant at it. [/i]

:stare:

Honestly, Capaldi's going to have to be an acting talent on the level of Olivier to pull that poo poo off.

PantsOptional posted:

Yes, because nobody here has ever talked about the terrible or more embarrassing episodes from the classic series' run. :rolleyes:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

PRIORMARCUS THINKS ALL WOMEN ARE EVIL!!!!!/brooklynbruiser

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

PRIORMARCUS THINKS ALL WOMEN ARE EVIL!!!!!/brooklynbruiser

MAYBE HE WILL JOIN IN MY RAPE FANTASIES!!!!/brooklynbruiser

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Oh man, I check this thread, and it has 100+ new posts. I knew some poo poo went down.

Now I'm sad.

It really pisses me off that Moffat is coming back for series 9.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Missy, the main villain of the series, is basically female River Song. She's obsessed with the Doctor, calls him her boyfriend and has a catch phrase. Also, the second episode has everyone shrunk down and exploring the inside of a Dalek. It's loving poo poo and reads like an awful parody of Moffat's tenure.

Here's to hoping she ends up an inversion and a direct "calm your tits please" rebuke to all the fans who would not stop gushing over Tennant and to a lesser extent Smith's sex appeal and appear to like Doctor Who only insofar as it gives them fanfiction fantasy boyfriend fodder. Here's to hoping at least.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Here's to hoping she ends up an inversion and a direct "calm your tits please" rebuke to all the fans who would not stop gushing over Tennant and to a lesser extent Smith's sex appeal and appear to like Doctor Who only insofar as it gives them fanfiction fantasy boyfriend fodder. Here's to hoping at least.

By the end of the Fifth episode the Doctor is said to be 'competing' with Danny for Clara's affections.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Capaldi is a one series Doctor, regenerates to a baby face to win Clara over

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
People told me it was gonna get worse before it gets better, but wooooooooow.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

By the end of the Fifth episode the Doctor is said to be 'competing' with Danny for Clara's affections.

GODDAMMIT MOFFAT LET ME HAVE A SENSE OF OPTIMISM DIDN'T WE PUT THIS KIND-OF poo poo TO BED WITH "AMY'S CHOICE"?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

GODDAMMIT MOFFAT LET ME HAVE A SENSE OF OPTIMISM DIDN'T WE PUT THIS KIND-OF poo poo TO BED WITH "AMY'S CHOICE"?

Jenny is naked for an entire pivotal scene, because Vastra is painting her. Her modesty is covered only by a single piece of cloth. EXCEPT, hahaha, she's not painting her at all, just making her sit around naked for her own pleasure! It doesn't serve a single purpose except getting the actress to be scantily clad. In the script she's described as a nymph.

Later that episode both Vastra and Jenny are in sexy black cat suits fighting the clock work robots from the SS Marie Antoinette ( it's the Madame Pompadors sister ship! Hahahaha!) and the Doctor has another sonic screw driver = erection joke. "Oh, the symbolism!" The Doctor actually says.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

mind the walrus posted:

The shipping crowed is the most 'enthusiastic' fandom out there, so in an age of instant gratification and feedback, pander to the people with the most online presence.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Jenny is naked for an entire pivotal scene, because Vastra is painting her. Her modesty is covered only by a single piece of cloth. EXCEPT, hahaha, she's not painting her at all, just making her sit around naked for her own pleasure! It doesn't serve a single purpose except getting the actress to be scantily clad. In the script she's described as a nymph.

Later that episode both Vastra and Jenny are in sexy black cat suits fighting the clock work robots from the SS Marie Antoinette ( it's the Madame Pompadors sister ship! Hahahaha!) and the Doctor has another sonic screw driver = erection joke. "Oh, the symbolism!" The Doctor actually says.

I honestly cannot tell if you're just loving with me or not.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

To be fair, that description of the catsuit scene omitted the two of them twirling silk ribbons around for no reason.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

In the episode Into the Dalek the Doctor and some human soldiers are miniaturized to perform keyhole surgery on a Dalek who has turned good because of broken circuitry. While inside the are attacked by floating orbs that serve as Dalek antibodies (like the robot Hitler episode!), fall into a waist high vat of human remains that the Dalek feeds on (the Doctor jokes about someone he just allowed to be murdered "Top layer if you want to say some kind words") and repair the damage only to turn the Dalek evil. The Doctor joins his mind with the mutant, trying to turn it good, but instead all the Dalek sees is his hatred for it. "You would make a good Dalek!" it's screams, calling back to a better episode and hinging the entire emotional denouncement of the episode on a copy and pasted line from a better script. In the end the now good Dalek kills itself and takes a Dalek ship with it.

Also, a T-Rex vomits up the TARDIS and the Doctor flirts with it. He speaks T-Rex.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know I'm actually someone who really liked the back half of Series 7 even if I thought it was rushed and Clara wasn't well-drawn enough for her climax. I even enjoyed The Day of the Doctor because I'm not above some good fanwanking. This though. This just reads like hot garbage. I hope Capaldi gets some better scripts because our first aged Doctor in literally decades deserves better than what you're describing.

Also I want to know more. Keep it coming.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Clara accidentally visits the Doctor in his childhood and finds out that he cried a lot and was generally kind of wussy. She realizes that he's afraid of the dark even now, which somehow explains the monster we've seen on screen. She also does some other "accidentally becoming a formative part of her boyfriend's childhood" poo poo which echoes Father's Day only somehow worse.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

You know I'm actually someone who really liked the back half of Series 7 even if I thought it was rushed and Clara wasn't well-drawn enough for her climax. I even enjoyed The Day of the Doctor because I'm not above some good fanwanking. This though. This just reads like hot garbage. I hope Capaldi gets some better scripts because our first aged Doctor in literally decades deserves better than what you're describing.

Also I want to know more. Keep it coming.

The T-Rex flirting is the very first thing the new Doctor gets to do. It's the very first scene of the first episode. It also goes loving nowhere as the T-Rex is dead within a few minutes.

The clockwork robots are back, this time with a menacing leader whose replacing his own faltering parts with human parts. At one point the Doctor tears a humans face off to reveal its robot head underneath, throws the face to Clara and then tells her it's real and used to belong to someone.

When they are about to be captured the Doctor leaves Clara to die and she breaks down crying, getting the robots to reveal their entire plan. BUT really the Doctor is there all along, just wearing the human skin as a mask to hide. "5 foot 7 and pretty. I knew you couldn't stop yourself once she started crying." Hahaha! Dont worry kids, he wasn't really going to let her die, he just made her believe he was so he could wear the remains of a cadaver and extract information from the clockwork robots.

Missy, the villain who calls herself the Doctors girlfriend lives in a place she calls heaven, and every episode features at least one person (good or bad) "die" and end up there. She's the woman who gave Clara the Doctors number way, way, way back.

Clara and Danny fancy each other, but the Doctor hasn't met him yet, though he's jealous of Clara dating. Clara hates one of the students at Coal Hill, a chav called Chelsea (she's coming along for an adventure in a later episode, though so far all we know about her is she hates Clara for having a "wide face."

One of the future soldiers is called Journey Blue. Danny Pink is a mystery.

Also, in the first episode the Doctor wonders aloud why he's got an old face, and why he recognizes himself. "Maybe I'm trying to tell myself something." The script notes that he looks like an old Roman man. Hahahaha! More mysterious mysteries.

• Locked thread