Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Nakar posted:

I thought that but his IVI KDR is also way, way too high. I've watched his videos and he doesn't seem that good other than suspiciously good accuracy at range (and his overall accuracy score isn't particularly suspect anyway). He's not even alone in this; there's a number of guys in F00L who have similarly crazy KDRs. I have trouble believing that there just happen to be EU players twice as good as DA, and I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't win a Community Clash or Server Smash against Emerald's finest outfits/players either.

His KPH is much lower tough ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Pand posted:

His KPH is much lower tough ?
That probably ties in with what Fans said about the lower population on those servers. High KDR (because you kill everyone you meet) but low KPH (because you don't meet as many people). Matti even brags about not using medkits, I think, which is pretty hilarious to contemplate given how much random poo poo is going to hit you at every given moment on Emerald.

I mean, Vonic can drop on a tower with 60+ people in it and kill a dozen in a minute, but he wouldn't be able to do that if there weren't tower fights with that many people there.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nakar posted:

Tross though man. gently caress people who hate that sound, it's godlike and whenever I hear it I'm like "poo poo, some rear end in a top hat around here brought a Tross."

The TROSS has the strangest sound. It's not bad, but goddamn is it weird compared to just about everything else in the NC arsenal. And I can't figure out a decent way to describe the sound. It's not like the Brrrrrrrrrrrrt sound of a MCG or the unholy racket of a Gauss SAW.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gaghskull posted:

Hey, the NC get several great carbines. The GD-7F and the AC-X11 are both monsters at what they do. Even if they both have trade offs in order to do so.

The more I've used it, the less I've liked the GD-7F and accepted EHF's position. Sure, it's a bullet hose. But it's got atrocious uptime with that lovely reload and is basically rendered obsolete by the Cyclone.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Nakar posted:

I have trouble believing that there just happen to be EU players twice as good as DA

I love how this is a subtle Euros are trash post.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Some F00ls are legitimately scary in infantry vs infantry (Ironically is a nightmare with the Orion, took me forever to kill him even with a Jackhammer in a biolab ), others less so and tend to stick to the easiest farming vehicle available (ex. Choon) or AT MOST a fatsuit. Several of them stream so you should be able to compare their performance to Vonic's if you like.

A couple other things that may affect KDRs is that outfits like f00l and BLNQ acknowledge that they completely ignore objectives at all times and only play for certs; and that when in the air some of those outfits actually have truces with each other - they will ignore enemy airspergs and let each other farm their ground troops :shepface:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wish the warden (All Battle Rifles) were a little bit better. I have tons of fun using it but the amount of effort you put in to get a kill could of been used to kill 2 or 3 guys with any other gun.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

NihilCredo posted:

A couple other things that may affect KDRs is that outfits like f00l and BLNQ acknowledge that they completely ignore objectives at all times and only play for certs; and that when in the air some of those outfits actually have truces with each other - they will ignore enemy airspergs and let each other farm their ground troops :shepface:

No way. lmao

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I wish the warden (All Battle Rifles) were a little bit better. I have tons of fun using it but the amount of effort you put in to get a kill could of been used to kill 2 or 3 guys with any other gun.

The amount of kills I get with battle rifles skyrocketed when I ditched the 4x and grabbed 2x to pop heads. Works with the Vandal too.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 8, 2014

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

some of those outfits actually have truces with each other - they will ignore enemy airspergs and let each other farm their ground troops :shepface:

that's awesome lol

also sign me up for TR ops on emerald. i'm RyuichiSakamoto ingame

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Trouvaille posted:

I get the feeling I would be better at this game if I took the time to l learn the basic subtleties of 'shoot mans'. I SAS messing around last week with 'no ADS just shoot into they die' and it worked out pretty well. I can't seem to kill anyone this week with that tactic. I'm back to my normal 'ADS while moving and aim for the head' and it's working okay I guess? Any veterans want to provide some sage wisdom on the basics?

Minimap, minimap, minimap. Come at people from an angle. If there's a line of folk running from the sundy to the front, skirt around them and try to flank. The time to kill in this game is short enough that if you're able to catch them looking the other way, you stand a pretty decent chance of getting them before you get yourself got.

Don't count on running into folk with ADS up, you should ADS when you know someone's about to pop into your line of sight. Also also, most sights are less than 50 certs, and have improved my game REMARKABLY. Same with forward grips, I really only hipfire if I'm panicking.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NihilCredo posted:

As if air spergs couldn't be any worse for this game. Not only did they actively cry anytime they aren't actively buffed, but they don't even play the game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
No compensator on the NS 11A because it is superb in muzzle climb, but do I use a grip or laser?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Bluh, I just tweeted at Higby to check out my support ticket, but I feel super dirty for it.

I just want my stuff back on a character I'm playing. Is that so much to ask SoE Support.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

As if air spergs couldn't be any worse for this game. Not only did they actively cry anytime they aren't actively buffed, but they don't even play the game.

I'm just annoyed that there is literally no air game any more, if you aren't part of an organized outfit that does it, you might as well not even fly.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZunB-n43l0

Waterson armor zerg doing exactly what you'd expect.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

I'm just annoyed that there is literally no air game any more, if you aren't part of an organized outfit that does it, you might as well not even fly.

I'm glad I'm not getting fly-by rocket podded anymore, that poo poo was awful.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Mortimer posted:

I'm glad I'm not getting fly-by rocket podded anymore, that poo poo was awful.

I miss fly-by rocket podding and ppa'ing people. :sigh:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

A Tartan Tory posted:

I love how this is a subtle Euros are trash post.
I'm not saying that, I'm saying it seems really weird to have 150-200% the best possible KDR of non-vehicle-whores on US servers. Pure vehicle spergs on any server can have a lifetime KDR of 15-25+ easily but anybody who is heavily into infantry combat should trend about similar to other people of equivalent ability. So either Europe is filled with players who are just flat-out better than anyone on Emerald, which I have trouble buying, or something else is inflating good player KDR on that server.

Given that my IVI on Connery is approaching 7 or so, I suspect the server population and overall player quality may be factors (I don't think I'd ever get that high on Emerald), but it still seems hard to believe. Ex-Mattherson outfits and Ex-Waterson outfits seem to stack up pretty equivalent in Emerald stats too. I would expect the best players on Woodman or Cobalt or whatever to be alike unless there's some other factor at play here.

Watching GylleDahl stream, he doesn't seem remarkably better than any good Emerald player, but the population and pace of the fights he's in do seem to be lower and slower. Basically I'm saying non-canon servers don't matter, son, but I'm curious why they don't matter, son.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

You know what? gently caress TR. Give them fast reloads and poo poo for DPM. Give Vanu deep mags and slower reloads. gently caress TR.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Nakar posted:

So either Europe is filled with players who are just flat-out better than anyone on Emerald...

:smugdog:

I think you know my reaction to this Nakar.

Honestly though, from personal experience, I have to say most EU players are absolute garbage...so the good players *really* do stand out on EU servers. I regularly double my k/d and SPH when I play on Miller rather than Emerald.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 8, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

vigorous sodomy posted:

No compensator on the NS 11A because it is superb in muzzle climb, but do I use a grip or laser?

I use a grip and it's pretty good.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

A Tartan Tory posted:

And yet you choose to slum it on our server. I wonder why that is? :iiam:

A Tartan Tory posted:

Honestly though, from personal experience, I have to say most EU players are absolute garbage...so the good players *really* do stand out on EU servers. I regularly double my k/d and SPH when I play on Miller rather than Emerald.
I think that's what it is, our average is actually slightly higher. Watching this stream some of these guys' reaction times are just shamefully bad. If you can pop out from cover against an AI turret 15m away from you and kill the guy before he even starts shooting, he must be on downers or something. Or heavily liquored. Actually, that might explain it.

But saying "our average is slightly higher" knowing how loving abysmal our average is... that's frightening. Then again, we thought AOD was scraping the bottom of the barrel and PHX shows up after the merge. I actually feel sorry for calling AOD bad now.

EDIT: Okay this guy is now solo-Lib hovering 20m off the ground farming infantry with a Tankbuster. This server is trash.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 8, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gonkish posted:

You know what? gently caress TR. Give them fast reloads and poo poo for DPM. Give Vanu deep mags and slower reloads. gently caress TR.

This is certainly a thing that will happen!

Nakar posted:

Tross though man. gently caress people who hate that sound, it's godlike and whenever I hear it I'm like "poo poo, some rear end in a top hat around here brought a Tross."

And that rear end in a top hat is meeeee!

Although I'm noticing a lot more NC falling in love with it lately. Turns out "ridiculously accurate highest damage full auto rounds with LMG DPM" is the sort of thing a lot of people can really work with!

I love the sound. I get questions from people sometimes after I kill 3 people with one mag at 60m or so as to what gun I'm using because it's THAT obvious it's unique. As an engineer, the sound means "AMMO PACK PLEASE" because holy poo poo that reserve disappears fast

As for carbines, there is only the X11 and Cyclone

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Rookersh posted:

Bluh, I just tweeted at Higby to check out my support ticket, but I feel super dirty for it.

I just want my stuff back on a character I'm playing. Is that so much to ask SoE Support.

If you *really* wanted it you'd buy it again. This is how SoE thinks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, they probably just have a lot of tickets to go through. I don't know how long you are waiting or whatever, but they probably aren't ignoring yours just because.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
SOE has the power to do anything, but they will come back and say they're not able to. Choices that are made must be lived with or some such. Otherwise I'd have a full cert refund by now.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

A Tartan Tory posted:

I find that hard to believe.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Pand posted:

I find that hard to believe.

I basically only use infil on EU servers, you have no idea how much those guys like to stand still to aim. :iiam:

Nakar posted:

And yet you choose to slum it on our server. I wonder why that is? :iiam:

Because I love you all. :allears:

Nakar posted:

I think that's what it is, our average is actually slightly higher. Watching this stream some of these guys' reaction times are just shamefully bad. If you can pop out from cover against an AI turret 15m away from you and kill the guy before he even starts shooting, he must be on downers or something. Or heavily liquored. Actually, that might explain it.

But saying "our average is slightly higher" knowing how loving abysmal our average is... that's frightening. Then again, we thought AOD was scraping the bottom of the barrel and PHX shows up after the merge. I actually feel sorry for calling AOD bad now.

EDIT: Okay this guy is now solo-Lib hovering 20m off the ground farming infantry with a Tankbuster. This server is trash.

Told you.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Me IRL after chasing a tank for two hexes in my harasser, whittling its health down, using all of my ammo save but whats left in the magazine only to have some BR 5 blow it up with his lovely dumbfire rocket launcher.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

This is certainly a thing that will happen!

Man, anything to gently caress over TR. TR deserves to get poo poo on at all times. They're the bronies of Planetside. :colbert:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Gonkish posted:

Man, anything to gently caress over TR. TR deserves to get poo poo on at all times. They're the bronies of Planetside. :colbert:

Didn't you used to say this about the VS when you started as NC?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Any faction I don't play on is the brony fucker shittard faction (I play every faction)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Manslaughter posted:

Any faction I don't play on is the brony fucker shittard faction (I play every faction)

yeah gently caress NS

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Didn't you say on this page that the TR sucks and is full of closet bronies? Are you being ironic?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

VS goons are not bronies...they are something else. :ohdear:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mortimer posted:

yeah gently caress NS
I would legitimately play as the NS faction.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Nakar posted:

I would legitimately play as the NS faction.

So would I, especially if they were anything as hilarious as they were during PS1 spec-ops (only ever did that twice).

Also, been there, done that.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Prophecy120 posted:

Nope he said that about TR. We might be Purple or Blue but the enemy of the game is definately TR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Nope he said that about TR. We might be Purple or Blue but the enemy of the game is definitely TR.

TR maxes have the worst looking feet.

• Locked thread