Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Roll a couple dudes and get them to 40, or at least 30, and then see what you like the best. You can have three characters on your account but I think only one can be in the guild, so there's plenty of room for experimentation. And even a sub-optimal character can be fun.

Completely unrelatedly, I suspect Infinity will get significantly better once I've unlocked the entire quickbar, at whatever level that happens at. Third set has a lot of heavy hitting moves and the pure acupuncture, but it's like 4 charges and a grab. Second set has all the counter ready stuff, but it's like 4 ranged attacks. First set is crap but has the heal. Getting all the good stuff in one set would make it a hell of a lot more usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

skystream92 posted:

This is actually untrue. Harmony's main acupuncture skill (not mirage, because who the hell uses mirage) CANNOT be used on a counter target. I've tried it just to find out if it works. If you try to ghost dash (whatever the hell it's called) an infinity player with counter-ready up, you will get countered.

Which is dumb, because it basically means Harmony doesn't have a way to deal with counter-ready status (unless you bring mirage, but once again, who the hell uses mirage).

Weird. The acupuncture certainly can't be blocked, I know that much.

aleksendr posted:

I decided to eliminate infinity from the running because "Dont hit me when i glow" is a nice concept for a final boss but not really feasible for a PVP heavy game.

This is a bullshit attitude. Countering has a mechanic in common with a highly important part of the PvP game. Do you know which? Yes, you guessed it: blocking. The only difference is which skills they are good against. If you can see someone's sword start to fall and block (which I can playing from Brazil), you can see someone's sword start to fall and counter.

Infinity's counters are no more "wait for the enemy to gently caress up" than harmony's reliance on hitting grounded targets. Yes, the enemy can exploit it. But if you can't pull it off, it's not because your opponent is too good.

Also, those videos on youtube, some of them show people that are miles better at this game than most of us. I've seen more than one Splendor who could pull off the double-canceled combo on demand, something that to me is so unbelievably hard I may as well be playing a fighting game (which I'm awful at). And you know what, even then, we see an Infinity capable of getting his counters off.

PassiveSentence posted:

Is choice of school a large factor for stats or is that determined more by levels and gear?

Is EXP gain from a mob constant or does it scale depending on player level?

A significant factor, but ultimately one you can easily overcome. Shaolin and Wu-Tang have a lot of HP but less attack. Harmony and Splendor have a lot of attack but less HP. You can basically shift the two positions based on how you gear and mastery.

Mastery is the big one since gear is somewhat randomized and you may end up with defensive or offensive stats when you don't want them, but masteries are a huge bonus the moment you unlock them (40) and keep getting better.

I'm not sure, but I believe for world mobs, XP is always the same, barring penalties for large level differences.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 8, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
How many alts will I need?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

aleksendr posted:

As far as i know, nothing is wrong with me. I would have gladly commented on male clothing but with the exception of the Shaolin they are pretty much all the same layered shenyi or ruqun, only in school colors and with more or less ornamentation. Tong probably look the best and S&M the more weird with all the spiky bits and glistening leather.

I'm stuck on "What class to play ?" because this is the last bit that is stopping me from leaving AoW behind and the single thing i hate the most in this game. I will be stuck with that choice until i quit or start over, and if 1-40 may be quick, 40+ clearly is not and we don't know yet how high the grinding cliff can go. Lineage 2 was another 99 level mmo and past level 85 the numbers where completely silly, like 600K for 85, then suddenly 5M xp for 86, 8M for 87 and 14M for 88.

To ask for the opinion and wisdom of people who are probably better player than me and with whom i will potentially spend hundred of hours playing seemed like a good idea.

It takes about 2 to 3 days to get to 40 and all you have to do is afk questing. Your class changes drastically once you get your second set so it's not that big a deal to grind a bit more and get a better feel for a character.

Kylra posted:

As many as you want but you can get more than one character an account!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
The ability to make a fully customized skillset is so overwhelming.

If anyone's looking for a class to try out, Shaolin get pretty interesting skills, like a bunch of aoe spinny staff crap in tier 2, and fist magic in tier 3. I have no idea what is a 'good' skill build for them, so I just picked the skills I've liked using the most :shrug:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
More questions, kill me.

I'm playing House Tong, it's a good time. PvE is a sinch, PvP is... Less. Don't have the third set just yet, but soon. Anyway, I'm having trouble doing aim mode with my character in the way. Is there a way to have it zoom all the way in, first-person mode, automatically or no? Doing it manually is a little to slow and somehow I imagine this is a hidden option somewhere.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

This game is great

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Kylra posted:

as many as you'll need to figure out what you'd like to play. Each class has different cool downs and setups so it affects your play style one way or another.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

As soon as I logged in tonight I got a big alert that Alcoholic had gotten married to someone. Was that our Alcoholic? I imagine there were plenty of drunks getting married in ancient china.

[EDIT]
Also, whoever asked about whether the bundles are are per character or per account, they're apparently per character. I opened a support ticket for confirmation, they told me that the bundles were single character and there was nothing they could do about it... then sent me a free code for another bundle anyway. So, who knows. I had just picked up a starter pack anyway. Strangely, I got significantly different things out of the two I've opened. My one I got with the free code didn't come with a big bag in it like it was supposed to, but did come with a free white horse mount. And then a small bag.

Hey, I figure I can get bags later, the free white horse is pretty nice.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 9, 2014

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The only thing that is supposed to be account wide is the Hero pack apparently, so if yours isn't open a ticket.

Also if you open a ticket and they don't do anything about it you'll probably end up with a leveling pack code eventually

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Zaodai posted:

As soon as I logged in tonight I got a big alert that Alcoholic had gotten married to someone. Was that our Alcoholic? I imagine there were plenty of drunks getting married in ancient china.

Events may have occurred in a dungeon to lead to HyC and Alc getting engaged by accident.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stupid newbie question(s) time.

1) There was an Event that said for level 10+ (unlike most of the ones that were 31+) that was to destroy the Blade Rain gang. It said to basically go to any of the areas outside the major cities, and I had to head to one of those for quests anyway, but I couldn't find out how I was supposed to complete that event. I assume Blade Rain guys would randomly spawn in one of those areas and none of them happened to be in Wu Tang mountain when I was there?

2) Do I end up getting my first slave companion through the main quest chain or do I have to go capture one somewhere?

3) I'm only level ~22 on my Shaolin guy so far, is it better for GoonTang if I hold off on applying until I'm a higher level so as to not take up a slot?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Earlier I had a popup that gave me a code. I failed to type it properly and can't find how to get it again.

Did i permanently lose whatever that code was?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://tinyurl.com/goonsword

Guess what guy didn't keep clicking right in the lovely interface?

We have a new branch, the moon branch, which may be 4chan.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dizz posted:

Earlier I had a popup that gave me a code. I failed to type it properly and can't find how to get it again.

Did i permanently lose whatever that code was?

Check your email, sometimes they send a copy of the code there.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Someone please make me their crony so I can get that fat stack salary at the end of the week.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
This game is very fun! I'm playing as shaolin and group PvP, Shaolin is an amazing combat/control fighter! Not to mention that my tankness is huge! But 1v1, I can only beat a few classes. If you are a loner, I wouldn't suggest Shaolin, but otherwise (PVE and group PVP) I fully recommend going Shaolin!

I also wish that this game would allow Mutli Client, IT would be cool to bot your main acc and you level an alt with a different acc you know!

angellinck fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 9, 2014

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The Quake posted:

Someone please make me their crony so I can get that fat stack salary at the end of the week.

Congratulations, you're now my crony!

P.S.: Paychecks are disabled. We only get XP for now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zaodai posted:

Check your email, sometimes they send a copy of the code there.

No luck sadly. I'm kinda upset about it even though I'm sure it was just a few potions.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dizz posted:

No luck sadly. I'm kinda upset about it even though I'm sure it was just a few potions.

If it was anything like the one I got in a pop up, it was some low level consumables and a 7 day duration costume (visual only, no stats) that made me look like Gouken crossed with a banana.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Zaodai posted:

Stupid newbie question(s) time.

1) There was an Event that said for level 10+ (unlike most of the ones that were 31+) that was to destroy the Blade Rain gang. It said to basically go to any of the areas outside the major cities, and I had to head to one of those for quests anyway, but I couldn't find out how I was supposed to complete that event. I assume Blade Rain guys would randomly spawn in one of those areas and none of them happened to be in Wu Tang mountain when I was there?

2) Do I end up getting my first slave companion through the main quest chain or do I have to go capture one somewhere?

3) I'm only level ~22 on my Shaolin guy so far, is it better for GoonTang if I hold off on applying until I'm a higher level so as to not take up a slot?

1 - The mobs spawn randomly and roam around. Kill them and maybe get some nice crafting mats.

2 - You should get your first one through a quest yes. Maybe at your school, I can't remember.

3 - Apply away. Tutors looking for students will welcome the points I think.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

angellinck posted:

I also wish that this game would allow Mutli Client, IT would be cool to bot your main acc and you level an alt with a different acc you know!

It's "allowed" globally, as far as I call tell, for all PWE games with two clients per IP. A seemingly unenforced limitation. The problem is, the Great Upgrade to the new and improved Arc client carried the unintentional downside (upsides still unclear) of preventing that poo poo, to be fixed in the future as per some support response months ago. Wouldn't get my hopes up.

You can work around this by running virtual machines if you want, but unlike in AoW, you'll rarely feel you're missing out by not running an entire server farm of dudes. Except, of course, once you crash into those server farms running vermin/mirage. Right now I'm looking at a bot magnate's stall account with close to 2000 socketing stones and embed charms for sale :sigh:

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Going to give this a try. User name is Druggeddwarf character name is Borah.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

4chan is active as the moon branch with a moon lord.

Werkwerk and others, start kicking out some white tigers that are useless or goons that are low to make room.

We will gain 30 more spots when we gain more gold, so in a day or two we will have no room issues. But for now just make sure we got 5 or 10 open spots.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Well I found next next chinagame for 2 years from now when Swordsman goes to poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

poo poo looks straight baller.

As for the now there are plenty of goons and pubbies who are at <50 contribution points who joined days ago so there is plenty of room for culling.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I just kicked 5 goons who joined 4+ days ago and were low level with zero contribution. If you happen to be one of these goons, you lost nothing. If/when you play the game again, just reapply.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Mad with power.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

randombattle posted:

Well I found next next chinagame for 2 years from now when Swordsman goes to poo poo.

:swoon: beggar

So those daily 50 Harmony quests are great if you have to AFK a lot. Yesterday I maybe played 30 minutes spread across the day: mostly looking over at game, clicked the autopathing etc. I gained half a level and hit 45. The rewards randomed from Kungu point, extra XP, school specific teleport scrolls and lvl 1 refinement stone. Between this and the daily gem reward, it's pretty nice as simple rewards for logging in.

funakupo fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 9, 2014

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
So sad that you can't play as a Beggar in this game.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

More questions, kill me.

I'm playing House Tong, it's a good time. PvE is a sinch, PvP is... Less. Don't have the third set just yet, but soon. Anyway, I'm having trouble doing aim mode with my character in the way. Is there a way to have it zoom all the way in, first-person mode, automatically or no? Doing it manually is a little to slow and somehow I imagine this is a hidden option somewhere.

Just zoom all the way in with your mouse wheel while in action mode, you'll enter a first person view. Tooltips still gently caress everything up, and the depth of field blurring will go absolutely nuts, but it's a first person view.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Ihki posted:

It's "allowed" globally, as far as I call tell, for all PWE games with two clients per IP. A seemingly unenforced limitation. The problem is, the Great Upgrade to the new and improved Arc client carried the unintentional downside (upsides still unclear) of preventing that poo poo, to be fixed in the future as per some support response months ago. Wouldn't get my hopes up.

You can work around this by running virtual machines if you want, but unlike in AoW, you'll rarely feel you're missing out by not running an entire server farm of dudes. Except, of course, once you crash into those server farms running vermin/mirage. Right now I'm looking at a bot magnate's stall account with close to 2000 socketing stones and embed charms for sale :sigh:

To add, looks like this is a lot easier - and less resource intensive - with this nifty piece of software I'd forgotten: http://www.sandboxie.com/

e: in short, you want to run arc folder\arc.exe with it.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 9, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ihki posted:

To add, looks like this is a lot easier - and less resource intensive - with this nifty piece of software I'd forgotten: http://www.sandboxie.com/

e: in short, you want to run arc folder\arc.exe with it.

I guess if I get bored I'll try this out and if something happens or I get banned for running a vermin mirage farm I'll let you guys know.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I have my doubts whether PWE gives a gently caress even if you run five clients, but two is the amount they explicitly allow. If you don't want to risk getting banned, think twice about those mirage/vermin farming groups. I'll probably get one going anyway, get banned and just cry and bitch and moan myself out of it for "not knowing these draconian rules" :greenangel:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ihki posted:

I have my doubts whether PWE gives a gently caress even if you run five clients, but two is the amount they explicitly allow. If you don't want to risk getting banned, think twice about those mirage/vermin farming groups. I'll probably get one going anyway, get banned and just cry and bitch and moan myself out of it for "not knowing these draconian rules" :greenangel:

Honestly the only pain I see in this whole thing is setting up several bogus emails accounts to run this thing.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also just found out that bots will engage random world bosses. Pull the boss over and watch the bots smack it and sit there for 20 minutes trying to tank it and die.

edit: What happened here?

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 9, 2014

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

randombattle posted:

As for the now there are plenty of goons and pubbies who are at <50 contribution points who joined days ago so there is plenty of room for culling.

Posted a note about that in wushu thread, looks like unreal 4 engine is used, the guys with spears and bows are basically rg, beggars have neat unarmed fist and kick sets and a sortoff wudang is shown often in the dev vids too...

However they say its active block and even dodge so no rng in defense so its gonna be ping to win, it went open beta in china this month

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Also just found out that bots will engage random world bosses. Pull the boss over and watch the bots smack it and sit there for 20 minutes trying to tank it and die.

edit: What happened here?

Bot pathing to return for food and potions sends you close to a pack of mobs. They ran out and died.

I won't bot there in the zone because of that.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Bot pathing to return for food and potions sends you close to a pack of mobs. They ran out and died.

I won't bot there in the zone because of that.

That's hilarious. There was literally ten bodies sitting on the ground around me.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dryzen posted:

This game is great

Its really hard to pick guilds to attack. Anything in United or Zhou alliances is gonna be a guaranteed loss and the anime guilds have only a handful of level 40-45 at their disposal when we attack them. The worst one so far was that Brazil guild that was so loving demoralized between our total bloodbath in their base and world cup match with Germany just ending. Those guys literally quit before the war even started because of goons blowing up the base waiting for the clock to start.

I am going to say that all massacre style guild events we are going to crack at 20:00 server time so we are in protection time and cannot be invaded. We appear to be one of very few guilds(People tell me they see others but I have never seen any) that actually declare guild wars every day so pissing everyone off and then trying to run an event outside of protection time in the base is just a waste of the protection time we are given. With that being said I am looking at doing normal guild war attacks on others at 19:00 or 21:00 so before or after our daily guild event time.

For all of you not understanding what is going on with how the guild wars work here is a bit of a breakdown.

War Formats.
- Declarations of war can be placed on guilds between the time of 18:00 - 24:00
- There are three types of attacks. Show of Force, Take station and Contest Force(Yeah I forget the name of that one)
- Show of Force is the one we normally do. You kill three targets and each one dead applies some kind of negative effect to the defenders.
- We have not done a Take Station yet because that one will probably rile some serious feathers and activate dormant PvP dormant guilds. (We currently have an advantage in large group warfare experience)
- The Contest Force one is if some guild that has domination over a zone denies our branch in the zone. We can then tell them to kindly gently caress off with their poo poo.

Show of Force Prep. Get in before Wardec reason.
- When attack other guilds in the Show of Force format we are prompted to select 36 guild members to participate. These 36 are the attackers.
- If you are not selected (Green check mark in Guild members list) you can sneak into the war by being present prior to the war declaration in the offending guild base.
- I will be giving a 10 min warning prior to declaring war so unchecked players can get in on the war.
- The worst part of Show of Force is that the defending guild appears to be allowed to defend with all members of their guild.
- When the war is declared there is a 15 min preparation countdown until the war starts.

Why to stay dead if we are getting our poo poo pushed in before war start.
- Before the war begins all outsiders that are killed are dropped into a spawn point that has no protection from spawn camping.
- When the war prep countdown ends and the war begins a Defense tower will spawn in the attacker's spawn point.
- If you are killed in pvp you will suffer durability damage.
- With the above three in mind. If we are getting slammed in a guild base before the war starts then do not respawn so you do not suffer gear breakage.

Greenlight Policy.
- Due to not knowing the state of the opposition a guild will be putting up I will be green checking the top 36 highest level online players in the guild.
- If you are in the top 36 and do not want to participate please inform me in guild chat or whisper so I can skip over you. By default I will believe every greenlit goon will be showing up.
- If you really want in on this poo poo but are lower level please inform me. I will make room to greenlight a bloodthirsty goon somehow.

Really Simply put. Get in the opponent's guild base before the Wardec and wreck poo poo.

Also if none of you know I am Alcoholic in Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Weird. The acupuncture certainly can't be blocked, I know that much.

Yeah the acupuncture goes through block because the skill is actually a grab. However, grabs are counterable, whereas normally acupunctures aren't. I have no idea how the coding works...but as far as my testing has shown, I can't acupuncture a counter-ready target w/ Harmony.

• Locked thread