Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vargo posted:

I personally like that the Expendables 3 poster looks like a bunch of people standing around laughing about how ridiculous this is, because the less serious that franchise takes itself, the better.

No actually, the more these movies pander and phone it in the worse they are. I feel like this attitude can only exist if you're already contemptuous of these guys and the idea that they could make something good if they wanted to - the people looking forward to a redux of the Chuck Norris jokes in the 2nd one must be going "I want it to waste my time! I don't deserve a good movie!" as they walk into the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slasherfan posted:

Here is the official one sheet for The Expendables 3 which has to be one of the worst posters I've seen in a long time!

Seriously, gently caress you, EX3 poster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The light sources in general make zero sense.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I thought it was drawing attention to how Stallone's Statham's kneecap is about 6 inches from his foot. But the cherry-picked shadow decisions are nice too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha they pulled this from IMP already. I swear they read this thread.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I hope their mission involves finding necks for half the crew.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Necks for the Neckless would be a great Hollywood charity cause.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Slasherfan posted:

Here is the official one sheet for The Expendables 3 which has to be one of the worst posters I've seen in a long time!

Isn't it just the character one-sheets 'shopped into one giant poster?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

Isn't it just the character one-sheets 'shopped into one giant poster?

Yeeeep. It's strange though, the Kelsey Grammer shot isn't worse than any of the others, but something about him feels even more out of place. He almost looks like the result of a "Photoshop Kelsey Grammer wearing a bucket hat into strange situations" thread in GBS.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 9, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Honestly Wesley Snipe's giant floating head stands out to me worse than anything else. Is he in front of Arnold? Is he behind him? Did Willy Wonka shrink down Terry Crews and Jason Statham? Did an intern make this poster?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Mystical rules of the Expendables universe: Feet reflect, boxes don't.

Also, Dolph Lundgren is a midget:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And why oh why is Robert Davi STILL not on the poster?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

It looks more like a poster for a spoof movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lady Naga posted:

Yeeeep. It's strange though, the Kelsey Grammer shot isn't worse than any of the others, but something about him feels even more out of place. He almost looks like the result of a "Photoshop Kelsey Grammer wearing a bucket hat into strange situations" thread in GBS.

Er....I am pretty sure that's Robin Williams back there.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Madkal posted:

Er....I am pretty sure that's Robin Williams back there.

:thejoke:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What the hell is with Wesley Snipes? He looks like he's made up to star in a sequel to To Wong Foo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Great minds, thinking alike:

Yodzilla posted:

Giant floating Mel Gibson is the best.

e: and Snipes looks like he fell right out of To Wong Foo still in full drag

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What the hell is with Wesley Snipes? He looks like he's made up to star in a sequel to To Wong Foo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Don't be like that, it's the lean. Gets everybody.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would watch a sequel to To Wong Foo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

axleblaze posted:

Two Wong Foo, Thanks Again

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

axleblaze posted:

With the cast of The Expendables 3

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Take Two.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
I . . . I feel like we're moving backwards here.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Oh cool, Frankie Munitz is in it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So is this gonna end in that Robot Chicken joke where they talk about "Ocean's 27" or something and spend a good couple minutes just naming various people in the heist while talking about the plan? Like, is the next Expendables gonna be a big wide poster of everyone in Hollywood who could use a quick paycheck?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Harlock posted:

Take Two.

This one says August 14th. The other one said 15th. Did they drop the opening back a full day?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That poo poo happens. Hell it happened to us today. Dolphin Tale 2 and This Is Where I Leave You switched dates and we debuted TIWILY today and had the wrong date. We managed to correct the interactive ones before going live but our first shipment of one sheets have the wrong date. :shrug:

In theaters that says Sept 12. Total bush league I know.

edit: also every face that looks photoshopped has an annoying publicist. That's my stance and I'm comfortable sticking to it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Harlock posted:

Take Two.

So their casting process is basically them brainstorming how many actors and actresses they could possibly fit on a poster and then hiring them all on the spot?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Harlock posted:

Take Two.

Why are they using the Fast and the Furious Font? It was in the trailer too and I was totally confused at first.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I like that Ronda Rousey has moved way up to the front after her big fight last weekend

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stallone's arms look super gross.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

edit: also every face that looks photoshopped has an annoying publicist. That's my stance and I'm comfortable sticking to it.

Damnit Tina Fey your casual comedy demeanor made me assume you would be a cool person without an annoying evil publicist BUT IT'S ALL A LIE ISN'T

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 11, 2014

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

A Night of the Living Dead poster:

You can buy these here, at a random time between 1-2pm EST, July 15th.

They also do a pretty cool Escape From New York print:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Escape from New York one is nice and the Night one could be good but the execution is awful. The giant loving conical tree (?) is the first thing my eyes are drawn too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

The Escape from New York one is nice and the Night one could be good but the execution is awful. The giant loving conical tree (?) is the first thing my eyes are drawn too.

I haven't actually seen the movie and was wondering if that was some kind of weird zombie pod thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah, nix that weird-rear end tree and the poster quality jumps like 30%.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

This ain't terrible, but why is the tagline in orange? It's a pain to read.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is that a mondo artist doing his own thing? Because it still has the 1-color problem most of their poo poo has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

effectual posted:

Is that a mondo artist doing his own thing? Because it still has the 1-color problem most of their poo poo has.

The colour thing is an artifact of the printing process they use, so it might just be the same process.