Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should even try PbP or irc again considering my last few attempts bombed or just kind of slowly petered out.
If you find yourself in this situation, and assuming you're talking about gming, a good compromise can be to run short games in a shared continuity. Twoshots, threeshots, something along those lines. Over time you can work to meaningful goals and climaxes, which improves retention, and if you're lucky you'll end up with a genuinely regular crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
My name is actually Ivo Ettman, this is my RPGnet modding background music.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

It's Brett, isn't it?

It's Bruce, like everyone else in Australia.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Plague of Hats posted:

I shouldn't have, yet I went looking at that RPGSite thread. It wasn't very funny, but it was amazing to see Zak consistently making posts that don't read like he was hosed up on :catdrugs: when he wrote them. I think like 75% of his infamy would just disappear if he had always posted like that. I wonder what could possibly have motivated him to try to look more respectable lately? :v:

I'm pretty sure Zak's lovely posting style is largely a result of him just passive-aggressively declaring that he isn't actually interested in engaging with the people he's posting to, so in a community willing to kiss his rear end it's not surprising that he drops the act and just posts more like a normal dude.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

zachol posted:

Seriously? I've always assumed it was just apathy and a feeling that the RPG market is too small to seriously consider in terms of licensing, not that there was an actual pushback against it.

I recall reading at least one paper that basically stated that most companies that actually know about this industry avoid it, because every time they've tried to tap into it, it's backfired due to the grogs immediately swarming them.

quote:

Eclipse Phase

EP falls into the same problem Shadowrun sometimes - a really hilarious assumption of competence. This is more a Shadowrun problem, I think, where GMs assume that of course every building is going to have maximum security on at all times with no coffee breaks and the most vigilant employees money can buy, when in reality, be it Eclipse Phase or Shadowrun, corporations exist to make profits, and if they can cut corners, by god they're going to do it as much as possible and then some. It's actually worse in Eclipse Phase, when chances are the actual security stuff is being monitored by literal digital slaves trying to distract themselves as much as possible from their actual tasks.

To it's credit EP actually does talk about this a bit in Panopticon, basically stating that there's so much overlapping security footage that the problem isn't catching someone, it's finding that specific footage. Beyond that, because everything in most Core space is done through systems of neverending contractors and business agreements, even if you find that footage, you have to get access to it, because everyone is competing and they won't want to share out of the goodness of their heart.

Really the key is to remember the first rule: Human beings are really good at not giving a poo poo and being super incompetent. The rest kinda falls in line from there.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ettin posted:

I posted there once and I don't care about proxies :shrug:

That is like literally the reason anyone posts over there ever so :v:

Totally unrelated story:

A while ago Dice Hound (a dork we permabanned forever ago) tried to doxx me, except all he came up with was my real name and my old blog. My old blog is still publicly linked on 1d4chan and he got my name with an amazing technique called "remembered a couple times I posted it, because it's not actually secret". For some reason he assumed that he'd found some AMAZING SECRET anyway, there was a big fuss, and One Horse Town (wasn't permabanned) encouraged him and went through my blog looking for ammunition. I ignored it at the time because lol, but every so often some well-meaning poster sends me a message to alert me when someone threatens to use my not-actually-a-secret-name again. So far all that's happened is some idiot having a cry about me on some MRA website and Zak trying to harass me with it a few days ago.

Anyway the moral of the story is sometimes it's less relentlessly lovely and more relentlessly impotent.

Speaking of someone trying to doxx someone, I'm half convinced someone tried to doxx my ask.fm (yes, I'm a loser) after I spoke out against Zak S. and RPGpundit. I got a question that linked me to gnome7's google+ page attached with the question "who is this little spaghetti?" Fairly sure they thought I was him and was trying to scare me or something.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Covok posted:

Speaking of someone trying to doxx someone, I'm half convinced someone tried to doxx my ask.fm (yes, I'm a loser) after I spoke out against Zak S. and RPGpundit. I got a question that linked me to gnome7's google+ page attached with the question "who is this little spaghetti?" Fairly sure they thought I was him and was trying to scare me or something.

A lot of us got that, that was probably another goon goofing around.

As usual I suspect FactsAreUseless.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ettin posted:

Ah, I see. Since it came after I answered that question, I thought it was related.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
We are all little spaghetti.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Evil Mastermind posted:

So does that mean I can't say how this turned out?

You can finish the anecdote about a game store, which is perfectly relevant. It is the extended argument about the inadequacy of the criminal justice system to deal with sex offenders or whatever that I am outlawing.

Parkreiner
Oct 29, 2011

Covok posted:

Besthada makes video games, not trpgs. The skills, when it comes to math and mechanics, might not be transferable so they'd either license it or hire people.

Bethesda is actually a funny example since Ken Rolston was actually a tabletop RPG guy from way back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Rolston

There's a little more crossover between TRPGs and video games than you might think. Forgotten Realms guru Jeff Grubb worked on Guild Wars at some point (maybe GW2?), and Dakan & Emmert from City of Heroes and Champions Online got their start in the '90s on Pinnacle's (terrible) Brave New World. Some Call of Cthulhu/Pagan Publishing guys I forget offhand work(ed) at Valve and Radical, I believe. ' 90s White Wolf guys like Rich Dansky and Lucien Soulban are over at Ubisoft (not to mention whatever WW peeps CCP didn't fire). And doesn't Rafael Chandler have some computer-game day job that's been preventing him from finishing the new version of Scorn, the game formerly known as the game called Dread that doesn't use Jenga blocks?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

You can finish the anecdote about a game store, which is perfectly relevant. It is the extended argument about the inadequacy of the criminal justice system to deal with sex offenders or whatever that I am outlawing.

Okay, cool.

I did bring the guy aside when I got to the store and had the following two-sentence conversation:

Me: "I was informed about your registration."
Him: "I'm out."

When he left, I informed the rest of the group what happened. Unsurprisingly everyone was okay with him being gone. The guy did contact me after the fact to say that it "wasn't cool" that I told everyone; I'm guessing that's because someone else in the group told the store owner but gently caress if I'm going to feel guilty over this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

zachol posted:

Seriously? I've always assumed it was just apathy and a feeling that the RPG market is too small to seriously consider in terms of licensing, not that there was an actual pushback against it.

ProfessorCirno posted:

I recall reading at least one paper that basically stated that most companies that actually know about this industry avoid it, because every time they've tried to tap into it, it's backfired due to the grogs immediately swarming them.

Malcolm Sheppard posted:

A couple of years ago I had this client — great guy, worked with him a few times. He’s a former tabletop RPG player and was really interested in bringing some of the ideas he loved from that into a new arena in the form of some cool online tools. We looked at the market at the time and determined that the service was pretty much tailor-made for roleplayers and that they were the most natural early adopters.

Once we got actual tabletop gamers from the “leading edge” of the hobby, he discovered they were so insufferable he changed his business model to stop attracting them. They were bad for business. They weren’t the gamers he remembered having fun with. They were assholes.

How were they assholes? My client used a bunch of methods to tag RPG players and monitor them moving through the system. This is what he found out about them:

Instead of having social conversations, they focused on concrete goals.
They related to content in a cynical fashion.
They dissuaded other users from getting involved with the content.
They resisted most desired behaviors (that is, the stuff that actually might make money).
They complained all the goddamn time.

Because it was easy to track user origins, we knew this was more true for gamers, than general users. So the counterargument that everybody on the internet is like this doesn’t work. They aren’t.
It's kinda like what I was saying upthread: to keep flogging the same metaphor, the problem is not just that toxic gamers are the loudest people at the party, they also have a knack for positioning themselves near the front door.

Ettin posted:

I've been trawling old RPGSite threads so I can put together my Big Dumb Email To Mearls, and I just woke up to find out they literally track which IPs view their forum so they can freak out about me reading their public posts.
They have some very weird ideas about how SA's conspiracy against them works. For example, they think we monitor when TG is and isn't publicly viewable so that we can hide our secret plans behind the paywall.

Error 404 posted:

We are all little spaghetti.
I am a "Halabaloney Liar," in fact, I think because of something I said about Ravenloft. Also a Nazi.

Kai Tave posted:

I'm pretty sure Zak's lovely posting style is largely a result of him just passive-aggressively declaring that he isn't actually interested in engaging with the people he's posting to, so in a community willing to kiss his rear end it's not surprising that he drops the act and just posts more like a normal dude.
It's weird that he can produce really useful and insightful content and also be totally obnoxious, but not really a mystery. Zak needs every conversation he's in to be The Zak Show, where everybody gathers to listen to Zak tell cool stories about famous cool guy, Zak. Any pushback against The Zak S Show leads to him being obnoxious, and calling him out apparently leads to things getting very, very ugly.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Halloween Jack posted:

It's weird that he can produce really useful and insightful content and also be totally obnoxious, but not really a mystery. Zak needs every conversation he's in to be The Zak Show, where everybody gathers to listen to Zak tell cool stories about famous cool guy, Zak. Any pushback against The Zak S Show leads to him being obnoxious, and calling him out apparently leads to things getting very, very ugly.
I suppose that explains how he managed to write a well-regarded book. For my part I finally decided to just not read words he's written anymore if I can help it, because I don't need to abuse my brain that way. I am literally finding discussions of American politics more bearable than those of D&D right now.

Plus it's not like I don't have enough stuff of my own to work on. I'm getting the artist who did the cover of Inverse World to do art for Faerie Skies, which I am ridiculously happy about, I'm getting sorely tempted to add a new playbook/class to Dragon World (an MMO character being inexplicably projected into the fantasy world), and I have a Magical Burst playtest on Sunday to get ready for.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Ettin posted:

Yeaaahhh, that was me.

Sorry about that covok, no malicious intent here. I just liked the text below gnome7's avatar and thought it was funny and figured that a lot of Goons would get the joke.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 10, 2014

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Public urination and soliciting a prostitute (of any age) can get you on the registry iirc

Funny story someone convicted of the later went to my friend's game shop and he went through a similar moral dilemma about letting him stay to play in one of the gaming groups, AKA he had no personal problem with it but some parents might not like the fact a guy who pays for sex (even with adults) should be kids and he wanted to respect their opinions, but then the guy got arrested for drugs or something, so he no longer had to worry about it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'd love to hear more about this project that Malcolm Sheppard's client worked on and his tracking of how tabletop gamers interacted with it, it sounds fascinating.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I'd love to hear more about this project that Malcolm Sheppard's client worked on and his tracking of how tabletop gamers interacted with it, it sounds fascinating.

I'm kinda amazed tabetop gamers where even worse then regular gamers. That's really saying something.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Haha, even little old me got doxxed over at theRPGsite a few years back. The dude did something like look up my old amazon reviews - literally from 1997 - to discredit me.

Actually other folks told him that was pretty hosed up, so...

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

dwarf74 posted:

Haha, even little old me got doxxed over at theRPGsite a few years back. The dude did something like look up my old amazon reviews - literally from 1997 - to discredit me.

Actually other folks told him that was pretty hosed up, so...

Not too long ago I was arguing about Next regarding the whole Zak S / RPG Pundit thing on a Facebook page for ttgs in Korea. I had someone try to doxx me, found that I playtested some Dreamscarred stuff back when I was into Pathfinder, and deduced that I was making up everything about Zak S and RPG Pundit as part of a Paizo Fan Conspiracy to discredit Next.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Halloween Jack posted:

It's kinda like what I was saying upthread: to keep flogging the same metaphor, the problem is not just that toxic gamers are the loudest people at the party, they also have a knack for positioning themselves near the front door.

So there have actually been studies to show that Gamers are, in fact, The Worst? Like, it isn't just perception based on the internet?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Not too long ago I was arguing about Next regarding the whole Zak S / RPG Pundit thing on a Facebook page for ttgs in Korea. I had someone try to doxx me, found that I playtested some Dreamscarred stuff back when I was into Pathfinder, and deduced that I was making up everything about Zak S and RPG Pundit as part of a Paizo Fan Conspiracy to discredit Next.

4E was a Paizo inside job.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Occam's Razor is a Forge conspiracy.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

ProfessorCirno posted:

EP falls into the same problem Shadowrun sometimes - a really hilarious assumption of competence. This is more a Shadowrun problem, I think, where GMs assume that of course every building is going to have maximum security on at all times with no coffee breaks and the most vigilant employees money can buy, when in reality, be it Eclipse Phase or Shadowrun, corporations exist to make profits, and if they can cut corners, by god they're going to do it as much as possible and then some.

This is how you can tell whether a Shadowrun GM has ever worked for a large corporation. It is a litmus test that is nearly 100% effective.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Licensed RPGs are generally a losing proposition unless you already have a full time licensed product team (like say, Lucasarts does). Unlike action figures, apparel or even a board game, reviewing RPG material takes a lot of time, the the people at most entertainment companies qualified to do that are busy doing things that actually make the company money.

The money made is minuscule, and the potential to damage your brand/confuse your fans is very high. Add to that what other people have mentioned about the fans, and the fact that most RPG publishers are notoriously unprofessional so unless somebody at the company really wants to do it as a passion project licensed RPGs are more trouble than they're worth.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm kinda amazed tabetop gamers where even worse then regular gamers. That's really saying something.

The thing is that outside of the big games like D&D, the tabletop industry is small enough that what you see is what you get.

With regular gamers, if some asshat has a vendetta against anything remotely popular and posts extended screeds about it on Gamefaqs, the amount of gently caress given by the developer could not be measured with an electron microscope. They have a million more potential customers who will never read the rant. The asshat is ultimately just a drop in the bucket and not worth any time.

With tabletop gamers, if some asshat has a vendetta against your game and posts extended screeds about it on RPG.net, a significant fraction of your customer base could read that rant. The number of copies you're probably going to sell is measured in three or four digits and a single person could do a lot of damage. They're not particularly more toxic than the former rear end in a top hat, but the well they're poisoning is a lot smaller.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

Yeaaahhh, that was me.

Sorry about that covok, no malicious intent here. I just liked the text below gnome7's avatar and thought it was funny and figured that a lot of Goons would get the joke.

No worries. It's just me being an idiot and misinterpreting.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

but my biggest problem with EC is that I can't fully absorb how you're supposed to go on adventures and stuff in a world with really ubiquitous surveillance.

They literally have an entire supplement (well, about two thirds, there's other stuff in there) called Panopticon which is dedicated to talking about surveillance tech in EP and how you can get around it/what it means for the players, so it's definitely a problem they know about and have taken steps to resolve (pretty well, to boot).

zachol posted:

CHIM is the understanding that grants you the ability to transcend and control the laws underlying the world, codifying it explicitly into the system misses the point.

CHIM is literally metagaming - it doesn't need codifying to exist (other than as a rule saying "hey, you can metagame"). On PC, metagaming is opening the console or using the map editor; in RPGs, metagaming is using out of character knowledge in-game. They line up pretty well!

Ettin posted:

Occam's Razor is a Forge conspiracy.

:airquote: "Balance" :airquote: is an invention by Something Awful to vilify Gygax and prevent his return.

Oh no, wait, that's one that people actually believe. :haw:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 10, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CHIM is opening up the console and inputting commands

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Parkreiner posted:

Bethesda is actually a funny example since Ken Rolston was actually a tabletop RPG guy from way back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Rolston

There's a little more crossover between TRPGs and video games than you might think. Forgotten Realms guru Jeff Grubb worked on Guild Wars at some point (maybe GW2?), and Dakan & Emmert from City of Heroes and Champions Online got their start in the '90s on Pinnacle's (terrible) Brave New World. Some Call of Cthulhu/Pagan Publishing guys I forget offhand work(ed) at Valve and Radical, I believe. ' 90s White Wolf guys like Rich Dansky and Lucien Soulban are over at Ubisoft (not to mention whatever WW peeps CCP didn't fire). And doesn't Rafael Chandler have some computer-game day job that's been preventing him from finishing the new version of Scorn, the game formerly known as the game called Dread that doesn't use Jenga blocks?
Computer/video games been the escape hatch for talented people in RPGs who wanted to someday have a mortgage or raise a family since at least the early 1990s. The most famous example is probably Sandy Peterson, the designer of Call of Cthulhu, who left the big-money world of RPGs to work for a tiny little outfit named "id software". Another common exit is writing genre fiction, which is where Aaron Allston (RIP) and Mike Stackpole ended up.

As for RPGs being more trouble than they're worth for IP licensors, that makes perfect sense when you consider how small the RPG market is and how little evidence there is of RPGs pulling people into your IP and promoting it. Back in the 1980s and 1990s, there were some crossover sales for licensed games but those have largely petered out because publishers realized they could publish their own, more broadly appealing, reference and fan material, and now you can buy shelves of Star Trek and Buffy and Dr. Who and Spider-Man guidebooks and references and encyclopedias without pages of game stats. If JK Rowling wanted to release a big guide to the Harry Potter universe, pretty much the last thing she'd do is partner with an RPG company to do it. Plus, in the 2010s, there are plenty of freely-available fan sites and wikis where people obsessively track all the details and continuity of any given IP, so who really needs a $40 RPG book about the various aliens races in Star Wars when you can google Wookiepedia from your pocket phone?

So RPG licenses sell only to RPG players, and require a lot of approval and hassle compared to, say, signing off on an action figure line or lunchbox or t-shirt design. Who needs it?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:airquote: "Balance" :airquote: is an invention by Something Awful to vilify Gygax and prevent his return.

Oh no, wait, that's one that people actually believe. :haw:

No it's not! I saw it on the 3.5 skill list!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Parkreiner posted:

Jack Emmert - creative lead at Cryptic Studios, responsible for City of Heroes and the spectacularly poorly-received 'enhancement diversification' - also got his start in TTRPGs writing for Conspiracy-X.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Zeb Cook who did a lot of post Gygax AD&D 1E worked on City of Villains a bit, as did Shane Hensley from Pinnacle, IIRC.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

neonchameleon posted:

I can't even tell what the genre of Monster of the Week is. It's some sort of horror - but Action!Horror, Depressing Adventure!Horror, and Psychological Horror are very different.
None of those are the right genres though. Its supposed to be some sort of horror procedural but your right about the horror aspect being vague.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 10, 2014

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
It was mentioned before that some of the CoC/Pagan Publishing guys went into games; for specifics, I think both John Tynes and Dennis Detwiller did. Detwiller has mentioned working on .. Prototype, I think? Some fairly big name stuff.

Justin Achilli also works with a game company, though I don't know which one.

It seems fairly common for people to make the table top games -> video games jump. The reverse seems to be less common, though I'm certainly less familiar with the names on the video game side of things.

Tulul posted:

With tabletop gamers, if some asshat has a vendetta against your game and posts extended screeds about it on RPG.net, a significant fraction of your customer base could read that rant. The number of copies you're probably going to sell is measured in three or four digits and a single person could do a lot of damage. They're not particularly more toxic than the former rear end in a top hat, but the well they're poisoning is a lot smaller.

This is really true and I think WotC in particular underestimated how powerful it could be - and we saw how that turned out. Since then, I've noticed some smaller publishers checking forums and working hard to counter-act that kind of incorrect or emotionally loaded narrative.

(I'm thinking of Pelgrane Press, but I'm sure there are other examples.)

Edit: the other thing is that the experience of play in RPGs is more subjective than video games, too. You can come to a video game with a negative impression and be won over by pretty graphics or solid mechanics. Given the amount of buy-in to learn an RPG and the need for good-faith participation to see how things click, I think poisoned preconceptions can do even more damage.

Sionak fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 10, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MadScientistWorking posted:

None of those are the right genres though. Its supposed to be some sort of horror procedural but your right about the horror aspect being vague.
I think that's more a problem with how "modern horror" is handled in general nowadays. It's hard for a game to really have that feeling of fear if everyone's got shotguns and magic and flamethrowers. You don't get that sense of helplessness or decline that (to me) makes for good horror.

Which is fine! Sometimes you want to do something about the slow slide into madness that is dealing with the supernatural on a daily basis, and other times you just want to stomp monsters.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Sionak posted:

Detwiller has mentioned working on .. Prototype, I think?

Yeah, he was one of the main designers and writers on Prototype, and it has a real Delta Green feeling in places. Greg Stolze also did some dialogue for that game, and John Tynes and Shane Ivey also show up in game, albeit only so you can eat their faces off.

Parkreiner posted:

Lucien Soulban

I still can't believe there was actually a White Wolf writer named Lucien Soulban. If I saw that name on a Vampire character sheet, I would throw it in the trash on reflex.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
There's also Ryan Dancey, beloved of both D20 and EVE fans, but he may not be the best example.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tulul posted:

Yeah, he was one of the main designers and writers on Prototype, and it has a real Delta Green feeling in places. Greg Stolze also did some dialogue for that game, and John Tynes and Shane Ivey also show up in game, albeit only so you can eat their faces off.

I still can't believe there was actually a White Wolf writer named Lucien Soulban. If I saw that name on a Vampire character sheet, I would throw it in the trash on reflex.
The Wraeththu RPG was written by Gabriel Strange, and I heard third-hand that that's actually the name his momma gave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Warren Spector wrote Top Secret SI, the best thing TSR ever did.

• Locked thread