Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The Gauss SAW is like a MCG that doesn't have to spin up to become insanely deadly.

Other than that, not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sir_Charles posted:

You should try gunning a battle galaxy during double xp. You can pretty effortlessly maintain 100,000+ SPH.

I gunned Snuggles' battle gal for an hour durin an alert this four day weekend and made ~33k SPH. ALL OF YOU ARE LIARS. Nobody makes thousands of loving certs.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

vigorous sodomy posted:

I gunned Snuggles' battle gal for an hour durin an alert this four day weekend and made ~33k SPH. ALL OF YOU ARE LIARS. Nobody makes thousands of loving certs.

I didn't take a screenshot 'cause I'm not a huge dork but doing the same I had ~113,000 SPH after about an hour and a half. I do run boosts and membership though so that skews the poo poo out of it.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Scags posted:

Are there any guns for the NC that are similar to the mini chain gun? I just loaded up a Terran character to test it out in VR, and this is the gun of my dreams. I love the whole 'no cof bloom' thing it has going on. I just don't want to play TR.
Well, we've got the EM6 and when taken with Ex-mags the thing is the closest we get to a bullet hose in the NC.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Then you had a bad run. I was running nearly 60k SPH in my own gal while jumping into Murphey's and Sir Charles' when it got shot down.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I resubscribed and lost my premium space Romeny membership. That sucks, I have canceled and resubbed months later and still had my maximum membership before.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BadLlama posted:

I resubscribed and lost my premium space Romeny membership. That sucks, I have canceled and resubbed months later and still had my maximum membership before.

Yeah, when they gave the free month membership I didn't resub for a few months after and got the second tier of membership. Then I resubbed again months after that and got the third tier. Resubbed this month and back to tier 1.

Of course the Leal curse strikes again, seems my motherboard just went out so I wont even be able to enjoy the double xp coming up :smithicide:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Leal posted:

Of course the Leal curse strikes again, seems my motherboard just went out so I wont even be able to enjoy the double xp coming up :smithicide:

Do Dreamcasts even have motherboards?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Scags posted:

Are there any guns for the NC that are similar to the mini chain gun? I just loaded up a Terran character to test it out in VR, and this is the gun of my dreams. I love the whole 'no cof bloom' thing it has going on. I just don't want to play TR.
There is nothing else in the game like the MCG. It has the unique feature of fixed COF, nothing else has this.

If we all just gave in and joined TR we'd probably win things for everybody just on the weight of goon presence alone. Then we would finally become The Enclave, and suffer a grim moment of realization that we are the monster we once fought against.

But we'd have the TORQ and MCG, so we'd be able to live with that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nakar posted:

If we all just gave in and joined TR we'd probably win things for everybody just on the weight of goon presence alone. Then we would finally become The Enclave, and suffer a grim moment of realization that we are the monster we once fought against.

I would play on a TR outfit if it was on West Coast in a heartbeat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vigorous sodomy posted:

During double XP weekend when fighting PHX I just used a lasher and was earning over 100k SPH, so it definitely is.

Also, don't forget, anyone who got Alpha Squad on release when you make a new character you'll have a 300-ish day boost.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

vigorous sodomy posted:

And I don't really farm that hard or play that long. I'm sure people can show off way crazier ones.

Fans fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 10, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Prophecy120 posted:

As an Engineer and Vanguard driver with a top-end PC this list made me ejaculate in my boxers. No, seriously, I had to take them off and put them in the washing machine.

Scrub.

A real pro would just sit and baste in them.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
#firstworldproblems, but the gold textures aren't showing up on the NC gold pistol, so I posted a bug thread. Since I know a great many goons were blessed by Higby with the gold starter pistols, I figured I'd point this out to everyone. You NC goons are getting cheated of your beautiful shiny pistol by a texture error that for some reason nobody has bothered to report! If you don't believe me, log in to your TR/VS characters and marvel at the shiny reflective gold on the Beamer/Repeater-FB. Every spot on the Mag-Shot FB that's plain white is supposed to be gold.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nakar posted:

#firstworldproblems, but the gold textures aren't showing up on the NC gold pistol, so I posted a bug thread. Since I know a great many goons were blessed by Higby with the gold starter pistols, I figured I'd point this out to everyone. You NC goons are getting cheated of your beautiful shiny pistol by a texture error that for some reason nobody has bothered to report! If you don't believe me, log in to your TR/VS characters and marvel at the shiny reflective gold on the Beamer/Repeater-FB. Every spot on the Mag-Shot FB that's plain white is supposed to be gold.

I reported this as well, but I kinda like the look of it. On my graphics settings it looks kinda like a platinum variant, which is a bit less swagalicious mcdopesauce but is sleek as hell.

That said I'd love for it it to be gold to go with my Cyclone-G and Phoneix AE swagtastic loadout

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It looks like a platinum variant, but that white is actually the null texture. Set your graphics to Medium/High temporarily and you can really see a difference in the appearance of gold/platinum weapons vs. ones where the texture is missing.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

vigorous sodomy posted:

Its certainly possible, its just really hard to get a good run in on a battle gal since people started actually trying to kill them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

While we squabble about things that now seem minor, this man is working toward greatness:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428029729515168161.php?tab=killboard
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2abtvm/finally/

Having already auraxiumed the C85 for the Vanguard, he is now working on auraxing the C85-H. If successful, this will be a world first afaik

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nookovian-Red posted:

More sundy love. This might get crazy. Half price shielded sundies. A golden age of reliable sundy spawn points
is approaching.

Also means :downsgun: placement of sunderers will be a two man job

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Gonkish posted:

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't want them to change tanks to a three person crew like they were in PS1. I like being able to drive the thing AND shoot the gun. If I was just a driver I'd be bored as gently caress. I'm kinda glad the Magrider is holding that back.

Hopefully not the minority. They were boring as poo poo to drive in PS1 and they'd be even worse here because of how vulnerable tanks are if their rear armor is exposed, and thus how relatively immobile they tend to be. That said, switching seats in PS2 is way easier than PS1, so I'm guessing most people would say gently caress it and just drive without gunners and simply switch to the main guns when they need to. Your tank would be less effective but at least you wouldn't be a glorified taxi driver.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Also means :downsgun: placement of sunderers will be a two man job

Overall it's a good change. At this stage it's probably a little too easy to smash an offensive push with just a single jihad Flash or suicide Engy run. Hell, I've got a dedicated anti-Sunderer C4 Fairy loadout (C4, UBGL and explosive bolt Hunter with flashbangs) and I'm successful solo more often than not.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

On monday i made 900 certs in 4 hours then i restarted my client and made 300 certs in 1 hour. On tuseday i made 600 certs in 1 hour so yeah membership+heroic boost means certs out the rear end.

I just save my 500 SC a month and buy the 3 month heroic boosts with that when their on sale--if theres ever another SC sale gonna throw enough $ to buy atleast 1 6 month heroic boost.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Arghy posted:

On monday i made 900 certs in 4 hours then i restarted my client and made 300 certs in 1 hour. On tuseday i made 600 certs in 1 hour so yeah membership+heroic boost means certs out the rear end.

I just save my 500 SC a month and buy the 3 month heroic boosts with that when their on sale--if theres ever another SC sale gonna throw enough $ to buy atleast 1 6 month heroic boost.

Is there any schedule for the 3+ month boost sales (holidays?) or do they just pop up randomly?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

vigorous sodomy posted:

Let's not go crazy, bud. Try hundreds.

With no sub and 4x 1 hour boosts left over from WDS, I made just over 4000 certs this weekend. I was averaging about 60k exp/hr most of the time. Through Vanu, all things are possible.

SenorSteve made something like 250,000 exp in ONE FIGHT at Cairn Station. The scoreboard was loving ridiculous.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Wasn't that due to having a spawn repair sunderer lodged in a gun tower or something perma-fixing the turrets? AMS/squad spawn ribbons means being the lucky guy having one up at a clusterfuck means afk certs forever.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Erata posted:

People interested in trying out a new empire should remember that next week is another double XP weekend.
Paying-players double XP or all-players double XP?

quote:

Plenty of people stack boosts and on top of alerts, it's easy to pull thousands of certs even without a subscription.

Nthing that thousands is correct. I've never subscribed, all you need is to burn some of those random 1-day boosts that you got from WDS rewards or from random bundles. Double XP also doubles the boost's effectiveness. Just remember to make the most of it, i.e. abstain from Skyguarding, platoon leading, stalker-cloaking, and other low-XP activities.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

Avulsion posted:

SenorSteve made something like 250,000 exp in ONE FIGHT at Cairn Station. The scoreboard was loving ridiculous.

Nearly 1k certs in 1 hour. Repair/AMS sundy too strong.

I didn't get a screenshot of the scoreboard, but note the certs, time played, score/hour. Was running a big boost, membership, and running with GOKU, most of whom also provide boosts. My cert ticker was filling up at nearly 1 cert/second at times.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
And hell, even if you're not doing Steve's mythical Cairn Station repair/AMS, those are still big fuckin' certs nowadays between increased spawn xp and ribbons. I've had many times where I deploy a Sundy and just hang around it looking out for LA/engy bombers and swatting the occasional incursion with the Bulldog and made more certs from just dicking about like that than I would have from actively going all out infantry or tanks sperg.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Oh god someone wrote 40k words of fanfic about ps2

http://alphasquad.talesfromauraxis.com/

Someone should read that and post a highlight reel.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I wouldn't be surprised. There was tons of PS1 fanfic floating around, some of it was halfway decent.

Mark Brouhard posted:

Westy do you know anything about how NC is adapting to the waterson merge. Like I'm used to demolishing them whenever I'm playing with GOKU, its business as usual but I'm wondering if there are any diamonds in the rough I should keep an eye out and roll with whenever I feel like playing NC. I got TROSS/Gauss SAW fever baby.

I don't play with them, so I wouldn't know. Sorry! As far as playing against them, VCO has always been my go-to recommendation. PHX has people around but sheer number of mans with NC wasn't ever really a problem, it's more of a problem with TR. Some of the larger TR outfits tend to back away with fights from the VS more than NC do, so they're really the ones facing population hardships in my experience. BAX seems pretty good but they are short on numbers. TIW is a literal farmfit, I wasn't impressed fighting them after hearing they were "the best NC has to offer competitively." :shrug:

AuxiliaryPatroller posted:

I made 994 certs in one hour last double xp weekend by parking a repair/AMS Sundy in a tower under attack, and doing a decent job of shooting mans. I have a screenshot in the GOKU thread showing it (phone posting or I would link it). Thousands in a single day or a few hours is entirely possible.

Thank you PHX, thank you so much. Shoutout to squad boosters too- stay boosty my friends.

I remember when we locked Hossin one night, between everything I was getting 634 a kill. So naturally I used the high damage weapon VS gets to steal all the kills.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

That was a hilarious double drop on Scarred Mesa, GOON, keep it up!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Westy543 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised. There was tons of PS1 fanfic floating around, some of it was halfway decent.

Yeah people should really check this one out, here's the opening paragraphs:

quote:

Dazed, Marius staggered into the generator room wall, barely holding up his MAX suit with his shaking arm. Alarms bleeped at him from all directions and warm hydraulic fluid spilled down the outside of his leg, staining the snow beneath his feet. His chest still heaved from the punches of the shotgun pellets, but luckily the last shot had only smashed his visor and no more; his body was just bruised and stinging under four inches of solid steel.

Field engineer Utako Nakano was there in seconds. A small, agile figure dodging in between the barriers and shrapnel, she tapped Marius' helmet as she surveyed him with keen, professional eyes. Upon examining his wounds, she winced briefly. "I only have the level 4 repair tool certed, this will take quite some work."

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
That was painful to read.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

quote:

And then the PPA spam started....

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think the author knows how the spawn system works.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Did anyone's subscription drop from Auraxium to Bronze? Mine did and I'm thinking :soe:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rakthar posted:

Yeah people should really check this one out, here's the opening paragraphs:

"she then put on the straps for her repair tool and began pumping his wounds vigorously causing him to moan with every pump"

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Arghy posted:

"she then put on the straps for her repair tool and began pumping his wounds vigorously causing him to moan with every pump"

Lets face it, being pumped full of stuff by a Japanese woman is pretty much what we all want.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

You'd glue her spawn tubes, eh?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Harasser? drat near killed 'er!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone else get random freezes where the screen goes black for a few seconds before coming back and being frozen in place with sound looping (but ingame voice still working) for several seconds?

• Locked thread