Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/486909394706522112

This should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Aww yiss, those two are my favourites outside the main bunch.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Current progress:

:devil:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Annie returns to the Court with a new pair of rabbit fur gloves for Kat. :unsmigghh:

I was thinking about that and how it would be even weirder if she gave them to the new nameless student.

Edit: Or a good luck charm.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hmmmm I am currently unemployed and fairly broke but sketch page

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brightman posted:

I was thinking about that and how it would be even weirder if she gave them to the new nameless student.

Edit: Or a good luck charm.

I was imagining her presenting the student with a rabbit's foot necklace, personally. For luck, here is a piece of your own corpse.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
The sketch page contains a picture of Coyote as a duck.

Only $497,000/month more and Tom will print out and eat the entire comic!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We need to find someone rich who can pledge the money, even if just for a single month. We'll tell him it's for the hopes and dreams of millions, or to see a comics nerd suffer horribly, depending on his outlook.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I know fairies have to die to go to the court, but do we have on-screen confirmation that animals do too? It's been a long while since I did a full read through and I can't remember.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

We need to find someone rich who can pledge the money, even if just for a single month. We'll tell him it's for the hopes and dreams of millions, or to see a comics nerd suffer horribly, depending on his outlook.

500K should totally cover the medical bills

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fatkraken posted:

I know fairies have to die to go to the court, but do we have on-screen confirmation that animals do too? It's been a long while since I did a full read through and I can't remember.

I am pretty sure it's all pretty goddamn vague.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

I've never used patreon, if I decide to give 5 bucks a month do I have to pick between the $2 and $5 reward or do I get both? :ohdear: I mean I'm happy to pitch a few bucks Tom's way either way but just curious and don't want to accidentally screw myself out of something.

edit: vvv alright cool, thanks!

BattleCake fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 11, 2014

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It's up to the person running the Patreon, but in this particular case you will get both if you go for $5.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:kiddo:-face

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tollymain posted:

500K should totally cover the medical bills

Actually, there's edible paper and inks out there. So I guess I'm saying that Tom should totally eat his comic.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Haha drat, now even the comic itself is making me go on reread-sprees.

Good thing though, because Threads was adorable as hell :allears:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
We don't even know if fairies have to die, just that Red and the other jerk face, had a test which they passed with Munchy time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Last panel should be Annie with her "it's not my blood!" face, saying YES.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I am not to familiar with the British tax code. How much net income is that?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Depends on how much other income he has. Current minimum taxable threshold is 10k per annum, then it's 20%, the rate goes up at 35k to 40%, so roughly £2000 tax on an income of around £22000 in real money, assuming no other income.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

It was Ysengrin who forbade forest creatures from emigrating to the Court without giving up their bodies. Now that Annie has replaced him as forest medium, maybe the jackalope doesn't have to die or even change at all.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Yeah, I don't see the court or the forest really having any of this.

Edit: in relation to the monday comic

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Leper Residue posted:

Yeah, I don't see the court or the forest really having any of this.

Edit: in relation to the monday comic

It was Ysengrin who cut off visits to the forest in the first place (and I'd imagine that the Court cut off the other direction in response). If the mediums are together on this, who knows.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

MikeJF posted:

It was Ysengrin who cut off visits to the forest in the first place (and I'd imagine that the Court cut off the other direction in response). If the mediums are together on this, who knows.

The head of the court seemed to be really annoyed at coyote making Annie the medium. And if any of the senior court members know what the previous fellows did in order to separate the courts, they might not be so eager to allow travel back and forth again so easily.

And now that I think about it, that's probably exactly where this is heading. Court made bridge, court made barrier so it couldn't be crossed willy nilly. Now we got two humans trying to bypass that.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Sad Fairy is no longer sad. :unsmith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Leper Residue posted:

The head of the court seemed to be really annoyed at coyote making Annie the medium. And if any of the senior court members know what the previous fellows did in order to separate the courts, they might not be so eager to allow travel back and forth again so easily.

And now that I think about it, that's probably exactly where this is heading. Court made bridge, court made barrier so it couldn't be crossed willy nilly. Now we got two humans trying to bypass that.
Of course, Coyote was the one who made the Annan River in the first place, smiting the land and splitting the Court and the Forest. The Court couldn't have gone through much trouble to make sure everything going between back and fourth was regulated if it weren't for that.

Also I'm pretty sure they made the barrier, Jeanne, first and the bridge second, possibly centuries later.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You dumb kids ruin everything!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

This page made me grin probably more than any other page in recent memory. Yay! :woop:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Also I'm pretty sure they made the barrier, Jeanne, first and the bridge second, possibly centuries later.

Coyote explicitly says this; the Court did "something" to the water (he doesn't know what), and then later built a bridge "on their terms". It's not clear why Jeanne doesn't kill things that cross the bridge, but it might just be she's got a maximum height she can reach for murder.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

idonotlikepeas posted:

Coyote explicitly says this; the Court did "something" to the water (he doesn't know what), and then later built a bridge "on their terms". It's not clear why Jeanne doesn't kill things that cross the bridge, but it might just be she's got a maximum height she can reach for murder.

You must be this tall to ride.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

idonotlikepeas posted:

The lamps that constantly shine on the bridge might be for something more than burning shadow men.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
I'm not sure it's gonna matter a whole hell of a lot what the bored old man thinks. Coyote will back Annie because it'll be interesting. That's all the support she needs, forest-side. In the court she has the support of the new court medium and his protector, both of whom are very powerful on their own. All Kat has to do is say the word and the court's robots are with them. Jones won't interfere. Really the only opposing force to worry about is Ysengrin, who could accidentally become violent from Coyote's urgings even if he is willing to allow post-transition humans back into the forest.

So the sides basically look like this:
Trickster god + Fire Elemental/Forest Medium + Court Medium + Defender + Robot god + Robots + others vs Bored Headmaster +/- Ysengrin.

Outlooks's pretty dire on continued absolute segregation. Plus the whole power of love/friendship angle could possibly be part of freeing Jeanne and improving relations between the court and forest would be a good step toward reconciliation of some kind.

EDIT: Can somebody make a happy fairy in Annie's hair avatar?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is the Headmaster actually in charge of the whole Court, or just the children? Certainly the impression I got is that there's a lot more people like him high up in the shadows that don't get screen time.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Not to mention, considering the Headmaster to be any worse than Coyote is stretching things. He's definietely shady as hell, but Coyote isn't any better.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

GabrielAisling posted:

Can somebody make a happy fairy in Annie's hair avatar?

This works?

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.

Iceclaw posted:

Not to mention, considering the Headmaster to be any worse than Coyote is stretching things. He's definietely shady as hell, but Coyote isn't any better.

Coyote's just a different kind of bad. He wouldn't go along with it because it would be good for the inhabitants of the forest and the court. He'd go along with the idea because it would befun. The level of said fun would depend largely upon who and how many members of court management dislike the idea.

The Headmaster is the one who ultimately declared the medium for the entire court, not just the school, so even if he isn't the guy running everything, he is the face of whoever is running everything, which amounts to more or less the same thing. I doubt the higher-ups in the court know any details about Jeanne and what was done to create their death barrier. Diego had it all scrubbed clean and regardless of how good he was at being a person, he was remarkably competent at any mechanical tasks he set for himself. His only true failure was in not stealing Jeanne from her established relationship.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

GabrielAisling posted:

So the sides basically look like this:
Trickster god + Fire Elemental/Forest Medium + Court Medium + Defender + Robot god + Robots + others vs Bored Headmaster +/- Ysengrin.

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why Annie and company haven't tripped more alarm bells among the court leadership. I imagine that they keep the court under surveillance in some way, and it would be hard to miss the power base that these kids are building, intentionally or not. Either they really don't know, or they've got some even more powerful tricks up their sleeves to counter it. While I doubt things would really come down to a straight up fight, you still think the court want to be prepared for it. If nothing else, they surely likes being in control of things.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Power base wtf, they're sitting around a campfire telling a little fairy that yes she can see her friend that's chill w/us.

The only thing we know for certain about the court is that they are trying to become god.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

SHISHKABOB posted:

The only thing we know for certain about the court is something Coyote said

I think I see a flaw in your reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm p sure a certain trustable someone said coyote never lies, and that is the most dangerous part about him.