Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I might have a spike brewing, but I won't see it until Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
:siren: I've got a morning price of 235 bells over here in Serenity! :siren:

I never buy turnips, so I'm fine with keeping it morning all day if need be.

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

Miz Kriss posted:

I got two for you. Gotta check on Moe's house and then I can be over. My FC is in the spreadsheet.

Whoops, I didn't check back on this thread until now. IRC would probably be easier to coordinate. :)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

jess posted:

Whoops, I didn't check back on this thread until now. IRC would probably be easier to coordinate. :)

haha no worries. I'm gonna have my gates open all evening anyway for anyone who wants to snag turnip prices, so you can always drop by then. ((I don't have IRC))

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
E: Nevermind, took care of it.

Factory Davey fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 10, 2014

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Thanks to everyone who funded my town hall renovation! :neckbeard:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can you recruit villagers from another person's campsite? If so I have Iggy camping and I seem to remember someone was going for an all penguin thing (I can't take him, I'm full).

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Anyone feel like taking Cheddar? She's camping out and looks like a cool gal. My FC is in the spreadsheet.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

^^^You can't get villagers from someone else's campsite to visit your town. There's a single post on a tumblr somewhere that says that you can, but there are no pictures of the event and I've never seen anyone say that they've seen it for themselves. If you can't invite them to your town, hang out with them a while, get their unique camping furniture, and let them move on.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Oh hey I guess I had an extra town slot after all.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Anyone feel like taking Cheddar? She's camping out and looks like a cool gal. My FC is in the spreadsheet.

Anyways it's "Chadder" and HE is a smug villager who I already have. He's a dork.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Is there anyone who wants Gaston in case he chooses to move out?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

The Orange Mage posted:

Anyways it's "Chadder" and HE is a smug villager who I already have. He's a dork.

Chadder always hated whenever I made positive comments on his place. He made himself feel so unwelcome :/

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Guys.

GUYS.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/jjSDI9T.png:nws:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

sometimes i go to other ppl's towns but the shops all say "this store is closed for some reason" and i can't do poo poo

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Been playing more, leaving the 3DS in the living room seems to be doing the trick. It seems the only fossils I need are a triceratops tail and an iguanodon tail, which explains why Blathers never wants the fossils I find now. Also some jerky looking bird named Twiggy moved in yesterday. They look angry all the time. I hope they never leave.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Anyone able to open up for a minute so I can get signatures for No More Documentaries? My FC is 2664-2679-8444.

Edit: vv Thanks!

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 10, 2014

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I can open, 0001-3312-4455.

Edit: Does any want a bunch of unidentified fossils? I have 15 of them and my fossil collection is complete so I don't need them.

rhoga fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 10, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can use fossils! I'm still working on my collection/models.
code is 4356 - 1574 - 0212

e - thanks Rhoga :3:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 10, 2014

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Corridor posted:

sometimes i go to other ppl's towns but the shops all say "this store is closed for some reason" and i can't do poo poo

pls tell me why this happens

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

It means they opened their gate before 6 am, so the game can't do its new day preparation, which includes giving the shops new inventory, until they close their gates again. Nothing you can do about it.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

So Willow, the snooty yellow sheep, is moving out of my town today. I'm a little sad because I didn't know until today, but I'm okay with her going to a good place. Let me know if you want her! I live in CST but my in-game clock is set back 6 hours (for rad nighttime gaming sessions), so I should be able to accommodate people anywhere.

Her mouth says, "I'll miss you," but her eyes say, "Wait, who... are you?"

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

broken pixel posted:

So Willow, the snooty yellow sheep, is moving out of my town today. I'm a little sad because I didn't know until today, but I'm okay with her going to a good place. Let me know if you want her! I live in CST but my in-game clock is set back 6 hours (for rad nighttime gaming sessions), so I should be able to accommodate people anywhere.

Her mouth says, "I'll miss you," but her eyes say, "Wait, who... are you?"

I'd like her! My FC is 3437-3695-2934.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Need signatures if anybody's available. 2277-7321-6232

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Genovera posted:

I'd like her! My FC is 3437-3695-2934.

Fabulous! I'm Chizou at 0344-9296-8141. I'll hop on and leave my gates open or let me know of a specific time that's good for you.

EDIT: I'll add you, too, Javelin. Stop by any time!
EDIT 2: All right, everyone's taken care of. Thanks all for visiting and thanks for the apples!

broken pixel fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 11, 2014

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:

Bina posted:

Is there anyone who wants Gaston in case he chooses to move out?

I would love so much to take Gaston if that happens. Let me know!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

i want a grumpy villager

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

goddamn the gracie series is ugly as gently caress

Bladesofskrm
Apr 30, 2014
Hey guys, this game is new to me. Is it worth playing? I heard some concerns from other players about their character skin tones.

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Bladesofskrm posted:

Hey guys, this game is new to me. Is it worth playing? I heard some concerns from other players about their character skin tones.

Well you are white when you start with your character. If you want to be darker skinned then you can "tan" and it makes you darker and darker and idk how far it goes cause i am good with being white but I have accidentally left my character out and the tanning does work so. But the game is quite a fun time! I played for over 9 months and started to get bored around there but still read here. it is worth playing :)

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Corridor posted:

goddamn the gracie series is ugly as gently caress

Isn't it? I can't wait for the next set. I want both complete Gorgeous and Sweets collections...

Also, yesterday Mathilda let me know she'll be moving on the 14th!

She's a snooty kangaroo and has been in Philly from the start, but my heart forever longs for Ankha as my resident snooty, so I'm okay with letting Mathilda go.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So I just got a 3DS and AC; only other AC I played was Wild World. Is there any rule of thumb for when to buy and sell turnips? Like, is there a "don't bother to buy over X price" line?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Buy at whatever price. The difference is only 20 bells. Try to sell at 200+, but the maximum is about 600. Even though there are fewer posters right now, you still are pretty certain to get a good price.

I need to get signatures for a petition, but only cranky villagers will do. Anybody want to let me pester their grumpy old men for signatures?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Require More Fire posted:

So I just got a 3DS and AC; only other AC I played was Wild World. Is there any rule of thumb for when to buy and sell turnips? Like, is there a "don't bother to buy over X price" line?

I wouldn't bother to buy turnips if your price is over 100. As for selling, that's more tricky. If you can pick up a good price during the week, cool, but if it's getting to Thursday or so and you've still got turnips, sell for any price that will make you a profit.

For some help, try using The Turnip Wizard. It tracks the trends of your turnip prices and tells you the best time to sell.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

rhoga posted:

I need to get signatures for a petition, but only cranky villagers will do. Anybody want to let me pester their grumpy old men for signatures?

I've got two cranky villagers (Kabuki and Fang) in my town, and will be home at around 5:15-5:30pm CST, if that helps. :)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

:siren: IRC user m64 has announced that he has a turnip price of 305 bells. :siren:

He does not have an SA account, so the only way to get in touch with him is through the IRC channel: irc.synirc.net #AnimalCrossing. Refer to the OP for instructions on getting on the channel.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

rhoga, I added you to my friends list and opened Philly's gates if you want to come by for signatures. I'll have them open until 7:15-ish CST, and if you need them open afterwards, let me know.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Could you close and reopen? I didn't think to add you until just now, so I can't see your town until you do.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

rhoga posted:

Buy at whatever price. The difference is only 20 bells. Try to sell at 200+, but the maximum is about 600. Even though there are fewer posters right now, you still are pretty certain to get a good price.

I've got two, Bruce and Lobo. I'll open up in a few, FC's in the spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

rhoga posted:

Could you close and reopen? I didn't think to add you until just now, so I can't see your town until you do.

Crap, I put my 3DS down and fell asleep. :( I'm open again, and I'll leave my 3DS open for several hours. I'll be af...ds? though.

• Locked thread