Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

hailthefish posted:

Does anyone else get random freezes where the screen goes black for a few seconds before coming back and being frozen in place with sound looping (but ingame voice still working) for several seconds?

Yep, it's a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

A Tartan Tory posted:

That was a hilarious double drop on Scarred Mesa, GOON, keep it up!
Confirmed, and GOON's dumb gal meta in general has been great for sprinkling certs down on me like manna from the heavens. It probably works pretty well on the TR pubbies though, they seem to think that their guns are for vehicles and their rockets are for infantry :iiam:

We need to collectively audiobook that fanfic; Like, a different person reads each chapter and then we stitch them together. PM me or post here if you got no PMs, I'm willing to handle the logistics and audio editing if there's enough interest.

Also totally and completely unrelated, since Tartan Tory has no PMs for some reason, I saw this on imgur and thought of you~

Desideratus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 11, 2014

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Sure, i can do a bit of that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That gal meta consisted of my gal (which is pimped out and got a lot of kills that run) and some stock ones to drop. If a more detailed analysis is desired, just skim this very thread for pictures and accounts of making retarded certs riding a GOON space whale. Or ask Steve! It's not like they're NC-only

Dropped in, suppressed spawn, held the point, reinforcements came in, pushed off point when pops hit 60/40 against, call went out for help up north, pulled rocket Reavers as a "gently caress you and goodbye" to the air swarm the VS were obviously about to pull (we were right, lol rip in piss Libs), then took broken arch and 2 from the TR to push the VS into last place. PHX doubtless failed horribly WW1-style there but GOON's presence consisted of all of maybe 4 minutes

I don't see what was so exceptional about that Scarred Mesa fight? Why not mention how pretty much the entire VS failed miserably at capping xroads despite hitting it suddenly with multiple platoons and taking the SCU down before a response could form? Or how they couldn't even secure A point despite the NC not having any spawns lol

Every faction got dumber with the merger, large numbers and what have you. It's not like the VS have been blowing the world away and certainly the TR aren't

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Counterpoint: Nobody expects the TR to be good.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Oh agreed, I'm not saying the VS as a whole are any better or smarter; I just mentioned the Galaxy thing because it seems like half the gals I see are GOON, and GOON pulling a ton of gals seems to have rubbed off on the pubbies (Or maybe Waterson NC always did that?) because I often see flight-ceiling gals hovering over fights slowly trickling certs troops down to the defenders.

As for Scarred Mesa, it was mostly that NC tried like three times in a row to take it, with exactly the same results every time, and they probably only stopped trying because the continent got locked :v:
VS couldn't hold Crossroads because instead of protecting points and the SCU, they all decided to camp the spawn instead, and NC just came in from Xenotech unopposed :shepface:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nakar posted:

Counterpoint: Nobody expects the TR to be good.

And because of this they run away with some wins because the VS and NC are dead-set on fighting each other (forumside whining aside) :(

Desideratus posted:

Oh agreed, I'm not saying the VS as a whole are any better or smarter; I just mentioned the Galaxy thing because it seems like half the gals I see are GOON, and GOON pulling a ton of gals seems to have rubbed off on the pubbies (Or maybe Waterson NC always did that?) because I often see flight-ceiling gals hovering over fights slowly trickling certs troops down to the defenders.

As for Scarred Mesa, it was mostly that NC tried like three times in a row to take it, with exactly the same results every time, and they probably only stopped trying because the continent got locked :v:
VS couldn't hold Crossroads because instead of protecting points and the SCU, they all decided to camp the spawn instead, and NC just came in from Xenotech unopposed :shepface:

To be fair it was a mighty convoy from Xeno

I think that the Watersonians pulled a lot of air. I know my yell mannerisms are rubbing off on them but I've seen plenty of gal friends up in the skies with me from day 1. Generally they're pulled to just act as a flying spawn, a case in which you KNOW they're from Waterson NC because that sort of thing never went down on Mattherson. It barely does now and we've got PREY and QRY on our side along with every one of the zerg fits running a bunch of air.

Call them noobs or whatever but it's drat useful to have at big fights because if you're RIGHT AT flight ceiling you often won't render, meaning it's just us gal jockeys up there complementing each others' gals :dukedog:

NNG definitely have the strangehold on battle gals for the VS. I see a single one running for V sometimes, and DA has one as well. Outside of those 3 I KNOW it's just a drop and ditch "be the last person to hit me!" gal. Except for SenorSteve of course, but at this point he has formed a weird symbiosis with his gal and has become an entity neither gal nor man

edit - wait, hold on, did the VS lose that assault because they were camping a spawn after the SCU went down?

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 11, 2014

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

edit - wait, hold on, did the VS lose that assault because they were camping a spawn after the SCU went down?
Correct. The Xeno zerg was completely and utterly unopposed until they capped C and A, at which point all the VS pubs camping an empty spawn left, and the NC repaired the SCU. #WatersonWasntReady

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
How do you lose a base after taking the SCU? That's...

No, that's impressive. I'm impressed at the level of incompetence there. You have to try to gently caress up that badly.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah, it was almost like NC were playing VS today. :eyepop:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Camping with an AC-X11 above a Zotz bio lab landing pad filled with oblivious VS pubbies is the best thing. So many headshots. :signings:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Y'know what, Emerald TR, is it too much to ask that you not jump right in front of my firing line to try and fail to steal all my kills? Or failing that, at least don't loving suck at it? If I've created a doorway of death for NC rushing past you're helping nothing walking directly in front of me to stare slack-jawed at all the NC that get past. At least they'll kill you instead of me, but gently caress you and your greed, only my greed is valid because I'm actually competent at this game.

This is one reason I loving want ally collision on, even though I know that on the whole it's a bad idea. :argh:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nakar posted:

Y'know what, Emerald TR, is it too much to ask that you not jump right in front of my firing line to try and fail to steal all my kills? Or failing that, at least don't loving suck at it? If I've created a doorway of death for NC rushing past you're helping nothing walking directly in front of me to stare slack-jawed at all the NC that get past. At least they'll kill you instead of me, but gently caress you and your greed, only my greed is valid because I'm actually competent at this game.

This is one reason I loving want ally collision on, even though I know that on the whole it's a bad idea. :argh:

The loving worst is when someone phases into you from behind while you're shooting and you shoot them despite being completely unaware of their existence except for a second gun barrel protruding from your chest.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Yes. Yes, I think I shall indeed spend part of tomorrow recording a reading of that fanfic. I think I shall indeed.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Yeah, it was almost like NC were playing VS today. :eyepop:

It really does feel that way today. I can not believe how terrible and stupid the VS has been today compared to usual. Maybe I am just salty though after getting rear hitted 3 times in the space of 10 seconds by friendlies while in a magrider blowing it up.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bloody Pom posted:

Camping with an AC-X11 above a Zotz bio lab landing pad filled with oblivious VS pubbies is the best thing. So many headshots. :signings:

X11 with suppressor/HVA/adv grip is just unfair in biolabs. If it weren't for the Cyclone there'd be no other choice

In big fights take that suppressor off. You'll be on the minimap yeah but bad won't notice, and goods will already be searching the spots you'll be in

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
NC Connery took Hossin 30 minutes before an Indar alert ended, managed to engineer a draw so we kept the XP bonus :coal:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

hailthefish posted:

The loving worst is when someone phases into you from behind while you're shooting and you shoot them despite being completely unaware of their existence except for a second gun barrel protruding from your chest.

Oh god, or the guy who strafe phases into you and headshot bursts you down instantly because he was oblivious.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nakar posted:

I've noticed this too when we have our TR nights. They seriously love walking in front of friendly guns that are already firing. Literally the first time I ever got weapons locked was during a TR night and I've been playing since loving beta.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

NihilCredo posted:

Paying-players double XP or all-players double XP?

That might have been misinterpreting one of the load screen blurbs. The next announcement for double xp, starting July 18, doesn't say that its particular weekend is members-only when announcements in the past actually specified that it was members-only.
Maybe the wording is meant to be confusing? I've probably been an overeager moron! :downs:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

o muerte posted:

Oh god, or the guy who strafe phases into you and headshot bursts you down instantly because he was oblivious.

This but the other way around. As someone who uses 200 damage guns in rapid bursts almost exclusively, I've probably earned as many grief points as a Lasher user, all from instagibbing people who walk through me like 5 round bursts to their head at 0m from a Tross isn't going to instantly blow them the gently caress up.

I'd also like to toss another out there that seems to happen to me CONSTANTLY, which is when you've got a beautiful line on someone or a group of someones, then a giant piece of debris comes down out of NOWHERE and stops right in front of you, blocking your shot. Or a drop pod.

Erata posted:

That might have been misinterpreting one of the load screen blurbs. The next announcement for double xp, starting July 18, doesn't say that its particular weekend is members-only when announcements in the past actually specified that it was members-only.
Maybe the wording is meant to be confusing? I've probably been an overeager moron! :downs:

I think they had a double exp for all planned the week before the one for the members, to get more people in to try out Hossin. The one over the 4th wasn't planned, they just kinda did it (and own for doing so)

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

I think they had a double exp for all planned the week before the one for the members, to get more people in to try out Hossin. The one over the 4th wasn't planned, they just kinda did it (and own for doing so)

Yeah they do! Anyway, uh, RadarX on Forumside confirmed that the July 18th block will be all-players Double XP. :homebrew:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2xp-loadscreen-advert-wording-clarification.193340/#post-2804660

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

An alert popped earlier on Connery, an Esamir alert. NC held 92% territory.

Needless to say we got 10k for our cont lock. :allears: It was like the last 10 minutes of an alert right from the start! I joked with Higby about it and he spawned a Hossin territory alert for us.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 11, 2014

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Wait, Higby on Connery is Higby?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Infidelicious posted:

Wait, Higby on Connery is Higby?

How do you think he's able to swap factions at will to auraxium guns?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Always figured it was a troll, so I never paid attention.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Nakar posted:

Y'know what, Emerald TR, is it too much to ask that you not jump right in front of my firing line to try and fail to steal all my kills?
I think part of that may be server lag issues, I think I killed more GOKUs than the TR or NC did today, and half of the time they weren't in front of me on my screen; The most egregious one was managing to shoot Innominate even though he was a cool 10 feet away on my screen. My rocket actually flew past him out the door I was spamming, exploded in midair, and he flopped over dead while being obviously out of my way :soe:

Some of those were just people walking through me though, other than one time (Advert34 :rip:) I think they were all still behind me on their screen. I also had this happen to me once, I was behind a pubbie, he started firing the direction opposite of me, and I flopped over dead; Lag just seemed absurdly bad today all throughout primetime.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Desideratus posted:

I think part of that may be server lag issues, I think I killed more GOKUs than the TR or NC did today, and half of the time they weren't in front of me on my screen; The most egregious one was managing to shoot Innominate even though he was a cool 10 feet away on my screen. My rocket actually flew past him out the door I was spamming, exploded in midair, and he flopped over dead while being obviously out of my way :soe:

Some of those were just people walking through me though, other than one time (Advert34 :rip:) I think they were all still behind me on their screen. I also had this happen to me once, I was behind a pubbie, he started firing the direction opposite of me, and I flopped over dead; Lag just seemed absurdly bad today all throughout primetime.

Server performance has been *really* bad for me the last couple of nights in big fights. I've had dozens of instances where I'm headshot chaining an enemy with my shield up and my bullets just stop registering, then I fall over dead about a second later. Or hostiles not rendering for me until I'm within 10m. I've also seen hit registration lag for up to 5 seconds at a time - I mag dumped into one guy then took cover to reload, only for all my bullets to register at the same time and instakill him :psyduck:

I've also noticed that client performance seems to go to poo poo within about an hour of starting a session - it's gotten bad enough that I have an autohotkey bind to terminate the process so I can log back in without having to rejoin my squad.

I really wish they'd do another optimization pass on the client and server. It seems like a lot of the gains they made in December are completely gone after new changes.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Thats me in almost every fight and you guys always ask why i'm near weapons lock constantly. You'll be shooting a clear doorway and hitting an ally who as there 3 seconds ago and holy gently caress if you dont shoot through some of the stupid idiots that flanking LA is gonna kill both of you haha.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Desideratus posted:

Also totally and completely unrelated, since Tartan Tory has no PMs for some reason, I saw this on imgur and thought of you~

This sounds like a traditonal Scottish wedding.

Also if you want a dramatic reading in a shakespearian accent I am your man!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Lag is terrible lately, for sure. Try crouching at the edge of a doorway or inside a window and just sort of watch what happens. If there's a spawn shield it's easier to notice, but it's really loving obvious when you just randomly slide or teleport around for no loving reason, and then you either can't stand up or get "stuck" next to the doorframe for a second. You'll also see people crouching in windows on their client half-phased into the wall and constantly flickering, which never happened before. Something is decidedly hosed and has been for a month or more.

Maybe you're better off not leaving the spawn at all, like I haven't done yet on my newest character (even though I died once to a glitch, but rezzes :shrug:). I'm not just a spawn room hero... I'm a spawn room god:

Yes, apparently they actually put a symbol in there for infinite KDR.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I've been disconnecting a lot lately, as well. Also dibs on Chapter 6, holy crapshits.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
On the topic of lag and desynch, does anybody have any insight on why base geometry appears in the world, floating in mid air, and is completely interactable with? Like, a single tile of base flooring will be floating around somewhere on Indar and if you really, really wanted to, you could land an ESF on it.

Is it client-side? If it's actually server-side, that would be incredibly bizarre.

It has zero tactical value. It'd be a giant target for a lib to swat down if anybody tried to do anything with it.

edit: Thanks for the responses. It's hilariously amazing.

Erata fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 11, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It happens when you swap continents and it doesn't unload everything from the old continent. Why it does that who even knows.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Its a bug that's been around a couple months now that happens when you switch a continent. For whatever reason, sometimes the assets from the previous continent you were on aren't unloaded and still exist in the gamespace. They only exist for your client, but if for instance you are in a gunship with another guy and he rams the floating thing, you will explode but on his screen you hit nothing and just died.

Yes they know about the bug but haven't fixed it yet.

Edit: beaten. :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Crossposting with the GOKU thread, but I'm seriously considering going to SOE Live this year. Has anyone gone?

Also, this panel sounds neat

PM Player Panel: Inter-Outfit Operations in PS2 Our panel will discuss how VS on the Mattherson server do their large scale inter-outfit operations, ION (Inter-Outfit Operations Night) as seen and featured on FNO (Friday Night Op’s). The panel covers topics such as: the goals, objectives and methods of these operations, how each faction handles communications, leadership, public and inter-outfit relations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Because it's client-side if you got lucky and loaded a hill over a base or something you could snipe from it while to everyone else you're just sniping from midair or something.

I've also seen glitches lately with geometry just not loading at all on Hossin. Invisible walls, nonexistent floors, etc. There's also the glitch that kills you by dropping you under the world in VR, and I've also ended up under the world on Indar.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
DOWN WITH HIGBY! NO SQUADS NO MASTERS! #4THFACTION

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 11, 2014

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nakar posted:

Because it's client-side if you got lucky and loaded a hill over a base or something you could snipe from it while to everyone else you're just sniping from midair or something.

I've also seen glitches lately with geometry just not loading at all on Hossin. Invisible walls, nonexistent floors, etc. There's also the glitch that kills you by dropping you under the world in VR, and I've also ended up under the world on Indar.

I've watched countless pubbies fall to their deaths at the treehouse (whatever it's called) because of a missing floor panel right in front of the vehicle term, myself included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sitchelin posted:

I've watched countless pubbies fall to their deaths at the treehouse (whatever it's called) because of a missing floor panel right in front of the vehicle term, myself included.

This is the best part about this base, just chilling at the vehicle term and watching people sail through that gap. A great reward for actually managing to cap it because gently caress whoever thought of putting a base that hard to take right next to a warpgate - pushing that lane back out from a warpgated position is kinda ridiculous

• Locked thread