Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I always liked the "How many big models can I fit on the field" army for Tau, it was something weird like 3 Riptides 2 Imperial Knights and just all Suits.

I dunno I bet it would be pretty cool looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Blood Angels Army- 1500 pts

HQ
-Librarian w/Jump Pack 125

Elites
-Sanguinary Guard w/2 Power Fist 220
-2 Sanguinary Priest w/Jump Pack 150

Troops
-10 Death Company w/3 Power Sword and 2 Thunder Hammer 305
-2 Death Company Dreadnought w/Lightning Claws 250
-10 Assault Squad w/2 Meltas and Infernus Pistol Sergeant 225 (Attach Sang Priest)
-10 Assault Squad w/2 Meltas and Infernus Pistol Sergeant 225 (Attach Sang Priest)

For this list, I've decided to go with "Units I think look cool and want to see how they do" approach. This is probably going to see use against Tau next week and possibly Chaos Space Marines also. I'm probably not skilled enough to make effective use of even a good list, so I'm curious to see how this will do.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Blood Angels Librarians are pretty boss aren't they? They get some extra stuff for being Blood Angels? Plus, you can go for Biomancy and have him running around with Iron Arm.

I don't think I've ever actually played against Blood Angels.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Ratflinger posted:

Thank you for the input. I tried to fiddle a bit with the list and get two Devilfish in there at 1500, and by cutting 14 fire warriors and a pathfinder, I get both kitted with disruption pods and smart missile systems, as well as a fireblade and transports for both troop squads. The suits run twin linked plasma and a fusion blaster. The riptides run IA, twin-linked fusion blasters, velocity trackers and early warning override.

I am a little concerned that there are too few wounds around, but on the other hand the fire warrior units get AV 12 rides and higher leadership. It seems like a pretty good way to expand the list and will probably be what I spring for. It does give them a way to run around the field taking objectives though, rather than slogging by foot.

Fire warriors look to have good damage output, but man do they seem squishy next to my immortals.

Tau troops in particular, and most of their units in general, are pretty squishy (bar their tanks.) You're mostly looking to hit the enemy hard enough that they can't push back on you; I tend to Go to Ground pretty liberally with Tau units. With your models, I would probably do a 1500 like this:

code:
1 Ethereal
3 Crisis Suit (Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle, 1 Drone Controller, 6 Markerlight Drones)
1 Riptide (Ion Accelerator, TLFusion, Velocity Tracker, Early Warning Override)
1 Riptide (Ion Accelerator, TLFusion, Velocity Tracker, Early Warning Override)
6 Fire Warriors
6 Fire Warriors
11 Fire Warriors (Devilfish w/Disruption Pod)
12 Fire Warriors (Devilfish w/Disruption Pod)
5 Pathfinders
1 Broadside (TLMissile, TLSMS, 1 Missile Drone)
Alternately, you could swap the Ethereal for the Fireblade and combine the two minimum-sized units together. I'm a big fan of Markerlight Drones with Crisis units, although it's not quite ideal here; you could potentially also drop them (likely in favor of a pair of Gun Drones, just for ablative wounds/morale purposes) in order to grab the Fireblade as well.

Two Riptides at 1500 does end up being rather a lot, so you may find that cutting down to one in order to fit some extra support in will help a lot- without good Markerlights or other support equipment (Shadowsun's Command Link Drone, the Targeting Relay objective, etc) a Riptide isn't nearly as dangerous.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
The Blood Angels get some cool/unique Psychic powers since I'm still playing 6th edition. Compared to a Codex: Space Marines Librarian, they are worse in a couple of ways. For example, the Librarian with a Jump Pack in C:SM would cost 80 points instead of Blood Angels' 125 points! And the BA Librarian doesn't benefit from Red Thirst, unlike C:SM Librarians who get their Chapter Tactics. Otherwise their stats and starting wargear are identical and they're both mastery level 1.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

TKIY posted:

Just looking for an opinion here. I'm kicking off a 7th edition Escalation campaign for a group of beerhammer players. We have a 'no dick lists' policy in place but our guard player has submitted two lists for the 750pt kickoff.

List #1 is Pask in a Punisher + Executioner sidekick with 2 x Meltavets in Chimeras.

List #2 is 2 x Meltavets in Chimeras, a blob and a pair of Wyverns.

Does either of these seem a little gamey or am I needlessly overrating 2 Russes or 2 Wyverns at 750pts?
This is a little further back, but I'm adding my vote - tell this guy to get hosed. Both lists are him trying to cover all his bases (which is noble enough, mind,) but doing it in the most obnoxious way possible. List 1 reads "Remove one of my opponent's units that is not a heavy tank per turn, and kill any tanks that wander into range." List 2 is "kill any tanks that wander into range, never give up my objective while gunning down units, and murder any and all infantry."

I mean, if you're running goddamn Genestealers this dude is being a son of a bitch. You take a Wyvern pair and Pask with a Punisher in IG lists that are loving working hard to win the game, and he's bringing them in at 750 points. The lists are way too optimal for "low power," essentially.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

The Blood Angels get some cool/unique Psychic powers since I'm still playing 6th edition. Compared to a Codex: Space Marines Librarian, they are worse in a couple of ways. For example, the Librarian with a Jump Pack in C:SM would cost 80 points instead of Blood Angels' 125 points! And the BA Librarian doesn't benefit from Red Thirst, unlike C:SM Librarians who get their Chapter Tactics. Otherwise their stats and starting wargear are identical and they're both mastery level 1.

Oh that's terrible then. I think my favorite cock up was when the FAQs removed (Fast) from all of the vehicles.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

raverrn posted:

They have Skyfire. They do it all the time. :/

I had no clue that Interceptor no longer allows Skyfire stuff to shoot at ground targets at full BS. Ouch.

Am I understanding this right that right now there is literally no way to fire the Interceptor Drones' Ion Rifles in blast mode? You can't shoot blasts at flyers and you can't snap shoot blasts. I really hope that gets FAQed or I'm missing something. Super lame.

The first time I ever fielded a Sun Shark, I immediately disembarked the Interceptor Drones and unloaded into the back of a full health Annihilation Barge, blowing it up. At the same time, the bomber itself blew away a res orb Necron Lord. It really saved my rear end and I've used them ever since. Pretty depressing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I had no idea people felt that way about Wyverns. I'm all self conscious now for bringing a pair of Thudd Guns to a few games :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BULBASAUR posted:

I had no idea people felt that way about Wyverns. I'm all self conscious now for bringing a pair of Thudd Guns to a few games :v:

Quad launchers/Thudd guns are pretty much universally considered way undercosted and super good. People are more split on Wyverns, some people think they're amazing and others think they're meh. I've never used one myself.

Anybody wanna buy 3 Forgeworld Hydras so I can use the money to buy 3 plastic Hydra/Wyvern kits? :v:

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

DO IT TO IT posted:

I had no clue that Interceptor no longer allows Skyfire stuff to shoot at ground targets at full BS. Ouch.

Am I understanding this right that right now there is literally no way to fire the Interceptor Drones' Ion Rifles in blast mode? You can't shoot blasts at flyers and you can't snap shoot blasts. I really hope that gets FAQed or I'm missing something. Super lame.

The first time I ever fielded a Sun Shark, I immediately disembarked the Interceptor Drones and unloaded into the back of a full health Annihilation Barge, blowing it up. At the same time, the bomber itself blew away a res orb Necron Lord. It really saved my rear end and I've used them ever since. Pretty depressing.

Actually now in 7th edition, according to straight RAW, you can't target a Zooming Flyer with Blast/L.Blast/Template weapons ever, even if the weapon has Skyfire. However, for some reason, you CAN target Swooping FMCs with Blast/L.Blast/Template weapons that have Skyfire. There is a clear distinction in the phrasing of "Hard to Hit" for Zooming Flyers and Swooping FMCs that makes FMCs worse than they were in 6e in this specific instance.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 11, 2014

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Von Humboldt posted:

This is a little further back, but I'm adding my vote - tell this guy to get hosed. Both lists are him trying to cover all his bases (which is noble enough, mind,) but doing it in the most obnoxious way possible. List 1 reads "Remove one of my opponent's units that is not a heavy tank per turn, and kill any tanks that wander into range." List 2 is "kill any tanks that wander into range, never give up my objective while gunning down units, and murder any and all infantry."

I mean, if you're running goddamn Genestealers this dude is being a son of a bitch. You take a Wyvern pair and Pask with a Punisher in IG lists that are loving working hard to win the game, and he's bringing them in at 750 points. The lists are way too optimal for "low power," essentially.

I think you're exaggerating slightly. Pask squadron is a very extreme unit and that should be toned down at 750 pts. But when you are describing melta vets as 'kill any tanks that wander into range' and blobs as 'never give up my objective while gunning down units' - with the implication that using these units is unfair - it comes off as a bit much. Do you think all IG players should use single infantry squads with grenade launchers unless playing in hardcore competitive games? Again, I agree about the pask thing, it is just a bit of a heavy unit for 750 pts, like bringing a deathstar. But you can't just ban everyone with units that you consider good. 2 wyverns is 130 pts, hardly an extreme level of spam.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pacheeco posted:

Actually now in 7th edition, according to straight RAW, you can't target a Zooming Flyer with Blast/L.Blast/Template weapons ever, even if the weapon has Skyfire. However, for some reason, you CAN target Swooping FMCs with Blast/L.Blast/Template weapons that have Skyfire. There is a clear distinction in the phrasing of "Hard to Hit" for Zooming Flyers and Swooping FMCs that makes FMCs worse than they were in 6e in this specific instance.

Do you still get to shoot at skimmers with skyfire?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
yeah, skimmers are the one target that both Skyfire and non-Skyfire things don't need to Snapfire at.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My current favorite rule interpretation ( which is totally not true) is that since it says only psychic units can cast psychic powers if a psyker joins a unit he can't cast psychic powers, it's the most mind numbingly frustrating argument.

Sorry I argue over plastic mens on the internets.

I really need to stop.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Quad launchers/Thudd guns are pretty much universally considered way undercosted and super good. People are more split on Wyverns, some people think they're amazing and others think they're meh. I've never used one myself.

Anybody wanna buy 3 Forgeworld Hydras so I can use the money to buy 3 plastic Hydra/Wyvern kits? :v:

Wyverns are not the emperors gift to humanity - they're strictly anti infantry basically. But Holy loving poo poo twin linked shred and ignore cover with four templates for 65 pts is unbelievably good at racking up wounds. Land 12-13 wounds on a tactical squad and laugh. Two for 130 points is a war crime

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks to a generous donation from Tuxedo Jack and persuasion from Ghetto Wormhole, I'm now converting 6 quad guns and 6 rapier batteries.

For casual games.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

This is a mistake. The FW Hydras look way better than the new kit.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Don't - they're not that bad. Hell, I think they're talked-up to be more potent than they are a lot of the time. It's just that at 750, they're more than capable of chewing up and spitting out a lot of light units. They're really a kick in the dick to anyone playing an army with light armor saves - imagine you are running Orks or Nids, and your opponent sets those down. At high points values, you have redundancy or your own methods of handling them. They hurt, but you just keep on trucking. If you're going high power at 750, you send over a Flying Hive Tyrant with Brainleech Worms or a Carnifex brood.

At low points values, and lower power levels, you have fewer options and fewer extra mobs. You're in for a rough time.

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think you're exaggerating slightly. Pask squadron is a very extreme unit and that should be toned down at 750 pts. But when you are describing melta vets as 'kill any tanks that wander into range' and blobs as 'never give up my objective while gunning down units' - with the implication that using these units is unfair - it comes off as a bit much. Do you think all IG players should use single infantry squads with grenade launchers unless playing in hardcore competitive games? Again, I agree about the pask thing, it is just a bit of a heavy unit for 750 pts, like bringing a deathstar. But you can't just ban everyone with units that you consider good. 2 wyverns is 130 pts, hardly an extreme level of spam.
The problem is, like I say above, this is lower points values and lower levels. 2 Chimeras filled with 3 Meltaguns isn't unfair in a more powered up game, or at higher points values. But if this guy is running double Melta Vets, and his opponent wanders in going "ah, I'll just bring my single Leman Russ/Predator/Whatever," those Melta Vets will handle it pretty easily. Same deal with blobs - they're perfectly legit normally, and I wouldn't call them unfair. But if your opponent is setting down Genestealers, and you set down your blob and go "alright, I'll order my 4 Autocannons and all my Lasguns to have Ignores Cover," it's not really a good time for your opponent.

Once again, I don't think the units are overpowered normally - it's that at lower points costs, and especially when people agree to a lower power level, that's it's wrong. It's not even that I would want to ban them - just tell the dude to replace the Wvyerns with a Hellhound and the like, so the other players can have a better time and he still gets to roast infantry by the handful.

Sorry if I came off as awfully aggro. I play a lot of low points Warhammer, since it's a good way to squeeze in a game when you don't have enough time for a full round, and I've done both high and low power games, depending on what my opponent felt like. But I've seen that mismatch in power, and it's gross - some poor bastard with a bunch of random Guardsmen and one tank versus me and my more optimized IG at 750 ended with a complete wipe on his side and me losing about ten dudes and a Chimera.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sistergodiva posted:

Of Course that's the one size that german store hasn't got in stock at the moment lol. Thanks though! Do you think the 3x1mm waylandgames has are too thin?

eBay store Spider Magnets is what I use, sometimes eMagnetsUK but its worse pricing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

raverrn posted:

Sun Shark got nerfed in 7th - The Drones can only snapfire at ground targets now.

Truly the worst flyer. Only useful as a Barracuda proxy.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
I had planned on painting my predator chassis tonight, but since I knocked it over while the primer was wet and subsequently covered it in fingerprints, I finished up my bike squad instead.

These guys took me so long. The thought of painting the riders is too much to bare for now. Still, im pleased with the result. Love how the little computer screens turned out. Had to set myself up with a full range of greens just to paint those little buggers

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

So this is what I'm thinking of doing for low-point games

HQ
Archmagos Prime + cyber-familiar + machinator array + lachrimallus + master-crafted phased-plasma fusil + djinn-skein
235 points

Thallax Cohort
Empyrite
160 points

Thallax Cohort
Empyrite
160 points

Thallax Cohort
Empyrite + Photon thruster
185 points

Adsecularis Covenant
10 Thralls + mitralocks + RoPT + Revenant Alchemistry
105 points

Around 850 points, and it includes a T6, 2+3+++, 5+ FNP hero that fires 3 BS6 plasma shots a turn.

Couple of things:

- I would give each Thallax unit a Multi-Melta. Photon Thrusters are nice, but you pay a big premium for a tool that doesn't mesh well with the Lightning Guns.
- Empyrite is nice protection, but at T5 W3 they're already plenty resilient and the points can be used elsewhere.
- The Magos is a huge point sink for only three plasma shots. Resilient, but he could get tarpitted.

An idea might be to get a Castellax in there (85 points), tool-up the Mago for melee, and have both smash stuff in the proverbial dick.
At low points a Castellax should make a lot of people angry.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

ijyt posted:

eBay store Spider Magnets is what I use, sometimes eMagnetsUK but its worse pricing.

Ah, I was ordering some stuff from waylandgames anyways, so I took a chance on 3x1mm magnets, worst case I can buy them later since I don't need them right this moment.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Just bought 5000 "rivets". Will report back on how they work in my Orky constructions next week.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Sistergodiva posted:

Ah, I was ordering some stuff from waylandgames anyways, so I took a chance on 3x1mm magnets, worst case I can buy them later since I don't need them right this moment.

Don't buy anything from Wayland, they are poo poo and take forever. Use Element Games or Dark Sphere.

Rules question: With Tau supporting fire, it says that the supporting units fire as though they were part of the charged unit. Does that mean that when you shoot overwatch, you pick a gun type and fire them from all units at once? So you can't use markerlights from one unit to benefit another unit in the overwatch?

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010

Lungboy posted:

Don't buy anything from Wayland, they are poo poo and take forever. Use Element Games or Dark Sphere.

Rules question: With Tau supporting fire, it says that the supporting units fire as though they were part of the charged unit. Does that mean that when you shoot overwatch, you pick a gun type and fire them from all units at once? So you can't use markerlights from one unit to benefit another unit in the overwatch?

You can use markerlights. The markerlights rulkes specifically states that you can use markerlights to increase your BS while firing overwatch.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Von Humboldt posted:

At low points values, and lower power levels, you have fewer options and fewer extra mobs. You're in for a rough time.
The problem is, like I say above, this is lower points values and lower levels. 2 Chimeras filled with 3 Meltaguns isn't unfair in a more powered up game, or at higher points values. But if this guy is running double Melta Vets, and his opponent wanders in going "ah, I'll just bring my single Leman Russ/Predator/Whatever," those Melta Vets will handle it pretty easily. Same deal with blobs - they're perfectly legit normally, and I wouldn't call them unfair. But if your opponent is setting down Genestealers, and you set down your blob and go "alright, I'll order my 4 Autocannons and all my Lasguns to have Ignores Cover," it's not really a good time for your opponent.

Once again, I don't think the units are overpowered normally - it's that at lower points costs, and especially when people agree to a lower power level, that's it's wrong. It's not even that I would want to ban them - just tell the dude to replace the Wvyerns with a Hellhound and the like, so the other players can have a better time and he still gets to roast infantry by the handful.

I see your point, but there is a very fine line for the imperial guard, given their emphasis on shooting and quantity over quality. Either they pack enough firepower to stop the opposition (not much fun for the opponent) or they get overwhelmed immediately in close combat. I think if your other players are prepared for him, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for him to bring a good army. Pask can still get drop-melta'd like any other tank, wyverns will drop off against armour saves, vehicles and/or full 2" spacing. I would let him play a game or two before stepping in. Of course, if all the other players are spending 100 pts on power fists and plasma pistols for their sergeants, that's a different kettle of fish.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Ratflinger posted:

You can use markerlights. The markerlights rulkes specifically states that you can use markerlights to increase your BS while firing overwatch.

Not that it makes a difference as isn't the rule for overwatch hitting on 6s, not related to BS...? I could be wrong.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, :frogsiren:Salamanders players:frogsiren:, check these out:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SALAMANDERS_LEGION_FIREDRAKES.html

Going to be honest, I almost wish I played Salamanders so I had an excuse to get these guys to use as assault terminators.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Lungboy posted:

Anything wrong with them except shipping times? I have already ordered, but I'm not really in a hurry.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

Hey, :frogsiren:Salamanders players:frogsiren:, check these out:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SALAMANDERS_LEGION_FIREDRAKES.html

Going to be honest, I almost wish I played Salamanders so I had an excuse to get these guys to use as assault terminators.

I was considering it but it's really annoying you can only have TH/SS on them when Firedrakes can be a lot more versatile.

Alternatively, why don't Imperial Fists have a unique Terminator :smith:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Von Humboldt posted:

Don't - they're not that bad. Hell, I think they're talked-up to be more potent than they are a lot of the time. It's just that at 750, they're more than capable of chewing up and spitting out a lot of light units. They're really a kick in the dick to anyone playing an army with light armor saves - imagine you are running Orks or Nids, and your opponent sets those down. At high points values, you have redundancy or your own methods of handling them. They hurt, but you just keep on trucking. If you're going high power at 750, you send over a Flying Hive Tyrant with Brainleech Worms or a Carnifex brood.

Sorry if I came off as awfully aggro. I play a lot of low points Warhammer, since it's a good way to squeeze in a game when you don't have enough time for a full round, and I've done both high and low power games, depending on what my opponent felt like. But I've seen that mismatch in power, and it's gross - some poor bastard with a bunch of random Guardsmen and one tank versus me and my more optimized IG at 750 ended with a complete wipe on his side and me losing about ten dudes and a Chimera.

We have both Nids (myself) and Ork players in this league, along with Eldar, DE, Necrons and Black Templars so it's safe to assume that the Wyverns seem more than a bit cheesy at 750pts with pretty much everyone rocking 4+ armour at the very best and the one guy with 3+ takign an assault-focused army. No flyers at 750pts either, but we can take them at 1,000.

My list for comparison:

HQ
Hive Tyrant (195pts)
Psyker (Mastery Level 2), Shadow in the Warp, Synapse Creature
2x Scything Talons, Regeneration

Troops
Genestealer Brood (140pts)
10x Genestealer
Fleet, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover
Rending Claws

Tyranid Warrior Brood (110pts)
Shadow in the Warp, Synapse Creature
2 x Deathspitter and Scything Talons
1 x Barbed Strangler and Scything Talons

Heavy Support
Carnifex (135pts)
Fearless, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Living Battering Ram
Adrenal Glands, 2x Scything Talons

Exocrine (170pts)
Fearless, Instinctive Behaviour - Hunt, Symbiotic Targeting
Bio-Plasmic Cannon, Scything Talons

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ratflinger posted:

All right, I have just finished painting my first Tau model and the remainder of my stuff should arrive next week. I am not quite sure what I should try and round things up with, and could use some input.

Currently I have:
1 Cadre Fire blade
1 Ethereal
36 Fire warriors
3 Crisis Suits
2 Riptides
10 Pathfinders
3 Broadsides

It is a bit short of the 1500 points I was aiming for, and I am considering either some Kroots or a Hammerhead, perhaps a Devilfish. I guess an Aegis would not be bad either. Suggestions would be appreciated. Currently I am pretty scared of heavy armour. Could also post some pictures tomorrow in case anyone is interested in seeing amateur paint jobs.

No love for a buff commander? Its like the signature HQ for Tau

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Ratflinger posted:

But the markerlight rule states that a unit can't benefit from its own markerlights, and in the support fire rules it says that supporting units act as though they are all part of the charged unit, so surely any markers in either the charged or supporting units won't work for the overwatch?

e: it doesn't say that at all, I'm a tard.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 11, 2014

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Sistergodiva posted:

Anything wrong with them except shipping times? I have already ordered, but I'm not really in a hurry.

Ah poo poo, I just ordered a model from Wayland Games via ebay. Maybe I'll be lucky and it will be fairly prompt.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Speckled Jim posted:

I had planned on painting my predator chassis tonight, but since I knocked it over while the primer was wet and subsequently covered it in fingerprints, I finished up my bike squad instead.

These guys took me so long. The thought of painting the riders is too much to bare for now. Still, im pleased with the result. Love how the little computer screens turned out. Had to set myself up with a full range of greens just to paint those little buggers

These are seriously lovely, and make me want to work on my bikes for my Ultramarines. Well, sort of. Painting bikes is a chore but they look great regardless.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm painting a DV bike at the moment and I'm hating it due to the amount of inaccessible detail and the fact that the scale seems ever so slightly off.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Check yur PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lungboy posted:

I'm painting a DV bike at the moment and I'm hating it due to the amount of inaccessible detail and the fact that the scale seems ever so slightly off.
I need to paint 6 more DV bikes to finish my Dark Angels army. Said bikes have been sitting around assembled but unpainted since November.

• Locked thread