Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

TheSpiritFox posted:

:ssh: They do expect to made fun of they think they're griefing people right now, don't ruin the meta grief by refusing to get angry at their edgy bigotry.

For actual content, I happen to like CTF in TF2 sometimes, but then you occasionally end up in Turbine with 3 engies on each side and simply cannot manage to break the stalemate. Well, I found a way. Get a friend to join the opposite team, and as an engineer build a teleport entrance in the vents above their flag room and the exit in the vents above your own flag room. Then get your friend to convince the entire other team except their engineers to go spy, disguise, and pile through the TP.

I wish I had been able to record the flurry of sapping and backstabbing that followed as 9 spies boiled out of the vents above the flag room. My team had no earthly idea what happened.

oh man, I just stumbled on this thread and the very first thing I thought of when I read the title was Tribes.

Our favorite was what we used to refer to as Llama Trapping. Essentially, built a cage w/ forcefields and platforms in the middle of nowhere, drop a teleporter in it and have a friend drop a teleporter near your team spawn... wait till people ran through, blow up the originating portal and wave at them and take screenshots from outside of the cage. An alternate trap was dropping a bunch of spring-pads down a hallway so people would die from collision damage as they came running through the base.

I'm sure we were far from the only people to do this but at the time as idiot highschoolers or whatever we thought we were pretty drat original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Move the thread to FYAD please so it's funny again and not just Goons jumping over each other to shitpost tia.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
i'm sure fyads are itching to post all sorts of funny posts in this thread if it were moved to fyad.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

qnqnx posted:

loving LOL if you think sexism is still a thing.

MRA bronie spotted

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Bonald Farndhardt posted:

What theme would you guys like the next Ventrilo Harassment to be?

-Lemongrab
-"Whitest Kids U'Know" Abe Lincoln
-James Quall
-Belgian Farting Pig

Cast ur votes now :wink:

Abe Lincoln a thousand times.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJOc3A4zG0

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

what is wrong with that guys teeth/palate

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Snapchat A Titty posted:

what is wrong with that guys teeth/palate

Pretty sure his green screen is doing that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

g0t_hats posted:

Pretty sure his green screen is doing that.

that just raises further questions!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

why are his teeth green

e: /palate

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmUuhaEeFo

Not exactly griefing, but it's Barack Obama playing Black Ops.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Constantine XI posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmUuhaEeFo

Not exactly griefing, but it's Barack Obama playing Black Ops.

That's the shittiest impersonation ever. Needs more sound panel.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TheSpiritFox posted:

shittiest impersonation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z1GFyS1Fuk

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

wow excellent quality

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

g0t_hats posted:

wow excellent quality

Someone help! The grief, Its coming from inside the thread!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Bring back bannable catchphrases.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

TheSpiritFox posted:

That's the shittiest impersonation ever. Needs more sound panel.

Disagree, Its pretty decent.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMvjdzAUSY

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Why are you posting your livestream

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity

He didn't really take the bait the whole time, why bother :shrug:

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
you guys cry more then the people in the videos lmao

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

g0t_hats posted:

I think they feel empathy for fellow piglets getting bullied?????? just a guess

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

g0t_hats posted:

You really, really want to be accepted here. Why are you wasting so much time?

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

mechanicalFactory posted:

Why are you wasting so much time?

no i dont LMAO im just posting videos dude

mechanicalFactory posted:

Why are you wasting so much time?

Am I?

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 13, 2014

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

g0t_hats posted:

no i dont LMAO im just posting videos dude

Am I?

Are the forums really complex for you?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

People say the ignore feature is carebear or some poo poo but it was pretty much invented for idiots like this, try it out :)

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
The thing is that you don't seem to get that there's a difference between griefing and just being a pointless jerk. You're the second one.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Indecisive posted:

People say the ignore feature is carebear or some poo poo but it was pretty much invented for idiots like this, try it out :)

I agree, but I've got the fuckwit on ignore already and it means I get only 20-25 posts per page instead of 40. So having him out of the thread would be a welcome improvement.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
somes babies gettin griefed hard itt

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Weatherman posted:

I agree, but I've got the fuckwit on ignore already and it means I get only 20-25 posts per page instead of 40. So having him out of the thread would be a welcome improvement.

I forgot such a feature existed, thank you for the reminder

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bi3WlxYTlE

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

pedo guy is griefing the thread p hard right now

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
haha, man, thanks for that ignore feature. this page is a lot smaller after removing the people who literally never contribute content

here's another video they'll hate because it's actual content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twa6IBxjDb8

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
How am I a pedophile again?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This is the griefing thread, so let me talk about Dust514.

TLDR: Dust is a terrible FPS that allowed for TKing and scamming people.

Goons have griefed in Dust since day one. Literally one of the first posts in the original Dust thread was about how despite friendly fire being disabled, there were a few creative ways around it. That spawned a game we played known as Blueberry Pancakes. You see, if you drove a car into your team mate, it did nothing to them except push them along. But if you drove your car into your team mate then bailed out or switched seats, well, the car isn't a friendly car anymore, and now the blue on your bumper has gone splat. Bonus points if they were calling in a valuable vehicle. We'd steal it while the owner was dead, then blow it up in front of them, depriving them of the in game money they had spent on it. A few members of the core goon playerbase were famous in Dust for doing this, to the point where people made complaint threads on the official forum, and people began targeting random goons in game for revenge TKs of their own.

Around E3 last year, CCP released a major patch that fixed a lot of poo poo and broke even more stuff. Most importantly, CCP fixed teamkilling with vehicles, but introduced the try hardiest of try hard modes, "Planetary Conquest" (PC) where players could fight in high dollar matches to take over land on planets that generated money. Friendly fire was turned on in Planetary Conquest. These two things led to a conversation one day between myself and another goon that touched the entire player base of the game. While lamenting the loss of TKing with cars, the other goon suggested I use one of my alts to join another corp, then get into a PC match and TK there. At first we decided this was too much work, but then we had a revelation.

Battles in Dust are made up of 2 teams of 16 players, divided into 2 squads of 6 and 1 squad of 4. In PC, only players in the corporation fighting can join the match, but if the leader of a squad is in the corp, that's good enough and the game will allow all the players in the squad into the match regardless of corporation. The very next day we made an alt corp called Grief University and started infiltrating alts into other corps and forcing our way into their expensive planetary conquest battles as Grief U.

Did I mention it cost them a lot of ISK (the in game money) to set up those battles? It used to cost 80 million isk for a corp to start a PC battle. If everything goes perfectly well, the average player could make maybe 1 million isk an hour in normal matches.

We would join the battle, and gently caress everything up. Before we even started the fight, we would offer a ultimatum: "Hello, I am ___________ from Grief U. We've been hired by <Opposing Team> for 50 million ISK to throw the match. However, if you pay us 100 million isk, we'll leave and let you fight fairly. Pay, or I promise you'll lose everything." This hosed with their E-horor hardcore, and soured their relations with the opposing team. During the match, we would team kill every blue player we could see, forcing them to fight us, and lowering their number of respawns even more. When that failed, we would kill ourselves repeatedly. We lost every match we entered.

We did this 5 or 6 times the first day, when members of another corp that happened to be run by a member of the player's council attempted our tactic in a battle. The game's playerbase jumped on this and assumed that she was responsible for our attacks. Overnight a 20 page thread popped up on the forum with player demanding her resignation.

At the same time, to prevent attacks, large corporations began purging their lesser known players. Overnight some went from 2000 players to 500. Some corporations collapsed entirely over in-fighting about who should be purged. Most of the corps we hit either dissolved almost immediately or purged and then collapsed soon after. A lot of corps started feeder corps and only kept high ranking members in the primary corp. This effectively split the player bases, forcing the corps to eventually collapse. Over night our actions instilled enough fear in the players that they they destroyed themselves to stop us. In order to prevent this (and mostly to silence the tears of their players) CCP added a "kick player" function so that high ranking corp members can control who can be in PC.

Scamming

In Dust, you have to use ISK earned in battle to buy everything you fight with. A smart player can make 1-2 million isk an hour, but if you're not careful it's actually very easy to lose money fighting. To allow for things like hiring ringers for PC and to help newbies, CCP eventually added player to player ISK transfer. As soon as they did this, I began trolling the chat channel, telling people I was quitting the game and that I had stolen my entire corp's wallet and was willing to pay out vast riches to anyone willing to send me ISK as a show of good will. I got loving RICH off gullible dumb people.

Eventually I burned out my chat, to the point where I couldn't log in without people messaging me demanding their money back. I couldn't even say hello without people denouncing me as a lier and a thief. I had to find a new money tree.

I began selling Districts in Planetary Conquest. Instead of spending hundreds of millions of ISK fighting over them, people could just buy them from me for low low prices! To find marks, I would have goons tell me the names of people recruiting for corporations in their chat channels, then contact them offering to help fledgling corporations break into PC. The only problem? Goons didn't own any districts, and didn't give a poo poo about owning them. No problem! I just lied my rear end off. The corporation that owned the district was always my sister corp or something that I had full control of. Part of actually selling a district involved removing all of your troops from it and then the new owner has to attack it with troops of their own. Those troops cost 80 million isk (on top of my price), and since I didn't have any power to remove troops from the district, people were throwing a lot of in game money away on the hopes and dreams I was selling.

Sometimes I'd put an alt in a corp that owned districts and pretend to be it's Ambassador of Sales. I would sell a district they owned to 2-3 different corporations at the same time, then send the ISK to my main and laugh as corp mails went out consisting of "what the gently caress is happening?!!" This would go on as long as no one got in touch with the attacking corps and traced the confusion to me. My record was selling a single corp's districts 5 times, although it wasn't always the same district.

This is my favorite:

A while ago CCP released limited edition codes that unlocked rare in game items. Via tricky word play I convinced a guy I was selling the codes when what was clearly stated in my messages to him (if read completely, 100% literally) was that I was selling an in game item. Dust has no mechanism for transferring in game items from player to player. He gave me 100 million ISK, and I gave him nothing. He was rather unhappy with me, and after a few mean spirited comments, he logged off. I thought it was all done, since CCP has always taken a very liberal stance on in game scamming in the past. However, a few days later I found my wallet 100 million ISk short, and 2 mails in my mail box. One was from a GM explaining that I was being warned for violating the ToS (bullshit) and that he had taken the money and given it back to it's previous owner, and that I needed to stop. The other was an email from the guy I'd scammed laughing about getting his money back.

I was going to drop it, but another goon suggested there was no harm in trying to get the cash back, so I filed a petition with the GMs explaining how everything I had done was by the rules, and I deserved my money back. I didn't expect to ever hear any more about it, but 2 weeks later they responded. The original GM's decision had been wrong, and they were reversing it and returning my ISK. They took the isk out of the guy's wallet and gave it back to me. 100 million isk. That's 100 hours worth of grinding.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 13, 2014

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fcUl2XVjg

"i like griefing but i dont like it when the greifs are mean or when peoples feelings are hurt that crosses the line stop posting actual content we dont want to see griefing videos"

maybe you guys shouldn't post in this thread anymore if that's how you're going to act

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 13, 2014

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Sammus posted:

I was going to drop it, but another goon suggested there was no harm in trying to get the cash back, so I filed a petition with the GMs explaining how everything I had done was by the rules, and I deserved my money back. I didn't expect to ever hear any more about it, but 2 weeks later they responded. The original GM's decision had been wrong, and they were reversing it and returning my ISK. They took the isk out of the guy's wallet and gave it back to me. 100 million isk. That's 100 hours worth of grinding.

I don't care what anyone says, CCP is and will always be the best MMO developer there ever was :allears:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Not really griefing but just some general praise of CCP. I had bought a three month new subscriber plan for EVE and thought I discontinued it right away. Well, three months later I got charged for another three months. I contacted tech support and within a day or two I got a message back along with a refund saying that if I ever wanted to come back I would be welcome. Genuinely amazing customer support, much better than I could have expected or hoped for.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

TheSpiritFox posted:

I don't care what anyone says, CCP is and will always be the best MMO developer there ever was :allears:

CCP are the best MMO developers hands down. I spent a lot of my time in eve (when I gave it a go) doing the "send me money and I will multiply it by 10" scam. The way it works is that when you start off doing it, you actually hand out a few million worth of ISK to get people excited and vouching for you. The real money comes when someone sends you a hundred million isk or something ridiculous and you send nothing back. Then when they complain in chat they get shouted down by people you've actually sent money too :allears:

g0t_hats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fcUl2XVjg

"i like griefing but i dont like it when the greifs are mean or when peoples feelings are hurt that crosses the line stop posting actual content we dont want to see griefing videos"

maybe you guys shouldn't post in this thread anymore if that's how you're going to act

If you could get over the whole thing about the thread thinking that you're an unfunny twat, that'd be great buddy :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't get that video. Were the mygot guys being griefed? They were acting like the griefees in most videos act where someone makes fun of them and the griefee is all "NO SHUT UP"

• Locked thread