Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can't hate Judge Dredd, just for that great Hammerstein prop.

Also, Tank Girl was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Tank Girl uses that LOL SO RANDOM XDDDD!!!! kind of humor that I like to think we, as a species, have moved on from by now

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Blue Star posted:

Tank Girl is '90s as gently caress. I saw it on Comcast On Demand a few years back and enjoyed it, but holy crap you can definitely tell it was made in 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_xVhoYVlU&t=91s

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just to be clear here, i like the tank girl movie but i am under no illusions as to the actual quality of the film

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crow Jane posted:

Tank Girl uses that LOL SO RANDOM XDDDD!!!! kind of humor that I like to think we, as a species, have moved on from by now

I think the movie is bad and it makes me cringe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yeah, there's no way a new Tank Girl would have Booga.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Crow Jane posted:

Colin Farrel bugs me for some reason, and I only know Taylor Kitsch from that god-awful Wolverine movie. Could still be good, though

I've really enjoyed Farrell's performances in general (In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, in particular), he only bugs me if someone expects me to find him sexy (he's not). I'm going to assume that you looked up Kitsch on imdb and don't have independent recall of him in Wolverine Origins because otherwise I would be very angry at your hateful memory retaining such unfortunate details. (He's not a bad actor at all, but his role in that movie was dumb.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Isn't it pretty to think so?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

VanSandman posted:

Ladies.....

DINOSAUR GANG WAR

I'm sorry but no one appreciated this image and I've lost a lot of respect for everyone who's posted since I posted it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think the movie is bad and it makes me cringe.

Yeah, pretty much. But I'm not a fan of nostalgia for nostalgia's sake, so maybe I'm missing something

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

I'm sorry but no one appreciated this image and I've lost a lot of respect for everyone who's posted since I posted it.

I asked what it was from

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I was genuinely entertained by Showgirls.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's because Showgirls is genuinely entertaining. It's just not entertaining in the conventional sense.

Also as a wee lad in the late 90s I was convinced that Gwen Stefani starred in Tank Girl for an embarrassingly long time.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i can sometimes enjoy bad things for their badness, tho the presence of pretty women in a bad movie helps here

for instance the movie "the craft" is just awful but i love it

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
poup

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

VanSandman posted:

That's very ungenerous of you considering I ignored the opportunity to lose respect for you for posting it.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In my defense, i haven't seen Tank Girl since I saw it for the first time. I just remember being entertained by it and enjoying the atmosphere and Malcolm McDowell and all that.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

solovyov posted:

I've really enjoyed Farrell's performances in general (In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, in particular), he only bugs me if someone expects me to find him sexy (he's not). I'm going to assume that you looked up Kitsch on imdb and don't have independent recall of him in Wolverine Origins because otherwise I would be very angry at your hateful memory retaining such unfortunate details. (He's not a bad actor at all, but his role in that movie was dumb.)

This exactly. Colin Farrell is funny or intriguing, but not hot.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

solovyov posted:

No, unfortunately Wolverine is the only thing I've ever seen him in. A friend of mine with reliably good taste keeps insisting I give Friday Night Lights a try, and if I ever get around to that I'll probably agree with you

And yeah, In Bruges was good (though I must say Brendan Gleeson was more of a selling point for me), and he wasn't bad in Horrible Bosses, either

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

boom boom boom posted:

I asked what it was from

Well, I'm embarrassed now! It's from a collection called "Age of Reptiles" that's 100% cool poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish John Carter hadn't been terrible.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

That's because Showgirls is genuinely entertaining. It's just not entertaining in the conventional sense.

Also as a wee lad in the late 90s I was convinced that Gwen Stefani starred in Tank Girl for an embarrassingly long time.

I have a personal theory that Nomi from Showgirls is Haley from The Wizard's mom.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I wish John Carter hadn't been terrible.

I'm genuinely curious about how hosed that director's career is since he was all but publicly flogged as the man responsible for the movie tanking (not that they were wrong to if the reports are true).

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

yes good

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

:yohoho:

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Crow Jane posted:

No, unfortunately Wolverine is the only thing I've ever seen him in. A friend of mine with reliably good taste keeps insisting I give Friday Night Lights a try, and if I ever get around to that I'll probably agree with you

And yeah, In Bruges was good (though I must say Brendan Gleeson was more of a selling point for me), and he wasn't bad in Horrible Bosses, either

Friday Night Lights is transcendent. Maximizing the hotness of Taylor Kitsch isn't even on the top ten list of that show's accomplishments. (Although in fairness and by all reasonable measures, no one is likely to make him seem as hot as he is on that show.) FNL is just an amazing combination of humanistic and earthy with unexpectedly optimistic outcomes. It's a beautiful show. I didn't watch it for years because I saw the movie and loved it, but found it depressing. When I finally got around to watching the show I was stunned by what a rich experience it was.

(Brendan Gleeson is always a selling point. More Brendan Gleeson. Always.)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

solovyov posted:

That's very ungenerous of you considering I ignored the opportunity to lose respect for you for posting it.

I wouldn't let you near the puppies you prune!

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

VanSandman posted:

I wouldn't let you near the puppies you prune!

Your puppies don't impress me. I prefer mutts.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this thread is fun to watch when solovyov starts jumping on the rude train

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's impressively rude.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
buy your pups from shelters, not a goons backyard tia

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT
I am conductor of the rude train. Ingrates be freelancing.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

these jeans seem good to me

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Solovyov is awesome, and her presence is exactly what this thread needs.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
This is one of the two bears I saw today:

I cheated though because I saw it at the dump.
Kinda reminded me of a stoned goon, rummaging around his mom's fridge for munchies, and content to never go back out into the Real World.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hat was such a good match

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i killed a turkey today. it was about five months old. it had gotten some warped leg deformity that made its leg backwards and could only pathetically drag itself around the pen and was covered in brown poo poo since it i assume said gently caress it i have no hope for the future just leave this poo poo on me and never groomed himself

i broke his neck and fed his body to the pigs and now im reflecting on how loving pointless his short life was. he never knew his mother and was hatched in a factory before being put in a box and mailed to my farm. then he wandered around various pens for a few months, becoming increasingly crippled which encouraged the others, the only members of his species he had ever known and the closest thing he could call family, to bully, peck, and walk on him all day. he was runty and stunted and spent most of his time in the corner where it was harder for the others to harass him, his hed drooped close to the ground, staring at nothing. he suffered for weeks with no expectation of happiness or pleasure; then his owner broke his neck while he screamed in terror and existential fright. his corpse was torn to pieces by beasts

his existence was pointless, and was never anything but suffering, loneliness, and abuse.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Light-Bearer posted:

i killed a turkey today. it was about five months old. it had gotten some warped leg deformity that made its leg backwards and could only pathetically drag itself around the pen and was covered in brown poo poo since it i assume said gently caress it i have no hope for the future just leave this poo poo on me and never groomed himself

i broke his neck and fed his body to the pigs and now im reflecting on how loving pointless his short life was. he never knew his mother and was hatched in a factory before being put in a box and mailed to my farm. then he wandered around various pens for a few months, becoming increasingly crippled which encouraged the others, the only members of his species he had ever known and the closest thing he could call family, to bully, peck, and walk on him all day. he was runty and stunted and spent most of his time in the corner where it was harder for the others to harass him, his hed drooped close to the ground, staring at nothing. he suffered for weeks with no expectation of happiness or pleasure; then his owner broke his neck while he screamed in terror and existential fright. his corpse was torn to pieces by beasts

his existence was pointless, and was never anything but suffering, loneliness, and abuse.

makes u think

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
every time globohitler posts its funny in one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Light-Bearer posted:

I want to staple this to the face of everyone who ever talks about how life is this precious gift with the implication that we're all given a good shake and anyone who dares cry out otherwise is a whiny, entitled, immature brat.

• Locked thread