Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

David Carrey is taking requests for future flag decals.

I suggested Ireland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Is there a reason GOKU is blowing up liberators, scythes, and other TKing in and outside the Amerish warpgate?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I suggested Ireland.

Today I learned that you need to request permission to use the Canadian flag.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I suggested Ireland.
I don't have a reddit account, someone suggest the USSR or DPRK.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I don't have a reddit account, someone suggest the USSR or DPRK.

Mozambique

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Azerban posted:

Today I learned that you need to request permission to use the Canadian flag.

Some flags have copyrights and usage permissions (eg Australia).

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Is there a reason GOKU is blowing up liberators, scythes, and other TKing in and outside the Amerish warpgate?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nakar posted:

Because it's client-side if you got lucky and loaded a hill over a base or something you could snipe from it while to everyone else you're just sniping from midair or something.

I've also seen glitches lately with geometry just not loading at all on Hossin. Invisible walls, nonexistent floors, etc. There's also the glitch that kills you by dropping you under the world in VR, and I've also ended up under the world on Indar.

I had one day on Hossin where every base was floating 20 feet in the air. I was able to sit literally right under the spawn room and murder like 200 VS as they left it, having no idea where they were being shot from. It was amazing.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

o muerte posted:

I've also noticed that client performance seems to go to poo poo within about an hour of starting a session - it's gotten bad enough that I have an autohotkey bind to terminate the process so I can log back in without having to rejoin my squad.

I really wish they'd do another optimization pass on the client and server. It seems like a lot of the gains they made in December are completely gone after new changes.

There's a memory / performance leak right now. I am not sure if it was introduced in the Nvidia 337.88 WHQL drivers or in one of the game updates around the same time, but it's certainly there. Your performance should steadily degrade after about an hour. A restart fixes it, and I have a feeling they'll get this fixed within about a month.

All the recent reddit posts seem to indicate that there's some development momentum now, I think they got a producer and a few engineers assigned back to PS2. Also the H1Z1 stuff (like rain effects) is basically 'free' since the H1Z1 team is developing it, and the PS2 team can reuse the tech.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Haha that's stupid

How do you tell if it's a double xp weekend? They should make it obvious.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 11, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

vigorous sodomy posted:

Haha that's stupid

How do you tell if it's a double xp weekend? They should make it obvious.

The dates of upcoming premium 2X XP weekends are displayed on the loading screens. Regular 2X XP weekends are pretty rare occurrences, so word-of-mouth news about them spreads super quick.

Also, the regular 2X XP weekends almost always come after major patches.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This sort of thing makes me really appreciate SA and, I hate to say it, Reddit

The last time I was suspended was for reporting a guy for going on a 2 page long tirade against Milennials

The reason I was suspended was because I had a final warning for using coarse language when I jokingly called the TR butts in an LMG post

Instead of posting now I'm just going to report idiots and posts that "provoke an emotional response" because that's how trolling is defined. Sorry Nakar you're on your own now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

This sort of thing makes me really appreciate SA and, I hate to say it, Reddit

The last time I was suspended was for reporting a guy for going on a 2 page long tirade against Milennials

The reason I was suspended was because I had a final warning for using coarse language when I jokingly called the TR butts in an LMG post

Instead of posting now I'm just going to report idiots and posts that "provoke an emotional response" because that's how trolling is defined. Sorry Nakar you're on your own now.

Yeah the forums are pretty poo poo. Lots of goon hatred there though!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/given-the-choice-between-logging-and-this.193292/

Goons start jumping in on the 2nd/3rd pages. Enjoy!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

That hasn't stopped Robocraft from using it :shrug:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
What about the Isle of Man? GOKU/GOON kick enough rear end that two feet just isn't cutting it anymore.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
So I was watching command center (The Higby and T-Ray show.) and Higby was talking about some upcoming spawn changes. Apparently when you spawn on a sunderer and the sundy comes under attack there is going to be some kind of feedback that lets you know about it. Also they're working on getting you back into the game after dying without looking at the map and choosing a spawn point. I think he said there is going to be a 'use last spawn' option from the death screen that'll get you right back into the fight using the same spawn point and load out you last used without having to look at the map and choosing a spot to spawn.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Rakthar posted:

There's a memory / performance leak right now. I am not sure if it was introduced in the Nvidia 337.88 WHQL drivers or in one of the game updates around the same time, but it's certainly there. Your performance should steadily degrade after about an hour. A restart fixes it, and I have a feeling they'll get this fixed within about a month.

It's not just Nvidia related, I'm using an ATI card and it definitely affects me as well. It does seem to be a resource leak of some kind - running on Ultra textures will cause slowdowns noticeably faster than on High.

Non Sequitur:

Guys I think I'm in big trouble with some bigshot internet lawyer :psyduck:

The best part is the kill on him again halfway through the convo. I'm kind of mad, I was laughing so hard at this that I had to stop farming his friends.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

o muerte posted:

It's not just Nvidia related, I'm using an ATI card and it definitely affects me as well. It does seem to be a resource leak of some kind - running on Ultra textures will cause slowdowns noticeably faster than on High.

Non Sequitur:

The best part is the kill on him again halfway through the convo. I'm kind of mad, I was laughing so hard at this that I had to stop farming his friends.

This is why I Planetside 2 :911:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I suggested Ireland.

Why would anyone ever want a flag that didn't have a red hand on it? :smuggo:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

Well I am a lawyer, and as unofficial counsel to goon outfits I must warn you that you may face a homicide rap for each and every one of your kills in this game. Murder is murder my friend!

EDIT: This just in, guys! Forumside is correcting a foolish notion we had on SA that the best way to take a base is to defend your cap from the actual points! Apparently doing that is, and I quote...

Forumside posted:

patently stupid and demonstrates an absolutely childish grasp of basic tactics.
poo poo! What fools we were dropping on the points to take them and then holding out at the actual points instead of going to camp the spawn! Clearly the problem is those newfangled spawn shields campers can't see into!

Nakar fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 11, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Camping the spawn has been dumb as gently caress since day one of beta, but now it's even less rewarding, but gotta camp dat spawn!!!

Maybe if we all dump all our mags at it for 20 minutes we'll get two kills on people accidentally clipping through the shields. Nevermind the five or ten times we'll die from people shooting out from the shields that we now can't see through! TWO KILLS YOU GUYS!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"
Keep on camping spawns -- my engineer will keep providing you ammo (from well behind lines of fire) and my medic will keep reviving you as you endlessly die. You're going to do it anyway and give the enemy XP, I may as well balance it out by getting some XP for our side at the same time.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I wish I had a spare :10bux: right now. I just took the Phoenix for a trial and :swoon:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

hailthefish posted:

Camping the spawn has been dumb as gently caress since day one of beta, but now it's even less rewarding, but gotta camp dat spawn!!!

Maybe if we all dump all our mags at it for 20 minutes we'll get two kills on people accidentally clipping through the shields. Nevermind the five or ten times we'll die from people shooting out from the shields that we now can't see through! TWO KILLS YOU GUYS!

Honestly, spawn camping is probably the worst way to hold if you actually want to get kills. If someone spawns at a base under attack, walks out of the MLG Box, and immediately gets gibbed they'll eventually wise up and redeploy somewhere fun.

Conversely, if you camp the point instead, then people will actually come out and go to the point (where you can then kill them); as a side bonus, if they decide to stay in the MLG Box the entire time they're a threat to no-one but themselves!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I had one day on Hossin where every base was floating 20 feet in the air. I was able to sit literally right under the spawn room and murder like 200 VS as they left it, having no idea where they were being shot from. It was amazing.

:ssh: that's an instantly bannable offense! Good job!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Hey guys I thought it would be a good idea to exploit something that obviously shouldn't have happened. I'm so awesome.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

A Tartan Tory posted:

Why would anyone ever want a flag that didn't have a red hand on it? :smuggo:

Ah yes the ancient symbol of the Ui Neill clann, I too would love such a flag.

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

hailthefish posted:

I wish I had a spare :10bux: right now. I just took the Phoenix for a trial and :swoon:

The Phoenix is weaponized :911: and I wouldn't have it any other way. Buy the gently caress out of it, you won't have any regrets.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

30 Second Artbomb posted:

The Phoenix is weaponized :911: and I wouldn't have it any other way. Buy the gently caress out of it, you won't have any regrets.

If you roll with GOON we use it ALL THE TIME, so it's not sunk money!

I even call for it on TR night :negative:

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

Epic High Five posted:

I've discovered that it's ridiculously fun to use on Hossin. There's so much infantry cover that it's hard to find somewhere you can't safely launch a phoenix from, and all of the terrain features make it less likely someone will see your missile and shoot it down before you hit your target.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

Epic High Five posted:

You kept getting so sad when you remembered we were TR

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

There's always the Striker, I mean if 3 rockets land that equals one Annihilator rocket!

:smith:

Just use the Annihilator.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sitchelin posted:

There's always the Striker, I mean if 3 rockets land that equals one Annihilator rocket!

:smith:

Just use the Annihilator.
Sometimes when I'm in my lightning I let the striker hit me with the first two rockets before I pop smoke so he feels like he's doing something :unsmith:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Goons really are the scum of Emerald; normally I'm not on when GOKU is on so I only hear the stories but on my day off I was playing late enough to see the much-spoken of GOKU armor column of Magriders come to a tower fight after we had mostly spawn-capped them. Infiltrators and Light Assaults kept popping out to retake A point making the cap take long enough for a decent farm to happen.

I was hiding out on a hill with my Vandal when the Magriders came in, running me over, DaPP is here thought I, the only idiots who don't drive a Magridder into position using third-person. Nope, seven shinny GOKU Magriders with PPA come to farm. Hey, two of them don't have gunners I'll jump in and farm with my fellow Goons, nope the seats are locked, ah well back to shooting Engineers in the face as they try and repair the turrets. Few minutes later a fellow snipper and I are on an awesome killing streak but have run out of ammo and we're running up and down the line of Magridders asking for ammo since most of the drivers should be Engineers based on the several who jump out to do repairs during this time but not one can be bothered to drop an ammo pack.

loving Goons.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Halting your PPA farm to provide some snipers with ammo sounds like the worst possible thing you could do in this game.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Klowns posted:

Hey, two of them don't have gunners I'll jump in and farm with my fellow Goons, nope the seats are locked, ah well

loving Goons.

lol you're bad and dumb

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know if it's any different when your tank can strafe, but the NC follow the general rule of "the big loving tank has right of way." Most roadkills are entirely the fault of infantry running down the middle of the road.

Unless, you know, they thought you deserved it. :commissar:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

No, if you run on the actual road you deserve to get run over regardless of faction.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Klowns posted:

Goons really are the scum of Emerald; normally I'm not on when GOKU is on so I only hear the stories but on my day off I was playing late enough to see the much-spoken of GOKU armor column of Magriders come to a tower fight after we had mostly spawn-capped them. Infiltrators and Light Assaults kept popping out to retake A point making the cap take long enough for a decent farm to happen.

I was hiding out on a hill with my Vandal when the Magriders came in, running me over, DaPP is here thought I, the only idiots who don't drive a Magridder into position using third-person. Nope, seven shinny GOKU Magriders with PPA come to farm. Hey, two of them don't have gunners I'll jump in and farm with my fellow Goons, nope the seats are locked, ah well back to shooting Engineers in the face as they try and repair the turrets. Few minutes later a fellow snipper and I are on an awesome killing streak but have run out of ammo and we're running up and down the line of Magridders asking for ammo since most of the drivers should be Engineers based on the several who jump out to do repairs during this time but not one can be bothered to drop an ammo pack.

loving Goons.

Please source your official forums quotes.

Because otherwise haha it's you, you're the clueless pubbie bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

Please source your official forums quotes.

Because otherwise haha it's you, you're the clueless pubbie bad.

GOKU are responsible for war crimes on the level of bosnian ethnic cleansing news at 11.

• Locked thread