Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

anonumos posted:

That's a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I know, I mean't the TT in general, which is ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Googly eyes make everything better, not terrible.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I want googly-eye rims.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Tonton Macoute posted:

I think the pickup body with both short and extended cabs was a factory option on T3 Transporters. It's been a while since I've seen one in the wild, though.

Everything on it is standard (ok, perhaps not the tires, but everything else) - the body, the cab and the 4 wheel drive. It's a T3 Syncro.

http://www.4wdonline.com/VW/Transporter/T1.html

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

Things that would have gotten you stabbed if spoken in the 90's.

Just think, in a few short years there will be kids waxing nostalgic for the "plastic held over a lighter" body styling that became popular in the late 90's.

In my opinion cars from 1998-2003 have aged horribly (with exceptions of course). I like the look of 1981-1996/7ish cars and stuff after, but a lot of cars from 98-03 tried too hard to be futuristic and stylish and look like absolute poo poo now.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Kidney Stone posted:

Everything on it is standard (ok, perhaps not the tires, but everything else) - the body, the cab and the 4 wheel drive. It's a T3 Syncro.

http://www.4wdonline.com/VW/Transporter/T1.html

Something new every day, etc. Thanks. :D

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Slavvy posted:

Yes except the supercharged engine made all of 160-odd horsepower and it somehow replicates the handling of a body-on-frame 4x4 without being body on frame or a 4x4. Those are seriously one of the worst cars I've ever worked on or driven and their only redeeming quality is good reliability compared to similar vehicles from other brands; their reliability compared to other toyotas of the time is still dismal.

They are terrible and absolutely belong in this thread and I'll wager noone who has actually driven one of the stupid things is impressed by the AWDSCPEOPLECARRIER bullshit that gets spouted every single time they're brought up. I'm sorry snowden, they are garbage. The later FWD generation, whilst being more 'boring' is an order of magnitude superior in every measurable way believe me.

I erroneously assumed the Previa, with its approximate shape and engine configuration, was a more direct evolution of the MasterAce / Tarago. Those were pretty decent (I had a 'Toyota Van' ad my first car.) My bad.

Still think Previas look cool, though.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Snowdens Secret posted:

I erroneously assumed the Previa, with its approximate shape and engine configuration, was a more direct evolution of the MasterAce / Tarago. Those were pretty decent (I had a 'Toyota Van' ad my first car.) My bad.

Still think Previas look cool, though.

They were a hell of a lot better than the earlier van based models though which is why they got so popular.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
I submit for your viewing pleasure.

Doccers fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 12, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Doccers posted:

I submit for your viewing pleasure.

It's not on fire. I am not pleased. :mad:

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Cover outdated lovely thing without more outdated lovely things.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Nuts.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

How the gently caress did they get that last one off whatever it was attached to.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

That man is driving around with a clearly inferior bumper sticker.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

Image is a bit blurry, but I didn't have to blur out the license plate on this one, because from what I could tell, it was rolled up into itself and corroded, so you couldn't read any of the letters. Also, it had bits of bush stuck to it that it dumped all over the road.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Puddin posted:

How the gently caress did they get that last one off whatever it was attached to.

The only thing I can think of is that the bolt was even more rusted and the nut just fell off.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUqQIPgfTk

Just a dude taken something Italian for a test drive in Russia.

edit: gets good about 3m21s and actually i have no idea where this is.

tobu fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 12, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tobu posted:

edit: gets good about 3m21s and actually i have no idea where this is.

Italy. You can tell from the crackpipe roundabout and some of the street signs.

Only Italians should drive like Italians.

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

Saw this on the way to Tennessee today, the sticker says "Anonymous Riders"

I missed an Escalade farther back with the same sticker and masks hanging in it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So... are they a bunch of channers that decided to form a car club, or just a bunch of guys who really like the Anonymous motif? :psyduck:

vvv Oh poo poo I forgot that was out! Thanks for reminding me, I need to check it out :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 13, 2014

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I didn't expect much from Need for Speed but it's legitimately worse than F&F. I hate myself for watching this sober but it's too late at this point.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

Das Volk posted:

I didn't expect much from Need for Speed but it's legitimately worse than F&F. I hate myself for watching this sober but it's too late at this point.

Awww really are the chase and race scenes watchable ?

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Puddin posted:

It looked like the one in the middle when I first started. :v:

I used an oxygen/acetylene torch and candle wax, worked pretty well!

E:

:golfclap:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 13, 2014

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Protocol7 posted:

I forgot I have this gem of a photo containing lovely people in my neighborhood with lovely taste.

Although I appreciate the quality of the paintjob on that Mini Cooper? I can't say I like, well, anything else about the two cars.

Dude is also in the air force and is always making me jealous with pictures in hangars and next to turboprops. I didn't see any photos of it, but the hood is a mural from an anime called Attack on Titan.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Boomerjinks posted:

Dude is also in the air force and is always making me jealous with pictures in hangars and next to turboprops. I didn't see any photos of it, but the hood is a mural from an anime called Attack on Titan.

You're jealous of a person with a stanced Mini Cooper.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Car would look a lot better with just the zebra paint or whatever you want to call it. The vinyls really gum it up.

Also the poorly relocated mirror. :geno:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Boomerjinks posted:

All I can see is a laughing toothy grin on the doors. Way to be patriotic with an American WW2 paint job on a British inspired [s]Nazi[/si]German built POS with Japanese drift inspired hosed up suspension.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Boomerjinks posted:

:thumbsup:

Whatever the craftsmanship that car sucks.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Boomerjinks posted:

right so I think this car is needlessly getting poo poo on by goons, The paint job is really neat (though xzzy is right, it would be better if it was the whole car), and at least the stanceing isn't comically extreme. It's also a mini, so really who cares, they're common as muck.
But what the gently caress is that hackjob intercooler stuck on the front?? All the effort put into the rest of the car, and you just bodge a radiator onto the front bumper and leave the hoses just flapping about? Now that is loving stupid.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Linedance posted:

But what the gently caress is that hackjob intercooler stuck on the front?? All the effort put into the rest of the car, and you just bodge a radiator onto the front bumper and leave the hoses just flapping about? Now that is loving stupid.

It's probably an externally mounted oil cooler. JDM and Euro guys do it a lot.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

T1g4h posted:

It's also a Boso thing, so maybe he's moving in that direction with the car. :getin:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

T1g4h posted:

it looks gash as hell.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mini related terribleness.

A 3 door mini the size of a nissan frontier.

time to stop calling them mini.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That and the fiat 500L are terrible. It's basically a crossover.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Linedance posted:

it looks gash as hell.

When I first saw pics of it I thought "oh whatever it's just a mini" and then saw the oil cooler.

More stancecrime:

YEAH BRO THAT poo poo IS COOL

I know it says Pontiac but it doesn't say "Fiero"...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I dunno man maybe I'm just an E30 fanboy but that car looks pretty legit. If you look at the rear camber it's not ridiculous which means it's had somewhat involved modding to correct the poo poo that is the semi-trailing arm suspension geometry back there when you get low. Add in the GCs it claims to have and I bet it would be pretty fun at an AutoX.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
http://i.imgur.com/4cL5gvY.jpg

So sad.... :(

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Slim Pickens posted:

That and the fiat 500L are terrible. It's basically a crossover.

The 500L is just a re-skinned PT Cruiser anyway :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Noooooooooooooo!

You poor poor car.