Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Jenner posted:

Baltimore is terrible. At least Southeast Maryland has a few metro stations so you can get into Northern Virginia and have a semblance of a social life.

Alexandria ftw.

The man was the greatest man ever, he died too soon. :smith:

Dude, Alexandria is terrible. At least go to U Street or something.

Baltimore's pretty great, and it suits me well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

gee i wonder why

I suppose she was intimidated by my confidence :/

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

my aunt lives like ten minutes from annapolis i like it
we go out on a boat sometimes

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jenner posted:

gently caress Tank Girl and watch the first Mortal Kombat movie again. That movie was good.
Raul Julia best thing about Street Fighter movie.

I havent watched the first Mortal Kombat movie since the late 1990s, maybe early 2000s. It's been at least a solid decade. I remember the badical theme song and lots of cool one-liners like "Those were $400 sunglasses, you rear end in a top hat." And when he punches Goro in the balls. Awesome and wholesome family entertainment.

And I also like Raul Julia and I enjoyed the MST3K episode where they watch Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. "I have a fever for the flavor of Fingle." Sounds like you do too ;)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

my aunt lives like ten minutes from annapolis i like it
we go out on a boat sometimes

Annapolis itself is pretty tourist-trappy, but the water is very nice.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the mortal kombat movie is palletable because its just a generic kung fu tournament except with weird super undead people which is the exact storyline of the video game.

street fighter tries to have a plot instead of being a kung fu movie.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

Annapolis itself is pretty tourist-trappy, but the water is very nice.

best crabs ive ever had were in annapolis

such fuckin good crabs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also my favorite bad kung fu movie is riki-oh: the story of ricky

its really, hella enjoyable while hosed up. nothing makes sense and its really funny.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Crow Jane posted:

U street rocks, but I like being able to vote in every possible election. Y'know, since DC isn't a state.
Not that my vote matters. :tinfoil:

Baltimore is gross, it's like a Gary Indiana that knows to take showers.

VanSandman posted:

such fuckin good crabs

I'll give you crabs in annapolis. :corrupt:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

such fuckin good crabs

I'm not too into crabs, but next time you're there, avoid that one pub with a lizard logo on the pier. Absolute worst meal I've ever paid for in my life. It wasn't even greasy spoon good/bad, it was just a waste of calories.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

NecroMonster posted:

i like it when zeth posts reactions to one piece stuff cause peoples first time reactions are always so loving good

one piece is A Fun Thing

i like how everybody gets a chance to be a badass, nobody feels like an auxiliary fifth wheel, even usopp manages to be awesome on a fairly regular basis

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Jenner posted:

U street rocks, but I like being able to vote in every possible election. Y'know, since DC isn't a state.
Not that my vote matters. :tinfoil:

Baltimore is gross, it's like a Gary Indiana that knows to take showers.

I'll give you crabs in annapolis. :corrupt:

Baltimore has character. NoVa is a series of sad condo complexes and strip malls.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
god i loving miss weed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crow Jane posted:

Baltimore has character. NoVa is a series of sad condo complexes and strip malls.

Arlington isn't too bad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zeth posted:

one piece is A Fun Thing

i like how everybody gets a chance to be a badass, nobody feels like an auxiliary fifth wheel, even usopp manages to be awesome on a fairly regular basis

That's genuinely impressive for a shonen. The only one I can recall that was even kind-of like that was Yu Yu Hakusho and even then Kuwabara was always more of a utility player than a force to be recokned with.

ladyboy pancake posted:

god i loving miss weed.

I tried some this past week for the first time in years after missing it immensely and was shocked to discover I don't like weed anymore.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ladyboy pancake posted:

god i loving miss weed.

why did you stop

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

why did you stop

weed kills sperms

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ladyboy pancake posted:

weed kills sperms

are you trying to knock someone up

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
i just discovered Broad City was a webseries for like five years before it was a show.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ladyboy pancake posted:

weed kills sperms

You say this like its a bad thing.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

ladyboy pancake posted:

weed kills sperms

what

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

mind the walrus posted:

That's genuinely impressive for a shonen. The only one I can recall that was even kind-of like that was Yu Yu Hakusho and even then Kuwabara was always more of a utility player than a force to be recokned with.

I'm not sure if i would actually call Usopp a force to be reckoned with but when he needs to he gets poo poo done. mainly through ranged supremacy and dirty tactics but sometimes thats what the situation needs. Which, as you said, is fairly uncommon in shouty shonen stuff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
everyone read up on dashcon this story is amazing, as i foretold but even better

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

good

Pick posted:

everyone read up on dashcon this story is amazing, as i foretold but even better

what

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Pick posted:

wb pick!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

quote:

DashCon aims to be the largest gathering of Tumblr users to date, concentrating on the particulars of this stand out social media site. DashCon will be a place where Tumblr users can express common site wide interests, in both fashion, art, science, and in the world of geekery. Specifically, the side of Tumblr we have garnered interest from has been the geekery side. This side comprises mostly of people who religiously follow various television shows, movie series, and book series. Notable groups within this ‘geekery’ side would be those who follow BBC’s Sherlock, CWs Supernatural, and JK Rowling’s Harry Potter. In addition to bringing together these groups, we are also very interested in promoting and helping with two common issues found within Tumblr users, mainly, depression and anxiety. We wish to provide informational programming about healthy ways to deal with these conditions

oh jesus

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To celebrate your return Pick you bet your rear end I'll read about dashcon.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Pick posted:

you know i think a friend of mine might have gone to that, to try to sell things to bronies with lots of disposable income

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

one piece is all around fairly uncommon for shonen stuff because its good and shonen just really isnt overall good at all

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dashcon sounds like its going to be nothing but 17 year old introverted women

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

are you trying to knock someone up

not immediately

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

Thus what the Oracle had predicted came true.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ladyboy pancake posted:

not immediately

oh

are you a ladyboy pancake irl

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i should really stop watching evo and actually do something...

are there any mods for skyrim that are like, mandatory the way there is that "patch" for vampire the masquerade:bloodlines is mandatory?

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

liftin some weights over here *subtly flexes*

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Crow Jane posted:

Oh c'mon now, it's not that bad! The food here is great.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Arlington isn't too bad.

Arlington is lovely, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to live there. :sigh:

Rent prices are bullshit.

Pick posted:

I'm afraid to Google it, summarize for me? :ohdear:

AriadneThread posted:

Quote posted:

DashCon aims to be the largest gathering of Tumblr users to date, concentrating on the particulars of this stand out social media site. DashCon will be a place where Tumblr users can express common site wide interests, in both fashion, art, science, and in the world of geekery. Specifically, the side of Tumblr we have garnered interest from has been the geekery side. This side comprises mostly of people who religiously follow various television shows, movie series, and book series. Notable groups within this ‘geekery’ side would be those who follow BBC’s Sherlock, CWs Supernatural, and JK Rowling’s Harry Potter. In addition to bringing together these groups, we are also very interested in promoting and helping with two common issues found within Tumblr users, mainly, depression and anxiety. We wish to provide informational programming about healthy ways to deal with these conditions

oh jesus

:munch:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

one piece is all around fairly uncommon for shonen stuff because its good and shonen just really isnt overall good at all

Ain't that the truth. I never did get into One Piece though. It was part of the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece trinity around what, 2005-6 when all those shows hit the US? That was when I was graduating high school and didn't have time to get into new shonen, and what little I saw of all three (especially Nartuo) really rubbed me the wrong way. Out of all of them though One Piece is the only one that still has a good reputation of any kind.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hahaha you saw the 4kids dub of one piece ahahahah no loving wonder

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yohoho he took a bite of gum gum

• Locked thread