Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Best poster so far. That should go into every theater around the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

The BFFs

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Is that real or fake? I just can't tell anymore.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Now they're just trolling us.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

Is that real or fake? I just can't tell anymore.

The only lead we have that it might be fake is that it doesn't show off Stallone's veiny arms.

Nomad175
Oct 14, 2012

By not beating me, he has beaten me.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

The only lead we have that it might be fake is that it doesn't show off Stallone's veiny arms.

Also the fact that mohawk dude has a chunk of his head missing.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've been trying to remember the name of a movie, and all I can remember is the poster. It's black and white, a close up of a face, and I think it may have been a priest or something? It came out in the last year or two, and it's been bugging me ALL drat DAY.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

QPZIL posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a movie, and all I can remember is the poster. It's black and white, a close up of a face, and I think it may have been a priest or something? It came out in the last year or two, and it's been bugging me ALL drat DAY.

Just getting the obvious out of the way but it didn't happen to be Priest, did it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

???

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Why would you ever deliberately make your movie title impossible to read?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Fayez Butts posted:

Why would you ever deliberately make your movie title impossible to read?

It could be worse

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

morestuff posted:

It could be worse

Does that say "Care House Productions Presents?"

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

Vintersorg posted:

What has science done to your Kris?!

Still.

No.

Davi.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mister J posted:

Still.

No.

Davi.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ville Valo posted:

Does that say "Care House Productions Presents?"

I'm willing to bet it's "Core House," which is worse I think.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Mister J posted:

Still.

No.

Davi.

Robert Davi Posters, AWAY!

Fresh Water. Fresh meat. A Paycheque. *sigh* Sign me up.

"So, could you run that plan by me ONE more time?"

Either Robert Davi got a dye-job, or someone's credit-OCD is about to kick in again.

This poster I like.

This poster I LOVE!

Rober Z'dar gets upstaged for the re-release!

The back cover shows who the REAL star of the flick is.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I may have been thinking Robert Davi and Wes Studi were the same actor until a minute ago.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Watched License to Kill the other day.

Co-starring ROBERT DAVI.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Alexander Godunov

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

Fantastic. It's amazing what little difference it makes to Randy Couture's face.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
You made me laugh for a solid minute there. Thanks.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
jesus christ

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

...is about the only person NOT signed up for that flick.

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Just getting the obvious out of the way but it didn't happen to be Priest, did it?

No, no, none of the ones posted so far. It reminded me a lot of the Coriolanus poster, but it wasn't that.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

What does official selection mean? Is it an award or does it just mean that it was selected to be at the film festival?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kramjacks posted:

What does official selection mean? Is it an award or does it just mean that it was selected to be at the film festival?

I believe so. This doesn't mean all that much, film festivals show a lot of movies and sometimes they need something to show at 10am on a Sunday.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Kramjacks posted:

It means it was part of the official Sundance program. I don't know exactly how it works at Sundance, but at Cannes it's pretty balla. Very few movies are in the official selection. Festivals are sales expos, most screenings are paid for by production companies to sell the distribution rights.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thanks to Greg Sistero's book, I learned that that's actually Tommy Wiseau's headshot. That he would send out to Agents, for representation.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The trailer for that Exodus movie with Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton aired before Dawn of the Planet of the Apes when I saw it this morning and visually the movie looks like a cross between 300 and Noah with hilariously out of place white people.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I really like this for some reason, despite it having pretty much nothing to do with the actual film.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Basticle posted:

I really like this for some reason, despite it having pretty much nothing to do with the actual film.

I believe that's the "Zone Tripper" character who finds the MARK 13 "hardware" that becomes the focus of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zq7gBou5SE

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I havent seen it in a few years so I forgot about him but yeah hes in the movie for all of 5 minutes.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That movie is loving awesome.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

feedmyleg posted:

Uh, it's historically accurate dude. The important people are white and the other people are black. Just like real life! Look:

Everyone flipping out about white dudes cast in Exodus need to calm down. The real tragedy is that there's no way two sacrilegious members of the Commonwealth will outperform the god-fearing duo of Heston and Brynner.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Do you know when the last real group photo was taken for a theatrical poster? Is it marked as an annual day of reflection amongst poster makers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

edit: also every face that looks photoshopped has an annoying publicist. That's my stance and I'm comfortable sticking to it.
Honestly can't tell which ones have been shopped. Maybe because all of them look shopped.