Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

ScottyWired;45365656 posted:

Finally watched Anzio OVA. It honestly worth cutting it from the main anime because all that extra time to animate was loving GREAT. Hyped to the high heavens for the movie now. Also p. great to have some SoL time with the StuG team. From previews I thought Anchovy was gonna a whiny little bitch but she's actually really freaking adorable. I felt genuinely bad for all the effort she put in even if EVERYTHING she does screws herself over to the very end but she still manages to smile. Also realised Anzio was probably on the shortlist along with Oorai to have their school shut down for budget reasons. That's brutal but also opens possibility of Anchovy and Taka-Caesar's friend transferring to Oorai for future entries in the series. Dunno about sound but it might have just been the sub group, deffo rewatching when higher quality comes out. Humour was pretty good, had me giggling plenty. Biggest complaint is the copy-paste syndrome that you see with all the other competition schools, where they have 2-3 cool tanks then the rest of the slots are filled with that nation's most recognizable tank. Oh the pains of budget. Reinvigorated love of the franchise, also combined with Twitter getting a better translation tool will turn me into a drooling fanatic for the next few months. Absolutely the best part of GuP, it might even compensate for that PSP game.

dieci/dieci

E: 1000 replies up in this thread loving aye

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Christ, the OVA really highlights how hilariously dangerous this is for the participants. People literally flying out of tank hatches while their tank is actively rolling over, shells whipping past tank commanders' heads by a margin of a couple feet, tanks falling off cliffs onto other tanks.

If high school sport tank combat were real the casualty/fatality rate would be horrifying.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 12, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

That was a fun episode. The small tanks getting flipped over all the time was ridiculous.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
I dunno what was funnier, the 2fast2furious tankette swarm or the tank destroyer joust.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Anzio being established as the Party Hard/Give No Fucks school and all their tankette crews being Volleyball Team-levels of crazy determined really is the best thing. :allears:

Also, the reason why Anzio wasn't there at the finals. :v:

Magni fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 13, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The tankette girls are some hardcore motherfuckers.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Magni posted:

Also, the reason why Anzio wasn't there at the finals. :v:

Kuromorimine had a hard time dealing with a single speedy Hetzer, so imagine the poo poo Anzio could pull on them.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sindai posted:

The tankette girls are some hardcore motherfuckers.

How much does that thing weigh in real life anyway?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Assuming it was some flavor of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L3/35, three and a half tons.

Lending further credence to the hyperadvanced superhuman society theory. If one of them did get hit by a shell it would probably bounce off.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
IIRC, the 3.2 tons are only for the last version of it and they're named as L/33s, so I guess it's anywhere between 2.7-3.2 tons.

ScottyWired posted:

Kuromorimine had a hard time dealing with a single speedy Hetzer, so imagine the poo poo Anzio could pull on them.

Wouldn't have taken a good end, but yeah.

Though I was (obviously) more talking about why they weren't among the spectators.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 13, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's been a while since I watched the series, but was that the first time that the Type 89 had actually white flagged a tank?

The OVA was pretty funny, I'm kind of glad they pushed it out since ultimately the episode was about 12 minutes longer than it otherwise would have been.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Someone needs to gif the Tank Kata that occurred because it's up there with the Kirei-Kiritsugu knife fight for concentrated awesome.

I really like Anzio received a lot of really generous characterization this episode; interestingly arriving early and having a good meal before a battle is actually Hannibal's idea (although it was hilariously subverted here for the Hourai-German School match); while using dummies I think is clearly a reference to Rommel during the Italian-Libya campaign.

Kanos posted:

Christ, the OVA really highlights how hilariously dangerous this is for the participants. People literally flying out of tank hatches while their tank is actively rolling over, shells whipping past tank commanders' heads by a margin of a couple feet, tanks falling off cliffs onto other tanks.

If high school sport tank combat were real the casualty/fatality rate would be horrifying.

So like Football?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Raenir Salazar posted:

So like Football?

At the very least being inside a tank that gets flipped and rolled a few times by a shell impact would almost assuredly result in football-esque injuries, yeah.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
The inside of tanks are coated in carbon to prevent any injuries.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The girls are also coated with carbon and their bones are reinforced with adamantium.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Or just regular old plot armour if you're a protagonist

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

You would think sticking your head constantly out of a tank would lead to some injuries but plot armor is pretty strong

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Is anyone else disappointed that Yukari's Tank Corner segments didn't make it onto the NA DVDs? I could listen to her sperg about tanks for hours.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

You would think sticking your head constantly out of a tank would lead to some injuries but plot armor is pretty strong
Nah, if you watch old film of WW2 tanks any crew that could would have their head out of the tank.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Guyver posted:

Nah, if you watch old film of WW2 tanks any crew that could would have their head out of the tank.

Good Tank commanders did so as it increased their situational awareness and let them respond to threats sooner. It also made them more easily sniped.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah but the point is that without people taking pot shots at you it's not anymore inherently dangerous than riding around on a tracker.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Guyver posted:

Yeah but the point is that without people taking pot shots at you it's not anymore inherently dangerous than riding around on a tracker.

True, I was just saying why you don't often see it happen anymore. :)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I laughed a lot when Anzio slept through the final because everyone was hung over. haha

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

The Monkey Man posted:

Is anyone else disappointed that Yukari's Tank Corner segments didn't make it onto the NA DVDs? I could listen to her sperg about tanks for hours.
Sentai doesn't give a gently caress, their releases are bare minimum without QC to save them money.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmGYEx-ka3M
Movie preview.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sd9l1v1Vfg

That Snow song Yukari was singing in full :allears:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Did this come with a release date less vague than "~2014ish maybe"?

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Progress!

Finally picked this project back up after months of school got in the way.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

http://www.redbubble.com/people/epcotservo/works/10529363-pravda-team-shirt?c=212099-tankery-teams&p=samsung-galaxy-case

So I found some things...

I actually bought the case to go with my new phone. Will give reviews when it arrives.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mao posted:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/epcotservo/works/10529363-pravda-team-shirt?c=212099-tankery-teams&p=samsung-galaxy-case

So I found some things...

I actually bought the case to go with my new phone. Will give reviews when it arrives.

sorry you overpaid by 15.00+ shipping
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640809

I made this at work recently using an incredibly high res image I found.

How does something like this get released? Its official art from the calendar. Its not a scan, its 8000x5000 with almost no pixelation. Did they release a digital version of the calendar?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

The girls are also coated with carbon and their bones are reinforced with adamantium.
They also take steroids in order to exert the 60kg of force required to turn in a Panzer 38t.

T___A fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 26, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

That based on a real cover from then?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Raenir Salazar posted:

That based on a real cover from then?
4 seconds of google:

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
"It followed me home, Darjeeling. Can I keep it?"

Assam needs her own command. Here's my suggestion. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_tank

Joachim1167 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 28, 2014

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Heres that JGSDF video that Yukari's voice actress narrates. It features the Type 10!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBq_VbRmBlg

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This show is so wonderfully silly. I lost it when they started singing Katyusha and the references to Kelly's Heroes.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

http://bato.to/read/_/275998/girls-und-panzer-ribbon-no-musha_ch1_by_efdecjanie

This finally got scanlated

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is that a doujin or a canon release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

Smoking Crow posted:

Is that a doujin or a canon release?

According to Wikipedia it's a spin-off manga that takes place after the anime.

• Locked thread