Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

bathroomrage posted:

^^Nobody gives a poo poo, stop griefing yourself.^^

You mean GMod/Blockland-style non-game servers. Minecraft servers tend to be pretty chill in my experience. v:shobon:v

Really? I've tried random pubbie servers a couple times and got screamed at for really stupid poo poo :shrug:

I don't really play Minecraft anymore because I don't really enjoy games that don't have any set goal - I'm a really task-oriented guy and need obstacles to conquer to enjoy games - so it doesn't matter either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Magres posted:

Really? I've tried random pubbie servers a couple times and got screamed at for really stupid poo poo :shrug:

I don't really play Minecraft anymore because I don't really enjoy games that don't have any set goal - I'm a really task-oriented guy and need obstacles to conquer to enjoy games - so it doesn't matter either way.

Yeah, it used to be like that, but a lot of the shittier players did what lovely players do and moved on to poo poo up the next newest-and-greatest thing and those that've been left behind are mostly just harmless spergs, stoners and the occasional building enthusiast.

Then again, you do still get your shitlords! So YMMV.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The only good minecraft grief I've heard happened to a friend of mine:

He was pretty new to Minecraft mods and wanted to play on a big server with a lot of people who could in theory help him understand all the mods since there was a lot less documentation back then. So probably against his best interests he joins the largest 4chan server at the time which had 30-100 people online most of the time.

He joins and people are very helpful, they give him free things and tell him how to do stuff. The one thing they tell him is that straying too far from base isn't a good idea because once you get a certain number of blocks from spawn it becomes a rule free zone.

Being a stupid motherfucker he doesn't listen to them and immediately wanders into the forbidden zone. Here he finds mostly boring bullshit. Giant penises, statues of ponies, statues of ponies with giant penises, etc. There are a few people doing PVP and so he starts chatting with them for a while. They say that he's pretty safe here because they'll protect him, and that the PVP people dont usually attack noobs because they are autists who want some SERIOUS HARDCORE MINECRAFT COMBAT or whatever. They do warn him to stay away from this specific forest.

Now as you can guess my buddy eventually goes into the forest because he needed wood and got turned around.

All of a sudden he hears someone yell "OOOGA BOOOGA" in all caps in chat. Immediately everyone in the chat starts yelling variations on "RUN!" and "GTFO!" so he starts running but its too late. A guy with a skin that looks like a primitive caveman appears under the effects of several potions and enchantments and he easily chases my friend down where he summarily beats him to death with a stick while yelling "OOOGA! BOOOOGA!" repeatedly.

He chatted to other people about it, and apparently this dude spends like ~10 hours a day logged in RPing as a murderous caveman who hides in the bushes outside society and clubs people to death. They naturally don't tell anyone about him because they have all been killed by him multiple times and found it funny.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I still think Honk Honk Butt is the best SS13 griefing story.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Cojawfee posted:

Did they ever get very far with the standalone version? I couldn't stand playing the BYOND version because it runs like poo poo.
They're still working on it, but they're taking their time, since real life keeps getting in the way, and it's a side project for all of them.

Yardbomb posted:

To be honest, the Goon server sadly runs like a special kind of poo poo for whatever reasons. Just go to other servers if you wanna be dumb and mess with people.
The problem with goon servers is that of the 4 of them, one always fills up with like 50-80 people during peak times, while the others while away with just 0-5 people. If you want to learn the game, join one of the nearly-dead servers. If you want to grief, join any non-goon server. If you want to watch the magical horrible chaos ensue, join and observe the full server.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

g0t_hats posted:

Team Roomba videos are all staged dude lol. Why do you think they only made like two? People found out and hosed them up.

I think they're still funny just for the spectacle of it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

g0t_hats posted:

Team Roomba videos are all staged dude lol. Why do you think they only made like two? People found out and hosed them up.

I'd rather watch a hilarious well-staged video than another 5 minute video of two teenagers calling each other fagots over and over

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 14, 2014

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I'd rather watch a hilarious well-staged video than another 5 minute video of two teenagers calling each other fagots over and over

maybe you should make a thread for video game videos then since that isnt a griefing videos???

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

QuarkJets posted:

wuat posted:

maybe you should make a thread for video game videos then since that isnt a griefing videos???

Post content or get out tia

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

bathroomrage posted:

Post content or get out tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkp8mFVBnhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiX0u-LPov4
here you go lovely unedited vids just for you

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

It took me a bit to figure out what was going on but then people got mad at the mines and I had a good time

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hey look at that, short and sweet videos of actual griefing instead of kids screaming into microphones. Good job thread

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

So you'd rather watch people pretend to get mad? I don't get it.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

g0t_hats posted:

You dont get TV either, dont you?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

g0t_hats posted:

Well I don't get what's entertaining about a 10 year-old screaming into a microphone for 5 minutes :shrug:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/user/c0zened/videos
Youtube recommended this channel to me today. There's some really good stuff in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pxk2lIZjok
This one is my favorite so far though it's not video game griefing, just regular prank calling.

QuarkJets posted:

Well I don't get what's entertaining about a 10 year-old screaming into a microphone for 5 minutes :shrug:
Interesting.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

QuarkJets posted:

this is sometimes pretty funny, like that irish kid whose parents told him to stop swearing

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Nektu posted:

You dont get TV either, dont you?

Griefing is about getting GENUINE reactions, not having your friends join the server and pretend to be mad. Does that not make sense to you dude?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Guys, you just don't get griefing. It's an ~art~

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Hey look at that, short and sweet videos of actual griefing instead of kids screaming into microphones. Good job thread

You haven't posted content yet, :justpost: or get out all you're doing is dragging this argument out, t i a

Now's a good time for me to post some content that isn't mine, but probably got mentioned earlier in the thread.

These are a series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORxPSXoK4Ss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJu_JIg2nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUXJcByUH8

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Jeffrey posted:

this is sometimes pretty funny, like that irish kid whose parents told him to stop swearing

The best ones are when parents of children get involved and get pulled by their hair into the world of griff. This one's one of my favorites for that, and many other reasons. It features a mom defending her son from accusations of racism by stating that they have a mixed-race aunt, threats of reporting the griefers to the FBI for hacking, 192.168.1.1 showing up as the target's alleged IP, "in-game negotiations," and more.

Speaking of in-game VOIP arguments, there's also this amazing video. There's Only One Mighty Pirate™.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Magres posted:

Guys, you just don't get griefing. It's an ~art~

I don't think I ever said that haha.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Magres posted:

Anyone care if I repost some old (really good) stories from the SS13 thread? Some of them are absolute gold

Here's a link to one of my favourite SS13 stories

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hubbert posted:

I completely forgot about Space Justice, that story is so loving good

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

where the gently caress

is the CONTENT

WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE GRIEFS

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Control Volume posted:

where the gently caress

is the CONTENT

WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE GRIEFS

This thread is for discussion of what is and is not griefing, not actual griefing. please stay on topic and do not post actual griefing.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
http://youtu.be/llQ-29uuMAk?t=3h20m48s

he thinks the tinfoil will protect him from our gay HAARP rays.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

How does a person like that even exist in this gay world

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Control Volume posted:

How does a person like that even exist in this gay world

http://wiki.teamgamerfood.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Jace_Connors

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Did this thread finally get rid of (or stop enforcing) the rule that every post had to have griefing content? What a stupid loving idea that was. Now I can follow the thread again!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I can't find a link to it, but the butt bot story is to this day the best thing I've ever read.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Hubbert posted:

Oh hey, Thats me, AquinASS, The Griefee

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

It's the new Chris Chan

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sadly, I can't remember who it was, exactly, but I suddenly remembered an extremely old griefing story from WoW from almost 10 years ago.

Back in the days before any expansion packs, the Plaguelands (Western and Eastern) were two major zones that just about everyone would go to level in for the final stretch of 50-60. Among the reasons to go was getting a head start on gaining reputation with the Argent Dawn, a faction that was a motherfucker to grind for a variety of reasons. Worse still, there were several major quests (including one for the best set of armor for your class that you could hope to get if you weren't a raider) that required you to be at a certain level of reputation, so there was pretty much no way of avoiding them.

Eventually, on one server, someone snapped at them after making that long grind, and wanted revenge for all of the misery he'd had to go through, even if it meant pissing away all of his work up to that point. For whatever reason, Blizzard had never bothered to make you unable to Declare War with the Argent Dawn. Not only that, this was supposedly before they'd buffed the guard NPCs in neutral locations to massively overkill you in a few hits if you messed with anyone from the other faction.

So, the guy went to the main hub of them, Light's Hope Cathedral, and went on an absolute, constant massacre of NPCs in there; the only ones he didn't instantly mow down were ones that were always friendly to him. Eventually, he even made a bit of an enterprise out of it, and started charging people serious amounts of gold so that he would hold off on killing certain highly important NPCs long enough for them to do their thing. And so long as he didn't attack the opposing side's flightmaster (which would have flagged him for PvP), there was nothing that anyone on either side could do to stop him.

He finally quit it when he managed to get to the absolute lowest level of reputation he could get with them, if I remember right.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

http://wiki.teamgamerfood.com posted:

While high, convinced by trolls that he should pour laundry detergent into a gaping wound on his toe[39]. This wound was caused when he tripped and tore off his toenail while attempting to find an imaginary bomb in his house[40]. See The Toe Wound for more details.

:magical:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPC66mPAKFk

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I posted this a million years ago but I'm bringing it back because it's still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imd-AF6lIO0

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Dizz posted:

I posted this a million years ago but I'm bringing it back because it's still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imd-AF6lIO0

That's.... Beautiful.

Anyway, time for actual content! Apologies if this isn't very well written, I'm writing this on my phone whilst waiting for a bus.

When a new season of Game of Thrones starts I make a point of going into all-talk Team Fortress 2 servers (alltalk meaning both teams can hear each other microphones) and getting everyone to talk about Game of Thrones "So what do you guys think is going to happen?", that sort of thing. When a good chunk of server is joining in on the chat, I blow into a cheap plastic trumpet and announce that unless someone gives me some items that I will shout out Game of Thrones spoilers (I've read all the books sadly). I've been called a "loving book-reading human being", had multiple death threats, one girl threatened to get her boyfriend to hack me, made some-one cry and someone else threaten to kill themselves (the last two happened on the same furry server at the same time), after shouting out a few spoilers someone usually caves in and give me a load of stuff.

However, the real grief comes after someone hands something over. In TF2 you can mute the mic of anyone you don't like very easily, so after I've got my loot I read out instructions on how to mute someone. I let them know that they could have muted me at anytime and everyone flips their poo poo. I actually have one guy who follows me around different servers and try to kill me.

E: Fixed for clarity

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 15, 2014

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

using the ignore list is some serious childish poo poo and not cool or chill at all

I would agree for literally any other forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

White Dog Eggs posted:

When a new season of Game of Thrones starts I make a point of going into all-talk servers and getting everyone to talk about Game of Thrones "So what do you guys think is going to happen?", that sort of thing. When a good chunk of server is joining in on the chat, I blow into a cheap plastic trumpet and announce that unless someone gives me some items that I will shout out Game of Thrones spoilers (I've read all the books sadly).

I told a few people FYADs old title because I didn't know/think it was real and accidentally pissed off a couple of friends. FYAD griefs. Oops!

• Locked thread