Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
I've got Hazel, the amazing unibrowed uchi squirrel, in boxes today!

This was the third or fourth time she's asked to leave so I decided to let her go. Anybody want her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A Gyroid has learned to walk and talk and has moved in to my town. Its name is Coco. Ooookay then...

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I guess it's a funny joke?

Good and grumpy!

~Beautiful~ :allears:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

rhoga posted:

~Beautiful~ :allears:

Awesome! I was hoping you'd made it over. :yayclod:

hello fence
Apr 24, 2008

I'm Gonna Hurt You.

hello fence posted:

I got O'Hare the smug rabbit moving out on the 13th if anyone wants him! I don't time travel so it'll be a while. He's got a cute hat though, so I hope I can find him a home.

Moving day is tomorrow!

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Is there a limit to the number of Jacob's Ladders you can produce? I haven't gotten a new one in weeks, and I've been maintaining a perfect town.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

PacoTheThird posted:

I've got Hazel, the amazing unibrowed uchi squirrel, in boxes today!

This was the third or fourth time she's asked to leave so I decided to let her go. Anybody want her?

Yes! I had her in my last town she owns, are u still about

uni-wow

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008

Corridor posted:

Yes! I had her in my last town she owns, are u still about

uni-wow

Yep, I'm here. I'll add you and open up. I'm in the spreadsheet.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

crap missed u, sorry

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

I have turnips for 158 if anyone's desperate. I'll probably forget to check this thread again, so hit me up on IRC.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Rolf is leaving my town today. Anybody want him to move to their town?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Barold is also boxed up today if you actively want a stubbly big-lipped squinting bear. Otherwise I'm sure some unlucky bastard will be overjoyed to inadvertently StreetPass him off of me.

Also, broken pixel, your town was Beegate, right? I appear to have picked up your Mira!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Phil the smug ostrich moved in the other day and holy crap he's awesome, just saying.

Now trying to get Flip the jock monkey to leave; his house is right where I want the reset center to go. Either him or Frita, her house is just annoyingly placed and her head is a goddamn hamburger.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Today I bred my first white carnation and got into the Resetti centre and got bit by a tarantula. Today should be a good day. It's not because I can't find a loving scorpion :( It's the last bug I need to complete my bugcyclopedia :(

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

Barold is also boxed up today if you actively want a stubbly big-lipped squinting bear. Otherwise I'm sure some unlucky bastard will be overjoyed to inadvertently StreetPass him off of me.

Also, broken pixel, your town was Beegate, right? I appear to have picked up your Mira!

Oh hey, cool! I'm glad you inherited her. She's a pretty neat villager. I mean, come on, she's a superhero!

rhoga posted:

Oooh, I think I might have to grab him. He looks like a good match for Bianca. Hurray, matching villagers! That being said, if anyone else comes in and really wants him, that's totally cool, too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Phil the smug ostrich moved in the other day and holy crap he's awesome, just saying.

Now trying to get Flip the jock monkey to leave; his house is right where I want the reset center to go. Either him or Frita, her house is just annoyingly placed and her head is a goddamn hamburger.

Frita is made of french fries. She is a hamburger and french fries sheep. If you don't see why this is awesome and why Frita is The Best Villager, I don't know what to tell you.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Silver Falcon posted:

Frita is made of french fries. She is a hamburger and french fries sheep. If you don't see why this is awesome and why Frita is The Best Villager, I don't know what to tell you.

I thought that Frita was a pinata.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Finally got my gold Streetpass Master badge after a few days of cycling through tagged peeps at a convention.

But man, the sheer number of players I tagged who started on or around June 9th, upgraded their house either somewhat or not at all and barely decorated their houses was both kinda surreal and depressing to see. Like, the showcase doesn't need to be manually updated like the Dream Suite so it's not like their houses in their game are at all any different from the ones at the showcase.

Also after a while the house layouts seem so similar you would swear the game was just randomly generating them from a set number of potential layouts.

It was like everybody had pictures of Lucky, Frita and Phil on display. Everyone.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

I thought that Frita was a pinata.

Isn't that Pietro? Speaking of, he's visiting my town. I'd get rid of Bubbles for him if I could.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

From a while ago, but having tea with Silver Falcon and Becklespinax.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the gallery paper, museum paper, post-office paper, or snowman paper? If you have them, we'd love to dupe them! They're rare (supposedly only obtainable as a random gift from a villager) and unorderable from the catalog which is unusual for stationery.

(MoriDB lists them as unobtainable, but it also lists halloween paper as unobtainable, but Carbohydrates's girlfriend managed to obtain a set that we've since duped and have floating around. It shows up in the catalog too, but is sadly not reorderable. So it's possible to obtain the other ones and accidentally sell them, not realizing you'll never see them again.)

Decidedly not having tea with Kruller.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Which one of you guys dumped Eggbert on me?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Should have sent... a poet...

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

broken pixel posted:

Oh hey, cool! I'm glad you inherited her. She's a pretty neat villager. I mean, come on, she's a superhero!

Oooh, I think I might have to grab him. He looks like a good match for Bianca. Hurray, matching villagers! That being said, if anyone else comes in and really wants him, that's totally cool, too.

I've added you, add me back and I'll open up so you can come grab him. 0001-3312-4455

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Miz Kriss posted:

Which one of you guys dumped Eggbert on me?

That is a huge bummer, hope he leaves quickly.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

rhoga posted:

That sonofabitch just moved in from spotpass and messed up my pokemon garden and blocked my best path.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Amarie posted:

That sonofabitch just moved in from spotpass and messed up my pokemon garden and blocked my best path.

I'm sorry for your loss... I think I got the good one. :v:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Woah, you can make paths in New Leaf?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Require More Fire posted:

Woah, you can make paths in New Leaf?

You pretty much have to make patterns and lay them down yourself. :eng101: It's pretty time consuming, but if you like law and order in your town, the results are worthwhile. There's a million of them online, but it's pretty fun to make your own, too! The edged ones look really nice. As far as I know, they're easiest to manage with a mule character that has all the patterns on hand, so you can have whatever you patterns want on your main character. The best part is when you're done, you can invite goons over to admire your fabulous town.

I like paths that don't have edges/corners and only rely on 1 pattern, because it's easier to maintain on the go. I like having a fairly organic layout to my town, too... then again, I might just be lazy. :shobon:

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've got Hamphrey moving if someone would like to take him off my hands.

Twerp
Feb 25, 2011

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the gallery paper, museum paper, post-office paper, or snowman paper? If you have them, we'd love to dupe them! They're rare (supposedly only obtainable as a random gift from a villager) and unorderable from the catalog which is unusual for stationery.

(MoriDB lists them as unobtainable, but it also lists halloween paper as unobtainable, but Carbohydrates's girlfriend managed to obtain a set that we've since duped and have floating around. It shows up in the catalog too, but is sadly not reorderable. So it's possible to obtain the other ones and accidentally sell them, not realizing you'll never see them again.)

Sure, got 'em lying around somewhere. You can dupe 'em up a bunch if you like.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

That'd be awesome! Is there anything you're looking for that we can get you in return? My FC is 3668-7290-5168. I'll be in the irc channel hanging out, but its fine if you don't have irc or whatever.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

why does everyone hate egbert? i mean i hate him too and have done since the first ac, i'm just wondering why, i don't mind lazys or chickens especially

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Corridor posted:

why does everyone hate egbert? i mean i hate him too and have done since the first ac, i'm just wondering why, i don't mind lazys or chickens especially

I don't get the distate I've seen in this thread once or twice for Moose, the jock mouse. He's loving hilarious, always excited to see me, and greets me with a mighty, "Brruuuh!"

I like to pretend that he's the game's representation of the average user in the Punchsport Pagoda. :allears:

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Corridor posted:

one time i pulled a flee off him and he said "as a reward you can keep the flee" and thats bullshit

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

one time i pulled a flee off him and he said "as a reward you can keep the flee" and thats bullshit

You know what's worse? If he kept the flea.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, Tammy is in boxes today. Who wants this peppy monkey girl?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Corridor posted:

I don't hate Egbert. In fact, I love him and would have taken him if I didn't already have two lazy villagers (Big Top and Clyde).

delirious pancake
Dec 29, 2006
in your grocer's freezer
Does anyone want Nibbles, the peppy green squirrel? She's leaving in a few days.

Also, this is a longshot, but if anyone ever has any of the octopi but especially Octavian leaving their town, I really want them! Back in the Gamecube days, Octavian was my best pal and I've been trying to get him again in every AC since then without any luck. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Genovera posted:

I don't hate Egbert. In fact, I love him and would have taken him if I didn't already have two lazy villagers (Big Top and Clyde).

I'll give him a chance, but I will let you know once he moves out. I only don't want him because I'm trying to get an all cat village :ssh:

• Locked thread