Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mosquito bites got you down? Just eat a bag of Oreos off the floor like a animal you loving piece of poo poo.

#lifehacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

FuhrerHat posted:

Mosquito bites got you down? Just eat a bag of Oreos off the floor like a animal you loving piece of poo poo.

#lifehacks

You'll ingest natural antihistamines and detoxifiers from the environment around you!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lifehack: when eating oreos, don't use milk, crunch them up thoroughly using just your front teeth and never brush your teeth again

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This seems unethical.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

razorrozar posted:

This seems unethical.

Cant say I get this one?

SLCGoth
Nov 8, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

Cant say I get this one?

"Please officer, don't give me a ticket...I've just been fired"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

Cant say I get this one?

Don't worry it's a tough one. My dog had no idea either.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

sorry officer, i just got fired from my job as executive calculator operator

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Washing up liquid also works for most stings, bites and even the kinds of burns you'll get from an oven. No idea why, a friend told me this after she'd worked in a bakery for a while.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

lenoon posted:

Washing up liquid also works for most stings, bites and even the kinds of burns you'll get from an oven. No idea why, a friend told me this after she'd worked in a bakery for a while.

You can even use it to wash spoons.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
I successfully was able to get a free drink in one type of pop machine. I forget the exact mechanism but it was one of those odd ones that had the arm that would grab the bottle from the shelf and drop it in a little compartment. All you would have to do is repeatedly push another dollar in and out of the slot while it was getting your drink, and it would spit out the original dollar. I've never tried it again on another machine, but that was fun. Probably specific to that model, but give it a try if you want. I have no idea how my friend found out.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
My method for dealing with mosquito bites is to scratch until I break the skin and apply hand sanitizer. Once the stinging stops the bite doesn't itch again for another five minutes or so. It's not a very good method so I guess it fits into this thread.

Hand sanitizer is also really good to put on scratches, especially cat scratches. It stings but the scratch heals much faster.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

RCarr posted:

Don't worry it's a tough one. My dog had no idea either.

Is your police force corrupt enough where one might even reasonably think they would ever let someone off for such a reason?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Nutsngum posted:

Is your police force corrupt enough where one might even reasonably think they would ever let someone off for such a reason?

Corrupt? Dude if a cop pulls you over for doing a California Stop because he's low on his ticket quota, then you say "sorry I just have a lot on my mind, I just got fired, I'll be more careful" and he lets you off with a warning, that's not corruption. That's just having some sympathy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

I don't know if you are trolling or just plain crazy, but cops let people go for a lot less all the time.

Edit: Guess you are just real mad for not understanding a simple concept.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Jul 16, 2014

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

razorrozar posted:

This seems unethical.

I've seen this one mentioned before. As it turned out the cop had seen this hack too, so it didn't work.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dr Snofeld posted:

I've seen this one mentioned before. As it turned out the cop had seen this hack too, so it didn't work.

Yeah apparently they posted that on reddit an a short time later a cop posted on there with something like "Cops read reddit too" showing him stopping a dude who tried to pull that one if I recall corectly

E: Have some recipes life hacks

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Jul 16, 2014

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ah yes, the life hack of "put food in dough, then cook it"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stratdax posted:

Corrupt? Dude if a cop pulls you over for doing a California Stop because he's low on his ticket quota, then you say "sorry I just have a lot on my mind, I just got fired, I'll be more careful" and he lets you off with a warning, that's not corruption. That's just having some sympathy.

He probably just thought the idea was to bribe the cop with office supplies from the box.

"Officer, maybe we could find a mutually beneficial solution to this situation?"
*Pulls out optical mouse by its cord*

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

:gonk:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

This one doesn't look bad until you go to the link and find the rest of the image :barf:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't get it? It's just a couple cookies stuck together with frosting that have candy in the middle.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To be fair, one of the first things the guy says is "I don't consider these to be lifehacks, they're just easy recipes I think people should know".

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Td5uMB_vQ

quote:

If someone used this in a confined space or got in the floor with it they would probably go to sleep and never wake up. At the very least, they would probably kill their pets.

quote:

You really shouldn't keep this video up, dry ice is solid carbon dioxide, and it's lethal in large amounts
Oh dear.

Aphtonites has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Jul 17, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Dry ice is also expensive as gently caress. And yes, you can knock yourself out with it. Theatrical foggers use it as "fuel" and while messing with one during a rehearsal I almost managed to knock myself out. I was fussing with some fitting under a stage and didn't come up for air often enough.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Rinsing loving spoons

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Three quarters of my job is riding up and down in elevators, so I've tried a lot of the elevator tricks in here. As far as I can tell, here is what works:

It's got to be a big building. Big enough that it should it's own freight elevator. If it does, none of those tricks will work because the guys causing problems (the people delivering/moving poo poo) will be using their own elevator and nobody's important enough to rate the "express" tricks in average office building.

If a client owns the building (eg, an AT&T building that's 80% AT&T occupied) they may have special combinations to skip floors, but if it's that big it's probably got a freight.

If it's a big building (25+ floors) that's not singularly occupied, but WITHOUT a freight elevator, one or more of those tricks will work. The guys making deliveries will be told to use those tricks (Floor + door close, double tap floor, press and hold floor) will probably work. If those work, double pressing a floor will probably cancel the floor selection as well.

Otherwise, we just contact security, and they give us an elevator key so we can just lock the drat thing off and go directly from wherever we unload from to the floor we're working on, no funny business involved.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Brush your teeth and piss in the shower.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

At the same time?

I don't know if this is blurry because it was vibrating or because the picture was taken with a potato.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Caedus posted:

If it's a big building (25+ floors) that's not singularly occupied, but WITHOUT a freight elevator, one or more of those tricks will work. The guys making deliveries will be told to use those tricks (Floor + door close, double tap floor, press and hold floor) will probably work. If those work, double pressing a floor will probably cancel the floor selection as well.

Another one I've seen in large buildings is having banks of elevators that only serve certain floors. I support a client in downtown Pittsburgh that has their data center on the 18th floor of their building. When you enter the elevator lobby the elevators on the left serve floors 1-15, the elevators on the left are only for 16-30 and go really loving fast up or down the first 16 floors, pretty much eliminating the need for some kind of express bypass code.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I had a roommate who always did that. The first one, at least. According to him it saved time.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I had a roommate who always did that. The first one, at least. According to him it saved time.

I shave, piss and brush in my shower. Saves time and water.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I shave, piss and brush in my shower. Saves time and water.

You can also masturbate! Just another lifehack, everyone. You're welcome.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

razorrozar posted:

I don't know if this is blurry because it was vibrating or because the picture was taken with a potato.

that's a pretty expensive alternative to douching

e:

RatHat posted:

I don't get it? It's just a couple cookies stuck together with frosting that have candy in the middle.

The rainbow thing looks totally fine, it's the decorative cumtrail I'm concerned about

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Rad Tad posted:

The rainbow thing looks totally fine, it's the decorative cumtrail I'm concerned about

Seriously? It's just sugar glaze/icing. Have you never seen a cinnamon roll or anything?

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Seriously? It's just sugar glaze/icing. Have you never seen a cinnamon roll or anything?

i dont know what food looks like but i sure as gently caress know what cum looks like

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

whoah icing sounds way better than cum. Lifehacks coming from within the thread

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rad Tad posted:

whoah icing sounds way better than cum. Lifehacks coming from within the thread

Lifehack: ejaculate icing instead of cum. Your partner will love it!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It doesn't, though. If it takes three minutes to brush your teeth, it takes three minutes whether you do it in the shower or out of the shower. In the shower just wastes MORE water.

Same with shaving in the shower.

Pissing in the shower, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable.