Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

The current model has ESFs virtually free - Air resources never mattered, so this is a step in the right direction

Yep. As it stands if you're not a pilot ESFs are basically a free drop pod that you have more control over. Even if you are a pilot the only way you run out of air resources is if you're on a continent with no air resources and you keep pulling ESFs/Libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Some times I just use a galaxy to get from point A to point B because its a cooler entrance then some lovely little ESF.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

We're about to enter a new dark age of players perpetually in autism chariots and battlebuses.

I'm already living in the dark age of the battlebus and it is amazing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

At least it now costs more to solo-Engineer kill a Sunderer than the Sunderer costs to pull!
Exactly as much (one sticky and two mines), since nobody uses mine guard.

Under the new system that infantry utility resource costs are loving awful and there's no reason to use them over pulling a sunderer with two bulldogs now to destroy another sunderer

I welcome our new traffic jam overlords :unsmigghh:

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 16, 2014

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Periphery posted:

I have tk rate of 18.23%. :getin:

I have a TK rate of almost 31%. :stare:

I shouldn't be allowed to have guns at this point.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I was in a base with my magrider and managed to run over 4 (four) people, all VS, and I killed no one else. It was magical.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I never TK as much as when I'm so much as feathering the throttle on a Flash and there are friendlies anywhere nearby. It was particularly laggy and I was getting TK warnings while sitting completely still.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

when pubs try to repair my lightning I think of em like cleaner fish

useful sometimes but if some die because I closed my mouth (drove backwards really fast) I'm not gonna feel bad

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Planetside.tk isn't working for me right now but I imagine half of my TKs are Stew360 and Wisdomcube.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Vernii posted:

Mother of god. Jesus christ Vernii, STOP SHOOTING EVERYONE.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Known things:

There will still be a reserve on infantry items, only now it will be your max that you can carry at a time instead of 40. Is it maximum possible by default or maximum that you have certed or maximum that you have equipped on someone? Not sure

You will not lose what you have stored up now, but you will not be able to add to the pile until you drop below the new limits.

What this means afaik, is that you can pull a 2 C4, 4 revive made medic once and it will be p drat expensive but it will be free the next time if you don't use any of it. If you use 1 C4 the next pull will be whatever C4 ends up being

This is accurate - though from what I've ssen on the test server you have to actually go to a terminal and pull a loadout to restock items, no more restocking cross-class consumables from the loadout screen while in the field.

I don't know how I feel about that, it's probably good for the game but goddamn is it going to make nanites an annoying resource to manage.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BadLlama posted:

Some times I just use a galaxy to get from point A to point B because its a cooler entrance then some lovely little ESF.

I used to do this too so that I could fake out dudes into getting into AA MAXes but then people started using rocket launchers =(

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Do people just not know they can swap MAX arms at a terminal/sundie with no resource or timer penalty?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Continents locking after an alert is a really dumb idea, I'm finding. You have this thing which is a great catalyst for the creation of fights and then after an hour or two you totally shut them down, creating a (sometimes significant) period of time in which there's nothing but ghost capping (unless it's primetime).

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

It fills me with sorrow that SOE hasn't reinvested more of Planetside 2's revenue into the game. If they dedicated more resources to bug fixing, polish, player orientation, and new gameplay content, the player base would be much larger. Circa Beta the game badly needed 3-6 months of extra polish. They got some cash flow from releasing early, but the persistent performance and balance issues, lack of new content during O:MFG, and to a much lesser extent the two-year absence of a PS1-style metagame have probably cost them a lot of players.

I don't think the game is going to die but to get and keep subscribers SOE really needs to improve the rate at which they're releasing new content, and that isn't going to happen while they're pulling staff onto other projects. I saw a Radar_X post on Reddit saying it's natural for developers to leave a game "after release", but 1) Planetside 2 still doesn't have the polish of a finished AAA game and 2) the game didn't "release" with a full game's worth of content and it's F2P so you have to push out content to keep players interested.

Gobblecoque posted:

Continents locking after an alert is a really dumb idea, I'm finding. You have this thing which is a great catalyst for the creation of fights and then after an hour or two you totally shut them down, creating a (sometimes significant) period of time in which there's nothing but ghost capping (unless it's primetime).

Yeah, it's a similar problem to how facilities used to cap at fixed deadlines, whereas now the cap timer adjusts depending on the number of cap points held by each side. An arbitrary timer dictates how long the fight will last.

Popcornicus fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 16, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gobblecoque posted:

I've noticed the NC meta being roll over and die on some alerts just to ghost cap an empty continent to lock it right after an alert.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Boogalo posted:

Do people just not know they can swap MAX arms at a terminal/sundie with no resource or timer penalty?

.....no, I didn't. Not that I will, because gently caress bursters.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Azerban posted:

.....no, I didn't. Not that I will, because gently caress bursters.

It's good for situationally switching your suit slot too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Vernii posted:

Man and I thought I accidentally TK'ed a lot at 3%

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
How do you even use your guns without constant grief locking given that three out of every ten people you kill are friendly, Vernii?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Heh, that means in the time it takes for me to kill 100 enemies, I kill just over 3 friendlies, but you kill around 42 in that same timespan.

Do you alternate your playtime between lashing, dropping mines and explosives under groups of friendlies and skittling dudes with your magrider or something?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 16, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Vernii just follows the correct philosophy of "Never stop shooting" and he should be commended for it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

BadLlama posted:

Vernii just follows the correct philosophy of "Never stop shooting" and he should be commended for it.
I didn't know they made commendations for that. What's the opposite of a Purple Heart?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
SOE announced on Twitter that they're giving everybody two days of membership because of the domain name snafu.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Segmentation Fault posted:

SOE announced on Twitter that they're giving everybody two days of membership because of the domain name snafu.

my queues...

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I think its a mixture of being very fond of grenades and prox mines, having terrible aim in general, and PC performance issues.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Azerban posted:

my queues...

When everyone is premium, noone is

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

I've noticed the NC meta being roll over and die on some alerts just to ghost cap an empty continent to lock it right after an alert.

This is true and it's hilarious to see happen, and if the meta is "have something locked for your faction" then it's a good strategy

Hope you enjoyed your 3 minutes of half price tanks, nerds :smugdog:

The fights tend to be pretty good on the cont we're alt-capping too provided you don't follow any Zerg. At the very least it's no different than when the VS all piles onto Hossin or wherever to ghost cap it while ignoring all other conts

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Azerban posted:

my queues...

Are there actually still queues now? They seemed to be dying down even during the double XP weekend. I haven't played since then but I assumed they would be pretty miniscule by now.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Any word on when the free membership will start up?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Free membership: thur - fri
Member's 2xp weekend: fri - sun

Everybody gets to taste 1 day of double exp+everybody has squad boost
They're going to make a fortune on Saturday

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 16, 2014

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

folgore posted:

Are there actually still queues now? They seemed to be dying down even during the double XP weekend. I haven't played since then but I assumed they would be pretty miniscule by now.

Alerts are still chaos, I was in a 20-something member queue the other day

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Whats everyones go to auraxis snaxis

coffee and mixed nuts gets me 6+ kdr maxxx spm :cool:
soda/beer < 3-4 kdr barely 20k spm :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mortimer posted:

Vyvanse+coffe+empty stomach = infinity KDR or 0.0001, but not in between

Also, this, with some variation, eaten as one giant meal over the course of 2 hours (then followed by a nap) nets me a solid 5+ session KDR. It's worse if I play while still fasted for whatever reason :shrug: Probably because by the time I can play the coffee has worn off and work has just ended. Pretty much just lentils and cheap cheap protein sources at the moment until the new job starts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

New poo poo posted: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-7-17.193920/

highlights

quote:

metric shitton of Hossin geography/terminal fixes
apparently every rock on Hossin is capable of trapping you

quote:

Everybody who has ever bought anything from the depot gets 200 certs
this isn't in the notes but it's happening

quote:

The /bug window had usability improvements based on /r/Planetside/ feedback.
This was sorely needed. Hopefully now it at least stays open if you die

quote:

Granted certs to some ex-PSG multi-month subscribers who were improperly listed as copper level at the beginning of June. The cert amount includes some 'interest' to make up for the long wait on a resolution.

quote:

Pulsar C Auraxium medal issue where players weren't given the appropriate medal should be resolved.
Auraxium Pipeline nerds rejoice

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
As if anyone would just stop using the Pulsar C after the auraxium. But yeah, uh, how many times have they said they fixed Pulsar C medals/ribbons, again?

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Mortimer posted:

Vodka + Vodka + Vodka + Vodka + Vodka, maybe a little bit more Vodka = NC #1 at honking.

Suck on that KD:R scrublordz

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Nakar posted:

As if anyone would just stop using the Pulsar C after the auraxium. But yeah, uh, how many times have they said they fixed Pulsar C medals/ribbons, again?

I'm somewhere over 2500 kills with it at this point. I would use it for every class if I could.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Gobblecoque posted:

Any word on when the free membership will start up?

It's only +2 days to their total time for those who are already members. If you aren't a member but have spent SC you get 200 certs instead, and if you're fully F2P (or have only bought fresh meat / Steam DLCs I guess?) I don't think you get anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Nakar posted:

I have 1100 kills with the Lasher and I just noticed that my progress was reset 400 kills ago. I wish it was the Pulsar C I still had to aurax.

Lasher's fun and all but my KPH suffers

• Locked thread