Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't particularly like Weird Al as a podcast guest either. He seems like a nice guy and some of his music is pretty clever, but I don't think I've ever really enjoyed him on CBB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cast No Engine posted:

I don't particularly like Weird Al as a podcast guest either. He seems like a nice guy and some of his music is pretty clever, but I don't think I've ever really enjoyed him on CBB.

vicar please

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/jdyb6f/-midnight-tuesday--july-15--2014-season-1-ep-01088 keep watching when the credits start rolling.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I used to love Weird Al, just like I loved Mad Magazine or Ace Ventura, but you kind of outgrow that stuff at some point, at least in my opinion. I still appreciate that sort of thing, I'm glad it exists, but I don't get excited for it outside some sense of nostalgia.

I think most people who aren't 11 year old boys who still talk about how great he is are focusing on how extraordinarily nice and decent he seems to be. I don't know that I've ever heard a negative thing about the guy, outside of him being corny and outdated.

I like him on CBB because he always seems to be having a lot of fun, and it's nice to hear stuff that's not edgy or cynical from time to time.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DangerDummy! posted:

I used to love Weird Al, just like I loved Mad Magazine or Ace Ventura, but you kind of outgrow that stuff at some point, at least in my opinion. I still appreciate that sort of thing, I'm glad it exists, but I don't get excited for it outside some sense of nostalgia.

I think most people who aren't 11 year old boys who still talk about how great he is are focusing on how extraordinarily nice and decent he seems to be. I don't know that I've ever heard a negative thing about the guy, outside of him being corny and outdated.

I like him on CBB because he always seems to be having a lot of fun, and it's nice to hear stuff that's not edgy or cynical from time to time.

no heymo

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I outgrew Weird Al's stuff like everyone, then I heard him on podcasts and realized he's actually a really awesome guy. He might, from time to time, pay the bills by finding the part of a popular song that rhymes with a foodstuff and elaborating on that, but none of us are at 100% all the time. I like to think I've grown up enough to no longer be uncomfortable sharing my opinion that Hardware Store might be humanity's greatest musical achievement.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Technicality No Down Boo Over has made it to television. This is big.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

I used to love Weird Al, just like I loved Mad Magazine or Ace Ventura
I 100% feel this, but as a musician, it's great to going from appreciating the "comedy" of these albums to the amazing songwriting. He really has an amazing talent aping some more subtle parts of the song. And the pastiche stuff is cool from a talent standpoint. He's less of a "lol" more of a "wow".

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Did those words appear in the credits somewhere? I missed wherever it's supposed to show up.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Tacier posted:

Did those words appear in the credits somewhere? I missed wherever it's supposed to show up.

It was said by both when they were pretend-arguing after the final game ended and the winner was called.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

JethroMcB posted:

Technicality No Down Boo Over?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Jon gabrus is on the latest live i4h if you need more like me

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
"Weird" Al is a funny guy and a good podcast guest but I don't get how people can tolerate his songs for more than 30 seconds or so.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Loot crate sounds like the worst thing I have ever heard.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Terror Sweat posted:

You mean LOO-TUH CRA-TEH? Seriously, there's a guy I follow on Youtube that got a few months worth of a subscription to it for free to review, and he's been "sorely disappointed" with all but one of them. They really are very dumb.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

It's a box of nerdy poo poo that didn't sell. It's the worst thing.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Actually, its loving epic.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Whatever the dog owner version is genius though. Pet owners spend mad money.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

urk the quack posted:

Technicality No Down Boo Over?

Technicality no down boo over?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Episode 300 tomorrow. Wonder if they'll do anything big for it.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Better be some PFT stifled guffaws.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

amen to that

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/oh-golly-you-devil/

:getin:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

2 hours and 14 minutes? I'm loving in.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
AAAAAAAAAAHHHH THE DALYPOCALYPSE IS UPON US

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This Movie Is PG-13, N-Word

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Zouks and Daly?!?! I'm staying up late!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

:eng101: autodefenestration

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
That episode was GOAT material and Andy Daly is a goddamn genious.

"Na sha sha" & "He puts his mouth into his fist" made me burst out laughing in the middle of my run.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Engineer Cody Cody, if you say no this entire thing ends.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Nothing in the history of this show has ever happened

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I had to walk away from my desk when Zowber came up.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I totally lost it when they made him do a limerick and you could hear Jason totally dying off-mic as Andy desperately tried to make a limerick on the fly.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Edited.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 16, 2020

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Wasn't that the ep where a bunch if guests cancelled and it was just Scott and PFT trying to make up some content?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

technicality no down boo over but, today's episode was 301 then

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 21, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Daly is god.

Zsinjeh posted:

Wasn't that the ep where a bunch if guests cancelled and it was just Scott and PFT trying to make up some content?

No that was New York.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I've kinda been going through a CBB slump where it hasn't been too fun outside of some special guests, but this ep really brought back some old-school CBB laughter, really solid ep.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Yeah that was well worth the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

And satan.

We're all just plankton swimming in Andy Daly's international waters.