Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Planet Defensors blocked Deathscythe's scythe because...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

The GIG posted:

Just put a mini Char figure in the cockpit and watch the particles bend over backwards to show off how totally cool he is.

No. No no.

PUT GN DRIVES ON THE CHAR.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Just a 1/144th scale Char figure strapped with 5 GN Drives, a satellite cannon, Moonlight Butterfly, the V2's minovsky drive, and every single "Like a newtype but not" system that they've ever come up with(Trans Am, Seed mode, etc.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Unfortunately for him, someone else has an a 1/35 Amuro.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Just a 1/144th scale Char figure strapped with 5 GN Drives, a satellite cannon, Moonlight Butterfly, the V2's minovsky drive, and every single "Like a newtype but not" system that they've ever come up with(Trans Am, Seed mode, etc.)

And then it gets easily dispatched by some guy who looks like Otto using a Leo gunpla because that is the magic of Build Fighters.

I would also accept Sazaki winning with the Neo Zegyang.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 29, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I would love to see the episode of build fighters S2 where someone cleans house with a modified* Cancer.
*The only modification is to give it legs, the more ridiculous the legs the better

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kurieg posted:

I would love to see the episode of build fighters S2 where someone cleans house with a modified* Cancer.
*The only modification is to give it legs, the more ridiculous the legs the better

Its "legs" would just be those big boosters on the back of the Full Armored Unicorn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want Unicorn 7 to get in.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kurieg posted:

Big Zam legs.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The final fight of season 2 will be against the 1:1 Gundam because someone replaces it's stand with an over sized GP base.

EDIT: If this happens I don't know if I'll be excited or pissed.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 29, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The GIG posted:

The final fight of season 2 will be against the 1:1 Gundam because someone replaces it's stand with an over sized GP base.

EDIT: If this happens I don't know if I'll be excited or pissed.

I'm still disappointed it didn't happen in the first season finale :sigh:.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If I wanted actual giant gundams fighting I could watch any other Gundam show, y'know?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

If I wanted actual giant gundams fighting I could watch any other Gundam show, y'know?

We want giant model Gundams to fight not giant robot Gundams. It is totally different.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ethiser posted:

We want giant model Gundams to fight not giant robot Gundams. It is totally different.

One guy has to fly his Gunpla into the 1/1 Gundam to detonate the reactor.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I want Unicorn 7 to get in.

Seconding this image.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The director's twitter has been promising an update to the site for a week now, and they delivered.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apparently the new kids are a 'tri-fighter' team, and the name of the new series in GBF Tri.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So is that like Reiji's nephew or something?

I'm all about some Shining Build Finger.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm just amazed the loving Re-GZ got an upgrade.

Give me MG Re-GZ 2.0 Bandai.

EDIT: There's a Powered GM lurking in the toy section too. It'll probably belong to this season's Ral.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm just amazed the loving Re-GZ got an upgrade.

Give me MG Re-GZ 2.0 Bandai.

EDIT: There's a Powered GM lurking in the toy section too. It'll probably belong to this season's Ral.

From bits I've picked from /m/ that may be the villain suit. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Also burning Gundam looks rad.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:vince:

Oh god the wait for that Build Burning Gundam is going to drive me insane.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Apparently the new kids are a 'tri-fighter' team, and the name of the new series in GBF Tri.

http://www.gundam-bf.net/news.php

GoogleTranslate posted:

From October 2014, new anime to be a sequel to "build Gundam Fighters", "build Gundam Fighters try" is determined by the broadcast TV Tokyo series!

Stage of the story, seven years after the previous work from the "build Gundam Fighters". Three staff of Kiyoshiotori school Gundam Battle section, the first half of Sekai, Kosaka, we could say Jack Robinson, of Hoshino Fumina is, draw a figure which has formed the team, "Tri-Fighters", continue to challenge the Gundam Battle Championship.

I am going to toward the broadcast of October, to publish the information at any time on the official website! Please look forward to!

More than just a team, Team BATTLING.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yay a custom G...

...wait...

Build Burning Gundam? What the hell? Weird naming aside though, this will be awesome, for sure. Best choice for Build.

Also I love how direct the Winning Gundam's name is. No joking around here, it's built for winning. I can imagine what that girl's personality is already.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrifeHira posted:

More than just a team, Team BATTLING.

Well poo poo, given the series usual themes you know what this has to mean at some point: "...AND I'll FORM THE HEAD!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Focusing on team battles definitely seems like a logical place to go, hopefully there's at least one team that pokes fun at Celestial Being.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really can't figure out Build Burning's base suit. It's clearly supposed to call to mind God/Shining but I really don't think that is the base suit.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well poo poo, given the series usual themes you know what this has to mean at some point: "...AND I'll FORM THE HEAD!"

Getter Gundam Team.

It will happen.

It MUST happen.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

I really can't figure out Build Burning's base suit. It's clearly supposed to call to mind God/Shining but I really don't think that is the base suit.

I think it's all new. There's no model kit recent enough to base it on that looks remotely close to that, unless they pull a season one and have it come out before the updated version of an old one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Build Burning is basically original. The only link it has to God is the effect part, but that's probably just a reference to the God's dub name.

Also loving NAOKI is one of the mecha designers, get hype. :dance: If you don't know who that is, he's a real life gunpla genius. Check out some of his stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yay a custom G...

...wait...

Build Burning Gundam? What the hell? Weird naming aside though, this will be awesome, for sure. Best choice for Build.

Also I love how direct the Winning Gundam's name is. No joking around here, it's built for winning. I can imagine what that girl's personality is already.

I seriously hope Winning Gundam's user is going to own. I know it's Gundam and she's a girl so it's not going to happen, but I can hope.

Winning Gundam looks really basic, though. I wonder what its gimmick will be.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 17, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Looking at the bios she's basically Sei mkII, just like how Kamiki is Reiji mkII. Also the blue haired guy is China's younger brother, and presumably the person she was mailing in that preview.

I can't wait for Sei to show up midway through in the Build Strike Freedom to steal the spotlight. :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Looking at the bios she's basically Sei mkII, just like how Kamiki is Reiji mkII. Also the blue haired guy is China's younger brother, and presumably the person she was mailing in that preview.

I can't wait for Sei to show up midway through in the Build Strike Freedom to steal the spotlight. :unsmigghh:

Sei, Reiji and Yuuki. It's a three-man team competition, remember.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Also loving NAOKI is one of the mecha designers, get hype. :dance:

I don't think you could get me more excited for this series at this point short of a GBF Gundam Artemie at this point.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We got G-Saviour last time, maybe this time we'll get something even more obscure. Like the Gaia Gear.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Getter Gundam Team.

It will happen.

It MUST happen.

They even have the colors!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It looks like the rough gimmick is:

One is PUNCHMANS who doesn't know much about Gunpla Builders but has bullshit kung-fu powers and is a great fighter.
One is China's younger brother who is a pro builder of some kind.
One is the president of the Gundam Club and "loves Gundam from the bottom of her heart."

The Burning appears to be punchy-man and uses "Universal Kendo"
The Lightning is shooty-mans
The Winning is high-speed/gimmick oriented.

I'd say my biggest concern is that it's going to boil down to "one is good at fighting, one is good at building, one is the Sei Mk.II but without a Fighter so she just gets owned constantly."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

We got G-Saviour last time, maybe this time we'll get something even more obscure. Like the Gaia Gear.

The final upgrade has all the Gunpla combining into the Build Ideon. :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

The final upgrade has all the Gunpla combining into the Build Ideon. :getin:

You know, just sake of argument, it'd explain why one's an SD Gundam. That head would probably be relatively-sized for a three-mech combo Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly, something I find sort of weird is that only one of the three main suits is 'canonical.' You've got two units which look basically like new suits and then the ReGZ.

• Locked thread