Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

DrBouvenstein posted:

It doesn't, though. If it takes three minutes to brush your teeth, it takes three minutes whether you do it in the shower or out of the shower. In the shower just wastes MORE water.

Same with shaving in the shower.

Pissing in the shower, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable.

If you have the coordination to brush your teeth and wash another part of your body at the same time, then it's faster. I wouldn't even try shaving and washing up, though: that sounds like a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I had a roommate who always did that. The first one, at least. According to him it saved time.

I do it. It doesn't save time at all. It's so I get to spend more time in the shower. Hot water feels nice.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

DrBouvenstein posted:

It doesn't, though. If it takes three minutes to brush your teeth, it takes three minutes whether you do it in the shower or out of the shower. In the shower just wastes MORE water.

Same with shaving in the shower.

Pissing in the shower, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable.

What if you washed yourself with one hand, and brushed your teeth with the other. Both activities would take longer that way but I bet there'd still be a net gain.

edit: beaten

nerox
May 20, 2001

Little Blue Couch posted:

What if you washed yourself with one hand, and brushed your teeth with the other. Both activities would take longer that way but I bet there'd still be a net gain.

edit: beaten

But if you use one hand, it takes twice as long, therefore you lose all the time savings. Here is the real life hack:

razorrozar posted:

At the same time?

I don't know if this is blurry because it was vibrating or because the picture was taken with a potato.

Use a suction cup dildo for the attachment, put it up in your shower at head level. Brush your teeth hand's free while you wash your body with both hands.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

nerox posted:

Use a suction cup dildo for the attachment, put it up in your shower at head level. Brush your teeth hand's free while you wash your body with both hands.

:golfclap: That mental image made me laugh like a goddamn moron.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor. But every once in a while...
It's a lifehack.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

stratdax posted:

Corrupt? Dude if a cop pulls you over for doing a California Stop because he's low on his ticket quota, then you say "sorry I just have a lot on my mind, I just got fired, I'll be more careful" and he lets you off with a warning, that's not corruption. That's just having some sympathy.

You dont really get off for poo poo like that in Australia unless you've got basically no record.

RCarr posted:

I don't know if you are trolling or just plain crazy, but cops let people go for a lot less all the time.

Edit: Guess you are just real mad for not understanding a simple concept.

I understand this is the awful lifehacker thread, but that's a pretty stupid rear end stretch all things considered.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you

Nutsngum posted:

You dont really get off for poo poo like that in Australia unless you've got basically no record.

Our next door neighbors are cops and we get invited to quite a few parties, BBQ's etc. Due to being incorrectly charged with using a mobile phone whilst driving, I made a point of asking every different cop what I need to do to get let off such a ticket, knowing that I would go to court with my phone records and get off it anyways.

Once a cop sees an offence, they're expected to ticket it. Even if they accept your excuse and/or admit they were wrong, they are still expected to give you a ticket.
It's completely up to them as an individual to decide against it and from what I hear, they can get in alot of trouble for doing it.

Oh and FWIW, if a cop ever asks for your mobile phone, they aren't looking up your call history, they just get your IMIE for their records, in case you upgrade/change your phone between then and the court case.
I've been told you don't actually have to give it to them, but if you don't, you can expect them to fully search and defect your car.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Mr. Beefhead posted:

A quick way to tell if your freezer is at the proper temp is by checking if your ice cream is hard as a rock. If your freezer is warm enough to have soft ice cream, then everything else you're trying to store in there is going to get nasty much, much sooner.

I suppose ideally you could split your ice cream up into separate, single serving sized containers as soon as you get it home, while it's still soft from the trip from the store.

Actually, I might just try that the next time I buy ice cream.
If it's just about scooping the ice cream, you can just let it sit in a glass of hot/warm water whenever it seizes up, which is what some ice cream shops do with their scoops. You can also just microwave the whole container for ~10 seconds or so to soften it up without melting it and put it back in the freezer afterward.

Though, pre-portioning food, and especially snacks, is a pretty handy way of controlling your calorie consumption since the tendency is to grab way more than you need when anticipating a treat or going back for seconds.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Just let the poo poo sit out for a couple minutes.

~This message brought to you by Common Knowledge For The Last 100 Years~

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
And now, the nerdiest joke ever:

mobby_6kl posted:

He probably just thought the idea was to bribe the cop with office supplies from the box.

"Officer, maybe we could find a mutually beneficial solution to this situation?"
*Pulls out optical mouse by its cord*

That only works if you were stopped by Jason Bulmahn.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

the trick with ice cream is to plunge it, and your hands, into a full fat fryer for a few minutes. the searing burns and excruciating pain will stop you from eating the icecream #prolifehacks #burns #berniemadoff

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I got one of those solid metal ice cream spoons from Ikea and am yet to have any issues scooping up IC directly from the freezer :shrug:

Arivia posted:

And now, the nerdiest joke ever:

That only works if you were stopped by Jason Bulmahn.

Congrats, even I had to google that guy and I'm still not sure what the joke is :)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mobby_6kl posted:

I got one of those solid metal ice cream spoons from Ikea and am yet to have any issues scooping up IC directly from the freezer :shrug:

In other words - "don't try to scoop ice cream with cheap stamped flatware."

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Geoj posted:

In other words - "don't try to scoop ice cream with cheap stamped flatware."

You're not supposed to give actual good advice in this thread. Do something like this instead:

Life hack: Tape together 5 dinner spoons to create one powerful ice cream scooper!

Life hack: If you stab ice cream repeatedly with your largest knife, it will be easily scoopable!

Life hack: Eat the entire container of ice cream so you don't have to scoop it into a bowl.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Meatwave posted:

You're not supposed to give actual good advice in this thread. Do something like this instead:

Life hack: Tape together 5 dinner spoons to create one powerful ice cream scooper!

Life hack: If you stab ice cream repeatedly with your largest knife, it will be easily scoopable!

Life hack: Eat the entire container of ice cream so you don't have to scoop it into a bowl.

Life hack: Leave it out until it melts to a liquid, then drink straight from the container. No spoon, no bowl!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Life hack: Use a loving ice cream scoop because it's a big, heavy metal loving scoop made specifically for that task you pieces of poo poo.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Drink a beer and use your laptop while pooping after you get home from work.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Save on toilet paper and cut bathroom time by 85% by making GBS threads only once a week!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tracula posted:

Life hack: Use a loving ice cream scoop because it's a big, heavy metal loving scoop made specifically for that task you pieces of poo poo.

Thread hack: read the thread.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

That's not a lifehack that's just life.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Tracula posted:

But how does this save me a marginal amount of money at the expense of massive inconvenience???

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
When you're feeling hungry, try ingesting edible solids!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3538070

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Inevitable posted:

When you're feeling hungry, try ingesting edible solids!

too much work, can i just get my calories in liquid form

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Farecoal posted:

too much work, can i just get my calories in liquid form

Life support hack: use an IV

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Can't figure out a child's toy? Just give up and cheat, you dumb idiot

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Minarch posted:

Save on toilet paper and cut bathroom time by 85% by making GBS threads only once a week!
During the weekend, take large amounts of loperamide so you don't poop at all and have more time for activities!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Minarch posted:

poo poo while submerged in the hot tub and let the water turbulence do the rear end cleaning for you!

e: Even better, use the hot tub or public pool water jets directly as an natural bidet!

Pneub has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Jul 19, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Pneub posted:

poo poo while submerged in the hot tub and let the water turbulence do the rear end cleaning for you!

e: Even better, use the hot tub or public pool water jets directly as an natural bidet!

Please don't do this, it interferes with my George Bluth lifehack of using the hot tub to cook bag-and-boils

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Life Hack: Don't ever brush your teeth from now on, no one will know the difference!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Life Hack:

Go ahead and stick your dick in the pickle slicer. They can't fire both of you.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

No, you're meant to do all the pooping at work so your boss pays for the loo paper. And just hold it in on evenings and weekends.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Always take a backpack when you use other people's bathrooms so you can steal the toilet paper when you're done

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

And how did she recycle the gate after she recycled the cans? Or did she just throw it away?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Take free carpet samples, and carpet your floor with it!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507077239264343272/

Think of all the money you'll save on having a really ugly room!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

dino. posted:

Take free carpet samples, and carpet your floor with it!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507077239264343272/

Think of all the money you'll save on having a really ugly room!

You purposely picked the ugliest one. Here, this is the one he wants everyone to see. :smug:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507077239264343279/

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rick_Hunter posted:

You purposely picked the ugliest one. Here, this is the one he wants everyone to see. :smug:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507077239264343279/

I'm not seeing a difference.

Tater Tot 13
Nov 14, 2003

Making the best of a goon situation.
Life Hack: Shoot yourself with small caliber bullets to build up an immunity for larger bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Can't figure out a child's toy? Just give up and cheat, you dumb idiot

Rubik's cubes aren't exactly easy, I wouldn't say you're a dumb idiot if you can't figure it out. Cheating on one is pointless and dumb though yes. Have you ever completed a Rubik's cube Diet Conan Doyle?