Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Whoever wrote or improvised a Planetside 2 Certs Vs Shrek song over proximity chat discovered the geekiest thing ever to serenade. The layers of the nerd onion keep peeling back, deeper and deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Instead of never dropping sniper ammo sometimes I like to throw it off the cliff in front of them, or toss it in an open and exposed area. I don't like who this game is turning me into but aaahahahahahaha SUFFER YOU BASTARDS

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Blasmeister posted:

Man I can't think why anyone would want to aurax 5 sniper rifles, wonder if they'll let you aurax the same weapon multiple times for that

This is actually my goal right now, I want to do it because sniper rifles are fun as hell to use. :colbert:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Instead of never dropping sniper ammo sometimes I like to throw it off the cliff in front of them, or toss it in an open and exposed area. I don't like who this game is turning me into but aaahahahahahaha SUFFER YOU BASTARDS

The joke is on you Sir, I primarily use the phaseshift!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey so some of my guns have foregrips attached but when I look at the cert page it says I still have to pay for the foregrip ahh what?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

BadLlama posted:

Hey so some of my guns have foregrips attached but when I look at the cert page it says I still have to pay for the foregrip ahh what?
They were probably Advanced Foregrips and you need to futz with the loadout because they got refunded and you had them removed, but the loadout appears the same until you change it. However the actual attachment won't work unless you rebuy and reequip it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

Lots of people think that we mostly do redeploying, lancing, point holds, and redeploying, but that's all a cover for our true mission: running over friendly snipers in our Magriders and not dropping ammo for them. vigorous sodomy is about to blow the whole lid off our anti-sniper conspiracy and then we'll be truly hosed. I hope you guys are readying your DAPP applications for when Magrider-gate gets out.

Got this whistle nice and shiny.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So I unlocked the TROSS last night. :hellyeah:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

biglads posted:

Welcome home.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Has SOE done something to NC Max Slugs or am I just really rusty with them? They seem not as accurate and have damage degradation now?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gotta say, this game is all around way better than I remember it. Things generally seems more balanced, it runs well, and I can actually ground pound now.

That said cert gain generally seems slower than I remember?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fart Car '97 posted:

Gotta say, this game is all around way better than I remember it. Things generally seems more balanced, it runs well, and I can actually ground pound now.

The game really is improved in almost every way despite there still being some problems (such as no real metagame as of yet). I'm honestly not too sure about the cert gain thing because my cert gain is a lot slower. Around the time I stopped playing for a while I had Auraxium membership + Alpha squad boost so I was just printing certs. Now that I'm back I'm on one of the lower tier memberships and running a piddly little resource boost.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's fast if you can find fights, but the current meta is that everyone is a huge jackass and people try to avoid fights wherever possible in favor of hellzerging each others' unattended lanes.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Cert gain is definitely improved from launch, what with spotting, motion detectors, squad deploy, improved vehicle kill xp and all those ribbons.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A lot of my poo poo certainly seems to have disappeared during the last year or so. Without a doubt I had AP rounds and armor for the Vanguard, and I should have the Reaper for my medic, but none of those are there anymore and I wasn't refunded the credits certs, because I only logged in with ~250 certs.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 18, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

A lot of my poo poo certainly seems to have disappeared during the last year or so. Without a doubt I had AP rounds and armor for the Vanguard, and I should have the Reaper for my medic, but none of those are there anymore and I wasn't refunded the credites, because I only logged in with ~250 credits.

Yeah me and my friends are in the same boat. Lot of poo poo is gone and not nearly enough certs were in our accounts to account for "refunds".

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I don't think they ever did a refund on those items anyways, so I would definitely send support an email.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

biglads posted:

2boss2Tross
:dukedog:

I've gotta say that I am AMAZED at how much people are adopting this gun and how much they love it. I incorrectly thought it'd be a fun niche weapon but that people would generally stick with the Reaper, but boy was I wrong.

Both are still among the best guns in the game of course, but nothing makes combat a good deal easier for someone than using a gun that is laser accurate with rounds the size of toasters and the damage per mag of an LMG

BadLlama posted:

Has SOE done something to NC Max Slugs or am I just really rusty with them? They seem not as accurate and have damage degradation now?

They've always had damage degradation - 500@8m down to 334@40m, aka a 2 shot shot kill up close and a 3 shot at all ranges. Headshots are 1.5x which, combined with the COF and high damage, you're always better off going for bodyshots.

Slugs are like the SAW - a poo poo pile if you're trying to jump around and fire accurately at 30m or so on the fly, but pretty much the loving greatest crusher of souls in the game if you take a fraction of a second to stop before you shoot. If you crouch, that's even better.

edit - for reference, most buckshot is down to 40-50 a pellet at 18m on top of spread making more pellets miss. The Mattocks are a good deal better but they are also the most accurate for slugs, so there's pretty much zero reason to run buckshot. I'm halfway to auraxium on my last pair of arms left on the list and I can count the number of buckshot kills there on two hands.

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 18, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Looks like...

:siren: DOUBLE XP IS UP :siren:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OH MY GOD IT'S A 150 ROUND MAGAZINE SAW

THAT'S 30,000 DAMAGE PER MAG, ON A GUN CALLED THE NC6A GODSAW

Pleeeasssseee Higby let that name stick.

http://www.twitch.tv/las0m/b/548776345

Exmags+no short reload it looks like. That's a huuuuuuuuge perk. The downsides? +15% reload speed on the short (long remains the same) and the hipfire COF is worse (like anybody will notice)

Looks like it's the defaults that get the special treatment. Good day to be NC! Sorry about the special lovely Solstice and semi-auto snipers and uhhhh okay the rest of the defaults are pretty great

Our SMG is going to be a dumb Cyclone :( I'll get the specs on all the guns and report back

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 18, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I see a SMG called Tempest. Super Cyclone! :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Magshot is called

:smug:The Executive.:smug:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Carteret posted:

The Magshot is called

:smug:The Executive.:smug:

Secondary firemode: Shoots bonus checks at people.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Playing since beta, and I'm nowhere close to Auraxing anything. Let me just buy the loving things, Higs, if there are straight upgrades.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If the bullets don't sound like coins hitting the ground, I'll be disappointed.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If the magazine was upped to 40 or 50 I would put it on five of my (read: engineer and light assault) loadouts and no other gun than the x11 would be used

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So wait, is the extended mags just a perk so you can also run foregrip on the GODSAW? Cause jesus christ.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

BadLlama posted:

So wait, is the extended mags just a perk so you can also run foregrip on the GODSAW? Cause jesus christ.

You can't use any attachments on these. WYSIWYG.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BadLlama posted:

All attachments are baked in, no customizing. The LMGs are getting a unique barrel attachment that acts as both comp AND grip so that they can get exmags. This is probably necessary due to SOE deciding to make LMGs a real hassle to operate without grips so that exmags wasn't so brainless a choice like it used to be.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Looked like a Blitz model to me. Gonna be super depressed if it isn't a Cyclone though. I don't even care if it's identical w/ exmags/SPA built in like everybody usually runs. I just want a third Cyclone to auraxium :getin:

In order of appearance:

- The Executive - Magshot with built in silencer
- NC6A GODSAW - SAW with built in exmags/reflex/comp+grip combo
- Tempest - our auraxium SMG is the dumb Blitz :(
- Darkstar - looks like a normal Pulsar, either 615m/s or 815m/s. Tough to tell. edit - nope same velocity
- Betelgeuse - An Orion with +15 rounds and worse hipfire but no reload penalty. Lol it's a downgraded SVA-88 that looks cooler.
- The Immortal - Beamer w/ built in silencer

Of course these are obviously probably nowhere near finished. Still, that's where they are now

edit - once again I would like to reiterate how fantastic the SAW is. It's like, they took the most NC goddamn gun in the game and somehow made it more NC

50% more freedom per shot

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 18, 2014

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Hey, remember the whole "+2 membership days or 200 certs if you've spent SC" thing? I logged in yesterday, as a non-member who has used the depot, and didn't get the +200. Is it yet to come or did you other non-members get it already, and I should file a ticket?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

All attachments are baked in, no customizing. The LMGs are getting a unique barrel attachment that acts as both comp AND grip so that they can get exmags. This is probably necessary due to SOE deciding to make LMGs a real hassle to operate without grips so that exmags wasn't so brainless a choice like it used to be.

Oh my that gun is going to be amazing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

NihilCredo posted:

Hey, remember the whole "+2 membership days or 200 certs if you've spent SC" thing? I logged in yesterday, as a non-member who has used the depot, and didn't get the +200. Is it yet to come or did you other non-members get it already, and I should file a ticket?
ETA is "sometime next week"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Oh my that gun is going to be amazing.

But..but the hipfire will be worse! :laugh: Maybe I can get it to extend past the entire screen now when I jump

v v v it will be an upgraded version of one of the best guns in the game, so it won't be entirely bad! "reloads more efficently" is actually a fantastic, if somewhat ho-hum, perk. It's VS as hell v v v

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want our upgrade to be the Flare, not a downgraded SVA-88. :smith:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also how the gently caress do people have 5 Auraxiumed LMGs? I'm bad.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

This is it, the NC is about to go full retard shotgun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can the VS have like a Shock Rifle ala UT type of gun? It doesn't even have to hit hard.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

underbarrel lasher higby pls

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All jokes aside this would be fantastic. Giving one of the longer range oriented shotguns a one-shot pump action round for up close? It's ALSO NC as gently caress. I like where this is going.

This would be especially hilarious because almost nobody has enough shotgun auraxiums to qualify, and the ones that do are already extremely good at infuriating people with them using the Jackhammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
People should try the Silencer on the SOAS-20.

Not only is it about four times as loud as the unsilenced gun, it sounds like an angry death laser and it's wonderful.

• Locked thread