Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sad Panda posted:

How soon after the World Cup will the Uruguayan and Argentinian leagues be on? I'm in very southern Brazil now and would love to watch some games but I'll be in Montevideo probably in a couple of weeks or so and then Argentina after that.

For Argentina the first games start August 3, and happen every week after that. If you're in Argentina (or anywhere else I think, not sure how the rights work after the World Cup is over) you'll be able to watch on http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/. I'm also not sure which games they decide to show so you're welcome for this unhelpful post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I hope you are not coming here just to watch football. It starts on August 16th, btw.

e: I was talking about uruguay

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Polidoro posted:

I hope you are not coming here just to watch football. It starts on August 16th, btw.

e: I was talking about uruguay

A shame, I can probably still wrangle a game in there. Definitely not just here for the football - 6 months in Brazil and only been to one game - just like to watch games if the stars align.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got a date with a Brazilian girl this week because I sang the Corinthians song with her and talked poo poo about Fred. Brazilian football best football.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Uruguayan starts on 16/8.
Don't know why you would want to watch it however.

edit: doh, I never realised I wasn't on the last page when replying...

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Sad Panda posted:

A shame, I can probably still wrangle a game in there. Definitely not just here for the football - 6 months in Brazil and only been to one game - just like to watch games if the stars align.

Well, you have Libertadores and Recopa, depending on your dates, before the dates already mentioned.

Defensor plays Nacional on 7/29 at Centenario Stadium in Montevideo. If you'll head to Argentina earlier, you have San Lorenzo x Bolivar on 7/23 at Nuevo Gasometro in Buenos Aires, and Atletico Mineiro x Lanus in Lanus on 7/16.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Reminder that the Recopa starts in an hour

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I refuse to move on after the World Cup :colbert:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't find a single bar that's going to be playing it, so I guess it'll be at home with streams tonight.

edit: millox tv has a good stream. http://www.milloxtv.me/canal-1.htm#www.rojadirecta.me

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 17, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Before the match the reporters were asking Brazilian staff if they thought Dinho should have played at the WC and everyone said yes. I agree.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Drogadon posted:

Before the match the reporters were asking Brazilian staff if they thought Dinho should have played at the WC and everyone said yes. I agree.

I agree if only because he's so drat fun to watch. This is a good game so far.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
drat, I clicked on that stream link just as the players were getting the post-game interview. What tournament is playing now? I'd like to keep up with it.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
The Brazillian league started again last night and is on again tonight with Corinthians v Inter

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

San Lorenzo are currently playing Almirante Brown in the Copa Argentina, which I don't think anyone cares about but here's a link: http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

drat, I clicked on that stream link just as the players were getting the post-game interview. What tournament is playing now? I'd like to keep up with it.

Semis for the Libertadores are on the 22nd and the 23rd, and the second leg of the Recopa is also on the 23rd.

Edit: tuned in late to the Corinthians game. Not sure if Jorge Henrique is playing, but I'll be sad if I see him. :smith:

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 18, 2014

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Badger of Basra posted:

San Lorenzo are currently playing Almirante Brown in the Copa Argentina, which I don't think anyone cares about but here's a link: http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/

Thanks for the tip, I enjoyed watching that match :)

Volkerball posted:

Semis for the Libertadores are on the 22nd and the 23rd, and the second leg of the Recopa is also on the 23rd.

Edit: tuned in late to the Corinthians game. Not sure if Jorge Henrique is playing, but I'll be sad if I see him. :smith:

Oh crap, the Corinthians match is going on now? I gotta find me some streams, then. Speaking of, what are some good consistent streams for these matches. Futbol Para Todos for Argentine games, what about Brazilian? The link Volkerball posted earlier seems to be off the air.

Also, thanks for noting the Libertadores games, I'll keep them in mind for next week.

e:

Volkerball posted:

rojadirecta.me has ALL of them, in a really easy to use format. It's all I ever use. Corinthians game is in the 90th minute and they're up 2-0, so I wouldn't bother.

And bookmarked! Shame I couldn't get to the Corinthians game in time, but there's still future matches.

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 18, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Thanks for the tip, I enjoyed watching that match :)

Oh crap, the Corinthians match is going on now? I gotta find me some streams, then. Speaking of, what are some good consistent streams for these matches. Futbol Para Todos for Argentine games, what about Brazilian? The link Volkerball posted earlier seems to be off the air.

rojadirecta.me has ALL of them, in a really easy to use format. It's all I ever use. Corinthians game is in the 90th minute and they're up 2-0, so I wouldn't bother.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Heh. 2-1 actually. Cruzeiro is in the first half right now as well.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

It's weird how empty these stadiums look after watching the World Cup.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

It's weird how empty these stadiums look after watching the World Cup.

Arena Corinthians was packed.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Venezuela finally has a new DT, Noel Sanvicente.

You can relax now Costa Ricans.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Venezuela finally has a new DT, Noel Sanvicente.

You can relax now Costa Ricans.

That's good, but the shitheads in the federation don't want to pay up so Pinto might still go elsewhere.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Mentioned it on the Brazil WC thread, but Brazilian media is reporting Dunga is now the frontrunner for the job.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Dunga should get it, he takes no poo poo from anyone, I bet he gets rid of David Luiz.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Not only the Brazilian leagues starts this week but the Mexican league Liga MX starts tonight and being the Liga MX guy in this thread I start my weekly post. Now the site I normally copy and paste my info from ESPN FC just went over a site redesigned and messed up the copying and pasting so am in search of a new place but since it's the opening week I'll just post the fixtures (all times in CST/-5 GMT).

July 18, 2014
7:30pm Querétaro vs Pumas UNAM
9:30pm Tijuana vs Puebla

July 19, 2014
5:00pm Cruz Azul vs Pachuca
5:00pm Veracruz vs Santos Laguna
7:00pm Monterrey vs Universidad Guadalajara
8:00pm León vs América
9:00pm Atlas vs Tigres UANL

July 20, 2014
12:00pm Toluca vs Morelia
5:00pm Guadalajara vs Chiapas

As where to find the games if you're in the states Univision, Univision Deportes, UniMás, Telemuno, Azteca America and ESPN Deportes airs the games. Elsewhere I have no idea but there's always the internet.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Dunga should get it, he takes no poo poo from anyone, I bet he gets rid of David Luiz.

He's honestly a pretty good pundit, seems to know the game at least tactically pretty well. Don't think he'd be too bad. His previous run wasn't great but fine imo

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 18, 2014

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
My main issue with Dunga is that he plays favorites all too much with his call ups. Felipe Melo being called up in 2010 while Ronaldinho wasn't (after his best Milan season) was evidence of that. The end result was a team that was built to hold leads but not to chase one. It only had two attacking midfielders (Kaka and Elano), and once Elano got hurt there really wasn't anyone he could put in to try to create some offense.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

joepinetree posted:

My main issue with Dunga is that he plays favorites all too much with his call ups.

A lot of national team managers do that, most have that flaw I bet if we start analyzing them.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

A lot of national team managers do that, most have that flaw I bet if we start analyzing them.

Sure. But when you leave a then in shape Ronaldinho (top scorer for Milan that year) in order to take 5 defensive midfielders and only 2 attacking ones (one of them an injured Kaka, the other Elano, a back up at Galatasaray), that takes it to an extreme.

A reminder that this was the Ronaldinho of 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46CkS-EDvQ

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Force Cuca into it. If he can do it for Atlético Mineiro he can do it for Brazil. gently caress China

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Apparently Flamengo fans dragged Andre Santos off the team bus and best him after their loss to Internacional today. :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

joepinetree posted:

and once Elano got hurt there really wasn't anyone he could put in to try to create some offense.

But Mascherano plays for Argentina? :newlol:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Apparently Flamengo fans dragged Andre Santos off the team bus and best him after their loss to Internacional today. :(

Holy poo poo. What did he do?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Volkerball posted:

Holy poo poo. What did he do?

Flamengo is in the last position, going 0-3-4 since they hired a new coach (1-4-6 overall). He's not the only bad player out there, but he's one of the top earners, he's visibly out of shape and he's been playing like poo poo.

Plus, the game was away in Porto Alegre, so those are not regular, civilized fans. They also threw rocks at the team bus, and according to the chants there will be more violence when they arrive in rio, and Felipe, the keeper, is next.

Here's the higlights. They lost 4-0: http://globoesporte.globo.com/jogo/brasileirao2014/20-07-2014/internacional-flamengo.html

Magrov fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 21, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I knew they were facing relegation if things didn't get better, I just wonder what he did specifically in that game, if anything. I also didn't realize they loaned out Adryan to Italy. I figured he'd be starting with Flamengo this year.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, I knew they were facing relegation if things didn't get better, I just wonder what he did specifically in that game, if anything. I also didn't realize they loaned out Adryan to Italy. I figured he'd be starting with Flamengo this year.

He was caught out of position leading to the play where Chicão commited the penalty and got the red card, and he lost the ball that led to the 3rd goal. Plus, he was innefective as usual in offense, but that's not his fault, that's the entire team/coach fault.

Also, at this point it doesn't really matter if he did anything or not. André Santos and Felipe are going to be blamed by the ultras no matter what.

Magrov fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 21, 2014

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Someone will probably get murdered at the FlaFlu game in September. Also, if Chapecoense outplay them in August.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Cristian Bolaños is gonna play for Fla and he does tend to switch off at times :ohdear:

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
Good news for André Santos: Apparently his contract will be unilaterally rescinded by Flamengo, so not only he'll escape the wrath of the fans, he'll also get a fat check. Elano and Erazo are the next to leave, according to the rumors.

The next game is the derby vs Botafogo on sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Flamengo getting relegated would be super funny (bitter Vasco plastic), but surely they have the money to turn this around before the end of the season.