Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yes. Yesss :smug:

Mandatory rivalposting aside how are the Falcons projecting for this year?

Saints on paper seem like very very legit contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Breaky posted:

Yes. Yesss :smug:

Mandatory rivalposting aside how are the Falcons projecting for this year?

Saints on paper seem like very very legit contenders.

As long as they can stay healthy, they should be right back to division contenders. They made some pretty key upgrades on both lines, so they may even be better than they were in 2012 if Matt has more time upright and not on his rear end.

It all depends on the defense, that is what I am most curious about. The offense is one of the best in the league, and it sounds like Freeman may actually turn into something for years to come. Switching to a base 3-4 will be interesting, and they can't be much worse on defense than they were last year. I look forward to Hageman's first introduction to Brees :getin:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

As long as they can stay healthy, they should be right back to division contenders. They made some pretty key upgrades on both lines, so they may even be better than they were in 2012 if Matt has more time upright and not on his rear end.

It all depends on the defense, that is what I am most curious about. The offense is one of the best in the league, and it sounds like Freeman may actually turn into something for years to come. Switching to a base 3-4 will be interesting, and they can't be much worse on defense than they were last year. I look forward to Hageman's first introduction to Brees :getin:

They've got some questions to settle, but if the OL is as improved as it looks on paper, and the Defense can at least stack up to it's 2012 self, then I think they'll be in the mix for 9-10 win season.

Lots of new faces in the trenches, though, so we'll see. I hope we have a bounce-back year like the Saints did in 2013.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Was just about to say, sounds like us last year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Sorry for the derail, Febreeze. Have some bad rear end Matt Ryan fart.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
yes let's not forget about all the browns wins thirty drat years before any of us could identify a football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

football fuckerman posted:

yes let's not forget about all the browns wins thirty drat years before any of us could identify a football

The Browns have made the playoffs more recently than the Raiders.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

football fuckerman posted:

Or...let's...since they were only winning thirty drat years before any of us could identify a football

e:

Or better yet, let's make it easier on everyone and just talk about the Ravens success :allears:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 18, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Browns have made the playoffs more recently than the Raiders.

No they haven't, they both last made the playoffs in '02. The Browns were bounced in the wildcard round.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Even if their recent failures have been comparable on paper, the Raiders and the Browns just feel different in their misery. Like, the Raiders' shortcomings are more akin to slapstick, the Browns' are just cruel and tragic.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
A handy guide to drawing Tom brady

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/07/how-to-draw-tom-brady.html

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:laffo: holy poo poo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

2012 was pretty memorable for Falcons Fans. They didn't win the Superbowl, so I don't see why anyone else would give a poo poo.

The Falcons, however, are not "Those poor Browns" levels of bad, so they're not going to be getting anybody's sympathy vote. When the Browns beat the Falcons at home this year, then we might start getting some sympathy.

The Falcons and the Eagles are similar except in that the Eagles are back on track to being good but not quite "there".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Falcons were infuriatingly good for a few years before they decided to be hilariously bad last year and I'm not convinced they aren't going to decide to just be 13-3 for no reason again this year

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Want this to happen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alouicious posted:

the Falcons were infuriatingly good for a few years before they decided to be hilariously bad last year and I'm not convinced they aren't going to decide to just be 13-3 for no reason again this year

They didn't decide to be hilariously bad as much as they were down to their 4th stringers by like week 3. They have the potential to be better than recent teams, time will tell.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

They didn't decide to be hilariously bad as much as they were down to their 4th stringers by like week 3. They have the potential to be better than recent teams, time will tell.

Imagine if Mike Johnson hadn't broken his leg in camp... or if the FO hadn't been dip-shits and let Svitek walk in 2012 (because he was a serviceable back-up at tackle).

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.

Needs more contour and bronze. Fabulous work nonetheless. ;-*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Imagine if Mike Johnson hadn't broken his leg in camp... or if the FO hadn't been dip-shits and let Svitek walk in 2012 (because he was a serviceable back-up at tackle).

I'm just pumped to see these two beefcakes in action!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

You're not bulky enough in this picture

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The Falcons and the Eagles are similar except in that the Eagles are back on track to being good but not quite "there".

I'll be wearing my Eagles cardigan and holding a handkerchief in my left hand for reverse juju and they'll get 11 wins, easy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's probably one of your best to date. Amazing.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

... I would gladly put that storyline together, because it sounds amazing

Summer is a bad time for football news but a great time for football-based Back to the Future parodies

go nuts

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

I spent way too much time trying to find the hidden mouseover text

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shath Hole posted:

2012 was pretty great, the ups and downs of the Seahawks and then Niners game. gently caress, if they could just close out games...ahhhh what could have been. They are not Browns level though, you are right, and I hope and pray that we never are.

Also, shutup Breaky :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnISamR9yxw

Bowman does a Jerry Rice-level job of keeping his eyes on the ball all the way through the process of the catch.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

mllaneza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnISamR9yxw

Bowman does a Jerry Rice-level job of keeping his eyes on the ball all the way through the process of the catch.

That damned play. Although, I can't be mad. At that point the season was lost and the Falcons came out and fought against a really, really good 49ers team with all the Candlestick emotions flowing through them. I was kind of proud of them that night.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Febreeze posted:

Draft in Philly

Sponsored by Duracell

have Goodell dressed up as Santa

get your popcorn

This is a comic waiting to happen.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

No they haven't, they both last made the playoffs in '02. The Browns were bounced in the wildcard round.

Holy poo poo, it's really been that long :smith:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Fenrir posted:

Bounced by the Steelers. :argh:

Edit: Ironically we have WON a playoff game more recently than the Bengals, back in 1994, coached by Bill Belicheck against the Patriots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fenrir posted:

The Bills haven't been since '99, they're the real Browns.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Flikken posted:

Edit: Ironically we have WON a playoff game more recently than the Bengals, back in 1994, coached by Bill Belicheck against the Patriots.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Bengals playoff win drought is the longest in the NFL unless I'm missing something. The Lions are like 1 or 2 years behind them. In both cases it's over 20.

e: yeah, Bengals 23, Lions 22, Chiefs 20, etc etc

But what makes it so much worse with the Bengals is that they've made it there 4 of the last 5 years and bounced in the first round EVERY loving TIME.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 19, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Flikken posted:

Superstar Browns QB Kelly Holcomb

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Superstar Browns QB Kelly Holcomb

He was awesome and I bandwagoned the poo poo out of that wildcard run.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Fenrir posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Bengals playoff win drought is the longest in the NFL unless I'm missing something. The Lions are like 1 or 2 years behind them. In both cases it's over 20.

e: yeah, Bengals 23, Lions 22, Chiefs 20, etc etc

But what makes it so much worse with the Bengals is that they've made it there 4 of the last 5 years and bounced in the first round EVERY loving TIME.

It's actually not worse at all. It sucks, but I'd take a first round exit over another loving 4-12 season every single time.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It really, really sucks.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Stupid Kluwe making me spend my friday night drawing emergency comics and getting all self righteous.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/chris-kluwes-hypocrisy/

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I honestly had no idea what Kluwe said until reading the comic, so maybe just ignore him and he'll go away? v:shobon:v

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah that's the best advice for TFF, and also something we've demonstrated we're completely incapable of doing. Plus it is news, the Vikings are suspending a coach and nothing else is going on until training camps get going here soon.

We're almost there.

There being where we're all hyped up for a week or two before we start complaining about preseason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KettleWL posted:

It's actually not worse at all. It sucks, but I'd take a first round exit over another loving 4-12 season every single time.

Eh, this is a good point. I mean, at least you got division titles in there a few times and don't just completely suck.

Insert Browns jokes here, I guess

• Locked thread