Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you anonymous creative member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you anonymous creative member.

Tommy Dreamer in the new ECW ruled :mad:

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The story about Sandman dying from an overdose in a car with Rhyno and Bill Alfonso in it and having to be dumped at the hospital to be shocked back to life by adrenaline to the heart was also something else.

Dreamer: *tells stories about Sandman ODing and needing Pulp Fiction-esque adrenaline injected directly to the heart to live, Sandman himself admitting he's been dead 3 times, and saying Sandman doesn't do hard drugs anymore "but he's still drinking"*
Austin: "Jesus Christ, how is the Sandman doing?"
Dreamer: "He's fine."

My other favorite story from the Dreamer casts is Dreamer rooming with Rhyno and hearing that Rhyno is some kind of freak germophobe, and immediately pulling down his pants and rubbing his bare rear end all over Rhyno's bed like a dog.

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 19, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah Tommy is one of those guys that I didn't really care about when he wrestled, but now that I'm listening to him on Austin's show I think he's a super cool dude and like him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Any time Dreamer in WWECW gets brought up I remember that Zack Ryder "retired" Hurricane and Dreamer and I laugh and laugh and laugh.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dreamer is cool and handsome and has the heart of a lion. He's the Hardcore Champion of my heart.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Dreamer is cool and handsome and has the heart of a lion. He's the Hardcore Champion of my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsfGySha9uw

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

....I've got nothing. I can't defend that.

:smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that tommy dreamer pod was interesting for about two stories then devolved into dreamer bullshitting and putting himself over for an hour zzzzzzz

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I enjoyed it but I felt uncomfortable when Tommy was talking about his memory issues and somewhat in denial that it's related to his style of wrestling.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

mariooncrack posted:

I enjoyed it but I felt uncomfortable when Tommy was talking about his memory issues and somewhat in denial that it's related to his style of wrestling.

Yeah that part was pretty rough. People should hear it though. Steve being in disbelief about Tommy's bullshit was pretty funny at least.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm on the phone with my bank right now. Two different weird transactions today made them call and I have to shut my card down on a Saturday. Ughhhh.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, they keep your passwords in plaintext so something like this isn't exactly surprising

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Valeyard posted:

To be fair, they keep your passwords in plaintext so something like this isn't exactly surprising

As much as I poke fun at Meltzer even I didn't choose to kick people while they were down

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I didn't lose any money at least.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mr. Carlisle posted:

As much as I poke fun at Meltzer even I didn't choose to kick people while they were down

Valeyard posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

True

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

To be fair... it's Valeyard.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not content enough with being laughed out of his attempt at being a QCS superstar and needs to be booed out of yet another subforum I see

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Not content enough with being laughed out of his attempt at being a QCS superstar and needs to be booed out of yet another subforum I see

I already AM a QCS superstar but this isn't the thread for that quit talking about me!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I would really prefer if something were done to stop Valeyard from posting, even if only for a day, or 3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorry to interrupt bad posters, but let me do my own

Episode 16: Lex Luger, the Bane of Superman

We talk about the past three weeks of NXT, Battleground, and various other dumb things.

https://twitter.com/Sexy_Ferg
https://twitter.com/BlankusMaximus
https://twitter.com/SlapnutsSA
http://feeds.feedburner.com/DevcastChronicles

there u go

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Sorry to interrupt bad posters, but let me do my own

Episode 16: Lex Luger, the Bane of Superman

We talk about the past three weeks of NXT, Battleground, and various other dumb things.

https://twitter.com/Sexy_Ferg
https://twitter.com/BlankusMaximus
https://twitter.com/SlapnutsSA
http://feeds.feedburner.com/DevcastChronicles

there u go

It's almost like I wasn't paying attention when we recorded this.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thauros posted:

I always sub one month at a time too.

I checked both my credit card I normally use and the debit I used for the first time to renew a couple days ago. Fortunately both seem fine so far.

I'm pretty sure they meant credit and debit cards were at risk but not PayPal accounts. Whether it's credit or debit it's going to be processed the same from their end. But yeah, that sucks, both me and a friend of mine lost over 1k from our checking accounts after using what was apparently a bad ATM in Maine. Fortunately the bank we both use is actually pretty decent about this stuff and we both got it back in a few weeks.

It sounds like their ancient credit card payment software got owned and credit card numbers all got sent to some third party. PayPal users aren't affected because your info would go through PayPal, not F4W.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
My card got hit too. One week ago, 2 charges total of about $350. Thankfully my bank was nice and reversed them.

I only found out about this leak just now from the thread title. Thanks for that.

jtm33 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 20, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yea ok posted:

I would really prefer if something were done to stop Valeyard from posting, even if only for a day, or 3.

if only he'd lose another toxx

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ouch, yeah so I hadn't finished the Tommy Dreamer podcast and things got pretty horrifying pretty quick. Austin having to hammer home to him that having a similar memory to his 96 year old mother is NOT normal was pretty depressing.

Also this podcast was how I found out Matt Striker was heterosexual, which I'm still having trouble believing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Dreamer ruled. Dude was great.

And Vince McMahon is my favorite crazy person.

Jerusalem posted:

Ouch, yeah so I hadn't finished the Tommy Dreamer podcast and things got pretty horrifying pretty quick. Austin having to hammer home to him that having a similar memory to his 96 year old mother is NOT normal was pretty depressing.

Also this podcast was how I found out Matt Striker was heterosexual, which I'm still having trouble believing.

I always thought he was a firm Log Cabin republican as well.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 20, 2014

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I thought Lance Storm on Jim Cornette's podcast this week was one of the most fascinating hour and a half discussions on wrestling I've heard. It's straight 90 minutes talking about the Attitude Era and the ramifications of it and how it compares to the current product. Even if you disagree with every single word out of their mouths, it's still interesting to hear smart knowledgeable people talk deeply on a subject that we talk about every week here.

http://jimcornette.com/podcasts

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Valeyard posted:

You guys can shoot the messenger but storing passwords in plaintext is loving Dumb As gently caress

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Having people email him their credit card info to sign up for the print version is dumb because all that info is probably still sitting in Dave's email account waiting to be hacked too but what use is it saying 'heh shoulda known it was gonna happen' when people are currently going through the giant pain in the rear end of dealing with identity/bank theft cleanup

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This just introduced me to my new favorite phrase; "Shaking like a dog making GBS threads peach seeds."

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
The best part of last Thursday's Steve Austin show was Austin sulking that someone else hit Tommy Dreamer with an iron before he could.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

remusclaw posted:

This just introduced me to my new favorite phrase; "Shaking like a dog making GBS threads peach seeds."

"If a woman's nice enough to get on her knees, don't blow your load all over her face." - Some wrestling analogy, I forgot what it was exactly.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I thought Lance Storm on Jim Cornette's podcast this week was one of the most fascinating hour and a half discussions on wrestling I've heard. It's straight 90 minutes talking about the Attitude Era and the ramifications of it and how it compares to the current product. Even if you disagree with every single word out of their mouths, it's still interesting to hear smart knowledgeable people talk deeply on a subject that we talk about every week here.

http://jimcornette.com/podcasts

Jim Cornette becomes infinitely more tolerable when he has a smart guest on with things to say.

Speaking of that Russo is starting his own independent podcast :munch:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Speaking of that Russo is starting his own independent podcast :munch:

He has to call it "Podcast on a Pole," right? He's just leaving money on the table otherwise.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
polecast

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

If it helps, he could be bisexual?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Podcast dudes: name five guys you'd buy as WWE champion right now

also, name five guys you don't see being champion in six months to a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, Jake the Snake's Randy Savage story (and impersonation!) on the latest Jericho podcast is incredible.

Jake: Randy, what are you saying? That I'm plotting to assassinate you?
Savage: .....maybe I am :stare:

• Locked thread